What's new

Two SIL Tents and a Humidome

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I had a fricken earworm since I found your thread.
I kept singing that song in my head but had to use your lyrics because I didn't know what the hell I was singing.

All I could come up with was
"I got two sumthin-sumthin's an a microphone"

"Turntable" finally came to me tonight.

Lol. That’s too funny bro. That’s pretty much exactly the effect I was looking for when I came up with the title lol. Sorry to do that you hahaha.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I've seen this thread title maybe 50 times and it just dawned on me. Two turn tables and a microphone.

Did you even see PCBuds post just before yours about this or did it just happen to hit you at same time?
Either way :)

Where it’s at?!
I got two SIL tents and a humidome
Where it’s at?!
I’m postin pics of weed plants right from my phone.
Where it’s at?!
I’m gonna pack a bong bowl and take it to the dome.
Where it’s at?!
I got to SIL Tents and a Humidome!

You’re welcome. Lol ;)

PCBuds

I remember about 5-6 years ago a neighbor cut a piece of his plant off and stuck it in my cooler.

It grew..

No nutes, rooting compound, humidor or anything.

I dunno ??

I think, .. as a test, .. take a single cutting and stuff it in some potting soil.

Nothing fancy.
I'm pretty sure we buried it deep, leaves and all for a node or two.

PCBuds

Did you even see PCBuds post just before yours about this or did it just happen to hit you at same time?

Where it’s at?!
Where it’s at?!
Where it’s at?!
Where it’s at?!

You’re welcome. Lol ;)

Awesome !!

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I think, .. as a test, .. take a single cutting and stuff it in some potting soil.

Nothing fancy.
I'm pretty sure we buried it deep, leaves and all for a node or two.

Problem with my potting soil it is almost 100% certain to be contaminated with fungus gnat eggs/larva.... maybe flyers. I’ve laced the tote of soil I have waiting to be used with mosquito bits but... I don’t have much faith in it since I’ve been watching the bastards live through large doses of it mixed in when planting and being watered with solution with bits soaked in it. I’m pretty sure I’ll finally have a method tuned in soon to have timely successful cuttings. I’ve been fixing and tweaking and refining for a minute and I’ll be taking a lot of extra cuttings soon and doing some side by sides with refined methods and I’ll post them here.

PCBuds

Problem with my potting soil it is almost 100% certain to be contaminated with fungus gnat eggs/larva.... maybe flyers.

What about a new bag of MG or Pro-Mix?

Have you got a place to put it where the flyers can't get it?

I’ve laced the tote of soil I have waiting to be used with mosquito bits but... I don’t have much faith in it since I’ve been watching the bastards live through large doses of it mixed in when planting and being watered with solution with bits soaked in it. I’m pretty sure I’ll finally have a method tuned in soon to have timely successful cuttings. I’ve been fixing and tweaking and refining for a minute and I’ll be taking a lot of extra cuttings soon and doing some side by sides with refined methods and I’ll post them here.

You might have to consider wiping your entire grow area and house clean?

Can you finish up and harvest everything together then throw everything out, sterilize, then start over?

It kinda sounds like you have an infestation.?

I remember when I was attacked by spider mites and did some research.

Apparently, you can sterilize your entire grow area then burn it down but the Borg persists!! Lol

One guy said that he tossed out everything, wiped down his entire grow area and house three times with bleach, waiting between scrubbings, then started over.

He said he would take a shower before entering the grow room and put on freshly washed clothing first before going in.

There's no damn way I'm gonna do all that just to grow weed. F-it. I'll go to the REZ and buy my weed. $100 an ounce.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?

Where it’s at?!
Where it’s at?!
Where it’s at?!
Where it’s at?!

You’re welcome. Lol ;)

:yoinks: I didn't see his post just the title in the New Posts area and it clicked with me. Must be something in the air tonight!

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Just thought I’d upload this nifty falling cola fix I just came up with. My GG colas started getting tired and decided to rest their frosty bodies horizontally on the screen. I found some of that thick mendable plant wire in my tool box and started playing around with it.
picture.php

Here’s great example for a close up. Very self explanatory, quick easy simple fix. Maybe 20 seconds for each one.
picture.php

Here’s my favorite GG cola/nug that I just can’t stop staring at.

picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I decided to go flouros with my clones, block the light from the nearby SIL’s and remove the paper towel I had on the dome to soften the light. They’re 14w 800lm each. 5000k.
picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Just thought I’d upload this nifty falling cola fix I just came up with. My GG colas started getting tired and decided to rest their frosty bodies horizontally on the screen. I found some of that thick mendable plant wire in my tool box and started playing around with it.
View Image

Here’s great example for a close up. Very self explanatory, quick easy simple fix. Maybe 20 seconds for each one.
View Image

Here’s my favorite GG cola/nug that I just can’t stop staring at.

View Image
I'm a fan of that coated thick wire. It's good shtuff.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Here’s a closer look at the veg room at the moment. Veg cycle cuttings are lookin a lil bit frownsy like maybe they want a transplant and a good hand made organic soil recipe like Verdant’s. At least that’s what I think they’re trying to tell me. I think the two seedlings closest to the camera that I just topped are starting tell me the same thing.

picture.php

Here’s the tops of those seedlings trying to root in cups of perlite.
picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loving this thread.
The white stuff is most likely harmless fungus but could also be salt buildup from evaporation on the outside of the fabric pots, hard to tell and I've had both.
German company Neudorff has a drip solution with BTI (but then again that's the same bacteria as in mosquito dunks) which has always helped me get rid of fungus gnats quickly. Not sure what it was called again and haven't had any in a long time...
Maybe because I'm on autopilot and never open the tent any more before harvest :biglaugh:

Legalcdn

Those tops look really good. I use a Infrared food temperature device to check bud heat. Buds should be close to room temp. If you find a bud hotter than others..check for bud rot.
You are going to run out of jars to store that bud. If you don't want to burp those buds..research frost free freezer curing. There is good info on icmag.

I say it again.. impressive grow with SILs. I am still training my Zamaldelica x Oldtimer's Haze.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Chevy - Thank you kindly :) I'm definintly goign to check out that BTI product you just mentioned because i feel like my mosq bits are either old or... its just not doing its dang job that's for sure. That pot fuzz has kinda died down. It definitely looked fuzzy at one point not so much like salt build up, unless maybe the "fuzz" was actually salt crystals that look fuzzy.
Are there organic nutrients that do that? I'm using all organic. Rock phosphate? sounds salty...

Legalcdn - Thanks for the kind words there bud. I really that food temp device trick. That sounds like a good addition to the tool box for sure. Once I get some more of that funny green paper we trade for goods and services I'll probably pick one up. I tried freezer curing once before. I loved the concept but it didn't work out very well for me. It didn't smell or seem right. Also I definitely don't have enough room in my freezer lol. Even if I use cookie sheets and threw out all my frozen food it'd still be a really tight fit. I've always wanted to set up some kind of auto curing with air pumps on timers and one way valves on the jar lids. chances are though I'll just have to buy another six pack or two of half gallon jars and burp them manually. I'd love to look at your haze :watchplant:.... do you have a thread? I don't know how to look at/for peeps threads if they don't have a link in their signature.:dunno:

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Any one got any guesses as to why the BG’s my room have this going with their leaves? Today is last day of week 6 flower. Leaves been fading hard and dying off since like wk 4. GG has a little bit of this going on but no where beat the same extent and Tangelo seems perfect.
picture.php

They’ve all got a dry nutrient “bank” in a ring shape and inch or two down from the top of soil in the shape of a ring that should theoretically be enough for the duration of flower. The bank is comprised of Down To Earth BioThrive, Leongbonite (sp?) and Fish Bine Meal, then I’ve watered them from the top a few times like 3 maybe with a strong solution of GO Bloom and with CaMG additive and some pure blend pro tea the microbe one.... never bother with PH it comes out the tap at 7-8. I know GO bloom brings it down like crazy. I water over the top with a little plain water every time I top off there bottoms. I think they all have coco,perlite and castings as medium a few of them might have a soilless organic blend with added perlite as medium.

Latest posts

Latest posts