What's new

The Colombian Krippy Origin Thread

tetragrammaton

Veteran
just looked up the colombia strain hunters, one of the strains they were after was called limon verde

Facts. And like in all the strain hunter videos, you see Arjan showing the growers his catalog and his cannabis cups, and letting it be known that he's the king of cannabis by throwing money and genetics their way, as well as pictures of him posing with celebrities for them to allow them access to such strains like Limon Verde. That's what he does.

To what the western world would consider "poor" growers, the offer of feminized high quality seeds of award winning potent strains is an obvious "yes" to them. They don't realize that now their landraces are now endangered, but I'm not a Greenhouse or Arjan hater, quite the contrary.

While some might disagree with his tactics, he's done a lot to bring great genetics all over the world with his crosses, and it's undeniable his success. I hope he stays true to his word and eventually all of these "strain hunts" and their end goal will come to fruition and he will stabalize and release these landrace strains such as Limon Verde, and not just use it, and other strains he's "captured" for crosses, even though I'm sure crosses with landrace genetics would be nice.

I also really miss Franco. His death was tragic, and dkmonk (RIP) and I would spend hours watching not just strain hunters, but all of the early GHS videos they'd release on their strains and what not. Everything we could read online and books by Jorge Cervantes, Rob Clarke, Ed Rosethnal, the Cannabible series, etc... we'd also watch everything on YouTube regarding Cannabis Cultivation, and Franco really inspired me, as did Steve Tuck, who I am blessed to have as a friend and mentor, even with cannabis aside, Steve is a solid individual and friend.

Brings back good memories, I'm sure if dkmonk was still alive, he'd be here, experiencing the krippy and wanting to get to the bottom to it as well.

Hookahhead

I bought a bag of “Mexican Sativa” here. It was nice quality, compressed but loose buds. Only found a few seeds in a 1/2 oz. I grew out the ones that popped. They were nice plants, one in particular has the most amazing sweet lime smell/taste I’ve ever come across. Unfortunately this was a round of plants I moved outside at 2 weeks, without taking any clones. I’ve been on the search for it again ever since :(.

picture.php

Drewsif

I'm kinda confused, OP calls himself God, knows everything about weed strains, yet thinks m39 was good smoke and doesn't know what og kush is?

At one time sour lemon cleaner described practically everything in the states. Most would describe that as OG. So much so that grow shops carry various lemon cleaner "sweeteners" to dump on shitty hydro and turn everything into "og". I've seen brick dealers "kush infuse" their reggie with the fake lemon pinesol. Hell I've even smelled it in medical dispos. A disgusting foul imitation of a very popular profile.

Everyone associates that potent mystery weed of yours with the most well known gene pool around, OGs. Its really not relevant where the growers got the seed, you have the internet, buy a 10 pack from a recommended breeder.

P

pongster

I am enjoying this thread but with offending anyone, crippy is not looked at as good within my circle of cannabis friends and growers here in Colombia. Crippy is NARCO grown weed produced only for profit by people that are not cannabis enthusiast. Crippy is part of the problem here and part of what I'm doing here is teaching the difference. Crippy is potent but it is in no way high quality in anyway. I invite anyone who has an interest to come here and find out first hand what it is and how they process it. The whole valley grows around Cali and it's no secret. I can even arrange "safe" tours down there for anyone with interest but I can assure you that if you come here and see me you won't have any interest in the crippy. But this thread is nice for romanticizing a really subpar cartel product. Don't worry in a few years or sooner the real Colombian is coming back, and it's going to have my name on it.

red rider

totally agree with the distinction; crippy is indeed narco weed. as mentioned before, i truly think this is a postharvest method that produces something "different", but no way it's just one strain or cross. think of raisins and grapes, and different varieties of each... golden raisins are made from white grapes, but made from thompson is quite different than made from sugraone; and sun dried is veeery different from oven-dried.

i consider crippy as a cheap high; potent, but cheap. my last proper sativa was a cannabiogen's panama, that i would describe as luxury high. long flower, proper care, no pressing, no additives, etc; but the biggest highlight is the effect on the brain, which in my opinion, is the ultimate price-level judge. and in that court, crippy doesn't stand in the top. high in the middle, yes.

kind of wine tasting perhaps...

i hope to see some RR around =)
:rasta:

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I'm kinda confused, OP calls himself God, knows everything about weed strains, yet thinks m39 was good smoke and doesn't know what og kush is?

At one time sour lemon cleaner described practically everything in the states. Most would describe that as OG. So much so that grow shops carry various lemon cleaner "sweeteners" to dump on shitty hydro and turn everything into "og". I've seen brick dealers "kush infuse" their reggie with the fake lemon pinesol. Hell I've even smelled it in medical dispos. A disgusting foul imitation of a very popular profile.

Everyone associates that potent mystery weed of yours with the most well known gene pool around, OGs. Its really not relevant where the growers got the seed, you have the internet, buy a 10 pack from a recommended breeder.

I dont call myself God, but yes i am aware of what the tetragrammaton is, but in my case i chose the username based off the title of my favorite The Mars Volta song. Incredible guitar work by John Frusciante.

How don't I know what OG Kush is? I know the complete story at least from Todds recolection and Josh. Its common knowledge it was from gainsville florida and was arranged to be brought to the west coast. Only one cutting rooted and thats that. Then came s1s and crosses. It was known simply as The Kush until 98-99 when everybody had "the kush" that wasnt the kush, when it began being callled the original kush and then OG Kush for short, and then because of the LA scene and B Real and his crews involvement also became known as "original gangster". This has been discussed and confirmed various times on bubblemans hash church google hangouts with even sam the skunkman present and everyone in the know. I first smoked OG Kush in 07 that was sent in a hollowed out candle from LA. While it was definitely the most intense lemony citris fuel, to my nose it was closer to an intense pinesol or a lemon scented furniture polish than a more chem lemon

Also never once have I claimed to know everything about weed strains. If I did, why would I be making a thread trying to gather information on something?

I also made it pretty well known that the export mass grown M-39 beasters was shit. Have you smoked real m-39 grown to full maturity, dried and cured? It's good smoke and heavy yielding. My preference? Hell no. Amazing and potent? No. But a good smoke. I said in this thread that I can see it being good in crosses.

I know this is a cannabis forum and most of us are medicated but perhaps you are a little too medicated for clearly not reading the entire thread and making false and negative allegations and assumptions about me. Or perhaps you're not medicated enough and are stressed out and want to be negative when I'm all about kindness. Oh well, I don't know you, you dont know me. And while I do have the internet, I don't need to buy seeds from the internet. The growshops here sell virtually every strain from virtually every seed company.

Good job though coming off as an ass though!

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Not wanting to stir things up but I can understand and respect someone's interest in the crippy. And I guess if I lived somewhere else crippy would be an exotic treat (at first) but really after "knowing" it for so long I simply don't care what it is. My option only, I've bought and smoked much worse in my life than the crippy. However my goal in life is self improvement part of that is not consuming moderate quality cannabis )or anything else for that matter). I can add that in 2015 I grew a crippy seed I found in a bag. It was really a nice plant but with no supplemental lighting it yielded nothing in it's 90 day life. What i did try from the plant had a really good taste and a nice FX, I could have grown it better. The Colombian plants I grow now require no lights and develop in a natural way (if you can call sinsemilla natural) and I see a world of difference from crippy grown a few hundred miles from me. But again what I like is not what the thread is about so I digress.
I will talk to my buddy that goes to Cali frequently and get the low down on what his buddies grow there. Like I said before he sends his seeds down there for them to grow and it looks and smokes just like the other crippy. I'll see what he says and maybe get some pictures from down there. He's always wanting me to cruise down there with him but I just never had enough interest to motivate me to go.

red rider

Yeah, it's definitely not God's Gift as I said, and has been established by all of us whose smoked it, it's potent, but definitely a commercial strain mass grown for export and profit by the narcos. I have many high THC% strains available to me, indica or sativa, high quality grown indoors and out, grown locally, as well as am back at growing my own again all of which can kick Krippys ass in terms of overall quality. But as you said, you yourself grew out a krippy seed, and while unfortunately it didn't yield well for you, you said you enjoyed the flavor and effects. That is simply something I'd like to do if I ever find a seed, but Krippy isn't what I normally smoke by any means. It's just something I'd like to do for fun and see what happens. Same way I used to sprout bagseeds from mids back in the day and sometimes find some really unique plants.

And once again, and this is not directed towards you Red Rider, but my main purpose in "knowing" what particular strain has been going around that has been consistant in apperance, taste, effects, color, smell, trich production and dry sift color, etc... is because I am under the belief that it is indeed a strain available on the market, that I'd be interested in purchasing.

To the smartass who attacked me, while it's plausible there might be some OG in it, it's NOT OG Kush by ANY means. OG Kush has never had a haze like taste. EVER.

And to Red Rider, I am very well aware that Krippy is looked down upon and some people even refuse to smoke it, due to their belief that it's unnatural or laced, or due to the fact that its grown by the narcos, who don't give a shit about cannabis, but profit only.

It seems to me, based on everyone here who has smoked the Krippy in question that we have a love/hate relationship with it. All of us agree it's very potent, but we also agree that there is much better out there. For me, like you Red Rider, I just like to always have some around for when the only thing available are heavy indicas as I only like those for night. It always does the trick, and I think we can all agree on that.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Just talked to my buddy and he says it is "blue satellite" that is grown in Cauca as crippy now. He's too busy at the moment too give more details but will later. I think I've heard of blue satellite, no idea what it is though. I'll see what he says and try to get a few pictures of the actual plants and then start an eradication program (just kidding).

red rider

That would make a lot of sense based on Blue Satellite. Based on the descriptions I've read, it is very chemically citrusy astringent, but sweet. It's a sativa dominant blueberry crossed with shishkaberry. The reports match up with Krippy. You might have just solved the whole mystery RR! Thank you so much for the valuable information.

Regardless of if this Krippy is indeed Blue Satellite, it sounds super interesting and sounds like a strain I'd love. I'll definitely be on the lookout!

Once again, thank you so much Red Rider. The case may very well be closed now.

Hookahhead

Haha man I wonder how DJ short would feel about narcos growing out one of his strains on a massive scale. I’ve listened to a few interviews with him, he seems like a pretty legit guy. Man the cannabis world is strange at times.

Thanks for the information RR, having you on the ground is always a great asset to the community. Do you know if they do massive clone runs, or if they are making/purchasing seeds from outside?

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Well, now that I have reason to believe it's Blue Satellite, I no longer have any interest in smoking Krippy again, and as far as this thread, I made clear in the first post that I am referring to a specific mass produced strain or clone known as "krippy" and that I'm fully aware the term "krippy" has been used to regard "good bud" in general for deccades.

From what I understand, Blue Satellite seeds aren't available, but Blue Satellite 2.0 are, and the description sounds even better.

The purpose of this thread was not to make this "Krippy" legendary, it was to find out what strain or genetic background it comes from, because for it being so potent and tasty and having such a unique terp profile, for cheap brick weed, as well as having such a reputation as being "laced" because of it's potency, I figured that it must be a really good STRAIN.

Smoke reports of Blue Satellite seem to line up to a T.

The purpose of this thread has been fulfilled thanks to Red Rider. As I stated in the OP, my hope and goal was that someone from Colombia or someone in the know would come forward, and that's exactly what Red Rider did. If only I could give him extra reputation points, I would.

Thank you again Red Rider. For me, the mystery is solved, and even if it's not Blue Satellite, Blue Satellite seems to match up perfectly in terms of taste, smell, and effect so I'm sure it would be an amazing smoke.

As far as DJ Short's thoughts on his genetics being grown on a mass scale by probably one of the most dangerous and violent criminal organizations in the world, supplying an entire continent I have no clue. I think Arjan would take it as an honor, because that's how Arjan is. I don't think he gives a rats ass who grows his genetics as long as it's his genetics, which can be shown in his colombian strain hunter video where he's with the narcos while they're doing coke as well. Love him, hate him, or indifferent, you have to admit Arjan has balls going straight into dangerous territory.

Thank you once again to Red Rider, and everyone who has contributed to this thread. To me, my curiosity was satisfied. As far as me, I will no longer be smoking Krippy, I will simply give a go at DJ Short genetics which I've smoked and loved, and now the taste makes sense, but never grew because I was always intimidated hearing that his strains were very difficult to grow, and needy, with many mutations, in regards to easy growing strains.

Peace and love to everyone but case closed unless Red Rider has additional information, or anyone else wants to add their experiences with Krippy in South America during the past few years. It's like a fucking lightbulb went off in my head, because the taste that I've tried to describe in so many words is extremely reminiscent of Flo.

HerbChambers

I was just in Costa Rica over thanksgiving. While I was there I was sold two bags of what was presented to me as “crippy colombiana”. It was bricked up, but there were no seeds and all the larger stems had been removed. The smell and taste wasn’t particularly memorable, but I did get pretty high after smoking a joint.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I was just in Costa Rica over thanksgiving. While I was there I was sold two bags of what was presented to me as “crippy colombiana”. It was bricked up, but there were no seeds and all the larger stems had been removed. The smell and taste wasn’t particularly memorable, but I did get pretty high after smoking a joint.

If it didn't have a memorable smell or taste then it wasn't what I believe to be the Blue Satellite krippy. The blue satellite krippy is unique in that once you've seen it, smelled it, smoked it, you can always tell if it's the real deal or not. Did it looked like my shitty picture and Red Riders much better picture?

If not, and it was more brownish in color, and as you said, nothing memorable, but after a joint a nice high, the colombians bring that here too, and gets passed off as krippy to those who don't know any better, but it's pretty shitty overall, and I think is their lowest grade of export. No clue what strain that is, and no desire to know. It's potent as hell, don't get me wrong, but is not instant, it takes me an entire joint to get high, but once I do, it's a long lasting potent high but nothing like what I know as the good Krippy which Red Rider has led me to believe is Blue Satellite.

The Blue Satellite mass grown Krippy has you high as fuck before you can even finish a quarter of a joint, even for those with a high tolerance and used to other high THC strains. It has a very psychedelic cerebral high but with body as well, and unmistakable taste of sweetness.

Either way I hope you enjoyed it, and Thanksgiving spent in Costa Rica sounds dope. Hopefully you got it for extremely cheap as well. While in CR did you get to try any other bud? Anything that was memorable?

HerbChambers

If it didn't have a memorable smell or taste then it wasn't what I believe to be the Blue Satellite krippy. The blue satellite krippy is unique in that once you've seen it, smelled it, smoked it, you can always tell if it's the real deal or not. Did it looked like my shitty picture and Red Riders much better picture?

Either way I hope you enjoyed it, and Thanksgiving spent in Costa Rica sounds dope. Hopefully you got it for extremely cheap as well. While in CR did you get to try any other bud? Anything that was memorable?

It was probably the lower grade Colombian you’re describing that I received. I was only in CR for 5 days to have some dental work done. After about the 3rd day the tincture I brought was starting to get old so I reached out to a friendly hotel employee.

The weed in your picture looks danker than what I had. Once this was broken up I was embarrassed to take a picture. As I said earlier I did get really lit after smokingba joint with a couple other people. It’s likely I got so high because I hadn’t smoked week in 3 days.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
It's funny though, the memory of beasters (the M-39 cut) actually makes me wish I had at least an 8th, just to relive those times, the same way I at times wish I could have some mexican sativa brickweed which at times was decent in color, flavor and trippy, lmao.

I'd love to get my hands on that specific clone though if it's even still around, to see if given proper care, full grow time (it can be cut super early with huge dense buds, but if taken to at least 56 days, that's when it get's good). Actually, I'd prefer to select my own M-39, because I believe that the specific M-39 clone being grown was chosen for yield, quick flowering time, and fatass buds, nothing else. A cross with a good potent strain would probably be insane if done right.

But back on topic, I really hope this Krippy can be identified because while I've disclaimed it's not God's Gift to cannabis or the holy grail, it is a SUPER potent and tasty strain that I feel the world would enjoy, and could use in crosses to make even better strains. Any sativa or sativa dominant fan would LOVE this. Especially with the dense buds, and insane trichs.

But, with that said, with my belief it IS from Aryan and co., it's likely a strain that many people are already currently growing and smoking, unless as suggested it is SLH crossed with one of their local production strains, but I doubt that. I believe if there is any truth to it having SLH in it, it was crossed with another GHS strain, or is another GHS strain all together.

Charlie Reefer`s Jihadi Kush ?

Latest posts

Latest posts