What's new

The Landrace Team

Grover Sativa

Veteran
what was their Vietnam Dalat Strain that they only announced and then vanished before Relase?
I got this reply by e-mail:

"funny because few days ago we were thinking of reproducing and releaing the Vietnamee Dalat. We already did it actually but the plants turned hermies
and lacking of vigour so we didn't continue. We have another batch. If you are willing to give it a go let us know and we'll send it over to you.

Somebody asked/enquired about the Vietnam Dalat ? We don't release things that are not legit, this must be the only reason why it wasn't released.
But as said we have another batch to fall back on and if you wantcan germinate the seeds, you're more than welcome. This is a legendary line!

Before forgetting, the source for the Black Magic will send the replacement seeds before the end of the month. So he said ;)

Cheers!"

I hope that helps... I might germinate the seeds, if I can.
See More from [email protected]

crunkyeah

Veteran
I have to put in my two cents here. Where I live... there will never be NLD specimens or any landraces for that matter; I'm too far north. As someone who can only read about the effects from these magical sativas the only avenue for me to try them is to grow them myself. Not ideal, but I make do with what I can.

TLT's seed prices are stupid... stupid expensive. The Jamaica Longtime line that Grover Sativa is responsible for reproducing they sell for 20 euro PER SEED. They recently released the Jamaican Blue Mountain which is also 20 euro PER SEED. RSC sells a Lambsbread x Blue Mountain F4 for £32.49 for 11 seeds. You could buy 5 packs of the RSC hybrid for the cost of a single pack of TLT beans.

As an observer and collector I don't have any opinions on the ethics of TLT. This is the cannabis seed industry; it's not always clean or easy. Here's some facts from my personal experiences:

I have ordered from TLT:
x10 JAMAICA LONGTIME
x10 MYANMAR - CHIN STATE
x10 SUMATRAN BANDA ACEH
x20 LAGKITAN
x20 DOUBLE SCORPION

So far I've been able to grow out the Lagkitan and right now I have the Aceh going. Wonderful plants. To me, every plant I've sprouted from a TLT seed has shown potential. For what it's worth I fully believe in the integrity of the plants they offer. Ethics on the company itself... gray area...

TLT responds to every single one of my emails promptly. I suppose when you spend $1500 with a seed company maybe you become a preferred customer. Who knows...

I do have to say after doing some investigating and talking to other customers I can confirm some of their offerings were stolen (no credit given) and they're charging a lot of money for seeds they got for free. I have talked with someone who has shown me proof that they stole his hybrid and labeled it as a 'creation' never citing or mentioning the actual source. He never got any recognition and certainly none of the profits from his creation.

They consistently steal photos from the internet from people who have purchased their gear and posted the pictures online. Several of the photos on their Instagram page for the Lagkitan were taken by me. They never asked me if they could post them, and honestly I don't care. I have since refrained from sending them any photos.

One of the reasons I've purchased several cultivars from them is because of the legal landscape of the source country... some of them have death penalties and for me it was cheaper to spend a few hundred $ than risk my life going to said countries. For example all the Philippine strains. Of course they do have to protect their source in these matters so I understand where some of the discretion comes from.

My thoughts on the company are as follows: if you want to source something badly enough to not care about how it was sourced... TLT is a good place to source genetics from. If money is a concern or ethics are important to you, search elsewhere. Some of the stuff they have can't be found anywhere else. Food for thought.

P.S. - I had to include this bit about sativa seed prices in general. In the US here I see prices for clones and hype strains ALL the time. These long flower sativas... nobody in the US wants to grow them. If people do, they're hobby growers who are like me and want to try it out. These seed companies are charging prices for long flower sativas which surpass modern hybrids. They all want to charge 'big American prices' to the rest of the world who can't afford our dumb prices. It's silly to me that modern hybrids have changed the scene so much that a plant which only offers yields of 450g outdoors sativa buds is twice or three times as expensive as a modern hybrid which will yield 1200g+ outdoors AND finish 8 weeks sooner...

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
well i've grown' sone of the TLT stuff...
all where legit....
bought first in 2018 ... when they startet...
got Llanera(col.Black) and Thai Hill ... also Punto Rojo... 60€ each
have made crosses with the OHz with them...
Llanera is for example a great strain for breeding... PR was little to wild... and 20 weeks...
i'll bought seeds in 2020 again and recently the Malawi, Drankensberg and Congo Black (120€ each)
i've heard about there ethics and also about the PR story...
but to me it's the only source to get best pure landraces for breeding pleasure...
those are unique and the high is different ...
and because the high is most important for me...
i'll go with those...
so far all where top quality viable ... sure you have to select and grow out one or 2 packs...
but than you'l find something really special...
prizes are high ... but to acquire and repro those cost also money...
long time flowering is different to 55 day modern hybrid...
but YES -> Seed busyness and Ethics -> NO in general...
sure there are also a bunch who care ... but there not famous ;-)
if money is involved ... people loosing there vision... get greedy ... the other get jealous...
and tension and hate starts to emerge ... happend in the Netherlands in the 90' all time...
and that virus spread than around the world... me me me ...
and how many really survived...
also there is no original mother or father ... all F10+
like modern strains... they look and smell superb'
but if you smoke it without seeing it... it's crap 90% is crap...
30 min high duration with sleepy comedown ..?
i'll smoke because of the high and not because it sounds good looks good and smells good and it's fancy to have... what a bullshit ... and than using full chemical fertiliser on rockwool or other non natural medium...
nope
there is a big big difference in high and taste/smell if you grow organic in soil ...
but it's little more effort to do so...
anyhow... there stuff is legit and i'm happy with the outcome...

if you look for true Afghan strains.... than search for "Afghan Selection"
they have the real deal... different to RSC and other... true indica wonders ...
also bought alot from RSC since start ... all legit too and most of them good stuff... Malana & Kuamoni ...

growing and breeding with landrace cost tripple money than working with modern hybrids...
people need also to understand and respect those fact's ...
M.:smoker:

Rastafarout

Premium user
I get what you saying but You missed the whole - switching descriptions and photos of strain
And the whole thing about landrace genetics is provenance ..
but each to their own I suppose

Also need high numbers when doing theses kind of searches, packs should be no smaller then 100 seeds minimum and affordable..
I mean if you really love the genetics and you’re doing it for the plant
You want it grown as much possible so someone finds that one of a kind bomb!

Expensive low seed counts aren’t going to do that , so in the long run it’s not helping at all.

Triple the work You also get triple the high can’t complain

Last edited:

Grover Sativa

Veteran
I have to put in my two cents here. Where I live... there will never be NLD specimens or any landraces for that matter; I'm too far north. As someone who can only read about the effects from these magical sativas the only avenue for me to try them is to grow them myself. Not ideal, but I make do with what I can.

TLT's seed prices are stupid... stupid expensive. The Jamaica Longtime line that Grover Sativa is responsible for reproducing they sell for 20 euro PER SEED. They recently released the Jamaican Blue Mountain which is also 20 euro PER SEED. RSC sells a Lambsbread x Blue Mountain F4 for £32.49 for 11 seeds. You could buy 5 packs of the RSC hybrid for the cost of a single pack of TLT beans.

As an observer and collector I don't have any opinions on the ethics of TLT. This is the cannabis seed industry; it's not always clean or easy. Here's some facts from my personal experiences:

I have ordered from TLT:
x10 JAMAICA LONGTIME
x10 MYANMAR - CHIN STATE
x10 SUMATRAN BANDA ACEH
x20 LAGKITAN
x20 DOUBLE SCORPION

So far I've been able to grow out the Lagkitan and right now I have the Aceh going. Wonderful plants. To me, every plant I've sprouted from a TLT seed has shown potential. For what it's worth I fully believe in the integrity of the plants they offer. Ethics on the company itself... gray area...

TLT responds to every single one of my emails promptly. I suppose when you spend $1500 with a seed company maybe you become a preferred customer. Who knows...

I do have to say after doing some investigating and talking to other customers I can confirm some of their offerings were stolen (no credit given) and they're charging a lot of money for seeds they got for free. I have talked with someone who has shown me proof that they stole his hybrid and labeled it as a 'creation' never citing or mentioning the actual source. He never got any recognition and certainly none of the profits from his creation.

They consistently steal photos from the internet from people who have purchased their gear and posted the pictures online. Several of the photos on their Instagram page for the Lagkitan were taken by me. They never asked me if they could post them, and honestly I don't care. I have since refrained from sending them any photos.

One of the reasons I've purchased several cultivars from them is because of the legal landscape of the source country... some of them have death penalties and for me it was cheaper to spend a few hundred $ than risk my life going to said countries. For example all the Philippine strains. Of course they do have to protect their source in these matters so I understand where some of the discretion comes from.

My thoughts on the company are as follows: if you want to source something badly enough to not care about how it was sourced... TLT is a good place to source genetics from. If money is a concern or ethics are important to you, search elsewhere. Some of the stuff they have can't be found anywhere else. Food for thought.

P.S. - I had to include this bit about sativa seed prices in general. In the US here I see prices for clones and hype strains ALL the time. These long flower sativas... nobody in the US wants to grow them. If people do, they're hobby growers who are like me and want to try it out. These seed companies are charging prices for long flower sativas which surpass modern hybrids. They all want to charge 'big American prices' to the rest of the world who can't afford our dumb prices. It's silly to me that modern hybrids have changed the scene so much that a plant which only offers yields of 450g outdoors sativa buds is twice or three times as expensive as a modern hybrid which will yield 1200g+ outdoors AND finish 8 weeks sooner...
Hi Crunkyeah - I am not responsible (at all) for any sales at TLT and I get a fee per seed sold (it's not huge) and I can't say how much they charge the customers.. I'm sorry that you aren't happy about the costs.. it's hard to comment on the integrity of pricing - landraces can be a little harder to produce seeds from - sometimes they can take much longer to get into flower and take up a lot more space (but not always..) and all that growing for no bud at the end... there's an opportunity cost. If I was in this for anything but the love of my plants I'd just grow dutch/US style weed and sell it (like in the old days) but I just love my Jamaican, etc

Anyway, I've asked the guys to confirm the price of the Jamaican L.T. and also I've asked them to give them at 2 for 1 price.. (I've loaded them with seeds to make up for it)

I can only comment on the genetics that I have provided to them and they are what it says on the label..

But if you want Landrace style weed then these seeds are the ones you want to try - regardless of pricing..

this (below) is a comment from a grower of the Jamaican, for example (it is on the TLT website - I just copied it from there..) : (-how much would you spend on "one of the finest sativas I've ever grown"?)

Comment from a grower

Large firm wheat head sativa type flowers with a beautiful coat of crystal trichomes. Slightly sweet and earthy aroma with a hint of lemon zest. The smoke is thick and tasty, with the same flavor as the aroma, sweet earthy with a light lemon note and a hashish finish. The effects of the Jamaican will take you back to the good old days of pot smoking. It’s a fast head buzz that’s nothing less than blissful euphoria. I sat in my chair with a smile on my face reminiscing about the pot of the 70’s and how much this reminds me of that. After a while a creeper body buzz wrap round me with a warm fuzzy feeling, I was content.
🙂
This is one of the finest sativa I’ve ever grown, highly recommended for advanced growers. Being an old grower I enjoy growing these pure Landrace strains. I find that I don’t need as much THC as I used to. 32% THC is a little too much for me anymore. 20-25% works just fine for me. Besides some of these new strains have a genetic lineage that is as long as my arm, High School Sweetheart Breath x Strawberry Milkshake, REALLY! I think the flavor and buzz get lost in the mix.

Grover Sativa

Veteran
OK - I got this reply - "

yes we raised the prices. If that's too much we can lower them again. This is a rare strain. Not some cookies gelato which, by the way are sold at ridiculously outrageous prices!
If you buy or see the catalogue if, say, snowhigh he charges way more than our prices !!!
We're giving 2 for 1 this is because we asked you if you could let people know about this offer in the hope they would swarm in. It's a fair price 2 for 1 at 20 Euros a seed

but it's not my business, it's their's - so it's not or me to ask them to lower their prices... but the Jamaican is mine and so I've asked them to give 2.5 seeds for 1 instead - 25 seeds for the price of 10.. I hope this goes at least some way to help with the cost of living and any bad feelings, etc.. or at least show our intentions are not dark..

but remember that it's all in the seed - 20 euros (and a lot of work..) for ounces of that {special} Jamaican sativa? it's a bargain!

RobFromTX

OK - I got this reply - "

but it's not my business, it's their's - so it's not or me to ask them to lower their prices... but the Jamaican is mine and so I've asked them to give 2.5 seeds for 1 instead - 25 seeds for the price of 10.. I hope this goes at least some way to help with the cost of living and any bad feelings, etc.. or at least show our intentions are not dark..

but remember that it's all in the seed - 20 euros (and a lot of work..) for ounces of that {special} Jamaican sativa? it's a bargain!

You wouldnt happen to know when the Corinto will be back in stock?

crunkyeah

Veteran
Hi Crunkyeah - I am not responsible (at all) for any sales at TLT and I get a fee per seed sold (it's not huge) and I can't say how much they charge the customers.. I'm sorry that you aren't happy about the costs.. it's hard to comment on the integrity of pricing - landraces can be a little harder to produce seeds from - sometimes they can take much longer to get into flower and take up a lot more space (but not always..) and all that growing for no bud at the end... there's an opportunity cost. If I was in this for anything but the love of my plants I'd just grow dutch/US style weed and sell it (like in the old days) but I just love my Jamaican, etc

Anyway, I've asked the guys to confirm the price of the Jamaican L.T. and also I've asked them to give them at 2 for 1 price.. (I've loaded them with seeds to make up for it)
That is mighty generous of you! Most excellent!!

I wouldn't say that it's TLT's fault entirely when it comes to costs. However, I think they should be a bit more realistic in their offerings. For example seed packs shouldn't be in 5 and 10 seeds it should be 25 and 50. If variance is high what are you going to find with 5 seeds? If the cultivar is wild and your natural herms are 15% or more giving only 5 seeds seems like a joke, especially when you put such a premium behind your work. I understand costs so I know how it is sometimes. I'm 'ok' with seed prices as long as I get what I pay for. Sometimes the balance scales feels a little tipped on their side that's all I'm saying. I don't really like the idea of having to 'save up' or 'budget' to be able to get a small pack of seeds. A person spends way more on the environment of the plant than the seeds themselves anyways, unless they're growing on someone else's land without consent.

For what it's worth, I grew out a single Jamaican and it's some of my favorite smoke even though it's around 18% sometimes I prefer it over my potent strains. Also, I bred another strain into it and it yielded a massive amount of seeds... more than I could ever grow in my lifetime. If these plants are so productive why do packs have to contain so few seeds? I understand the opposing mentality of 20 euro for access to genetics, possible kilos/pounds of smoke, and some of the best vibes around... sure 20 euro isn't much to ask.

The thing is, if I really want to hunt through a line for some really good specimen to breed with I will spend lots more in my time, energy, and resources than the 1000 euro I might spend for the seeds. If there was ANY cheaper option I would have went with it. The good thing about monopolies is *everyone* buys from them.

Grover Sativa, I admire your actions by sending TLT more seeds to include many more seeds per pack. Very selfless thing to do. I hope the people seize this opportunity and get them. Is there any chance you have tried to select a line for the in/famous 'grilled lamb and bread' phenos? If not, would you say it would be reasonable to find one in a 25-pack? Regardless of your answers, your actions are commendable and I think we should applaud you for being honorable in your words and deed. Thank you!

crunkyeah

Veteran
@RobFromTX - One way I've found around that is to look at their strainly listings. That's always given me accurate prices for their gear without having to ask.

I'll agree, a little effort to keep the store front looking 'clean' would go a long way. I would like to see them post harvest dates as well. A little transparency goes a long ways.

Rastafarout

Premium user
Plus if you got over a ”100” strains , I can understand if you only 5 strains and you trying to make a bit of a living

But over 100 strains and high prices and low seed count just greedy !

When you getting them sent in and paying the farmers peanuts , and have no collection/ travel overheads really to worry about .. it’s not for the plant !

RobFromTX

@RobFromTX - One way I've found around that is to look at their strainly listings. That's always given me accurate prices for their gear without having to ask.

I'll agree, a little effort to keep the store front looking 'clean' would go a long way. I would like to see them post harvest dates as well. A little transparency goes a long ways.
Wow man i had never even heard of that site. Those are some pricey beans for sure :oops:

What strains of theirs have you grown? id sure love to see more grow journals

Reactions: Rgd

Tranquilidade

On the other hand, I appreciate that someone compiled a decent amount of landrace genetics in one place. Some lines would never reach a broad audience because of classic hoarding, laziness, or greed. I grew their Pak 75, Kandahar, Lebanese, and Mazar. All were legit.

Pakistan 75 (TLT) x Kali China (Ace)

kcxpak.jpg

Rgd

Veteran
eproducing and releaing the Vietnamee Dalat.
99% will do that..dee wee gave me 10 from the 1% one that didn’t..

I light depped it..

one plant was some of the best sunny happy strong weed I have ever had

that said..almost all are either hermi or hay

I have no more of those 10 seeds ..life was too illegal back then to keep that cut

I may have some the original from origin seeds he sent ..[99% hermi ?]

but I did make hybrids way back then..to the chemo clone for one

I have photo somewhere of a one kg plant I did doing indoor krusty buckets

IMG_5916.jpeg

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
Source of black magic seeds ? That's Very Sketchy .....I'm glad they didn't want my Mexican collection when I offered them

Hell yea join the cheap ass club! Shout out to Colorado sativas! Love you man!
25 $ for one pack another free each 21 seeds 10 for shipping 8 to ship your green backs and you get your stuff in 10 days round trip I just wish I pulled the trigger sooner when more strains were available
42 seeds for 43 $ total that's my kind of seed seller

Last edited: