What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The endless thread, part 2

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That are very good news, enjoy it. :headbangeWhat genetics are those haze? How do you describe the effect? I've also heard some good comments about the power of todd's ohaze, crossed fingers... I hope to find some outstanding female, to cross with the seedsman and thh that i have stored.

well it is not cured yet, I would not like to judge the line based on 5 phenotypes. those which smokes strong they smoke like colombian. more chill out and denser effect. not racy. electric and racy ones are like 5% in original haze. unfortunately..

unnamedmike

well it is not cured yet, I would not like to judge the line based on 5 phenotypes. those which smokes strong they smoke like colombian. more chill out and denser effect. not racy. electric and racy ones are like 5% in original haze. unfortunately..

I really appreciate the racy effects, but I think I prefer "meditative" effects, dreamy effect, hallucinogenic effect. This, and non sleeping effects, is what i appreciate the most in a sativa (day time med) Of course if a plant is like that, and also racy ... ooouh yeah rock & roll :rtfo: :woohoo:!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I really appreciate the racy effects, but I think I prefer "meditative" effects, dreamy effect, hallucinogenic effect. This, and non sleeping effects, is what i appreciate the most in a sativa (day time med) Of course if a plant is like that, and also racy ... ooouh yeah rock & roll :rtfo: :woohoo:!

meditative and dreamy and consciousness shift, yes. then you will be satisfied. I dont say there is not racy one, but when people make selection towards colombian, it will be hard to get racy and electric smoke. cheers.

unnamedmike

meditative and dreamy and consciousness shift, yes. then you will be satisfied. I dont say there is not racy one, but when people make selection towards colombian, it will be hard to get racy and electric smoke. cheers.

Thanks for the explanation of the effects. I've been growing hazes hybrids for half of my life, and I'm finally going to know what a strain haze is 100% ...

Following @MadMac's way, I'm gonna do reproductions / crosses of/with my haze. I dont know if I will find my grail haze among the AG's haze, 24 plants to find elite female are few ... but I think I will find something decent in successive generations, or in the haze * haze crosses (if the pests allow me :shark:)

unnamedmike

For too many crops, im looking for the cause of the lack of vigor in my plants, and i think that Ive finally found the cause, broadmites :whee:...
A few months ago i bought sulfur for a spider mite outbreak, in the skylight plants (outdoor). When fumigating with sulfur these plants improved a couple of weeks, by adding acetyl salicylic acid the plants practically became "normal" The lack of vigor reappeared after a few weeks, when the eggs hatch. I have repeated the treatment on indoor plants, with similar results.

This pest is particularly difficult to eliminate from what im reading.
Im gonna switch the sporadic sulfur fumigations, for sulfur burners, working every 3 days. And i will continue adding aspirin in each deposit, to alleviate the effects of the plague on plants.
The mothers and cuttings (non for smoke, backup plants) will be dipped in miticide...
Of course, part of the treatment is extreme cleaning. This is what makes me feel the worst, i need to clean the entire building, my house is big and old, im old and small.

I need to implement IPM to my gardener "workflow". I will start by installing 3 sulfur burners. Azadirachtin, aloe vera juice, AACT, OHN from cinnamon, garlic and ginger.
Im learning about which natural predators, and which entomopathogens to buy, to apply in the green areas of my house.
Any help, comment or experience is welcome.

The plants are showing potassium and other deficiencies, but that is fault of the mites, that totally stop when sulfur is sprayed.

Super amnesia
IMG_1608-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

Superstroyer
IMG_1611-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

Surreal & Lillys
IMG_1614-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

IMG_1615-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

IMG_1616-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

IMG_1617-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

thailer

so those bud pics you just posted are of plants that have broad mites? the room pics aren't as detailed but the pistils look burnt however the bud shots look ok to me personally.

i bought this red can sulfur burner that was like from the netherlands and it works way better than the Growers Choice brand sulfur burner available in the States. the heating element on the growers choice burnt out after a few burns and the room was smokey but the room when the red can is pure smoke plus the heating element is a light bulb thing you can purchase to replace for like $40 usd. the burner though costs a bit more but i would highly suggest it over the other one if you're in the market to purchase.

theres quite a few people that say the sulfur works great for broad mites used on the regular for a long time, they say they can even be eliminated.

G

It's a jungle out there makes me wonder how I keep from going under - dang homie I hope you have enough jars.
Ah so broadmites. I saw subcool shut his whole 'indoor inground pool grow' down for 3 months to completely get rid of them. I'm sure you'll lick em in due time.

unnamedmike

so those bud pics you just posted are of plants that have broad mites? the room pics aren't as detailed but the pistils look burnt however the bud shots look ok to me personally.
The burnt pistils is my fault, i burned them with the sulfur. Actually i dont know what mite I have 100% sure:dance013: I think is Polyphagotarsonemus latus (broadmite) seeing the damages. I think they've been with me from the beginning, but they've gotten badly out of control since i tried farming without bennis... Some plants dont show all the symptoms or seem almost normal, those treated with salicylic acid. In the cuttings in the photo the damage is better appreciated, these plants have not yet received salicylic acid, only sulfur.

i bought this red can sulfur burner that was like from the netherlands and it works way better than the Growers Choice brand sulfur burner available in the States. the heating element on the growers choice burnt out after a few burns and the room was smokey but the room when the red can is pure smoke plus the heating element is a light bulb thing you can purchase to replace for like $40 usd. the burner though costs a bit more but i would highly suggest it over the other one if you're in the market to purchase.
Thank you very much for the burner suggestions, very good examples to be able to copy them, im waiting for the ceramic heaters to arrive, to do the first tests.

theres quite a few people that say the sulfur works great for broad mites used on the regular for a long time, they say they can even be eliminated.
I think too that by themselves, the burners will not kill the BMs, they will be part of my arsenal against these little critters. My plants are on the second floor, im sure that the mites have come flying in a fly, fungus gnat, cockroach, etc.

unnamedmike

It's a jungle out there makes me wonder how I keep from going under - dang homie I hope you have enough jars.
Ah so broadmites. I saw subcool shut his whole 'indoor inground pool grow' down for 3 months to completely get rid of them. I'm sure you'll lick em in due time.
Yes ... from what I've read they are not a joke. I am going to finish this rotation, i depend 100% on my production. Im going to rejuvenate the mothers from in vitro micro cuttings, so this one is the last crop that I will see my plants in several months. I have to check the viability, but I think I will keep copies of my mothers in vitro. So I can press the nuclear button, when necessary, to be able to start again from 0. Im learning a lot here.

unnamedmike

what is the visible damage from broad mites?

There is not much appreciable damage, almost all the plants have been treated with salicylic acid to alleviate the effects of the bites, and the SAR 'Systemic Acquired Resistance'
These plants in the photo have not yet been treated with aspirin, and the damage is more obvious. Taco leafs and the shiny dark green. The other plants ... got reduced their growth rate to 50% or less, weak roots, little resin, little aroma ...
IMG_1627-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1627-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg Views:	14 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	17845944

IMG_1628-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1628-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg Views:	12 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	17845945

Last edited:

thailer

most people were using the wettable sulfur for spraying instead of burners. i'm not sure how big of difference it makes but wettable seems like it would make contact instead of a light residue on the leaves.

anyways i was just curious because i gave some plants to someone who said they thought the plants gave them broadmites but i can not find a single one and i think the issue is with cold soil temps in their situation. those microscopic small mites really give me anxiety because they're so small and the damage often mimics other issues unrelated. so i've always been curious when people have identified the situation and how do they know in hopes i get some info that could help identify a symptom that is only because of BM.

unnamedmike

most people were using the wettable sulfur for spraying instead of burners. i'm not sure how big of difference it makes but wettable seems like it would make contact instead of a light residue on the leaves.
From what I've read, the burner produces sulfur dioxide. Being gas, it reaches all the corners that would be difficult to cover 100% by spraying.

anyways i was just curious because i gave some plants to someone who said they thought the plants gave them broadmites but i can not find a single one and i think the issue is with cold soil temps in their situation. those microscopic small mites really give me anxiety because they're so small and the damage often mimics other issues unrelated. so i've always been curious when people have identified the situation and how do they know in hopes i get some info that could help identify a symptom that is only because of BM.
Im gonna try to pic the laying eggs, adults are very hard to pic, even more after the sulfur spray. It seems that this plague is easier to diagnose by symptoms, than trying to see adults. With a magnifying glass it is possible to see the eggs on the underside of the leafs, adults are a little more difficult.

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Hang tough Mike. This will be another tool in your arsenal soon enough.

Thanks for the support bro. Its devastating must to discard so many plants, and short-term projects + the waste of resources ... but it seems that there is a remedy.
You're absolutely right, im learning at a very good rate, "thanks" to these mites? The dud-identification-collective-knowledge thread is a gold mine.
By "luck", i have at least two copies of each mother. Tomorrow i will test the phytotoxicity / effectiveness of a fungicide (consist-max), a nematicide (nimitz) and an acaricide (envidor) ... I will use them by bathing small plants, instead of spraying the mothers.

unnamedmike

They must've got over Trump's wall
:D
It's funny, i received cuttings from growers all over the country for years when i lived in Spain, and ive never had so many problems. The current plague, ive not yet identified 100% and it has already ruined my last crops.
If they are stem nematodes they may have arrived in the seeds or in the cococoir ... Mites are everywhere. And i cannot discard out that this is fungal problem, even in part. Mexico has been sprayed with crap by many brilliant minds over the years.

unnamedmike

The flowering plants have improved a lot, im gonna keep them. For a moment i thought about getting rid of them... :fright: Today ive sprayed the blooming plants with clove and rosemary essential oils. And with OHN of cinnamon too.

Edited:
http://www.agriculturejournals.cz/publicFiles/08130.pdf
Effect of Plant Essential Oils on Mortality of the Stem Nematode (Ditylenchus dipsaci )

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1661675/
Acaricidal activities of some essential oils and their monoterpenoidal constituents against house dust mite, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Acari: Pyroglyphidae)

Ive bought Trichoderma harzianum, the roots have some fungal problem, I think.

Tomorrow i will try this product. Contains metarhizium anisopliae, beauveria bassiana and paecilomyces fumosoroseus, supposed to be very effective against mites.
IMG_1631-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1631-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg Views:	34 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	17848002

Last edited:

thailer

its like Met 25 and Botaniguard combined with something i've not seen yet. i've heard good things if people can keep RH up after spraying. i think thats the trick lol

Latest posts

Latest posts