Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Chael Sonnen

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Silva's not stupid. Jones might be an inch taller but close to seven inches reach advantage. Jones' legs might be considerably longer as well... fucking frog. :)

IMO, Silva's interests lie with the middleweight division more than the disinterest in Jones specifically. He doesn't want anything to do with the light heavyweight division. He might consider it but only if doctor evil puts the screws to him.

I think his overall record includes 6 losses, outside UFC of course. Dana needs to sign somebody on par with this guy or get his ass a Don King wig and dance for the cameras.

Just kidding. Dana's no Don King and UFC's nothing close to professional boxing.

Well, he's already had a couple successful LHW fights. I really think neither of them want any part of the other because neither wants to be beaten by the other. LOL. What a sight to behold that would be, huh?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like it to I just think ATLEAST title fights should be under the old rules these 2 no time limits no rounds

NOW THAT - Sounds AWESOME!!

Title fights = 5 rounds - nah - 1 on 1 till one stands and the other doesn't follow suit...

dank.Frank

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how bout tryn to get laid instead of finger fucking your keyboard mr 14,000 plus post

Hey man, ima firstly admit I LOL'd at that. But more importantly, I'd also like to ask you as a personal favor to tone it down a bit in these mma event threads.

We all treat these threads like the party where we all get together and chat before/during/after the event and keep it a little more lighthearted than the forum in general.

You're here with your mma-loving brothers - no need to be so harsh.

hamstring

Veteran
Hey I love the UFC and was a boxing fan, and still am, for many years. I watched the fight on pay for view and only read the first couple of pages of this thread.

Probably was already mentioned but not sure if you remember that Sonnen got busted for roids after the last Silva fight. There is a ton of roid use in the UFC including blood doping, much like professional biking. I really thought that Sonnen looked quite a bit different physically than he did in his first fight against silva.
The reason i bring this up is because like many after seeing the first round I thought here we go again he has Silva's number.
By the way I really believe Silva is on his way out because the key to beating him is a young gun with a large gas tank and constant pressure. You cant hang out in front of Silva and expect to win-------pressure. Any good coach who saw both fights knows the methodology

Then the second round Sonnen goes down on what everyone I watched it with and sounds like this thread agrees was an unremarkable strike. My thoughts were that Sonnen's gas tank was empty, no roids, no blood doping and being in that weakened state the strike was enough to stop him.

Just throwing it out there wanted to see if any one saw what I did.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
I'm gonna have to watch it again but IIRC, he didn't go down from a strike. He missed a spinning-elbow and fell. From there, Anderson capitalized. Don't think that knee and strikes were remarkable? Did you see Sonnen's nose?

FlaDankster

Veteran
Hey I love the UFC and was a boxing fan, and still am, for many years. I watched the fight on pay for view and only read the first couple of pages of this thread.

Probably was already mentioned but not sure if you remember that Sonnen got busted for roids after the last Silva fight. There is a ton of roid use in the UFC including blood doping, much like professional biking. I really thought that Sonnen looked quite a bit different physically than he did in his first fight against silva.
The reason i bring this up is because like many after seeing the first round I thought here we go again he has Silva's number.
By the way I really believe Silva is on his way out because the key to beating him is a young gun with a large gas tank and constant pressure. You cant hang out in front of Silva and expect to win-------pressure. Any good coach who saw both fights knows the methodology

Then the second round Sonnen goes down on what everyone I watched it with and sounds like this thread agrees was an unremarkable strike. My thoughts were that Sonnen's gas tank was empty, no roids, no blood doping and being in that weakened state the strike was enough to stop him.

Just throwing it out there wanted to see if any one saw what I did.

Good eye.And i feel you hit the nail on the head.

Some one already mentioned it about Silva droppin his set........from what i have seen of him when that happens it's over....he's in his bubble and no one has been able to bust it.So many don't like him because of these actions but i love it.He's not cocky....he's confident.

I'm rackin my brain......any one recall which one of the other fighters on that card fought Silva in a bare knuckle match for 27 minutes when he was 17?

M

Mtn Dew

Your opinion's fine until you imagine anybody cares.

Its the net lmao. like I care who cares lol . I hear they call u puddles cuz ur wang so small .that when u piss ,u piss on ur balls . eh if I want any more lip from u ill rattle my zipper.

JK man calm down and thanks for the REP im joking and fucking with u for giving me a hard time I mean nothing serious

Mr.Bo: Im sorry brother . This is more sarcasm and shit talk then any real hatred . Sorry if I came across as an ass. 14,000 post he prolly cant even feel his wang from the carpel tunnel he has lol. ok ill stop I promise

I love all here at ICM and last thing I wanna do is someone get pissed off for me joking and messing im very sarcastic person over look me and only take my cracks and jokes as that "jokes and cracks" I mean no harm

Hope u all can laugh and have a sense of humor . Everyone have a blessed day and keep it organic and green

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Jon Jones puts his BITCHASSNESS into words.

“It’s not that he won’t fight me or I won’t fight him. To be dead honest, it’s – we both have a lot to lose. And we both respect each other a lot and we are both striving for personal greatness. I don’t want to crap on his greatness; I don’t want him crapping on my greatness. You know, we are in completely different weight classes."

“We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is being a winner, being a champion. And having us fight each other someone’s championship is going to go away. I respect Anderson Silva so much; I don’t want to be the guy to beat him. I don’t want to lose to him either; it’s a lose-lose situation.”

“If we were in the same weight class, it would be inevitable but it’s like ‘Dude, I’m dominating my weight class, you’re dominating your weight class. Some things were just not meant to be seen’.”

This whole post seems cowardly and dirty, IMO. Instead of protecting sponsorship $$$, it should be about finding out who the GOAT is. They should be fighting to make this happen rather than avoiding it.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Jones could say, "I'll fight whoever Dana White brings" and avoid having to explain the politics of personal interest.

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Lost my respect for silva after the maia fight..where he ran around the cage like a coward..... though i have to say he's slowly but surely gaining my respect back recently.

Latest posts

Latest posts