What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The endless thread, part 2

unnamedmike

Some seeds has fallen down from the female haze#1 "dwarf", while watering. Although the seeds are fully ripe, dont have a pattern, like the seeds of their parents, but this ones are twice as large.
IMG_1880.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1880.jpg Views:	9 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	17883591

Last edited:

MallardDuck

Hi Mike,

Glad I found your new place! I was wondering why I wasn't getting notifications for your thread anymore. I love the picture with the lizard eating the bug! Also nice sunglasses :smoker:

unnamedmike

Hi Mike,
Glad I found your new place! I was wondering why I wasn't getting notifications for your thread anymore. I love the picture with the lizard eating the bug! Also nice sunglasses :smoker:

Hi Mallard, welcome aboard, nice to see you around :tiphat:
I abandoned the previous thread due to problems with the uploaded pictures. I'm glad you like the lizard pic. This pic was take in my early years in Mexico. It was laundry day, the little one was stalking the cockroach near me for a long time. I went for the camera and made him a session.

unnamedmike

Damaged plants from Broad ,cyclamen,Russet Mites
From the thread above; A few words of hope, from someone who struggled with the problem I have now :woohoo:
So after completely bleaching my room, equipment and foilar spraying with avid and Forbid every other day and switching between the two each time, 4 or 5 times each. I officially give up.
The forbid and avid haven't even slowed em down I don't think. This is the first time I feel completely defeated and tossing in the towel.
Thankfully I'm moving soon so just gonna start fresh at the new place and pray to god I don't spread em.

1broadmite_new.jpg

MallardDuck

I have always loved Mexico. I love it there. Right before the pandemic, I had the chance to help a guy fix up his catamaran in a boatyard in Guaymas. It was a cool vibe there, with a bunch of free spirits living in their boats that may or may not ever actually hit the water. Sitting on the prow for sundown beers and joint with the community there was fun. Lots of potlucks. Other than being uncomfortably close when the cartel ambushed the mayors car there, it was amazing. Once we finished patching it up, we hit the Sea of Cortez for some sailing for a couple of months.

73420476_258633145075483_90398911661992211_n(1).jpg

Not our boat but an Osprey did a lot of fishing in a boat we anchored beside.

unnamedmike

I have always loved Mexico. I love it there. Right before the pandemic, I had the chance to help a guy fix up his catamaran in a boatyard in Guaymas. It was a cool vibe there, with a bunch of free spirits living in their boats that may or may not ever actually hit the water. Sitting on the prow for sundown beers and joint with the community there was fun. Lots of potlucks. Other than being uncomfortably close when the cartel ambushed the mayors car there, it was amazing. Once we finished patching it up, we hit the Sea of Cortez for some sailing for a couple of months.
Not our boat but an Osprey did a lot of fishing in a boat we anchored beside.

I got family there, but I still don't know that part of Mexico. I'm glad you enjoyed your adventure in Mexico. Here you can still find very good people, free spirits. Sadly there are also very bad people

unnamedmike

It's "funny" to have root knot nematodes, broad mites, fusarium, and pythium all at the same time. I'm pretty sure the nematodes and broadmites came with the cococoir. Fungi ... I live surrounded by sick bananas. Now im purchasing the cococoir from a diferent manufacturer. Im steam sterilizing the substrate before using it.
IMG_1894.jpg

It look like im winning the war. New roots (The white ones near to the trunk base)
IMG_1894.jpg

My last hope to smoke in a near future ...
IMG_1890.jpg

The keepers begin to grow again, slowly, but the new tissue appears healthy.
IMG_1892.jpg

Destroyer 2 and 3, are large plants and currently, much healthier than the other plants in my collection. It seems that finally I am going to continue the project of the destroyer fem (d3 * d2, d3s1, d2s1 and d2 * d3)
IMG_1895.jpg

unnamedmike

You have some persistent little fuckers in there damn. I admire your courage man!
Thanks for your kind words. These months have exhausted me in every way, too long without my medicine, and too many problems

My keeper plants are not ready to give cuttings and i need to let ready the next round. For this, im popping 60 seeds F2; northern light, super silver hashplant#1 and sshp#5 It had been a long time since I saw plants this healthy and vigorous.
IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

One of the ohaze males
IMG_1909.jpg

unnamedmike

Speaking of pests ... do you see the pink / orange "thing" growing over the perlite? its a fungus. I know because that only grow in plants not treated with fungicide (fosetil-al). The room where they are growing cannot be cleaner and more disinfected, the fungus is in the air. 3 seedlings out of 60 got the base of the trunk the same color of the fungus. Ive inoculated the 60 plants with trichoderma, mycorrhizae and lactobacillus + aspirin.

fosetil-al treated substrate
fetch?id=17888148&d=1624893263.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=17888148&d=1624893263.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	17888621

untreated substrate
fetch?id=17888211&d=1624900895.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=17888211&d=1624900895.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	17888622

Edit: Not a fungus, its a bacteria
Serratia marcescens ??? :drum:
First Report of Serratia marcescens Causing a Leaf Spot Disease on Industrial Hemp (Cannabis sativa)
https://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Serratia_marcescens

Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activity of Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)

Last edited:

unnamedmike

20,000lm, 28°C, 80% RH, ph 6, ec 0.9, Co2 700ppm. They take two and a half weeks under photoperiod 18/6, one more week, and already to flower. The six plants in the front are not developing as I would like and will surely be discarded.
IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 42

JustGrowing420

Long time with no update means work getting done behind the scenes, and a lot!
Happy to see you ready to flower

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Thanks friends :wave: Welcome to this round, whose only purpose is to fill my empty cans, as soon as possible :yay:
Ive lowered the lamp a bit, now the plants are receiving 35000 lux. The room temperature is 29ºC. The ph of this tank is 6.3, hardness 550ppm
The day after tomorrow the plants do 3 weeks from popping. Coinciding with this I will change the photoperiod to 12/12, the plants could grow another couple of weeks, but I really need to harvest.
Finally discard the 6 plants in the front row, and 2 more, there are 46 healthy plants.
IMG_1968-1 copy.jpg

IMG_1969-1 copy.jpg

IMG_1970-1 copy.jpg

I still keep the 8 mothers. But, they are "frozen" in time, they grow very slowly, they do not get worse, they do not improve ... A few days ago I cut a couple of branches from one of my super silver haze females, also "frozen" And, to my surprise they took root in less than a week. They are now in gallon pots. Growing slow, but growing. Having seen these results, I have cut 2 branches from each of the other 7 mothers, fingers crossed.
Knowing that they do not improve without cutting, I have ruled out revegetating plants, impossible to cut ... more victims. Luckily several rounds ago, that I am doing f2 of the strains that I test.

Ssh4 cut growing
IMG_1959-1 copy.jpg

IMG_1960-1 copy.jpg

Destroyer 3
IMG_1962-1 copy.jpg

Seeded Ohaze
IMG_1966-1 copy.jpg

unnamedmike

Today will be the first day at 12/12 photoperiod . Ive raised the ec to 1.3, and maybe during the first 2 weeks of flowering I will increase the amount of nutrients a little more, since the plants seem to accept it. I doubt whether to place the first layer of trellis already, I still have to remove the males...
Its particularly pleasant to watch my own seeds develop.
IMG_1973-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1973-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	17901118

IMG_1974-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1974-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	17901119

IMG_1975-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1975-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	17901120

IMG_1976-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1976-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	17901121

IMG_1977-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1977-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	17901122

I popped 18 the doors for the next round, incredible but it is the fastest strain that I have in the stash, and I have "enough" seeds saved. I need a fast blooming mother, so my brother is sending me mrnice critical mass (very good filler plant in my opinion) And along with the c+, Mad's thh and smhaze, and a packet of cbd seeds.
IMG_1971-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1971-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	17901123

IMG_1972-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1972-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	17901124

217004181_2071081039699778_4576561148162268766_n.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	217004181_2071081039699778_4576561148162268766_n.jpg Views:	2 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	17901125

unnamedmike

Bastards. No mites on these ones no?
I'm not sure ... I haven't stopped spraying the plants and cleaning the room yet. Ive been spraying with different acaricides 2 or 3 times a week for months now. But I can't continue spraying the flowering plants, we'll get rid of doubts shortly :chin:
Im enabling a couple of outdoor areas, so that my harvest does not depend only on one point. After this flowering round, Im gonna turn off the flowering room for a few weeks / months, to ensure that nothing is alive inside. I will take the opportunity to make some reforms that Ive been leaving aside.

Latest posts

Latest posts