What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got robbed :(

madalasatori

Veteran
I went back to the spot with my sister to start the process of dismantling.. she had no idea I growed, no one does but I needed some support so told her what happened

Felt good to be doing something even if it was tearing everything down

Cheers dimodz much appreciate. Definitely not an inside job as no one else was involved.. just opportunists who happened to be in the right place at exactly the wrong time

madalasatori

Veteran
Yea.. zip on a tent failed and a cable stopped the door to the room from closing fully .. which caused a light leak for maybe 10 mins before I realised... someone must have walked past and seen the a glow of HPS from a small window. Door was smashed in the following week, place hacked up with machetes lucky I was not in

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Three times. Once a fire destroyed it all. Second time partner absconded with everything, harvest, seeds, mother's, equip, the fucker even repainted the place before he left.

Third time last year a family member made off with a harvest and a big portion of my seeds.

I just start more seeds and get going again. Guess they needed it more than me. Neither knew how to grow and we're learning.

From now on though no more anyone besides me involved.

Sorry you had to go through that, hope you wind up with better genetics and a sweet new spot!
Is that why you kinda dropped out Lester? Damn, that’s rough it was kin. Thanksgiving and Christmas must be interesting.

Zippers on Gorilla tent right side door rips every time. I bought another wrap and sent them some stuff on stronger seams, so maybe they learn how to sew.

Lately I have been getting worried about the hammer falling. It is making me think about a run of tomatoes and veggies instead. I wonder how they would do in that soil?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have some sativa beans. You wanna try some 8 week OHSK that I hit with some OHLP? I need to try those myself. 8 week sativa? Where did that come from?

If I was gonna buy seeds I would get some of the Platinum genetics Mr Flower has run.

Ole Lester was there encouraging and pushing me to get on with my first run, not too long ago. I would be glad to help with your seed stash, but my stuff is mostly sativa.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
20 years ago - me and an American lady friend set up a seed grow in her large 3 storied (including the loft) rented house out in Mydrecht in Holland - she had already been growing in the big double garage NYC Diesel from Soma for the coffee shops for a while - and had been working on breeding Nevilles Haze (directly from Neville ) with Super Silver Haze - for quite some time - and we decided to 'blow up' her home grow space to include every room in the house (and there were many) - other than the kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom - making many crosses of top bred popular varieties at the time - 20 plus 600 watt son-t-agro grow lights were a blaze in that big house every night - and all of the 200+ plants were being organically grown in good soil that I had schleped there from a grow shop in Amsterdam along with all the nutes and other stuff needed - and it was hard work - getting the whole house firing on all cylinders - as it was -

I had a shop called 'Seedboutique' close to Dam square in Amsterdam back then - and 3 other shops - a grow shop (Hydroponic Systems) - a seed shop (The Seed Gallery) - and a tattoo/piercing/head shop called 'Gypsy Nirvana' 400 miles away in suburban London, England - which I would commute to every week usually leaving around 8am on a Monday morning - to catch the channel tunnel train - under the English Channel - driving my beloved old 'S type R' Jaguar - and returning to Holland usually on the following Friday afternoon - week in and week out for many months - my American lady friend carefully looking after the grow in my absence -

One cold winters Monday morning - I decided to leave earlier for the Channel Tunnel train than usual - leaving at 4am instead of the usual 8am departure time from Mydrecht - it was an exciting time for us because all of the previous 3 weeks we had been harvesting our first bumper seed crop from the house - room by room - and it was looking like all the effort and expense invested in this large house grow - was going to finally pay off - but alas - it did not -

After driving back to London - I received an urgent and hysterical call from my lady friend telling me that she had been busted by the Dutch coppers - and they had parked a big dumpster outside the house and cleaned the place out of all the plants/pots/nutes and systems - and all but a very few of the seeds left scattered on the floor - they had arrived at 8am at the exact time that usually I would have been leaving for London - and trashed the place - while they ripped everything and anything grow related out of the house - surprisingly after just a couple of hours in custody - the coppers had let her go home - but to a home with no electricity - and all her personal stuff was strewn everywhere - my heart just bled for her as she cried and cried - and we wondered how the cops had managed to find out - and after much deliberation in thought - and due dilligence we discovered that it had been an employee manager of mine in the UK - who had informed on me - since he had taken up with my ex lady partner in life - and in business - and they were both trying to get me behind the wrong sort of bars - so that they could take over the whole business together -

Ya - I got snitched/grassed on - and how we knew was in one of the shops in London's phone records - and the fact that the manager had visited me while at the grow - when I thought I could trust him - and knew where the key was hidden for the garage many months before - (and the cops went straight to that location to get the key when they arrived ) - since he was supposedly my right hand man as a manager - and stupidly I thought that he would be the last person to make that call -

Luckily enough - the Dutch coppers never did pull me in - and the American lady was never charged - and soon left with me to live in the UK - but that huge loss - still bothers me to this day -

To the thread starter - keep your chin up - and Grow On! - never let the bastards get you down -

Last edited: