What's new

Two SIL Tents and a Humidome

PCBuds

... That way if I need to bounce fast I can take one plant and still have everything.

I guess that makes sense with a mother plant.
It's kinda like a perpetual perennial.

It doesn't die if it's kept in veg.

Mr. J

Yup. They're annuals but we trick them into being perennial by keeping them in a perpetual springtime. Sort of I guess. I'm not a botanist.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
PCBuds is it to keep my plant count at 4 or less and still have as many strains as I want. This is pretty much why any one in the MJ world would do it otherwise yes cloning is easier and faster. Some people might want to do it for science sake but mostly it’s for done for plant count.

PCBuds

PCBuds is it to keep my plant count at 4 or less and still have as many strains as I want. This is pretty much why any one in the MJ world would do it otherwise yes cloning is easier and faster. Some people might want to do it for science sake but mostly it’s for done for plant count.

Okay, I think I get it now...

You could have one rooted mother plant to feed and support maybe even a dozen strains that you could take clippings/clones from (3 or less) and keep her in veg. perpetually.

That's fuckin Kool..!!

genetic freaked

Veteran
Great thread ScrogMaster! Don’t know how I missed it.

What’s the total height of the split cab? From the pics it looks like it’s about 5’ tall which gives you about 2.5’ of growing height for each level

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Great thread ScrogMaster! Don’t know how I missed it.

What’s the total height of the split cab? From the pics it looks like it’s about 5’ tall which gives you about 2.5’ of growing height for each level

Thank you! It’s about to real interesting I’m going to be doing some wacky experiments! Stay tuned! The tents are 70” tall btw, just shy of 6ft.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Okay, I think I get it now...

You could have one rooted mother plant to feed and support maybe even a dozen strains that you could take clippings/clones from (3 or less) and keep her in veg. perpetually.

That's fuckin Kool..!!

Yessir.... I’m gonna get a lil more weird then that though. I’m going to have two big ol host plants in the middle of each tent in its own about 16” by 4ft tall box. That middle box will be on an 18/6 veg cycle. I’ll have a bunch of sites in the sides of those boxes where I will pass branches through of the strain of the day, to flower on the sides outside of the box as the rest of the tent will be on 12/12 bloom. I’ll be building very soon and posting pics. :dance:

So essentially if it all works out as planned I’ll have one big plant in each tent that is mother/veg/bloom all in one and I can veg the next set of branches while the current ones flower out, and have maybe like 8 strains or better grafted onto each one. Btw I ordered one of those nifty grafting tools. Should be here Tuesday. Should be a fun toy to play around with. Comes with a roll of grafting tape.

Last edited:

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Well I think the Tangelo Scion is dead/dying. It actually looks more alive in the photo then it does in person.
picture.php

The GG#4 Scion I think might actually make it. It’s lookin much more lively. This one actually looks more alive in person then it does in the photo. I’m kinda thinking maybe I should have trimmed the edges of the leaves like a cutting... kind forgot I was to excited to make my first graft attempt.

picture.php

PCBuds

I'm just guessing (and maybe talking outta my ass) but, perhaps, the outer plant may talk to the inner plant and tell each other what time it is??

Perhaps keeping all the plants on the same light cycle until the grafts take would be prudent?

Last edited:

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I'm just guessing (and maybe talking outta my ass) but, perhaps, the outer plant may talk to the inner plant and tell each other what time it is??

Perhaps keeping all the plants on the same light cycle until the grafts take would be prudent?

Yeah those are basically the two ways maybe flowering branches of a veg plant won’t work out. Maybe the middle will just go into flower too or maybe the branches will stay vegging or back into veg at some point even if there are no light leaks. We’ll find out. But even if the middle does end up also flowering, any successful grafts I have will be fine cause I’ll just harvest on the early side and reveg the middle.

Fitzera

Yeah those are basically the two ways maybe flowering branches of a veg plant won’t work out. Maybe the middle will just go into flower too or maybe the branches will stay vegging or back into veg at some point even if there are no light leaks. We’ll find out. But even if the middle does end up also flowering, any successful grafts I have will be fine cause I’ll just harvest on the early side and reveg the middle.

Would this not equate to the stress of a light leak for a flowering plant? What part of the plant creates the hormones to tell it to flower and mature? Is it strictly in the flower sites? Leaves? Interesting idea you have here!

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Would this not equate to the stress of a light leak for a flowering plant? What part of the plant creates the hormones to tell it to flower and mature? Is it strictly in the flower sites? Leaves? Interesting idea you have here!

Good questions! I have no idea! :watchplant: I remember seeing something somewhere where some one was putting a big black garbage bag on a single branch of a plant to make its light schedule 12/12 and flower it... I forget why but it served a purpose. Any way... all this is based on that one hazy memory of mine and a burning curiosity to see what happens. If it doesn’t work out I’ll keep one large grafted up mult-strain mother plant and start a new air layering on her once/month with RW plugs and once there’s roots I’ll throw a cut 1/2 beer cup over it and might even upgrade after that to one gallon pots and let them fill those before I cut it off for one month of veg before it goes into flower. So with just 4 plants I could still harvest a full tent once/month and keep as many strains as I want. I’m tempted to go to that method straight away but first I have to do this weird experiment.

PCBuds

That's kool. :good:

I hope you have better luck than I did with my Frankenlights.
The pop can lights were just stupid, and my underwater light was gettin ready to blow!!

Lol 😆

Fitzera

Good questions! I have no idea! :watchplant: I remember seeing something somewhere where some one was putting a big black garbage bag on a single branch of a plant to make its light schedule 12/12 and flower it... I forget why but it served a purpose. Any way... all this is based on that one hazy memory of mine and a burning curiosity to see what happens. If it doesn’t work out I’ll keep one large grafted up mult-strain mother plant and start a new air layering on her once/month with RW plugs and once there’s roots I’ll throw a cut 1/2 beer cup over it and might even upgrade after that to one gallon pots and let them fill those before I cut it off for one month of veg before it goes into flower. So with just 4 plants I could still harvest a full tent once/month and keep as many strains as I want. I’m tempted to go to that method straight away but first I have to do this weird experiment.

I had always assumed that the hormones were like chemical messengers that spread throughout the plant. This will be very interesting to see. Best of luck, I'll be watching!

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Thanks for kind words fellas! Glad you’re enjoying the thread Cakeboy!

I think I might start a new one for the branch blooming experiment.

Hey you guys remember this first graft attempt with a GG Scion onto the Lemon Meringue host?

picture.php

picture.php

Here’s what it looked like for maybe the first 4-5 days.

picture.php

It started slowly standing back up and here’s what it looks like today after being out of it’s sandwich bag for about 12 hours!
picture.php

It’s hard to tell in the picture but there is definitely some new growth on it. It’s healed and is growing in just 10 days! Woo hoo!

I unscrewed the SIL’s that were directly over it for a day or so and the other branches of the host helped to soften the light by providing some shade. I think that helped. I’m going to keep the tape on for another week or so. I didn’t even put seran wrap on this one just aluminum tape with the tape backing stuck to middle of it like a little bandaid. I guess I wasted $15 on that grafting tool. I tried it out and I’ll post pics soon but I’m pretty sure my first try with a clean x-acto and using stem pieces that are smaller then what the tool would be useful for; is probably what works the best. The tool did not make grafting any easier or take less time btw. X-acto for the win.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
The plants in the tent right before the ol’ choppy chop chop.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I took the smallest BG out and started hacking before I remembered to take those final pics but here it is in the background of one of it’s severed branches.

picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Here’s a picture of the roots coming out bottom of the smallest BG. A lot of roots broke off into the perlite.
picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Biggest BG no screen.
picture.php

The BG with the screen.
picture.php

Tangelo.

picture.php

The more stretchy/ropey/purple GG#4

picture.php

The “better” GG#4... tighter fatter buds... lets purple but healthier denser fatter looking buds and smells more like my first cycle.

picture.php

These GG’s are cuttings of the same mom.... but they grew like different phenos. They may have had slightly different potting mix and nutrients but I’m not sure so I don’t really know why they grew so different... all 3 BG plant’s buds looked pretty much identical like you’d expect multiple cuts of the same plant to...
Meh.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
“Better GG”
picture.php

picture.php

More ropey/stretchy/purple GG

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The weird one is really pretty though and I’m sure will also be delicious. It may not be worse... just different. Could be fun.