What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Landrace Team

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Sad scary times when the very few landrace banks available are starting to shutter. Angus has got to be getting up there too. My tragedy is that i only prefer south american sativas and Ace is about the only place that has them. I guess i'll have to go to the bank and take out a loan and prepare for the wrath of the angry wife 😁
we have few breeders here than have really good rare sativas ... Snowhigh , Coastal Seeds , Golden Coast , Tom Hill ect...

Verdant Whisperer

Best Landrace Sources: Pure landraces not reproductions
East Africa Genes: Africa
Zomia Collective: S/E Asia
Indian Landrace Exchange:
Landrace Mafia

Best Landraces for Indoor Grows:
Ace Seeds

I have tried TLT and they ripped me off before i was not educated on what cannabis seeds should cost. now I ussualy get 50+ seeds for around 150$ depending on the variety. instead of paying 210$ for 20 seeds and being hastled for an extra 5 Euros to cover something over paypal after purchase. yeah TLT made me send that extra 5 euros before they would send my seeds because of a paypal tax or something. so the other companies i ordered from gave me alot more seeds that are not reproductions, and all of my vietnams hermied the 4 that the neighbors dog didn't get 18/20 germinated. I see others have sucess with TLT, but there honestly no good and don't derserve buisness. its better support people who love the plants and are trying to honestly preserve them and make a buck, not an unethical person who doesn't put honest descriptions on his plants... look at dudes kenya landrace, he put it has a veg period of 16 weeks* kenya has a 5 month growing window and most plants veg less than 8 weeks before flowering. alot of the strains he buys from unknown vendorss such as his orissa gold, he stole the description from the site on https://mtseedbank.in/product/malkangiri-landrace-seeds/ where he purchased the seeds at a exponentially lower price then he sells them. Same with alot of his african landraces from kenya, he purchased from east africa genes. all the euro transactions where to landrace team, i sent him 190 first and he compained so i sent him another 10 then he told me he wouldnt sent my package unless i convered the other 5.69 that paypal had taken out. he did not apologize and was not friendly after i complained about being held randsom over 5 euros and ending up having to pay or not have my 20 vietnams sent.
1698276721389.png

Last edited:

StickyBandit

I feel the least they can do is list the prices and offer discounts on larger orders. $200 for 10 seeds is just silly
I concur, I bought 10 seeds of the Corinto with vision of helping preserve it but got no males. 20 seeds would be more realistic for the same money and as it is I was offered a 5% discount on the next mugging which I can't afford so I'll have to make cross :cry:

RobFromTX

I concur, I bought 10 seeds of the Corinto with vision of helping preserve it but got no males. 20 seeds would be more realistic for the same money and as it is I was offered a 5% discount on the next mugging which I can't afford so I'll have to make cross :cry:

Damn man 10 regular seeds and no males. Thats nuts. How did the females grow?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got one Ugandan Mamba from TLT to grow out of two packs but could not reverse it to make viable seeds. I ordered from east africa genes recently and got among others, a Ugandan that by aroma and high description is the same as from TLT. Waiting on the seeds now to arrive.

East africa sold two lines to TLT if I remember right. 10 seeds at high prices is not the way to go for me.

Verdant Whisperer

I got one Ugandan Mamba from TLT to grow out of two packs but could not reverse it to make viable seeds. I ordered from east africa genes recently and got among others, a Ugandan that by aroma and high description is the same as from TLT. Waiting on the seeds now to arrive.

East africa sold two lines to TLT if I remember right. 10 seeds at high prices is not the way to go for me.
The birere from east africa genes is the same plant based off description of uganda mamba from tlrt, i asked mike before and he said out of all the east african genes that one is the most unique, i think it has some north african or middle eastern heritage possibly, while most of the other east african strains where brought from india during the railroad construction in the 1700's. they share alot of charicteristics with indian sativas but have acclimated to east africas climate and shorter growing season. That is awesome I recently Ordered some Kwale Sativas.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Thanks for that info. I was able to smoke a few fan leaves from the 'Mamba' and got a real nice high. Will look forward to smoking buds soon I hope.

I got the Ugandan, Malawi, Ethiopian and Congo from east africa. He said the Congo was most likely to trip me out.

15 seeds is a bare minimum for landrace seeds and having to fight for replacements of dud seeds is not ok. Have to say, look elsewhere if at all possible. Good genetics at TLT but other than that they operate rather poorly imo.

Verdant Whisperer

Check this out, the landrace team stole landrace mafias photos of araku mango, and put it in the description of their orissa, Kandhamal, they really are total POS, no morals what so ever.

Verdant Whisperer

Are the landrace mafia legit? Is there a source for grow reports? Ive never even heard of them until now 🤷‍♂️
Yes, Landrace Mafia and Trident Seeds are the same, there absolutely legit, there are multiple threads on ic mag of their grows, he actually hand picks alot of the genetics he carries and visits the farm. check out his instagram he has alot of good info about indian farming practices and strains.

Original source on a bulk order i recieved seeds for around 3$ a seed, generally its 5$ a seed in a 15 pack. for the same strain from the landrace team that may be a reproduction cost 120$ with shipping for 10 seeds, 12$ a seed that is 4x the price i payed for a bulk order of 50 seeds Plus they added 15 free from trident. alot better than my last order from the landrace team getting 20 seeds for over 200$ and not getting any freebies. or extras. there trash.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Yes, Landrace Mafia and Trident Seeds are the same, there absolutely legit, there are multiple threads on ic mag of their grows, he actually hand picks alot of the genetics he carries and visits the farm. check out his instagram he has alot of good info about indian farming practices and strains.

Original source on a bulk order i recieved seeds for around 3$ a seed, generally its 5$ a seed in a 15 pack. for the same strain from the landrace team that may be a reproduction cost 120$ with shipping for 10 seeds, 12$ a seed that is 4x the price i payed for a bulk order of 50 seeds Plus they added 15 free from trident. alot better than my last order from the landrace team getting 20 seeds for over 200$ and not getting any freebies. or extras. there trash.

Can you send a link to some threads? All im seeing is limited mentioning. I see they have an instagram, which i don't, and some flashy grow pics, which doesn't say a whole lot. A thorough grow report would be nice

RobFromTX

See thats just a grow thread for indian landraces. Who knows where they're sourced from. I mean the only mention of trident seeds is a strain link that you posted at the end and another member talking about how much they enjoyed it. If you run across anymore info please let me know. The proof is in a solid grow journal, not some pretty pictures from god knows where

I typed trident seeds in the icmag search bar. Just a few bud shots

Last edited:

Verdant Whisperer

See thats just a grow thread for indian landraces. Who knows where they're sourced from. I mean the only mention of trident seeds is a strain link that you posted at the end and another member talking about how much they enjoyed it. If you run across anymore info please let me know. The proof is in a solid grow thread, not some fancy pictures from god knows where

I typed trident in the icmag. Just a few bud shots
I am confident, all 5 of the strains he grew out are all exclusive to trident seeds he even used the same name for his koraput purple. the strains are Phoolwani,Araku Valley, Sheelavathi, Koruput Purple and Shillong. all 5 of those are sold by the landrace mafia. its possible from another source, but very unlikely. ill ask on the thread and see if any of his pics are on their instagram. found some pics on his instagram from this grow. its the same house in background and same exzact burlap fabric pots. as pics in the thread. I personally love all the strains out of Odisha based on description and looks, will be growing out araku valley and his malkangiri,odisha next harvest season, probably starting them in Early July so I can Finish them in Early January hopefully. this will be my first time growing a long flowering sativa in my climate outdoors, should be good im located at 10 degrees north. Excited to grow and smoke some Indian Sativas. i like how they cure there buds, itll be fun to try to cure some buds in the traditional manner and see how it compares with our moderning curing method.

Last edited: