What's new

Thai vs Thai and neighbours, test comparison grow

funkyhorse

Northern Thai 1 P2 2
Smell not citrus and not very strong
Impressive productivity, chunky hard rock buds full of meat
Real sativas bred/made under natural lights and natural photoperiod are not degraded, they are productive and make a lot of meat.
The problem is they are not available any more. I only got this N Thai 08 pure sativa and Laos pure 100% sativa from Wally. Any other real sativa available in the world which has not been fucked up?

The problem of the rest of the weed they call sativa I grew coming from Europe is because it is all bred under artificial lights and artificial unnatural photoperiods, it provokes inbreeding depression galore in pure sativas with buds size and productivity matching seedsman haze at best, thats why they throw the indicas in and the hybridization together with CBDzation starts together with my complaints about this shit and the reason I started to grow is because at this market it is now all this bs CBD 30min high weed.
N Thai girl 1 P2 2 (1).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 P2 2 (2).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 P2 2 (3).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 P2 2 (4).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 P2 2 (5).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 P2 2 (6).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 P2 2 (7).jpeg

goingrey

There are some recent papers like this one that suggest CBD that at the right dose CBD might actually increase and extend the effects of THC.

So maybe the issue is the total opposite, instead of breeding it in, it has been bred out. Because people have wanted a "stronger" (more immediate) effect and big numbers for THC in the lab. Can't blame 'em. THC is great!

Eltitoguay

Edit - on second thought I am editing my post because maybe it was a little cruel. But I have to answer if you tag me lol. Polite version:

The reason why I gave you a sad face is becasue your plants are obviously not well taken care of, and full of bug damage in almost every picture. You can't draw conclusions on which plant was good or bad, or close to whay you are looking for. Because of how badly grown they are, you are getting the wrong picture about the strains you are growing. If you want to know what a strain has to offer, I would suggest you get up to date on your growing skills. Otherwise you are wasting your time. People giving you likes on these posts just blow my mind to be honest.

Seriously, now: I am of the same opinion, especially with his previous crops: very poorly cultivated plants, with very little substrate and very weak root systems, with very little direct sunlight, and probably high humidity levels and preserved by the greenhouse. Aside from the pests reproducing freely within it... Of course, and from the photos of this last season, I see a clear improvement in their crops: it seems to me that I see more light inside the greenhouse, and I would swear that someone (Dubi, you or whoever) from the forum has taught them the use of, at least, potasio soap.
...As for his judgments on varieties, are extremely subjective, and logically passed through the filter of their cannabis-growing skills... I remember a sativa variety that he said flowered and dwarfed him in his latitude and climate and therefore was not a good sativa and... And yet, growers in areas such as the North of Uruguay or the interior of Costa Rica, showed, year after year, the same variety on the outside, like sativa trees over three meters tall...
But hey, even if he's like El Cansino

or El Tío Que No Quié Ná,

I see he's improving...

funkyhorse

Hola Montuno
Bienvenido and please dont make jokes in german
I want to salute you on the epic first division remaining of Cadiz and I always wanted to ask you why you are a cadiz supporter and not a Getafe supporter since you have the same distance from both places you could choose any other team in the same km range and you had plenty to choose from

On some things we agree and others we dont
On the poorly cultivated plants coming from poor genetics, I agree. Cant make magic with poor genetics
On the substrate thing and root system, you are absolutely wrong. It is top notch soil and plants develop such strong roots i have a lot of work every time I want to reuse the soil and rework it removing roots. The soil has living worms in it and it is made with a mixture I prepare made with local soil, locally made compost top quality and reused soil. I also add to the mix freshly made earth worm castings(EWC) by a neighbour
I have 8 hours direct sunlight at this GH
High humidity levels, of course. This is not the Sahara, these are wetlands, so you need genetics that can adapt to this environment and when genetics are mixed with indicas it shows
The humidity is not preserved by the GH. I have fog every morning, this is natural environment

I agree with the improvement of the crops, I cant believe the improvement, honest
This new GH is giving me 5C more and 2 more hours of sun than the bottom GH I was using last year, the difference is really impressive, like 2 different countries

Nobody in this forum ever mentioned to me the existence of potassium soap and I am surprised at this. When I mentioned it to the provider of the seeds in Spain he said not to use potassium soap because it will dry my leaves and kill them
The differences in approach between nortehrn hemisphere agricultural science and this part of the world is really impressive. Solutions used in Usa or europe here dont work at all

Vegetables are the masters. They are great teachers. And then talking about this with my neighbours, I discovered 2 of them are agronomy engineers, they gave me many solutions I tried and they still have more tricks under their sleeve
This guy is also an amazing teacher for this part of the world, very recommended

About pests reproducing freely within, sorry I partly agree. They reproduce freely within and outside the GH. I live in front of GMO soybean/corn fields and they use all kind of agrotoxics and poisons. I live at the only shelter these beings have, so my approach is kind of buddhist, live and let live. Try to make a balance and live in harmony
So I consulted about this with my agronomy engineer neighbours and they approved and liked the approach: so in the GH I have plants that act like bug attractors. Bugs have preferences too. And when things get out of control I spray potassium soap and if not enough because I have outdoor pests you cant even imagine thanks to this modern toxic agriculture, I use cypermethrine and things are going on much better than before. All these solutions have been provided by my neighbours. I live in the countryside, not in the city and this is certainly not a very beautiful protected natural reserve like the place you live

Now allow me to show you because nothng of this is pro and all I grow is for myself, I have no beef with anyone
All of this is growing in the same GH side by side
These are the lower buds of Laos I amde seed with. At this part of the world Laos have this budding and it is consistent, it is not 1 pheno out of 17 plants. This year has been superproductive, impressed me a lot
This has been grown in a 20 lt pot with the same substrate made by myself as explained for all the grow
Laos x N Thai firm male 2, I am very curious about this pure cross. It will be my first pure 100% unadulterated sativa hybrid
Laos x n Thai boy 2.jpeg

This is Laos x Ace Thai
If Ace Thai passes smoke test, then I expect to improve Aces Thai productivity
Laos x ACE Thai.jpeg

These are the top shot buds of Ace Thai girl 5 grown in the same Ercole 20 lt pots with same substrate as all their sisters and fed with BioCanna Bioflores
Scissors dont lie, the lack of productivity is very notorious. You cant build any project with genetics like this regardless if it has a high or not and if I like the high or not which I agree are subjective experiences. I like pure unadulterated sativas, it is what I preferred all my life, but I love hash and charas as well
Ace Thai girl 5 top shot buds, same smells as N Thai girls 3 and 4. Possibly girl 1 has similar smell profile
ACE Thai 5 top shot buds (1).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 top shot buds (2).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 top shot buds (3).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 top shot buds (4).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 top shot buds (5).jpeg

This is growing side by side, both from seed, pure sativas.
One made in Europe from cuts kept under artificial lights and artificial photoperiods and probably flowered under lights as well and the other seed was made in the winter in this same greenhouse(GH) under the sun and natural photoperiod
Forget about my skills as a grower which I agree with you suck, I am just learning
Forget about the high humidity environment, the seed from europe was marketed as high humidity resistant
This is about genetics and the results I am getting
With the seed from Europe you cant build anything, you cant make any sativa projects
Right is Northern Thai 08, a daughter of mom one. a P2
Left is the seed from Europe. Both of them are growing in 40 lt vegboxes with the same substrate and roots on living soil.
The seed from Europe is much taller, about 3,5 meter tall. productivity sucks big time, same like seedsman haze
Right NT 08 1 P2 left m x E 1.jpeg

funkyhorse

There are some recent papers like this one that suggest CBD that at the right dose CBD might actually increase and extend the effects of THC.

So maybe the issue is the total opposite, instead of breeding it in, it has been bred out. Because people have wanted a "stronger" (more immediate) effect and big numbers for THC in the lab. Can't blame 'em. THC is great!

I just read the abstract
The problem is it is not clear what strain they use for their experiments and it says it can atenuate or increase THC
I am making smoke tests of the Zamal project with other people to see what they think and we all feel the same, it is all 30 min high weed after 60 days cure with munchies coming after 30 min and nobody is liking the high here, not the kids who love the weed that stick you to your chair and bring you down nor the entheogen consumers who love outdoor sativa weed. This is the matching the quality at this market and the reason I started growing is because I dont like the high
This is matching quality with the weed from Amsterdam coffeeshops as well and I dont like it either
It is what it is

Northern Thai 08 I got first batch 2 years ago was 2 hour high and it was the best high I grew from all the canna scrap I have. I like stronger weed but nothing is available, it seems old weed from 30 years ago is really gone to my surprise and it is what it is, situation could be better and it could be worse too, same like the scientists suggests about the cbd mixing with thc

Northern Thai girl 3 all cuts have been harvested
N Thai 3 Lower bud
N Thai 3 lower bud.jpeg

N Thai 3 Top shot bud
N Thai 3 (1).jpeg
N Thai 3 (2).jpeg

N Thai girl 1 first cut is harvested. Smells similar to girl 3 and 4 but buds are different.
Hard rock buds. Progeny from the variegated male is making same kind of hard rock buds.
N Thai girl 1 (5).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 (6).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 (7).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 (8).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 (9).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 (10).jpeg
N Thai girl 1 (11).jpeg

goingrey

I just read the abstract
The problem is it is not clear what strain they use for their experiments and it says it can atenuate or increase THC
I am making smoke tests of the Zamal project with other people to see what they think and we all feel the same, it is all 30 min high weed after 60 days cure with munchies coming after 30 min and nobody is liking the high here, not the kids who love the weed that stick you to your chair and bring you down nor the entheogen consumers who love outdoor sativa weed. This is the matching the quality at this market and the reason I started growing is because I dont like the high
This is matching quality with the weed from Amsterdam coffeeshops as well and I dont like it either
It is what it is

Northern Thai 08 I got first batch 2 years ago was 2 hour high and it was the best high I grew from all the canna scrap I have. I like stronger weed but nothing is available, it seems old weed from 30 years ago is really gone to my surprise and it is what it is, situation could be better and it could be worse too, same like the scientists suggests about the cbd mixing with thc

Northern Thai girl 3 all cuts have been harvested
N Thai 3 Lower bud
View attachment 18860051
N Thai 3 Top shot bud
View attachment 18860052 View attachment 18860053
N Thai girl 1 first cut is harvested. Smells similar to girl 3 and 4 but buds are different.
Hard rock buds. Progeny from the variegated male is making same kind of hard rock buds.
View attachment 18860054 View attachment 18860055 View attachment 18860056 View attachment 18860057 View attachment 18860058 View attachment 18860059 View attachment 18860060
Yeah the science about different cannabinoids and their combined effect is still very much in infancy. That's my conclusion anyway.

You are making me wonder if I'm going to regret letting the Zamaldelica cut I had go. It had a great 4+ hour high. Had the mom on the windowsill and some bugs got to it so I just let it go, thinking I have seeds..

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Albert Hofmann on his bike in swiss mountains when he discovered LSD 1943 ....
my first trip was from a blotter with this image printed on... loved it...
we took LSD only on weekend in a group on parties or concerts... what a great time it was...
sex on lsd in summer.... damn do i'll miss that... experience for lifetime :)

congratulations on your progress and your new greenhouse ... living soil ... potass. soup ...
looks all much better than last time... it's great to see the positive progress :)
think many can learn from this...
well by look they are mostly all very resinous... that is very good...
but they looking still very very green healthy when you take them down...
this chlorophyll will take min 3 month to get rid off...
do know if you feed N ... but they don't need any ... or little in begin till mid...
well this year when i'll started again... i'll bought as always Biobizz light mix...
to my surprise ... saw it when plants looked still dark green after 8 weeks flowering and no feeding...
they had changed the soil and it has now 1.2 EC and much more N ...
so basically i'll fucked up my haze grow with too hot soil... before it had 1.0 EC and much less N ...
was ideal for haze when adding perlite and worm cast to it.... worked all the years perfect... feeding after week 4 ... now the last 2 around 100 day's in same soil ... no feeding .. only watering and still full green...
that is not good ... to my taste and experience they have to fade yellow ... not the bud's but the leaf's ...
like also your honest reports and it doesn't wonder that those "europa" strains doesn't work for you in that environment... it's also a lot of personal preference... to me it's the OHz high... the pure ... and than some hybrids i'll made with... but the bx than to the haze kicks ass... would like to send you my fav bx to see it grow there and your opinion on the high... because like you the high is the first thing that counts... than the rest in personal preferences... well if the thai landrace you imported are way better from high as all the others than you found the gold... i'll did not until now... and testet many landraces from all different sources... also legend Thai Stick (Gypsy) Zamal, C.Gol, Punto Rojo, Manipury, Kumoni etc... also private sourced ... those led05 also got ;-) ... they all are not better as Zamaldelica breeder pack or Zamaldelica old edition... nope ... most of them are less potent many are crap or hemp ... non thai i've testet to this day have the high from 90... maybe it's also environment dependent... i'll spend also thousands of euros for seeds... and 90% was not what i'll expected... not the plant or bud's ... the high.. those 20-30 min duration with sleepy comedown... no not what i'll like... but some had a special high ... short duration but pleasant happyness ... and easy comedown.. those crossed with the haze had longer duration and carried still the flavour of the mother... most only 2 weeks more flower time but double yield and vigour... also all had much more resin... and that counts too after the high for me... because it carries what counts ;-)
the rest is personal preferences and environment dependent as i'll said earlier when you startet...
sure some old true landrace still carry this high we are looking for ... but they are not more potent nor longer duration as haze or a good Zamaldelica (double) ...
another big part of what high you get is the harvest window...
as for pure sativa like the haze or thai stick there are 3 windows from 2-3 day's when it's the best..
first is when the first wave of pistils get's brown and the plant start to smell stronger... around 90-100 day's
second is when second wave gets brown and just a few still have white pistils ...
third is when all are brown and resin glads start to go amber ... eg 10-15%
they smelling all stronger during those windows 2-3 day's than they fade back to before...
with most of my plants also the haze i'll prefer the second harvest window.. best is the first day...
if i'm @ home i'll go every morning when it's time to check...
the second gives me most of the time the speedy up high i'm after
the third is often too strong .. devastating ...
if you start now to do real testing ... do you keep cut's ?
it's a must when you found now the best plant that gave the effect in the cross if you want to go deeper into it... sure a handfull of seeds would last a lifetime but to know for sure etc it need to be repeatable and maybe improve this or that... the fun just start's ;-)
once you found your fav... would love to give it a test drive in my environment and compare it to what i'll have to get a better idea...
keep it up!
well done so far and give some "europe's" a second chance in the better place & soil now ;-)
M.:smoker:

funkyhorse

Yeah the science about different cannabinoids and their combined effect is still very much in infancy. That's my conclusion anyway.

You are making me wonder if I'm going to regret letting the Zamaldelica cut I had go. It had a great 4+ hour high. Had the mom on the windowsill and some bugs got to it so I just let it go, thinking I have seeds..
Hi there
Science in anything related to understanding how the human brain works at this stage of history lacks understanding. Some things are not even in infancy, they have not been born yet
I have to ask you if your Zamaldelica was feminized seed, if it was then there wasnt much to save, only making seed with some interesting male like the N Thai or pure ohz or something like that which will not give you any guarantee on progeny because the genetics are a polyhybrid mess designed in order for you not to have reliable progeny

This Golden Tiger fem is much better than the whole Zamaldelica breeders pack. 2 hour high vs consistent 30 min high plants super boring. If the high is of your liking or not that is something else, but at least from the feminized seed you get half decent high. Same with the indica Malawi fem which was better than all this Zamaldelica Breeders scrap. So according to tests, Ace Seeds is a reliable bank for feminized seed. Probably the best feminized in the commercial market? Regulars suck big time and I am afraid this is because of Monsanto breeding practices. At least this is my experience

Albert Hofmann on his bike in swiss mountains when he discovered LSD 1943 ....
my first trip was from a blotter with this image printed on... loved it...
we took LSD only on weekend in a group on parties or concerts... what a great time it was...
sex on lsd in summer.... damn do i'll miss that... experience for lifetime :)

congratulations on your progress and your new greenhouse ... living soil ... potass. soup ...
looks all much better than last time... it's great to see the positive progress :)
think many can learn from this...
well by look they are mostly all very resinous... that is very good...
but they looking still very very green healthy when you take them down...
this chlorophyll will take min 3 month to get rid off...
do know if you feed N ... but they don't need any ... or little in begin till mid...
well this year when i'll started again... i'll bought as always Biobizz light mix...
to my surprise ... saw it when plants looked still dark green after 8 weeks flowering and no feeding...
they had changed the soil and it has now 1.2 EC and much more N ...
so basically i'll fucked up my haze grow with too hot soil... before it had 1.0 EC and much less N ...
was ideal for haze when adding perlite and worm cast to it.... worked all the years perfect... feeding after week 4 ... now the last 2 around 100 day's in same soil ... no feeding .. only watering and still full green...
that is not good ... to my taste and experience they have to fade yellow ... not the bud's but the leaf's ...
like also your honest reports and it doesn't wonder that those "europa" strains doesn't work for you in that environment... it's also a lot of personal preference... to me it's the OHz high... the pure ... and than some hybrids i'll made with... but the bx than to the haze kicks ass... would like to send you my fav bx to see it grow there and your opinion on the high... because like you the high is the first thing that counts... than the rest in personal preferences... well if the thai landrace you imported are way better from high as all the others than you found the gold... i'll did not until now... and testet many landraces from all different sources... also legend Thai Stick (Gypsy) Zamal, C.Gol, Punto Rojo, Manipury, Kumoni etc... also private sourced ... those led05 also got ;-) ... they all are not better as Zamaldelica breeder pack or Zamaldelica old edition... nope ... most of them are less potent many are crap or hemp ... non thai i've testet to this day have the high from 90... maybe it's also environment dependent... i'll spend also thousands of euros for seeds... and 90% was not what i'll expected... not the plant or bud's ... the high.. those 20-30 min duration with sleepy comedown... no not what i'll like... but some had a special high ... short duration but pleasant happyness ... and easy comedown.. those crossed with the haze had longer duration and carried still the flavour of the mother... most only 2 weeks more flower time but double yield and vigour... also all had much more resin... and that counts too after the high for me... because it carries what counts ;-)
the rest is personal preferences and environment dependent as i'll said earlier when you startet...
sure some old true landrace still carry this high we are looking for ... but they are not more potent nor longer duration as haze or a good Zamaldelica (double) ...
another big part of what high you get is the harvest window...
as for pure sativa like the haze or thai stick there are 3 windows from 2-3 day's when it's the best..
first is when the first wave of pistils get's brown and the plant start to smell stronger... around 90-100 day's
second is when second wave gets brown and just a few still have white pistils ...
third is when all are brown and resin glads start to go amber ... eg 10-15%
they smelling all stronger during those windows 2-3 day's than they fade back to before...
with most of my plants also the haze i'll prefer the second harvest window.. best is the first day...
if i'm @ home i'll go every morning when it's time to check...
the second gives me most of the time the speedy up high i'm after
the third is often too strong .. devastating ...
if you start now to do real testing ... do you keep cut's ?
it's a must when you found now the best plant that gave the effect in the cross if you want to go deeper into it... sure a handfull of seeds would last a lifetime but to know for sure etc it need to be repeatable and maybe improve this or that... the fun just start's ;-)
once you found your fav... would love to give it a test drive in my environment and compare it to what i'll have to get a better idea...
keep it up!
well done so far and give some "europe's" a second chance in the better place & soil now ;-)
Viele danke for taking your time to write all this 🙏
Probably many things to answer and I have little time, a lot of work in real life and pressure with harvest
About the sarong UV, I think in general the merchandising in the canna world sucks big time and there is plenty of place for improvement
If you are interested, that sarong UV can be done with any model you like or want, like the Size Matters for instance. Or Ace Seeds or whatever. It is just a matter of minimum quantity orders
The manufacturer is a friend of mine. He is from East Germany and manufactures in Asia, if you are interested in this PM me I will give you his contact

I dont have a problem with Oiropa. When I land in your country authorities speak to me in german and I just speak a word or two. I am 100% from european descendants, neighbours of yours. I dont have a problem with european breeding. I have a problem with bad quality weed and the associated bullshit
Until 5 years ago I was smoking everyday cambodian brick with nepali charas I was sourcing in the german community in south east asia. 2 hour high consistent. When I came back to south america, I was shocked at the quality. Because 12 years ago I still was sourcing decency, much better than the weed the indoor growers had

I find the green plants better. The treatment is a lot different here than in the Sahara
Plants take long time to dry. At this time of the year between 3 weeks and one month. I only jar them when they are at 50% dry. If I dry on 62% like the spaniard technology propose with the Boveda, here after 30 min exposition to the humidity bud becomes garbage. If I dry at 50% buds hold at least 4 hours before they get humid so you have a better window time and to reach this dry here is a lot of work and patience

So Chlorophyl is not a problem, anyway I smioke buds after at least 50 days in the jar so by the time I smoke them no chorophyl at all. With the green plants I dont need to manicure to perfection and I can use the buds for brick

When what you propose happens like in this Ace Thai 5 for instance, I find a lot of rot in the plants and I find a lot of trimming work
ACE Thai 5 (6).jpeg

I dont measure anything, I dont know EC. I know the PH of the tap water which is the river water is 6.5 and I just let the water open one day for the chlorine in it to dissipate. And now I am checking the contents of the Bioflora and it says it has a 2% N. I use Bioflora until the end

I rotate the soil
Pot rotation.jpeg
This is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruca_vesicaria
Soil rotation.jpeg
Beet for rotation in the vegbox. This compost I got from it from a mushroom producer
Soil rotation (2).jpeg
This is the ashes of ancient native trees which is what is used here for heating the house with firewood. Locals are forbidden to touch any tree, but the land belonging to the diplomatic of the Usa embassy is allowed to chop all the ancient trees and sell it out. There are only 3 years of wood left
Fallen and corrupt countries dont respect their own land and sell their treasures to foreigners...but these ashes for composting are amazing shit, plants love this and it goes on the bottom of the pots or vegboxes for composting so at least something positive comes out of corruption
Ashes for composting.jpeg
If tropical birds come to visit you in wintertime to eat from your banana tree, it a good signal you can grow sativas, the only problem is having the proper genetics for wetlands
Tucan.jpeg

This bottom GH is at your disposal for tests. For you and whoever wants to test the environment for as long as I stay here which is temporary but a couple more years I hope it will continue
This bottom GH is good for counterseason weed and is good for growing anything until what it would be your mid november in the northern hemisphere. The top GH is for all year round growing. I am testing now if the plants will reveg in this GH and survive winter this year. At the bottom GH they dont survive the cold
It is humid. There is fog most mornings with low visibility of less than 20 meters, very dangerous for driving
Welcome to wetlands, home of the most fertile soil in the planet being spoiled with agrotoxics. At this house, the soil is virgin, it is a treasure
Gh.jpeg

If plants start flowering late at the bottom GH, they will still grow but productivity will be affected, like this Zamal x Green Oldtimer Hz for instance, one of the tests this year has been to grow the same cut at the 2 greenhouses, the difference in productivity is obvious but I dont know if there will be any difference in the high
Zamal MP x ot1hz male 2 bottom GH.jpeg

At the top GH I am flowering tomatoes in plain winter, first year I do this
Black Beauty pot soil rotation
Black Beauty (5).jpeg

Last edited:

goingrey

Hi there
Science in anything related to understanding how the human brain works at this stage of history lacks understanding. Some things are not even in infancy, they have not been born yet
I have to ask you if your Zamaldelica was feminized seed, if it was then there wasnt much to save, only making seed with some interesting male like the N Thai or pure ohz or something like that which will not give you any guarantee on progeny because the genetics are a polyhybrid mess designed in order for you not to have reliable progeny

This Golden Tiger fem is much better than the whole Zamaldelica breeders pack. 2 hour high vs consistent 30 min high plants super boring. If the high is of your liking or not that is something else, but at least from the feminized seed you get half decent high. Same with the indica Malawi fem which was better than all this Zamaldelica Breeders scrap. So according to tests, Ace Seeds is a reliable bank for feminized seed. Probably the best feminized in the commercial market? Regulars suck big time and I am afraid this is because of Monsanto breeding practices. At least this is my experience
The Zamaldelica was from a fem seed yeah. Used some Malawi pollen on her to make seeds. Haven't grown any out yet but surely will be a variety of phenos that´s true. Also have some of the Zamaldelica fem beans left, maybe do a bx or 2.

The Malawi regs were good in my case. Never tried any of the "breeder's packs". I liked the idea but they were quite expensive. Don't think they do them anymore.

funkyhorse

The Zamaldelica was from a fem seed yeah. Used some Malawi pollen on her to make seeds. Haven't grown any out yet but surely will be a variety of phenos that´s true. Also have some of the Zamaldelica fem beans left, maybe do a bx or 2.

The Malawi regs were good in my case. Never tried any of the "breeder's packs". I liked the idea but they were quite expensive. Don't think they do them anymore.
I only had Malawi reg males so I dont know, but the fem was decent
The spanish distributor who shipped me the seeds at the time who is now on a judicial process and his growshop and club closed by authorities and treated as a criminal for shipping seeds abroad, told me always from Ace Seeds the fem are better than the regs and he hated everyone taking cuts from fems...it seems he was right. I always argued that fem cant be better than regs but you can get creative and provide better fems than regs because when your main worry is not quality but you are too worried about people reproducing the strains like Colorado sativas

Ace Thai 3
Light odors and smells. Not citrus at all
A lot of rot, this Thai is adapted to the Sahara and is having a lot of trouble adapting back to a freshwater river basin
ACE Thai 3.jpeg

Ace Thai 3 final productivity
ACE Thai 3 final productivity (1).jpeg
ACE Thai 3 final productivity (2).jpeg

Ace Thai 5
All plants growing side by side in the same tent. This one a little bit more productivity but humidity resistance sucks big time as most of the plants coming from this seedbank with the exception of Golden Tiger and 2 phenos of Zamal A, one of them the best of the Zamaldelica breeders pack packing a boring high of 45-60 minutes
Will I get cambodian brick quality from this scrap? Just in case I do, this will be the first Ace Thai I keep the seed because the rest so far has been very undesirable and this one is not much better. grinspoon thais had no rot but no bud. This shit makes bud that rots easily here, so the cross with N Thai might bring some productivity imprpvement together with better humidity resistance
I will probably mix the Ace Thai 5 with the vegbox 3 for brick and keep the Ace Thai brick 3 separated so I can at least test brick because there will be no bud
ACE Thai 5 (5).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 (6).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 (7).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 (10).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 (11).jpeg
ACE Thai 5 (12).jpeg

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
many thx for da offer ... !!!
also... the Fem seed for breeding in general is not good ... but you know that already...
i'll used the old reg when it came out... also did Golden Tiger & Malawi etc..
booth where good and GT very strong like you noted...
but Zamaldelica was more my strain... had more Zamal/Thai pheno... carrot smell like the Zamal i'll had...
with breeders this day's and breeding... it's another story ... yes...
there is huge room for improvement but they mostly all follow the money not the high ;-)
i'll hope and working on to get a license to do breeding and preserve official ...
but it's also not a must... i'll love my work to earn money .. it's my self created job...
for the rest you on point ... and like i'll said environment dependent ... same goes to curing :)
that's what i'll really like... you did not give up ... and found finally a good workflow and genetics that work for you... think many would give up outdoors and switch to indoors... ;-)
so much respect and plz continue... the door opens to a new world...

funkyhorse

Northern Thai girl 8
This one makes similar flowers to what I have seen in the 3 mid/low productivity phenos of Ace Thai. It is the lowest productivity of the Northern Thai girls. Similar smells to those phenos but a bit louder. This is the stickiest plant of all the thais so far
N Thai 8 (1).jpeg
N Thai 8 (3).jpeg
N Thai 8 (4).jpeg
N Thai 8 (5).jpeg
N Thai 8 (6).jpeg
N Thai 8 (7).jpeg
N Thai 8 (8).jpeg
N Thai 8 (9).jpeg

These are cuts I kept at the lower GH to compare if high where it is colder from mid may until mid october will be same with lower productivity in colder environment
N Thai 3 bottom greenhouse
N Thai girl 3 bottom greenhouse.jpeg

N Thai 4 bottom greenhouse
N Thai girl 4 bottom greenhouse.jpeg

funkyhorse

These are the 3 girls left from Ace Thai, the most productive ones
Next days will be chopped and I will see how they look, produce, how much rot and what smells, they are big over 3 meter tall plants
ACE Thai 1 , 2 and 6.jpeg
ACE Thai 1 , 2 and 6 (2).jpeg

Purple Thai got chopped
By far the best girl of the Ace Thai. Decent productivity, no rot(just a tiny little bit) and very good landrace resistance like all the Thai/Lao. By contrast, neighboring Mong Hsat is a bug attractor
Many adjectives come to mind: unique, beautiful, schooling, special, inspiring
A lot of foxtails she makes
I hope it has a high I like
Purple Thai top shot
Purple Thai top shot (1).jpeg
Purple Thai top shot (2).jpeg

She is so special she will get 2 posts
Indoors before chop
Purple Thai (6).jpeg
Purple Thai (7).jpeg
Purple Thai (8).jpeg
Purple Thai (9).jpeg