What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Nannymouse

I remember toothbrushes before plastic. Ours were wooden handle, with pig bristles for the brush part.

Also, attended one room school, grades k-8, no running water, people took turns bringing water for the big crock. Kids rotated janitor chores (everyone tried to trade chores when they got the 'clean the outhouse' chore.) Hot lunch was cans on the oil burner. Kids would laugh their heads off when beans would fall from the ceiling, from when someone tried to warm a can that wasn't cracked open.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
never trust a fart

let us all have some coffee and ponder…..

IMG_7182.jpeg

hamstring

Veteran
I remember toothbrushes before plastic. Ours were wooden handle, with pig bristles for the brush part.

Also, attended one room school, grades k-8, no running water, people took turns bringing water for the big crock. Kids rotated janitor chores (everyone tried to trade chores when they got the 'clean the outhouse' chore.) Hot lunch was cans on the oil burner. Kids would laugh their heads off when beans would fall from the ceiling, from when someone tried to warm a can that wasn't cracked open.

Wow Nanny! thats either very old or very remote.

Even my mom and dad at 85yrs old did not go to a one room school house. They did however go to a outhouse :poop:. My dad never graduated 8th grade and was on his own by the age of 12. Very different time than now living in your parents house until you are 30 and bitching because rent is so high :LOL::LOL:.

Try living in a train car.

My wife is Mexican and on the Mexican side of town there was no city plumbing either. She grew up with 13 siblings and a outhouse. Some of her siblings actually grew up in a boxcar. They were brought into the US to work at a steel mill and all of the Mexicans lived in boxcars at first. It was know as Sliver City. I cant imagine the heat in the summer and cold in the winter. How cold is it in your moms basement:LOL:.

I have nothing but respect and awe for people of this generation.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

Even my mom and dad at 85yrs old did not go to a one room school house. They did however go to a outhouse :poop:. My dad never graduated 8th grade and was on his own by the age of 12. Very different time than now living in your parents house until you are 30 and bitching because rent is so high :LOL::LOL:.

My wife is Mexican and on the Mexican side of town there was no city plumbing either. She grew up with 13 siblings and a outhouse. Some of her siblings actually grew up in a boxcar. They were brought into the US to work at a steel mill and all of the Mexicans lived in boxcars at first. It was know as Sliver City. I cant imagine the heat in the summer and cold in the winter. How cold is it in your moms basement:LOL:.

I feel sorry for myself!

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

hear hear!

excellent post

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
we grew up with no plumbing and an outhouse

my dad would back the tractor up to the back porch and use a special belt to hook up the old washing machine

5 of us boys slept in one room with a coal stove and a bucket in the winter cause it was to dam cold in Utah in the winter to walk out to the outhouse

i was 6 years old when we moved to California and finally had indoor plumbing

IMG_1886.jpeg

IMG_3840.jpeg