What's new

The Colombian Krippy Origin Thread

Breadwizard

There's a SLH cut floating around the SF bay area claiming to be Franco's cut. I don't really think it's a production oriented plant, thin lanky structure, not enormous yeld. The THC percentages seem to be in line with what's being described though.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Yeah, I'm still leaning towards it being some sort of GHS seed or cut from a select GHS seed. I remember a few years ago when Franco was still with us, and they came out with their line of nutrients, they were on Instagram in Colombia in a massive greenhouse grow-op (undisclosed location in Colombia) (the plants were still in veg, but were huge) but I remember they all were broadleaf. I remember the sense of pride Arjan (who I just now noticed I've been mispelling this whole thread) had that Greenhouse genetics and nutrients were being grown and used in Colombia.

As far as it being SLH, I mean, I'm sure they could be growing it, as I'm sure Arjan gave them a variety of seeds, but I don't believe it to be this specific strain commercial mass grown strain. I'm familiar with SLH and it's effects and flavors, and it's an incredible strain, but the Krippy going around is completely different.

mexweed

Veteran
SLH crossed with their commercial strains, greenhouse also allegedly has chemdog and pure kush

tetragrammaton

Veteran
SLH crossed with their commercial strains

Do you know this as fact, or is it just a theory? I'm not doubting you by any means, or questioning your experience or intelligence, I'm just curious. Apart from the lemony chemical cleaner smell which smells closer to chem than SLH, I don't really see any traits of SLH in this Krippy. But a cross sounds plausible. With what? I'm not sure, but I'm also convinced it came from Arjan or another seed company.

I think my personal favorite aspects of the strain in question is not only the 1 hit wonder potency, but the flavor. The flavor, as I've mentioned is extremely pleasurable for those who enjoy sweet strains. It's extremely floral and perfumey, almost haze like, but with an underlying fuel and skunk, but not prominant. The most prominant flavors upon inhale and exhale is incense/perfume/flowers/sugar.

Crazy Chester

Yup - that's definitely the "beasters" (we called it that too) from the early-mid 2000s. We always thought it was from Canada.

Crazy Chester

Well I’d like to warn you that even if you were to obtain and grow it yourself that it may not provide the effects your used to. By compressing it the way they do causes many trichomes to burst and oxidize and thus causing it to “cure” a certain way. It being cured that way changes the cannabinoid profile slightly but in a way that would def be noticed.

For more info check out the Malawi cob curing techniques and how those change the overall effects. It’s a very similar thing that happens with “bricked” weed just on a larger scale.

True. It also makes it seem stronger because there's more trics compressed into a smaller volume than it would be with a normal dry and uncompressed cure.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
No, it's definitely not beasters lmao. I can assure you of that. 100%. I had a thread here circa 2006-2007 on Beasters, and this is definitely not beasters. Beasters was a common name for bud coming from BC, but the beasters that were mass imported through the US for years was M-39. It produced large dense dark green buds with red hairs, had a hay smell, lack of flavor, and lack of potency, and unfortunately sold as the same price of high grade, because it looked the same. We called it pretendica. It was grown hydroponically by the Vietnamese in Canada.

This is straight from Cali, Colombia. Not Cali short for California, but the city Cali, in Colombia.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
As of now, the only people who have came out of the woodwork with first hand experience with this Krippy are myself, Pongster, Red Rider, and HookahHead.

It's a Latin American, Carribean thing, and I'm sure some is going to Florida, but probably isn't that popular due to the rise of high quality US grown bud flooding the US market.

I appreciate all of the information and theories from everyone, but this is definitely not beasters, and to be honest, anyone would have to smoke, smell, and visually look at this IRL to know what it is. So, comments and theories from people who have not travelled to South America and smoked Krippy in the recent years, while appreciated, don't really help at all, unless they have family, friends, or connections in Cali, Colombia, or are "in the know".

Green Squall

Yup - that's definitely the "beasters" (we called it that too) from the early-mid 2000s. We always thought it was from Canada.

Beasters were from Canada. It was M-39 grown by Asian Gangs to be mostly exported into the US. God I hated that stuff. Visually it was a step up from brick weed, but was almost always harvested way too early, usually void or trichomes and tastes like shit due to hardly being dried.

Crazy Chester

The beasters dealt to us were almost always bone dry. We would crush the buds to pinch some into a bowl to smoke. It smoked like a moderately strong indica and had a nice and unusual floral terp profile, a really pleasant smell.

A minority of the times, the beasters would come to us compressed like before, but with the moisture content most of us would expect with cured bud. In that instance, we would use scissors to cut it for smoking and it would smoke like a weak indica.

So, we learned when it came to us wet we had to dehydrate it to its former crumbly state, pinch some into a bowl and found that it invariably had regained its formerly moderately strong effect.

I take that to mean we were concentrating more trics into a bowlful because it was dry. A similar volume of cured bud with a normal amount of moisture would contain less trics and be less potent.

That's why I think the beasters is a weak indica.

Like Icky said, if you had the beasters clone and cured your harvest the way you do normally, it wouldn't be as strong as the beasters that were compressed cured to a bone dry state.

That said, I'd love to have an M-39 clone - not to grow for smoke per se - but, to use it for breeding. As far as I know, its the fastest flowering plant known. Imagine making a thai or a haze that finishes in just 8 weeks.:biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Every country I've been to in central and south america has a Krippy strain. From what I've gathered, they're unknown strains everyone loves so they've propagated it. Like that wonderful Quebec Freezeland.

Crazy Chester

No, it's definitely not beasters lmao. I can assure you of that. 100%. I had a thread here circa 2006-2007 on Beasters, and this is definitely not beasters. Beasters was a common name for bud coming from BC, but the beasters that were mass imported through the US for years was M-39. It produced large dense dark green buds with red hairs, had a hay smell, lack of flavor, and lack of potency, and unfortunately sold as the same price of high grade, because it looked the same. We called it pretendica. It was grown hydroponically by the Vietnamese in Canada.

This is straight from Cali, Colombia. Not Cali short for California, but the city Cali, in Colombia.

You're right, we're definitely not talking about the same plant. The beasters we used to get were definitely not dark green with red hairs, rather, they were light brown with yellow/orange hairs. But, it was what I've speculated was M-39 - maybe I've been mistaken and it was some other plant.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
You're right, we're definitely not talking about the same plant. The beasters we used to get were definitely not dark green with red hairs, rather, they were light brown with yellow/orange hairs. But, it was what I've speculated was M-39 - maybe I've been mistaken and it was some other plant.

Correct. The beasters you experienced were just random BC grown bud for US export, it was usually hit or miss, but definitely not M-39. M-39 is very distinct. When grown properly it's great. The M-39 grown by the Vietnamese indoors hydroponically were all from the same M-39 clone, and was being grown in pretty nice large houses converted into grow-ops, but because of how dense and fast flowering they were, they weren't grown with much care or profession, in fact from what I understand a lot of Vietnamese families who weren't even part of the criminal organization were used (and paid) to grow this as well and were provided with specific instructions, nutrients, etc... to ensure consistancy. It was strictly bud for export to the US. It was NEVER compressed. A lot of people involved in importing the M-39 beasters did so by literally crossing the US/Canadian border through the woods, with cash and duffel bags. Some was flown in as well, as well as hidden and passed through the border without detection. It was available in every state in America. It literally smelled like dry hay, but looked nice at first glance. As previous mentioned there were barely any trichs. I've heard rumors it was tumbled for kief and that's why, but that's just something I've heard, not fact.

The M-39 beasters as I described were huge and dense, uncompressed, but severely lacked in potency. It provided a slight short lasting cerebral buzz, but even if you smoked more, you wouldn't really get higher. It didn't taste bad by any means, but it virtually lacked in flavor, good or bad.

But please, let's end the discussion on Beasters, as apart from both the M-39 clone mass grown, and the Cali, Colombia Krippy that's been just as consistant in terms of it always being the same, there is nothing else in common with Krippy and Beasters, aside from both being Cannabis.

Krippy, as has been estabished by those of us who have smoked it, is highly potent. Beasters (the famous M-39 shit) and even the hit or miss BC bud also referred to by many as beasters were not good or potent by any means. Better than the M-39 for sure, but not potent or incredible my any means.

As I've said, this current Krippy stands up to the best in terms of potency, and has been the same strain for the past few years. Always the same smell, taste, and effect.

mexweed

Veteran
just a theory on the SLH, I remember the strain hunter videos and people saying how Arjan is going to corrupt landraces in the areas, and there was a while where SLH was being treated as the end all be all by the greenhouse crew

I remember smoking some lemon bud that was supppsedly from canada maybe around 09 or so, it was the dankest bud my friends and I had smoked at the time, floored us with uncontrollable laughter, haven't had anything like it since

P

pongster

just bought a gram of crippy through an app XD
wonderful times we live in,

went on the bike for 6 km at 34°C sunlight with no problem, now to play games,
very nice high
cheers, sorry not to be more helpful on more info, i'm just a stoner,
:rasta:

tetragrammaton

Veteran
just a theory on the SLH, I remember the strain hunter videos and people saying how Arjan is going to corrupt landraces in the areas, and there was a while where SLH was being treated as the end all be all by the greenhouse crew

Well, depending on how you look at it, in a way he did corrupt the landraces. For better or worse that is up to personal opinion. Unfortunately I haven't seen any Colombian landraces ever since the Krippy appeared. I'm sure there are growers such as Red Rider, and other people that have preserved the landrace genetics and continue to grow them, but because of Arjan, the criminal organizations (well, in my opinion, the cultivation of cannabis shouldn't be a crime, but these organizations are involved in much more than just cannabis) are definitely not growing or exporting the nice sativas like they were 5 years ago. It's all been this distinct "Krippy" which as I've said, the first time I saw it and smelled it, it reminded me of high quality US bud just compressed. When I smoked it for the first time, I was blown away. The timeline matches up perfectly to when Arjan and the strain hunters were there, so until I am proven wrong, I will continue to believe that it comes from Greenhouse Seed Co.

As far as your theory on it being a SLH cross, that could be plausible, especially if crossed with a chem or some sort of sweet kush, because the flavor is what stands out the most to me. Despite the smell when dried and ground (loud chemical strenght limonine) the taste is pure sweetness.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
just bought a gram of crippy through an app XD
wonderful times we live in,

went on the bike for 6 km at 34°C sunlight with no problem, now to play games,
very nice high
cheers, sorry not to be more helpful on more info, i'm just a stoner,
:rasta:

XD I know exactly what app you're talking about lmao. And for those who know, know. How long that will last is questionable, but everytime I've had to use that app I've always scored within 5 minutes, and there is always a variety of indoor strains, krippy, and as you clearly know, other things are available as well.

A few years ago I was looking for bud and asked a friend, and he told me to download the app, and I honestly thought he was fucking with me. I knew of the app, and knew what it's intended purpose was.

It wasn't until this year when a friend and I were on our way to where one of the many Krippy men sells in front of the mall, wasn't there. We then went to a local university where normally it's an open market, but I didn't see anyone I recognised, and no one was smoking, so he downloaded the app, and right away got some Amnesia Haze. I was like "holy shit, this works".

A few days later, I decided I'd download the app just to look at the "menu". I was blown away and through that app, met my current best friend who always has the FIRE and delivers, as well as lives within walking distance from me.

Funny story, the last time I used the app, it was also to get Krippy, as I was bored of the strains I had at the time (a lot of outdoor kush from Los Vilos) and Y Griega. Someone was selling krippy, and in the text messages when we agreed to meet, it turned out to be my neighbor. XD. So now anytime I want krippy, I don't have to use that app, I just have to text him and then we go outside. XD

P.S. For those who know what app we're talking about, don't help ruin it. It's already pretty well known that it's being used for non-intended purposes, and for those who don't know, don't ask, but rest assured you'd be blown away and laugh your ass off at how bizarre it is.

Crazy Chester

I apologize for the tangent - it ain't beasters and we all agree beasters wasn't very good in any event.

Now I'll lurk on this thread to hear about a new (to me) way better and more interesting strain - Krippy!

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I apologize for the tangent - it ain't beasters and we all agree beasters wasn't very good in any event.

Now I'll lurk on this thread to hear about a new (to me) way better and more interesting strain - Krippy!

It's funny though, the memory of beasters (the M-39 cut) actually makes me wish I had at least an 8th, just to relive those times, the same way I at times wish I could have some mexican sativa brickweed which at times was decent in color, flavor and trippy, lmao.

I'd love to get my hands on that specific clone though if it's even still around, to see if given proper care, full grow time (it can be cut super early with huge dense buds, but if taken to at least 56 days, that's when it get's good). Actually, I'd prefer to select my own M-39, because I believe that the specific M-39 clone being grown was chosen for yield, quick flowering time, and fatass buds, nothing else. A cross with a good potent strain would probably be insane if done right.

But back on topic, I really hope this Krippy can be identified because while I've disclaimed it's not God's Gift to cannabis or the holy grail, it is a SUPER potent and tasty strain that I feel the world would enjoy, and could use in crosses to make even better strains. Any sativa or sativa dominant fan would LOVE this. Especially with the dense buds, and insane trichs.

But, with that said, with my belief it IS from Aryan and co., it's likely a strain that many people are already currently growing and smoking, unless as suggested it is SLH crossed with one of their local production strains, but I doubt that. I believe if there is any truth to it having SLH in it, it was crossed with another GHS strain, or is another GHS strain all together.

mexweed

Veteran
just looked up the colombia strain hunters, one of the strains they were after was called limon verde

Latest posts

Latest posts