What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai vs Thai and neighbours, test comparison grow

funkyhorse

Its cool when we can agree and when we can agree to disagree respectfully

Like in an icecream shop where there is place for many different antagonizing tastes, I think there is a place for everything in the canna world, but the canna world doesnt think so.
Most of the Pure landrace sativas have been destroyed
Man, I would have loved to try the pure Lazarat original 91 sativa from the greek sailors
Is it preserved or alive in some form??
I cant believe so much hype has been preserved and the real things are all gone
I am sure there is a market for unhybridized pure landrace old school sativas, I simply cant believe the lack of goods in the market

It is so interesting, Lazarat story seems very similar to Poligono da Maconha in Sertao region
At the beginning it seems it was a very good strong sativa to become totally hybridized in favour of fast weed
I didnt try this weed either, I would love to try it one day but it seems all gone

These are the teachers
I never ate beetroot in my life, I am growing it now and eating it so I am getting richer
Beetroot at the bottom greenhouse
Beetroot bottom greenhouse.jpeg

Beetroot planted same day at the upper gh. Black beauty is flowering at both levels gh and I am growing some kale too, never grew it before
Beetroot and black Beauty Upper greenhouse.jpeg

but at the lower gh you can see Black beauty is shorter and outdoors it makes smaller leaves and I like it better, it seems to stand the winter outdoors and they are all starting to flower
Black Beauty bottom GH.jpeg

I checked yesterday temperatures. Maximum temperature at the bottom gh is 20C now and for a few hours. At the upper one the maximum is 26-27C and lasts longer time. At 3 pm the difference was 26C upper gh against 17.5C bottom gh

So yesterday I chopped 2 cuts of N Thai girl 1
One cut kept at the lower gh until mid may and finnished at the upper gh vs the other cut grown full in the upper gh
N Thai 1 bottom gh cut
N Thai 1 bottom greenhouse (7).jpeg
N Thai 1 bottom greenhouse (8).jpeg
N Thai 1 bottom greenhouse (9).jpeg

Side by side top shots N Thai 1 right bottom gh and left top gh
N Thai 1 top shot right bottom greenhouse left Upper greenhouse top shot.jpeg

This is buds from N Thai 1 upper gh cut
They all smell the same and same feeling to the touch, only difference is bud size, upper gh is really very nice big fat buds
N Thai 1 Upper greenhouse (1).jpeg
N Thai 1 Upper greenhouse (2).jpeg

funkyhorse

This is the last of the P2 harvested yesterday. Was pollinized with the sexually firm N thai male 2
Looking forwards to try it, all of the progeny from the girl 1 smells similar and make same chunky buds as mom with crazy long colas

Looking forwards to try this stock after 2-3 months cure
N Thai 1 P2 vegbox 2.jpeg
N Thai 1 P2 vegbox 2 (2).jpeg
N Thai 1 P2 vegbox 2 (3).jpeg
N Thai 1 P2 vegbox 2 (4).jpeg
N Thai 1 P2 vegbox 2 lowest bud.jpeg

funkyhorse

These are the last 2 cuts of Northern Thai 2008 girl 1
Were kept at the lower GH until midmay and finnished at the upper one
Productivity is half of the plants grown fully at the upper Gh
All buds look and smell the same
N Thai 1 (1).jpeg
N Thai 1 (2).jpeg
N Thai 1 (3).jpeg
N Thai 1 (4).jpeg
N Thai 1 (5).jpeg
N Thai 1 (6).jpeg
N Thai 1 (7).jpeg
N Thai 1 (8).jpeg
N Thai 1 (11).jpeg
N Thai 1 (10).jpeg

funkyhorse

This is the longest flowering plant of the season
Mauritius x Ethiopian girl 1
She started flowering beggining march and will probably finnish in one more month or so making it total flowering time almost 6 months
So far she is making it without rot and she is getting purple
Maybe 50 grams total productivity for a more than 3 meter tall plant making it a collector's item like Seedsman Haze, this is not for any commercial project as all of the pure sativas bred under artificial lights I grew so far
Too long flowering, needs a lot of care and little productivity. This is worth only if the high is trippy like 20th century weed. From early test after one month cure, the early green sister has no high. I hope it starts hitting in one or two more months of curing time
In front of her is N Thai girl 3 left for winter survival, I wonder if she will make it
M x E 1 (6).jpeg

From this angle you can see N Thai 4 left for survival. I never succeeded to get the plants to survive winter at the lower GH. I am checking what happens in this GH. So far only N Thai 5 is gone, the rest are still alive. Same with the 3 healthiest Ace Thai girls and they all stay green hanging very well against bug attacks
M x E 1 (5).jpeg

M x E 1 getting purple and maturing very slowly. Hanging very well on temperature range from 5C to 25C
M x E 1 (1).jpeg

This is the last of N Thai. I forgot about these 2 small cuts of N Thai girl 8
She smells, feels, produces and has all the same problems here as NH21 x MM from Bushweed I grew last year, the difference is 2 months flowering time. NH21xMM finnished mid may and this is finnishing mid july
I hope the high of N Thai girl 8 is much better than what I got from NH21 x MM which was very dissapointing as bud. Maybe as rosin or hash NH21xMM would have been a lot better
This one is not productive like the rest of the sisters, totally different profile
I will make these last two cuts brick to see and compare with the buds
N Thai 8 (15).jpeg
N Thai 8 (18).jpeg
N Thai 8 (19).jpeg
N Thai 8 (20).jpeg
N Thai 8 (21).jpeg