What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The endless thread, part 2

RingtailCanyon

Are you using any kind of surfactants when you water or spray the plants? They seem to have a beneficial effect all around in helping control pests.

unnamedmike

Are you using any kind of surfactants when you water or spray the plants? They seem to have a beneficial effect all around in helping control pests.

Yes, tween 20 (polysorbate) is very effective as a surfactant. Im pretty sure it can even kill some bugs by suffocation, its like a condom in spray :D

unnamedmike

I keep reading and learning about broad mites life cycle. They really are tough guys. I will continue the treatment, with full plant baths (mothers and cuttings), in addition to sprays. Ive included pyrethrin in the army. The plan is:

sulfur vaporizer 24/7 (love this thing)

week 1 - pyrethrin spray and batch, 3 times
week 2 - abamectin spray and batch, 3 times
week 3 - Entomopathogens (for now: metarhizium anisopliae, beauveria bassiana and paecilomyces fumosoroseus) + high humidity. Sulfur OFF
week 1 - (repeat)

LostTribe

Premium user
2 of 5 phenos from Macs haze, have very outstanding potency, even without any cure. I think they will get stronger after some curing, which will be nuts... I like Tom Hill Haze a lot. currently growing two THH hybrids :D it is good stuff.

MKAre you saying in general or you just did 5?

UM sorry about the mites hope your THH make it. How are they now? Cheers!

unnamedmike

MKAre you saying in general or you just did 5?
UM sorry about the mites hope your THH make it. How are they now? Cheers!

The plants are growing very well, without symptoms of mites, healthy leaves, good growth rate. The girls blooming ... they are fine, 3 weeks to harvest. This will be one of the worst harvests in my life, but i will be able to smoke something while i harvest again.

Ive found 2 more haze males between the 20 "tropical" leaning. At moment, 7 males, 6 females and 7 plants still unsex.Tomorrow, pics of the growing plants and haze. Today was also a cleaning day

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Cuttings from my 9 weekers plants (11/13). Super silver haze#4 / #8, super silver hashplant#1 / #5 and amnesia#1. Rooting in aerocloner / rock wool cubes, to facilitate pesticide baths. I need 10 cuttings + -, but i feel calmer having several copies of the plants, especially now in summer, and full of mites.

IMG_1756.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1756.jpg Views:	14 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	17866552

IMG_1762.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1762.jpg Views:	12 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	17866553

One of the ohaze males. No new males or females since yesterday EDIT: 3 new females showed up, 4 unsexed plants.
IMG_1781.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1781.jpg Views:	12 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	17866554

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Can someone recommend me which cleaner to use? to clean the walls, tables and shelves of the room (eggs and mites). Quaternary salts? bleach ? a can of gasoline and matches? :hotbounce thanks !

Sub24ox7

I clean my rooms with bleach. Mites are persistent heh. Just when you think they are gone.. hell no..

Red October

Cypermethrin works for me for cleaning but don't get it on your plants if you can avoid it and look on ebay for a used microscope, going to be a hell of alot cheaper and you don't need a modern one to get the job done.

RingtailCanyon

Bleach and water. Look up a correct dilution online . I know it doesn’t take much to work and make sure you have good ventilation.
glad to hear the mites are retreating. Fuck those mofos.

unnamedmike

I clean my rooms with bleach. Mites are persistent heh. Just when you think they are gone.. hell no..
Thanks Sub24ox7 :tiphat:
Im using a pressure washer for walls and floors, and bleach for pots, tables, etc. Im gonna bleach the walls / floor too ... very tough guys in truth

Cypermethrin works for me for cleaning but don't get it on your plants if you can avoid it and look on ebay for a used microscope, going to be a hell of alot cheaper and you don't need a modern one to get the job done.
Thanks Red October :tiphat: Why not in the plants? phytotoxicity?

Bleach and water. Look up a correct dilution online . I know it doesn’t take much to work and make sure you have good ventilation.
glad to hear the mites are retreating. Fuck those mofos.
Thanks RingtailCanyon :tiphat:They are tough guys... and with the heat, they have caused a mess in my room. Ive had to rethink my growing method... i hope it works as well as i hope, time will tell ...

Red October

Thanks Red October :tiphat: Why not in the plants? phytotoxicity?
it seems to have a really long half life and that makes me a bit cautious, I've read it breaks down alot quicker on organic mater but stays active for ages on inert surfaces, I do use it on my seedlings and cuttings though. No phototoxicity from what I can tell, I've had enough bad experiences with neem oil that I stopped using it completely.

If you want any help with the microscope give me a shout, I service and repair vintage cameras and have decent knowledge on market value and what to look for.

unnamedmike

If you want any help with the microscope give me a shout, I service and repair vintage cameras and have decent knowledge on market value and what to look for.
Thank you very much :trampoline: i take your word, i have 0 knowledge about optics.
I had money saved for THIS microscope, but the mite's war has left me without resources, temporarily. Im a big fan of photography, especially macro photography.

014 (2).jpg

036min.jpg

This pic was the cover of yerba magazine, in Spain, 15 years ago + -
Aceite_003.jpg

Semilla_001.jpg

JustGrowing420

Macro photography is sick! Nice photos. Hoping to get a macro lens myself in the near future.

Plants look back on track, hope it's the end of your troubles.

Red October

Thank you very much :trampoline: i take your word, i have 0 knowledge about optics.
I had money saved for THIS microscope, but the mite's war has left me without resources, temporarily. Im a big fan of photography, especially macro photography.

This pic was the cover of yerba magazine, in Spain, 15 years ago + -

That one will do just fine at that price, quality wise it looks like they used alot of plastic but it will get the job done, maybe consider getting one with a trinocular head so you can attach your camera to it and take crazy macro shots.
Really enjoy watching your grows and photos, glad you take the time to do them.

unnamedmike

Macro photography is sick! Nice photos. Hoping to get a macro lens myself in the near future.

Plants look back on track, hope it's the end of your troubles.
Hey JustGrowing420! mites seem controlled, but plants have phytium. Ive read that its an opportunistic pathogen, it has appeared when the plants are weakest. None of the mothers or backups is in danger. After informing me for a few hours (phytium is new to me) I bought Aliette fungicide, and i started again to water with 2ppm of chlorine. I also added 24/7 aeration to the tanks, and chlorinated every possible surface. Today i turned ON the sulfur vaporizer, for fungi and mites.

Old pic, diy stacking rail
jj 002.JPG

unnamedmike

I built one more stacking rail a few years later. Now i got a 3D printer and that let me design and print my parts. Ive almost built the rail with 30X30 profiles, the last pic.
030-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

C-_Users_mike_Documents_PSD_mosca10.jpg

monedacentimo.jpg

Untitled2.JPG

Untitled.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts