What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Magu🌈

since we are down from 27 birds to only two hens and a Roo , we have a home for them when we hit the road…

but yeah , I was gonna rent a small trailer and take them with us!..

good morning all you Cool Cats!….aint this a great place to hangout!?….of all the websites and forums , this is my No. 1 Spot…

there was a Forum a long time ago , FreeCannabis which was run by a woman in England who went by the nic of Sunshine….that is where I got my feet wet on pot forums , about 20 years ago..

I met LORAN , RockymtnBuds , Mr Mojo and a few other old timers and now here we are

Looking off our front porch this morning

View attachment 18986205
Im not exactly sure but I think sunshine got popped by the law. 😢

SubGirl

420club
Good Morning folks.
The only book I was thinking of writing was to be a technical one on how to acquire free electric for grows.
IMG_2632.gif

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Unca Walt - them Scott's are mad bastids - one of me best mates is a Glasweigian - and it took me about 2 years to even begin to understand what he was saying - good bloke though - stood by me stalwart and solid - when the shit hit the fan - and even when I was banged up - not knowing how long I was to be detained - he was there in support - making sure my family - kids - wife - could eat and pay the bills - and didn't fall by the wayside for 30 months -

- So the Scott's might be ' Mad Bastid's' - but the good 🤪 sorta Mad Bastid's - if ya catch my drift -

*BTW - his name is @oldpink
I remember @oldpink spreading the story and leading the charge here to raise funds for your legal expenses and release. I stumbled across that link while looking for other information in the archives, but it no longer works.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is excellent writing, Gypsy. A quickly-painted panorama of the grim, gritty life of Manila -- and with something deeply scary overshadowing all the rest.

I am just now finishing editing a novel for a distant cousin. As I read the above vignette, I realized you should have an editor.

A good story needs a certain kind of light-touch editing. As a f'rinstinks, you have a homonym with "eek a living" <-- S/B "eke".

Paragraphs are good. They are mental breaths to a reader. Lookit this word-for-word "edit" of the original draft above for ease of reading:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gypsy Nirvana was in an odd time-space-head-space; he was so bewildered by his current situation of not knowing exactly why he had been so politely taken from outside his home, away from his familyx the night before.

The suspense of it all was crippling him. And now the traffic jam was delaying not only all of the travelers around him, it was delaying Gypsy from discovering why he had been detained and brought to this placex under armed guard.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not have much I can do to give back to this community for the life-changing largess they have shown towards me.

I can offer to edit your story gratis if you'd like.
Yes - I do tend to write as I talk - without the correct punctuation - due to me being a writing minimalist - (well that's as good as a reason as any) - so maybe it might look better with all the comas and what-not? -

If you can get into the VIP Lounge - there is the start of my Smugg'lin Stories book - written in a similar style - that could use grammaring up properly I suppose -

Proof reading and a touch of editing - can be a good thing - I'm always going back to pieces I've written - and seeing the odd mistake and/or correction - that needs sorting -

I think that one of the key elements in good writing - is to be able to paint the written picture indelibly - without having to go too elaborate with the wordage -

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Yes - I do tend to write as I talk - without the correct punctuation - due to me being a writing minimalist - (well that's as good as a reason as any) - so maybe it might look better with all the comas and what-not? -

If you can get into the VIP Lounge - there is the start of my Smugg'lin Stories book - written in a similar style - that could use grammaring up properly I suppose -

Proof reading and a touch of editing - can be a good thing - I'm always going back to pieces I've written - and seeing the odd mistake and/or correction - that needs sorting -

you have some very interesting stories to tell Amigo and having Unca around for a few pointers , well that is a good thing for sure

my life has been pretty boring but you and Unca and a few others on here , ya all could make one hella movie!….

may I suggest that you try and acquire and read these three books by Unca?…you won’t be disappointed…🤩🤩🤩

IMG_8677.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
you have some very interesting stories to tell Amigo and having Unca around for a few pointers , well that is a good thing for sure

my life has been pretty boring but you and Unca and a few others on here , ya all could make one hella movie!….

may I suggest that you try and acquire and read these three books by Unca?…you won’t be disappointed…🤩🤩🤩

View attachment 18986239
Interesting - I didn't know that Unca was an author already - I've only written a few pieces for magazines and online before - but have had everyone and his aunty pushing me - goading me towards putting together a proper book - for some years now - it's about time - and so I have resigned myself to writing just about every day for the past month - and have managed to knock out quite a few pages so far -

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

View attachment 18986239
Lots of interesting people here. We are not just a bunch of stoners....

I am trying to remember words to a song that nobody wrote......

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is excellent writing, Gypsy. A quickly-painted panorama of the grim, gritty life of Manila -- and with something deeply scary overshadowing all the rest.

I am just now finishing editing a novel for a distant cousin. As I read the above vignette, I realized you should have an editor.

A good story needs a certain kind of light-touch editing. As a f'rinstinks, you have a homonym with "eek a living" <-- S/B "eke".

Paragraphs are good. They are mental breaths to a reader. Lookit this word-for-word "edit" of the original draft above for ease of reading:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gypsy Nirvana was in an odd time-space-head-space; he was so bewildered by his current situation of not knowing exactly why he had been so politely taken from outside his home, away from his familyx the night before.

The suspense of it all was crippling him. And now the traffic jam was delaying not only all of the travelers around him, it was delaying Gypsy from discovering why he had been detained and brought to this placex under armed guard.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not have much I can do to give back to this community for the life-changing largess they have shown towards me.

I can offer to edit your story gratis if you'd like.
@Unca Walt

You should be able to see this thread now Unca Walt - if you have the time - and the inclination - there's plenty there to edit - and brush and polish up a bit perhaps - lol 😆

Latest posts

Latest posts