What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The endless thread, part 2

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
beauveria bassiana are supposed to be a good part of IPM. I wonder if my killer red worm bin mites would kill the bad ones?

Are you referring to the edges of the leaves yellowing as a K deficiency? I am in flower and have this, but I also have other issues from a foliar I did.

fetch

unnamedmike

its like Met 25 and Botaniguard combined with something i've not seen yet. i've heard good things if people can keep RH up after spraying. i think thats the trick lol
Thanks for the help :tiphat: i was forgetting the humidity... i usually keep the relative humidity high, 75% + - almost all the flowering (VPD 8 - 10)

beauveria bassiana are supposed to be a good part of IPM. I wonder if my killer red worm bin mites would kill the bad ones?
Are you referring to the edges of the leaves yellowing as a K deficiency? I am in flower and have this, but I also have other issues from a foliar I did.
The plants are being hard to keep happy, ghost deficiencies i think this symptom is called. The easiest symptoms to see in picture are the taco leafs and the bright dark green color of the leafs. Some other symptoms are 50% resin, little aroma, little vigor, weird mutations, ... I wish it was potassium deficiency. :Bolt:
More information about this blessing, in this thread https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...tive-knowledge
fetch?id=17845945&d=1619794007.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=17845945&d=1619794007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.3 KB ID:	17849571

Who thought keeping weed alive would be such phuckery sometimes hehe, striving for the best ya pay the cost to be the boss
Being honest, i remembered this hobby easier xD and being even more sincere, wherever the pest comes from, a good part is my fault for not using the amount of resources necessary for a good IPM. The "good" of this is that ive regained my "curiosity", ive been reading for a week, without feeling it as an effort. And what i still have ... :scripture:

MAHA KALA; said:
sorry to hear about your difficulties Mike. but I am sure you will solve it..
thanks for the support bro. I think the same :yeahthats

thailer

i don't think this is really as much your fault as it could be for other people. i would blame myself if i took in a clone and it had bugs. that i feel is my fault. i don't see you doing that though and i find it hard to blame you for bugs creeping their way in like the stealthy little shits they are.

'reading' I vaguely remember this term hehe, hope you're enjoying it mate.

You may remember when I thought I had root aphids, and it turned out they were hypoaspis miles :laughing:

unnamedmike

On Saturday, i applied abamectin to all plants, for broad mites and root knot nematodes ... Repeat 3 times, every 3 days...
I think the problem came with the coco coir, its the only thing from outside that enters to the room. But since ive had some intruders, i cant be sure.
I have to implement a good IPM, which adapts to what is available in my area, and update the room, to prevent anything from entering.

All plants are growing again within 2 days from the first spraying. I have cut cuttings from the mothers. The healthiest of these cuttings will be the future mothers.
IMG_1653-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

Ive topped the original hazes for better branching, and have come across this.
IMG_1648-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

IMG_1647-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

IMG_1649-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

unnamedmike

i am glad your plants are growing again. i hope all is well in the future.

The plants are accumulating trichs and pistils, instead of being eaten by mites ... Especially the surreals are getting fat and resinous, its a pleasure to see them, after the despair of the last weeks.
Today is the second fumigated with abamectin, on friday the third and last. Its a "pleasure" to wear the fumigation suit, at more than 35ºC :toohot:

unnamedmike

The spring is ending, but in my room is just beginning. All the mothers seem out of danger and are developing new biomass on top of the old damaged one. Ive never been so happy to show such mediocre-looking plants :blowbubbles:
IMG_1679.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1679.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	17859495

IMG_1683.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1683.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	17859496

I have repotted 6 cuttings from cups to bigger pots, mix of cococoir + perlite at 50% After 2 or 3 weeks at 18/6, these cuttings will go into bloom, under 200w led. 3x amnesia#6 (haze leaning), 2x super silver hashplant#5 (g13 leaning) and 1x amnesia#1
IMG_1691.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1691.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.0 KB ID:	17859497

Amnesia#1
IMG_1692.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1692.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.8 KB ID:	17859498

2 of the ohazes have shown sex at 18/6, males ... Neither plant looks like what I think is a 100% haze, but i had never grown haze before ... Pics tomorrow.
The remaining 22 hazes are at 11/13 since last night. They gonna be under this lamp until they show gender. Then i will cut several cuttings from each, and the plants from seed will be eliminated.
IMG_1716.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1716.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	17859499

Backups / future mother plants. In picture they look "a bit" pissed, but in fact they are much healthier, despite the temperatures above 32ºC
IMG_1718.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1718.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.2 KB ID:	17859500

Last edited:

unnamedmike

This is the IPM that i plan to apply. Help is welcomed.
  • Entomopathogens - metarhizium anisopliae, beauveria bassiana and paecilomyces fumosoroseus, P. lilacinus. (until late bloom?)
  • 3 hours of sulfur burner every week ? every three days ? (until bloom / first pistils ?)
  • fogged essential oils, X mins every day (until late bloom) http://www.agriculturejournals.cz/publicFiles/08130.pdf
  • OHN garlic, cinnamon and ?? every week ? (until bloom / first pistils)
  • predators: Amblyseius swirskii. They are expensive, but i think i can feed them castor pollen, this plant grows wild in my area https://www1.montpellier.inrae.fr/CB...349&typefile=1
  • Trichoderma harzianum (dont mix with entomopathogens ?)
  • Glomus geosporum, G. fasciculatum, G. constrictum, G. tortuosum, G. Intraradices
  • Azospirillum brasilense, azotobacter sp, Rhizovium, bacillus sp.
  • Actively Aerated Compost Teas, from 100% pest free sources.

this link suggest the use of P. lilacinus and acacia compost tea for the treatment of root knot nematodes https://www.researchgate.net/publica...nts_in_brinjal

EFFECTS OF PLANT ESSENTIAL OILS ON SOIL MICROBIAL COMMUNITYAND SOIL RESPIRATION

Biological control of the root-knot nematodeMeloidogynejavanicabyTrichoderma harzianum

Last edited:

RingtailCanyon

I hope you can turn them around. It's alot of plants to deal with. Make sure you forcefully spray into all the growing tips to dislodge any little mites.

unnamedmike

I hope you can turn them around. It's alot of plants to deal with. Make sure you forcefully spray into all the growing tips to dislodge any little mites.
Thanks Ringtail :tiphat:
Im aware that there are many plants. The plague has caught me in the middle of selecting 3 strains. In about two months i will be able to get rid of almost all the Lilly and surreal, in order to keep about 12 mother plant cuttings + the 24 haze cuttings, bathed in envidor and avid. I have a small tent where i can grow these plants while i clean the grow room. I really hope/need this to work

unnamedmike

Yesterday, looking for some photos from 2019, found photos with "signs" (deformed leaves, twisted leaves, variegation ...) of infection by mites, in plants that finished their flowering more or less well. Remembering, the serious problems came after treating the plants a few months ago, with sulfur, for spider mites. I suspect this killed predator mites efficiently ...

2019 pics
IMG_2559-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

IMG_4271-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

IMG_5539-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

Yesterday all the plants were treated with AACT of bennis and entomopathogens (im saving for a microscope, to "be able" to isolate and multiply the different strains of fungi / bacteria that im using)

Tonight they will be fumigated with essential oils of thyme, rosemary, cloves, cinnamon, oregano.

Attachments

• IMG_4271-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg
    IMG_4271-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 43

unnamedmike

Hey Sunshineinabag ! Nice to see you around :wave:

6 (3 males, 3 females) of my 26 Todd's OHaze are plants with a different appearance, speed and growth pattern than the other 20. Ive read something similar to other ohaze growers, over the years, Nevil Schoenmakers (DEP ) was the first, if im remember well.
What i had never read, is automatic males in ohaze... Two of the 3 males began to flower at 18/6 stable. They have been hard weeks for all the plants (heat, mites, nematodes ...) I think they began to bloom due to the big stress, and of course, X genetic predisposition. The 3 males are blooming outdoors since yesterday, the females have shown sex this morning, they are already next to the males. Im going to reproduce this pheno apart from the more "tropical" looking pheno.

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

the other 20 ohaze still growing, and rooting, at 11/13
IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

unnamedmike

My wife has given me her essential oil diffuser, and it has been working intermittently since yesterday.
IMG_1743.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1743.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.0 KB ID:	17863192

I'm doing the first tests on the device but it works. How long does sulfur have to last? 3 tablespoons + -
IMG_1750.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1750.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	17863193

IMG_1751.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1751.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	17863194

unnamedmike

The pots still having small traces of tween20. Although no trace is seen on the leaves, now that im still on time (more than 5 weeks) im going to spray lactobacillus, for better degradation. And abamectin is degraded mainly by microorganisms, extra point.
The spider mites or two spotted mites, spreads much slower in the presence of lactobacillus, as far as i have been able to verify, hopefully the broad and russet mites too.
Effect of Tween 80 on production of lactic acid by Lactobacillus casei
IMG_1753.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	17864349