• Chael Sonnen

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Under gracie rules ,no rounds ,no time limits ,no weight classes ,no breaks .that woulda been sonnen all the way .what gave silva the fight was the bell to end the first round . UFC is such a joke ever since it was sold and all these dumbass rules were added. like timelimits and rounds and dumbshit
Gracies need to respawn the old rules and a new style ufc .even if it will NEVER beheld in the usa "due to rules". I would hate to see anyone in ufc try to fight 4-5 fights in one night LMFAO .Royce Gracie a real warrior "4-5 fights in one night" fighting fighters 2-3x his weight

I disagree with this. Sonnen can hold Silva down, but given the ENTIRE round he never threatened beyond holding a dominant position, and Silva was able to briefly scramble out before Sonnen re-established position. Also, knowing the bell was coming, Silva wasn't pressured to get out, as we know he can roll with Sonnen for 25 min and come out looking untouched. Were the rules different and no rounds, I bet he would have gotten back to his feet somehow within a few minutes.

Given the rules you propose, I further suggest that Sonnen would have held Silva down for 15-20 minutes before Silva would have subbed him, just as he did in the first fight.

No information to suggest otherwise.

RidgeRebel

but if but if but if... shut up with that shit.. Silva's an intelligent fighter. more so than some people can even fathom.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Fail signed his own walking papers

he must wish for a rewind button so he could take that sound byte back

M

Mtn Dew

Damn...Dankster was lurkin the whole time.....I just got goosebumps.

all of u can kma JK lol like I said Royce faught with no saves from the bell , no weight classes , no padded gloves none of that .

None of these girls in the UFC would make it past one fight alone 4-5 in one night . saved by the bell and shit is for girls . like I said NOBODY IN UFC would survive it in one night. sometimes back to back.

time machine lmao fucking I been here since 95 with UFC when rorion and helio started the whole thing UFC of yesterday was a true test of two mens skills . no one standing no one up no rules other then no eye gouges, no cock shots . no fighting for 5 mins with 30-60 sec breaks between rounds , and mainly no fucking weight classes lmao

UFC is a joke like I said stupid ass rules is ajoke also like I said under gracie rules silva woulda lost . he was saved from the beating due to the rounds or when they were spilt up for the 2nd round glad u guys think this is real fighting cuz its a fucking joke to me

say me and any of u get into a fight do we sit and lay out rules and say ok after 5 mins were gunna stop and take 30-60 secs break then we will start to fight again hell no we don't

All I can say is go watch ufc 1-3 see real test of a warriors spirit those boys were the real deal. in their prime and would walk threw anyone of todayi would love to see Anderson silva fight lets say someone like a frank mir or dos santos back then Royce 180lbs faught 250lbs+ men

whats really sad is if ur a ground fighter u got 3-5mins to work for a submission they are tryn to push ground game out of it. should be til someone gives or is knocked out or says they are done not 3-5 mins limited time whats a decision lol u se chall beat the fuck out of silva first time then a triangle goes to show decision proves nothing . fights shouldn't be decided should be faught til the end

FlaDankster

Veteran
If if was a bottle of vodka....we'd all be good an fucked up.

If ya ain't got the skillz ta pay da billz.....

ya get beat up from da feet up....

Sonnen is a good fighter.....just not good enough.

I hope the fight at the BBQ hits youtube.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
all of u can kma JK lol like I said Royce faught with no saves from the bell , no weight classes , no padded gloves none of that .

None of these girls in the UFC would make it past one fight alone 4-5 in one night . saved by the bell and shit is for girls . like I said NOBODY IN UFC would survive it in one night. sometimes back to back.

time machine lmao fucking I been here since 95 with UFC when rorion and helio started the whole thing UFC of yesterday was a true test of two mens skills . no one standing no one up no rules other then no eye gouges, no cock shots . no fighting for 5 mins with 30-60 sec breaks between rounds , and mainly no fucking weight classes lmao

UFC is a joke like I said stupid ass rules is ajoke also like I said under gracie rules silva woulda lost . he was saved from the beating due to the rounds or when they were spilt up for the 2nd round glad u guys think this is real fighting cuz its a fucking joke to me

say me and any of u get into a fight do we sit and lay out rules and say ok after 5 mins were gunna stop and take 30-60 secs break then we will start to fight again hell no we don't

All I can say is go watch ufc 1-3 see real test of a warriors spirit those boys were the real deal. in their prime and would walk threw anyone of today

OK

just so ya know, Royce has tried to fight bums recently, and lost

:thank you:

:tiphat:

FlaDankster

Veteran
all of u can kma like I said Royce faught with no saves from the bell , no weight classes , no padded gloves none of that .

All I can say is go watch ufc 1-3 see real test of a warriors spirit those boys were the real deal. in their prime and would walk threw anyone of today

You really believe this crap???

Yes the rules changed......and so have the fighters.The skill set of what we have in the octagon today makes ufc 1..2..3..4.. look like kindergartners son.

You know nothing.

Billy Jack

Calling current UFC fighters girls as a form of insult? Maybe you should try to spar with Rowdy Rhonda. We could get a collection for your airfare, hospital bills though are your own responsibility.

RetroGrow

Veteran
As the sport has evolved, the fighters have gotten better.
Silva is easily the greatest of all time .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not sure that knee did not hit Sonnen in the jaw and the body at same time. Whatever, it did the trick enough to make him easy to finish. Someone said he hit his head on the fence when he spun around, did not see that.

I thought Ortiz tied with Griffin, but I had money on Ortiz so maybe biased? I score knockdowns and wobblers more than the judges that is for sure. Several good take downs as well, while Griffin hit him with shots that seemed to have no effect. Griffin walked out after fight, I think he knew he did not win it.