What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Landrace Team

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Best Landrace Sources: Pure landraces not reproductions
East Africa Genes: Africa
Zomia Collective: S/E Asia
Indian Landrace Exchange:
Landrace Mafia

Best Landraces for Indoor Grows:
Ace Seeds

I have tried TLT and they ripped me off before i was not educated on what cannabis seeds should cost. now I ussualy get 50+ seeds for around 150$ depending on the variety. instead of paying 210$ for 20 seeds and being hastled for an extra 5 Euros to cover something over paypal after purchase. yeah TLT made me send that extra 5 euros before they would send my seeds because of a paypal tax or something. so the other companies i ordered from gave me alot more seeds that are not reproductions, and all of my vietnams hermied the 4 that the neighbors dog didn't get 18/20 germinated. I see others have sucess with TLT, but there honestly no good and don't derserve buisness. its better support people who love the plants and are trying to honestly preserve them and make a buck, not an unethical person who doesn't put honest descriptions on his plants... look at dudes kenya landrace, he put it has a veg period of 16 weeks* kenya has a 5 month growing window and most plants veg less than 8 weeks before flowering. alot of the strains he buys from unknown vendorss such as his orissa gold, he stole the description from the site on https://mtseedbank.in/product/malkangiri-landrace-seeds/ where he purchased the seeds at a exponentially lower price then he sells them. Same with alot of his african landraces from kenya, he purchased from east africa genes. all the euro transactions where to landrace team, i sent him 190 first and he compained so i sent him another 10 then he told me he wouldnt sent my package unless i convered the other 5.69 that paypal had taken out. he did not apologize and was not friendly after i complained about being held randsom over 5 euros and ending up having to pay or not have my 20 vietnams sent.
View attachment 18910374
many thx for sharing all the info's !
alway great to have alternative sources..
really appreciated :)
M.:smoker:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, on this TLT stuff, he is the Walmart of landrace seeds. No way has he smoked much, if any, of all the strains/phenos he has. Someone said he does not smoke at all, hehe. After he makes the seeds they go out, no time for testing.

He has made good money and people that would otherwise have trouble finding certain strains got them. That is the good. The rest not so much as Borat would say.

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
He's obviously found a niche market and also has the ability to get people to handover their heirloom strains. To be fair, I've only ever purchased the Pakistan 75 and kalamata red strains from them. They're frozen for now and I don't have a burning desire to take them off ice. Whilst they have a huge catalogue of landrace, the only one I'm kind of interested in, is the mulanje gold and vietnamese black. There are better proven landrace to be had elsewhere

Verdant Whisperer

another shady company that i found that steals strains, and hides the sources is north coast with alot of companies landraces, such as zomia collective a recent example i found was them listing nomad seeds malawi, and in the picture source they put, euseedfinder, they didn't specify it the from nomad seeds site and description. these companies take short cuts and try to profit off the hard work of others, while i understand its buisness when you practice in this manner, eventually it will be brought to the light. and people will know your buisness is shady and greedy and wants instant profit without putting in the work to collect or put time into the strains like the nomad's 6th generation malawi he worked ect.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-28 204544.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-28 204544.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 36

Bona Fortuna

another shady company that i found that steals strains, and hides the sources is north coast with alot of companies landraces, such as zomia collective a recent example i found was them listing nomad seeds malawi, and in the picture source they put, euseedfinder, they didn't specify it the from nomad seeds site and description.
Thats interesting, North Coast advertises here on ICmag…

Verdant Whisperer

Thats interesting, North Coast advertises here on ICmag…
for me it doesn't represent ICmags majority members beliefs to advertise for these type of unethical business practices. personally speaking. this should maintain a wholesome place with trusted patrons like mars hyrdro and ace , as well as some other good ones. but north coast is nothing like them. they put passion and time into their products, not just rebranding and raising prices while hiding details of sources.

Verdant Whisperer

Exactly, and took photo (maybe not only photo) of WOS Colombian gold and put it on their website as their own. What reputable seedbank does that?
I know, we are on the same page brother, im not a fan of them selling others genetics either. and copying pics. i was referring to the passion and time ect to the other seedbanks. NorthCoast is garbage for stealing. i can see how there was confusion because of how i wrote the above comment it was confusing. i should have said northcoast is nothing like the other companies that put time....... instead of how i worded it. i was referring to northcoast as the one who rebrands and raises prices, not the other companies that put time and effort into their strains.

Last edited:

mikeysfoatl

I ordered and grew out the Uganda strain, about 1 or 2 years ago. The plants looked alike to the ones in the pics of them growing in a field - xmas tree shape with narrow leaf. So I didn't doubt that I received legit seeds, however communication with them when buying the seeds made me feel like I was not dealing with a trustworthy vendor - seemed a bit shady.
How did your Ugandan Black Momba turn out? Is the high as described by TLT?

mikeysfoatl

I got one Ugandan Mamba from TLT to grow out of two packs but could not reverse it to make viable seeds. I ordered from east africa genes recently and got among others, a Ugandan that by aroma and high description is the same as from TLT. Waiting on the seeds now to arrive.

East africa sold two lines to TLT if I remember right. 10 seeds at high prices is not the way to go for me.
Glad to know. I'll be checking out East Africa Genetics for their Ugandan Mamba.

iTarzan

You people must have missed all the high priced auctions that you to happen on these sites. I won and lost many auctions of $500 or more. Hell once I won a $1200 auction. I made lots of money over the years growing out those seeds, finding clones and slinging weed nobody in my town could believe was available. I am switching to growing NLD sativa now. I will find the right clones and sling that weed for the next 10 years. The medical stores are never going to be selling 18-26 week strains. Many smokers not around in the 60s or 70s don't even know how wonderful a true sativa high is.
The search has started. On 1/15/24 MLK Day, I soaked 4 TLT Corinto and 4 JLW. I have 4 JLW seedlings and 2 Corinto seedlings so far and the other seeds cracked but are not above ground yet.
The Landrace Team kept me informed and I had my seeds in boondocks USA in 2 weeks.
ACE seeds all preformed well and more will be started for the spring. GT is excellent.
The boondocks is getting slammed with heady sativa weed soon enough. I hope they can handle the buzz and munchies.

Verdant Whisperer

Edited: I understand you had good experiences with them, but they steal genetics, hide sources, and have shady practices compared to most seed sellers, i had a bad expereience with them, and they have shady practices, if you want to curse me out good for you, i would have not went out of my way to rant on them if the service and treatment of me was acceptable, but it wasn't they really dissappointed me, especially there shady practices stealing other websties pics and info. The companies that took care of me, i try and put a good word out. believe me, if i honestly didn't think the landrace team crossed the line then i would have kept my mouth shut, but im trying to save other growers from paying absurd prices and avoiding the same experience that i had with them.
There is an unwritten code of ethics you do not sell first generation repro others genetics they are still selling, if you work a line for many generations and its your line or cross it great, like what the guy is doing at https://energenetics-old-world-farm.com/ he carries some of TLT lines but he only sells crosse's hes made and list his sources.
If the original source is still selling that genetic, and you have not worked the line for 4+ Generations i would say you are not allowed to sell that genetic, morally speaking. the landrace team gets genetics and reproduces them not in their native environment, then tries to sell them for more than the original source.
It just doesn't align with my ethics. I try and be honest, and not decieve others. I never claimed to be an expert. and if anyone ask me something i will tell them the truth. I only share photos with my close friends on IC for safety reasons.
One example that aggrivates me especially since i really like the gentleman from kenya, is they stole listed his strains for their kenya landrace, and did not state that they got the genetics from him. where someone at the time could have bought 15 seeds for 50$ from the source the landrace team was selling 10 repros for around or over 100$ each.
As far as supporting criminals, alot of the Indian genetics are from naxalite related seed sellers in india, if it wasn't for this group we wouldn't have those genetics and the natural resources and beauty of places like odisha and andra pradesh, would be lost due to the greed of large governments, same with the Jalisco, they protect the old ways of the people in the mountains. for me in a sense there criminals now for pushing synthetic drugs and the violence more so in central america. but i think at its origins it was about protecting the people and land, like in india atm. I like the idea of supporting the guy who protect the tribes and the old ways.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts