What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Landrace Team

need4weed

Veteran
Ok folks, I'm not really up to speed with the TLT but they look like they hold some old fire. I've heard they are unethical and to look elsewhere. I'm interested in hearing people's experiences, the good, bad and ugly. But also the final evaluation of finished grows

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Ok folks, I'm not really up to speed with the TLT but they look like they hold some old fire. I've heard they are unethical and to look elsewhere. I'm interested in hearing people's experiences, the good, bad and ugly. But also the final evaluation of finished grows
Whats TLT

Lebanizer

Don't feed the beast !

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They asked me for free Panama Red seeds back a few years ago. I said go to Snowhigh and buy them like I did. Not good.

The results from my grows have been been good. Most of what I hear from others on their finished product is good. They have so many strains you are rolling the dice. Not all of them are going to be great or even good.

I am done buying from them but will not tell others to do the same. RSC has about the best reputation on ethics and quality of seeds, along with replacing their seeds if they fail to germinate.

thugpoet

The consensus seems to be that the plants are legit and good.

On the other hand, there are numerous recounts from forum members of them tricking people into giving them rare heirloom seeds under misleading pretenses. Then turning around and charging 100-150 per pack for the seeds after putting no real time and effort into the projects.
They are basically a greedy broker with good connections in the niche market of heirloom varieties.
I would recommend checking the link posted by @Lebanizer above.

If you can get the heirloom anywhere else it is probably recommended to do so, as you'll likely be getting a much lower price and giving money to someone who at the very least put the work in with potentially better quality.

But on the other hand, they have a lot of stuff that is not available commercially, so if you really want those genetics and don't have connections, there is no real alternative to get them. So at that point, it does make sense to put in an order I would say.

Most people in the seed business are crooks anyway so it's not like the competition tends to be much more ethical (except rare few exceptions of course).

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

Prs2xs

I ordered and grew out the Uganda strain, about 1 or 2 years ago. The plants looked alike to the ones in the pics of them growing in a field - xmas tree shape with narrow leaf. So I didn't doubt that I received legit seeds, however communication with them when buying the seeds made me feel like I was not dealing with a trustworthy vendor - seemed a bit shady.

Grover Sativa

Hi N4W - don't listen to old internet stories - the guys are not unethical. Everybody makes decisions that may or may not work out how you think they will (God knows I've done that loads of times..) but their Landraces are collected by themselves, mostly- they go on seed collecting trips all of the time. Whenever I make a reproduction for them they only ever ask me to keep in as many phenotypes to keep the line as open as possible (and sometimes I listen!) and they're definitely not in it for the money (although breaking even is always an aim..)
Anyway, for better or worse, they're lines are what they say that they are. There are some 'Creations' and interesting hybrids on the site but it's mainly about preserving as many old lines as possible and keeping as many of the phenotypes, too.. their collection is a treasure trove for breeders and selectors.. they have dozens of different lines collected just in Thailand, for example - and tons of really interesting African strains but also so many others, too - hash plants and Eastern European Autoflowers... they're are always knockers on the net who love to cuss (even when their evidence is just second-hand or here-say) but even if you don't like the guys at TLT it is not a scam - they collect lines from around the World and their breeders reproduce them /keep them fresh/etc... They've never asked me to do anything unethical. Their decisions are not always the same ones that I would make but they listen when I say 'no' - (but who is perfect? I've posted loads of really stupid stuff on the internet over the years - especially when less than sober..)
If you are thinking of trying a line or two and have any questions about any of their lines then ask me and I'll try to answer honestly (about origin/backstory/etc..)

Grover Sativa

I ordered and grew out the Uganda strain, about 1 or 2 years ago. The plants looked alike to the ones in the pics of them growing in a field - xmas tree shape with narrow leaf. So I didn't doubt that I received legit seeds, however communication with them when buying the seeds made me feel like I was not dealing with a trustworthy vendor - seemed a bit shady.
I don't know why you would say that (or even think it..) when you were happy with the seeds you received... comments like that hurt innocent people's businesses .. you are welcome to make them, of course - but why would you? - but the guys aren't English and so perhaps that didn't help? It's not a slick "money-making" operation like you might find at say, ACE but that's because they are not in it to make fortunes.. but because they love Landrace cannabis...
A lot of people on the internet are happy to criticise businesses on a whim and it hurts those businesses unfairly. If you have a genuine complaint then make it but if not then don't put other people off doing business with people who are honest and work hard...

If you want genuine and interesting Landrace seeds then they are the best at what they do - we keep the lines as open as possible, so that you can choose and select and so that the lines are preserved in as best a form as possible and we try to keep the seeds fresh (which is hard as there are so many of them..) There are very few (or even none) 1:1 pairings which can bottleneck the genetics, etc... and most of the lines were collected personally and the farmers who send the ongoing new seeds every now and again were met personally and in situ... (on their farms/gardens)

Rastafarout

Premium user
Hi N4W - don't listen to old internet stories - the guys are not unethical. Everybody makes decisions that may or may not work out how you think they will (God knows I've done that loads of times..) but their Landraces are collected by themselves, mostly- they go on seed collecting trips all of the time. Whenever I make a reproduction for them they only ever ask me to keep in as many phenotypes to keep the line as open as possible (and sometimes I listen!) and they're definitely not in it for the money (although breaking even is always an aim..)
Anyway, for better or worse, they're lines are what they say that they are. There are some 'Creations' and interesting hybrids on the site but it's mainly about preserving as many old lines as possible and keeping as many of the phenotypes, too.. their collection is a treasure trove for breeders and selectors.. they have dozens of different lines collected just in Thailand, for example - and tons of really interesting African strains but also so many others, too - hash plants and Eastern European Autoflowers... they're are always knockers on the net who love to cuss (even when their evidence is just second-hand or here-say) but even if you don't like the guys at TLT it is not a scam - they collect lines from around the World and their breeders reproduce them /keep them fresh/etc... They've never asked me to do anything unethical. Their decisions are not always the same ones that I would make but they listen when I say 'no' - (but who is perfect? I've posted loads of really stupid stuff on the internet over the years - especially when less than sober..)
If you are thinking of trying a line or two and have any questions about any of their lines then ask me and I'll try to answer honestly (about origin/backstory/etc..)
No they are not collected by them , probably more then 90% sourced ..
and then they change the descriptions and or photos …. Happened to me so I know what I’m talking about ,
persistent internet stories and whispers are usually true ..imo
Also they don’t give a feck! I contact them they don’t reply
But when they trying to source seeds the are very prompt!

romanoweed

im the last one that "falls" for Anekdotes saying "its all copied its all copied", i always think myselve.
But i have to say Folks convinced me that TLT seeds " resells" others Stuff without naming. I cant tell why..

But per example their Philipine Kalinga, it reminds me so much of a Kalinga that some spanish guys had . i have no proove/no real evidence , so its just a feeling i have.

I specualte the Dalat i think is just the commonly cursating Da We Dalat.
As the Dalat was announced, and then a group of Reproducers started to scream around that their Reproduction cant be used further, and in same timefram the announced Dalat vanished before gotten relased.

Anyway, you know im not into Anekdotal stuff.. So, i aanyway dont care, but just wanted to say,

Last edited:

romanoweed

im pretty convinced that they source own Lines themeslves too / mostly.
I mean they have like 100 Lines on offer.. so. Atleast 50 Lines are theirs, i mean how many could they even copy from Relaseed/Indianlandraceechange..?

Lebanizer

[...]

If you want genuine and interesting Landrace seeds then they are the best at what they do - we keep the lines as open as possible, so that you can choose and select and so that the lines are preserved in as best a form as possible and we try to keep the seeds fresh (which is hard as there are so many of them..) There are very few (or even none) 1:1 pairings which can bottleneck the genetics, etc... and most of the lines were collected personally and the farmers who send the ongoing new seeds every now and again were met personally and in situ... (on their farms/gardens)
Sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts