What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
not taken the rv out yet but a shakeout overnighter is in the plans so we can test all the systems and flush everything out…

and we cancelled the senior lunch , both of us have felt yucky all day so decided to stay put at the homestead…

but yeah , sadly I do not see a garden in our plans this season , it will be weird cause we have had one for 15 consecutive years….dont know what I will do

we will have a big yard sale soon , I have a few hundred pots and grow stuff that we won’t take with us , and a 4 car garage full of stuff that we need to go through

sigh…..
It’s hard going thru all that stuff then you still don’t need half of what’s left. I was lucky the folks that bought our house found our excess useful and we were able to leave a lot there when we moved.

SubGirl

420club
not taken the rv out yet but a shakeout overnighter is in the plans so we can test all the systems and flush everything out…

and we cancelled the senior lunch , both of us have felt yucky all day so decided to stay put at the homestead…

but yeah , sadly I do not see a garden in our plans this season , it will be weird cause we have had one for 15 consecutive years….dont know what I will do

we will have a big yard sale soon , I have a few hundred pots and grow stuff that we won’t take with us , and a 4 car garage full of stuff that we need to go through

sigh…..
You could grow some travel shrooms in travel bin in that ride. My little bin made a gallon jar full already. This is the 5th flush. I just keep collecting them and drying them out.
IMG_9863.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why yes we did….its a sweet rv!….

the logistics of moving with 3 vehicles will be interesting

but yeah , I have postponed the sailboat cause it is difficult to review on online , so we decided since there are a ton of marinas in and around Port Angeles , it would be smarter to shop for the boat in person

so yeah , a little delay on the boat and besides that , I need to join the Yacht Club there and get some much needed training in order to get my captains license…

so yeah , we got a lot of schitt going on right now , did I mention that we need to pack and get the place ready to put on the market..

big changes coming for us this year , we need ya alls prayers to get er done!…

View attachment 18985959
You go brother! Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Been doing my admin bit - and posting some more of me 'Smugg'lin Stories' - from waaay back in '83-'84 - getting a bit saucy now - with my involvement and affair with Mai Ling - sure is wonderful when you can still mine your own memory - and come up with some really sweet ones - that you might well have forgotten 😀

oldfogey8

So my bride had a drink or two too many last night. Had a bit of a hangover so she drank a few glasses of water this morning. Costa Rican jungle hippy hotel tap water. She was a trooper most of today not wanting to ‘ruin’ the fun but I could see she felt badly. She ran out of steam at the sloth rescue sanctuary(not so sure about the claim ‘rescue’ but it was cool to see the animals close up). I pulled her out of that tour and got her back to the room to enjoy a night of vomit. Hiked to a convenience store to get some peptol bismol(probably 500 vertical yards in the mile there and back-literally seems uphill both ways). No pepto but got her some Gatorade and saltines. She wanted pepto so I try to get a cab to ‘la pharmacia’. Front desk says they will deliver for $20. Fk it, I am on vacation, $20 for something to help her feel better is a no brainer and I don’t have to ride in a cab over what are basically cart paths to ‘la pharmacia’. Get the pepto(for $20 which at home would cost me maybe $5), pour her a dose, she drinks the dose and vomits it up in less than 30 seconds. She asks how often she would need to take it. Directions say hourly until symptoms subside. She says she feels better and vomits 15 minutes later. $20 well spent in my view. She will soldier on as long as I don’t suggest another dose of Pepto-Bismol. Off to the airport at 6 am tomorrow to hopefully get back into the US. My chances would be better if I was not a citizen who votes ‘conservative’ but fingers crossed…😁😂😎

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

why yes we did….its a sweet rv!….

the logistics of moving with 3 vehicles will be interesting

but yeah , I have postponed the sailboat cause it is difficult to review on online , so we decided since there are a ton of marinas in and around Port Angeles , it would be smarter to shop for the boat in person

so yeah , a little delay on the boat and besides that , I need to join the Yacht Club there and get some much needed training in order to get my captains license…

so yeah , we got a lot of schitt going on right now , did I mention that we need to pack and get the place ready to put on the market..

big changes coming for us this year , we need ya alls prayers to get er done!…

View attachment 18985959
sweet rv is right! you guys are living in style!!
!!!!!! <-- extra ! points because that is a such sweet rv
/all heart eyes for you!
i love camping and getting out and seeing places

IMG_0797.JPG
and i thought i was living fancy with the camo net and air matress

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
So my bride had a drink or two too many last night. Had a bit of a hangover so she drank a few glasses of water this morning. Costa Rican jungle hippy hotel tap water. She was a trooper most of today not wanting to ‘ruin’ the fun but I could see she felt badly. She ran out of steam at the sloth rescue sanctuary(not so sure about the claim ‘rescue’ but it was cool to see the animals close up). I pulled her out of that tour and got her back to the room to enjoy a night of vomit. Hiked to a convenience store to get some peptol bismol(probably 500 vertical yards in the mile there and back-literally seems uphill both ways). No pepto but got her some Gatorade and saltines. She wanted pepto so I try to get a cab to ‘la pharmacia’. Front desk says they will deliver for $20. Fk it, I am on vacation, $20 for something to help her feel better is a no brainer and I don’t have to ride in a cab over what are basically cart paths to ‘la pharmacia’. Get the pepto(for $20 which at home would cost me maybe $5), pour her a dose, she drinks the dose and vomits it up in less than 30 seconds. She asks how often she would need to take it. Directions say hourly until symptoms subside. She says she feels better and vomits 15 minutes later. $20 well spent in my view. She will soldier on as long as I don’t suggest another dose of Pepto-Bismol. Off to the airport at 6 am tomorrow to hopefully get back into the US. My chances would be better if I was not a citizen who votes ‘conservative’ but fingers crossed…😁😂😎
Brutal!!
Good luck on the flight sounds like its gonna be a rough one.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sounds bloody awful mate - projectile vomiting 🤢 can be a real hassle - even at the best of times - in hindsight - yeah - the dodgy water probably got the pumps and sluices juiced up - and ready to puke -

I really do hope 🙏 that she comes around before you try and get on that plane - because one whiff of a projectile vomiter - and those airline people get the hee-bee-jee-bies -

woolybear

Veteran
I don't know how pepto bismol would cure food poisoning/water borne illness. I think this is an interesting generational thing; I know what pepto is, however I've never used it, nor bought it, nor would think of it as a product I need.

From their website: "Pepto-Bismol provides relief from nausea, diarrhea and upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, along with heartburn and indigestion."

Also induces vomiting. Also may be a case of reverting to what you know?

edit: it helps with diarrhea? I've had to take fiber supplements to help with that

edit: my parents used pepto on me as a child, so i remember the taste. served cold, such a wierd sensation/taste. also I'm pretty sure my parents were clueless

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
ere's a bit of something I wrote whilst 'Banged Up Abroad'....
Manila 29th August 2013...
>>
>>
>> Sitting amongst my Philippino captors, from the Bureau of Immigration, within that Hyundai Starex van, stuck in an early afternoon traffic jam, upon the hot and abused asphalt of Roxas Blvd, Manila, put my mind into an odd space.
>>
>> The guards around me had not spoken much at all, and when they had emitted something vocal, then it had mostly sounded to me like they were just agreeing with whatever the swarthy, shouty and demonstratively macho sounding 'boss-man', that inhabited the front passenger seat had blurted out in guteral Tagalog. I couldn't really even guess, as to what he was getting them all to agree to. So I just stared out of a window at the other static vehicles, and the poor beggars, outside in the broiling heat and filth, that tried to eek a living out of us who sat within these metal air-conditioned boxes on wheels, and waited, and waited to be able to move again, away towards our destinations, where-ever they might be?
>>
>> The manic kamikaze driver squirmed around in his seat in front of me, obviously stifled by his lack of motion, I could see the scowl on his face, and his blatantly nervous disposition, magnifying, the longer we sat there, jammed in by a wild assortment of motorized sardine cans, none of which you would be likely to survive in any crash over 30mph.
>>
>> The 'boss-man' scowled too, initially towards the disheveled, pregnant woman who held the naked boys hand, as she begged amongst the stalled traffic, knocking on windows with her free hand, then if she managed to achieve eye contact with a driver or passenger, who sat behind tempered glass, in cool air, then she would extend the free hand towards that person momentarily, then bring it to her mouth, as if to pretend to feed, on invisible food.
>>
>> Several hawkers selling small plastic bottles of cold water, cheap flannel sweat towels, wearing 3 or 4 badly made leather Stetson cowboy hats, or 4 or 5 counterfeit NFL baseball hats, busily scurried thru the static traffic, trying to make the most of their captive, potential consumers, before it all started to move again.
>>
>> Gypsy Nirvana was in an odd time-space-head-space. He was so bewildered by his current situation, not knowing exactly why he had been so politely taken from outside his home, away from his family, the night before. The suspense of it all was crippling him. And now the traffic jam was delaying not only all of the travelers around him. It was delaying Gypsy from discovering why he had been detained and brought to this place, under armed guard.
* more of it here

Last edited:

Magu🌈

ere's a bit of something I wrote whilst 'Banged Up Abroad'....
Manila 29th August 2013...
>>
>>
>> Sitting amongst my Philippino captors, from the Bureau of Immigration, within that Hyundai Starex van, stuck in an early afternoon traffic jam, upon the hot and abused asphalt of Roxas Blvd, Manila, put my mind into an odd space.
>>
>> The guards around me had not spoken much at all, and when they had emitted something vocal, then it had mostly sounded to me like they were just agreeing with whatever the swarthy, shouty and demonstratively macho sounding 'boss-man', that inhabited the front passenger seat had blurted out in guteral Tagalog. I couldn't really even guess, as to what he was getting them all to agree to. So I just stared out of a window at the other static vehicles, and the poor beggars, outside in the broiling heat and filth, that tried to eek a living out of us who sat within these metal air-conditioned boxes on wheels, and waited, and waited to be able to move again, away towards our destinations, where-ever they might be?
>>
>> The manic kamikaze driver squirmed around in his seat in front of me, obviously stifled by his lack of motion, I could see the scowl on his face, and his blatantly nervous disposition, magnifying, the longer we sat there, jammed in by a wild assortment of motorized sardine cans, none of which you would be likely to survive in any crash over 30mph.
>>
>> The 'boss-man' scowled too, initially towards the disheveled, pregnant woman who held the naked boys hand, as she begged amongst the stalled traffic, knocking on windows with her free hand, then if she managed to achieve eye contact with a driver or passenger, who sat behind tempered glass, in cool air, then she would extend the free hand towards that person momentarily, then bring it to her mouth, as if to pretend to feed, on invisible food.
>>
>> Several hawkers selling small plastic bottles of cold water, cheap flannel sweat towels, wearing 3 or 4 badly made leather Stetson cowboy hats, or 4 or 5 counterfeit NFL baseball hats, busily scurried thru the static traffic, trying to make the most of their captive, potential consumers, before it all started to move again.
>>
>> Gypsy Nirvana was in an odd time-space-head-space. He was so bewildered by his current situation, not knowing exactly why he had been so politely taken from outside his home, away from his family, the night before. The suspense of it all was crippling him. And now the traffic jam was delaying not only all of the travelers around him. It was delaying Gypsy from discovering why he had been detained and brought to this place, under guard.
* more of it here
Sounds good Gypsy. I would say your book is coming along very well. Several years ago I had toyed with the idea of writing about my life and adventures as a “Pot farmer”. However, I soon realized that it would amount to a “full confession “and probably send me to prison for many decades. Needless to say, I quickly forgot that idea. 😂 I guess obscurity is not a bad way to live. At least I am free to live it. 🌈

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sounds good Gypsy. I would say your book is coming along very well. Several years ago I had toyed with the idea of writing about my life and adventures as a “Pot farmer”. However, I soon realized that it would amount to a “full confession “and probably send me to prison for many decades. Needless to say, I quickly forgot that idea. 😂 I guess obscurity is not a bad way to live. At least I am free to live it. 🌈
These events that I write about are at least a decade ago - the Smugg'lin Stories - are 40 years or so ago - and I might need to change a name or two - but that's all really - many people mentioned have passed on I reckon anyway - and it feels real good 👍 to be able to remember the scenes the places and the events - in my wild and crazy life -

* now here is some of the best of - 'Dr Feelgood!' - gotta luv ❤️ that Wilko's buzz-saw guitar🎸
- RIP Wilko Johnson -

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Found something I wrote on a 'busted' thread a while back - about a grow that I was involved with just outside Amsterdam in 2003 -

21 years ago - me and an American lady friend set up a seed grow in her large 3 storied (including the loft) rented house out in Mydrecht in Holland - she had already been growing in the big double garage NYC Diesel from Soma for the coffee shops for a while - and had been working on breeding Nevilles Haze (directly from Neville ) with Super Silver Haze - for quite some time - and we decided to 'blow up' her home grow space to include every room in the house (and there were many) - other than the kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom - making many crosses of top bred popular varieties at the time - 20 plus 600 watt son-t-agro grow lights were a blaze in that big house every night - and all of the 200+ plants were being organically grown in good soil that I had schleped there from a grow shop in Amsterdam along with all the nutes and other stuff needed - and it was hard work - getting the whole house firing on all cylinders - as it was -

I had a shop called 'Seedboutique' close to Dam square in Amsterdam back then - and 3 other shops - a grow shop (Hydroponic Systems) - a seed shop (The Seed Gallery) - and a tattoo/piercing/head shop called 'Gypsy Nirvana' 400 miles away in suburban London, England - which I would commute to every week usually leaving around 8am on a Monday morning - to catch the channel tunnel train - under the English Channel - driving my beloved old 'S type R' Jaguar - and returning to Holland usually on the following Friday afternoon - week in and week out for many months - my American lady friend carefully looking after the grow in my absence -

One cold winters Monday morning - I decided to leave earlier for the Channel Tunnel train than usual - leaving at 4am instead of the usual 8am departure time from Mydrecht - it was an exciting time for us because all of the previous 3 weeks we had been harvesting our first bumper seed crop from the house - room by room - and it was looking like all the effort and expense invested in this large house grow - was going to finally pay off - but alas - it did not -

After driving back to London - I received an urgent and hysterical call from my lady friend telling me that she had been busted by the Dutch coppers - and they had parked a big dumpster outside the house and cleaned the place out of all the plants/pots/nutes and systems - and all but a very few of the seeds left scattered on the floor - they had arrived at 8am at the exact time that usually I would have been leaving for London - and trashed the place - while they ripped everything and anything grow related out of the house - surprisingly after just a couple of hours in custody - the coppers had let her go home - but to a home with no electricity - and all her personal stuff was strewn everywhere - my heart just bled for her as she cried and cried - and we wondered how the cops had managed to find out - and after much deliberation in thought - and due dilligence we discovered that it had been an employee manager of mine in the UK - who had informed on me - since he had taken up with my ex lady partner in life - and in business - and they were both trying to get me behind the wrong sort of bars - so that they could take over the whole business together -

Ya - I got snitched/grassed on - and how we knew was in one of the shops in London's phone records - and the fact that the manager had visited me while at the grow - when I thought I could trust him - and knew where the key was hidden for the garage many months before - (and the cops went straight to that location to get the key when they arrived ) - since he was supposedly my right hand man as a manager - and stupidly I thought that he would be the last person to make that call -

Luckily enough - the Dutch coppers never did pull me in - and the American lady was never charged - and soon left with me to live in the UK - but that huge loss - still bothers me to this day -

To the thread starter - keep your chin up - and Grow On! - never let the bastards get you down -

Unca Walt

420club

Bus Driver​

In the good ol' U.S. of A., buses will have a sign saying "Don't speak to the driver."
In Germany, the sign reads: "It is strictly forbidden for passengers to speak to the driver."
In England: "You are graciously requested to refrain from speaking to the driver."
In Scotland: "What have you got to gain by speaking to the driver?"
And in Italy: "Don't answer the driver."
You just triggered a memory. I took a cab from Greenock to Glasgow... We are going down the road, and I notice the driver reach down to a half-full bottle of whiskey laying between the front seats, and take a good swig.

He seemed to drive all right. When in Rome... the Romans do Roman stuff, I guess.

But by the time we'd gone the 25 miles or so, that fargin bottle had very little left innit.

And he drove the whole way on the wrong side of the road. So did everybody else.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You just triggered a memory. I took a cab from Greenock to Glasgow... We are going down the road, and I notice the driver reach down to a half-full bottle of whiskey laying between the front seats, and take a good swig.

He seemed to drive all right. When in Rome... the Romans do Roman stuff, I guess.

But by the time we'd gone the 25 miles or so, that fargin bottle had very little left innit.

And he drove the whole way on the wrong side of the road. So did everybody else.
Yeah Unca Walt - them Scott's are mad bastids - one of me best mates is a Glasweigian - and it took me about 2 years to even begin to understand what he was saying - good bloke though - stood by me stalwart and solid - when the shit hit the fan - and even when I was banged up - not knowing how long I was to be detained - he was there in support - making sure my family - kids - wife - could eat and pay the bills - and didn't fall by the wayside for 30 months -

- So the Scott's might be ' Mad Bastid's' - but the good 🤪 sorta Mad Bastid's - if ya catch my drift -

*BTW - his name is @oldpink

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts