What's new

Thai vs Thai and neighbours, test comparison grow

funkyhorse

Ace Thai 2
So far with just 1 girl left, is the best of the Ace Thai in terms of productivity has been the only productive girl together with girl 1 and the only desirable one
Light smells, nothing fruity. The Ace Thai is not smelly at all
I hope at least matches cambodian brick high
ACE Thai 2 (1).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (2).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (3).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (4).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (5).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (6).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (7).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (8).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (9).jpeg
ACE Thai 2 (10).jpeg

funkyhorse

N Thai 8, I still have 2 more small cuts of this one flowering
This plant carries the progeny
By far the most sticky girl, it is noticeable on the touch
N Thai 8 (10).jpeg
N Thai 8 (11).jpeg
N Thai 8 (12).jpeg
N Thai 8 (13).jpeg
N Thai 8 (14).jpeg
N Thai 8 (16).jpeg
N Thai 8 (17).jpeg

This is the P2 from the previous post
N Thai 1 P2 4 x N Thai boy 2
This is P2 x P1 How it should be called? P2.5?
She is helping together with her sisters to get more progeny and make the family bigger
N Thai 1 P2 4 x n Thai boy 2.jpeg

funkyhorse

Mong Hsat first half got the chop as well
Very low productivity. Very low germination. Very low amount of bracts and a lot of leaves
Maybe you can call this a collector item? Because this is degraded weed
You can count the bracts on the buds and attracts pests easy
It is a 2,5 meter tall plant with strong roots and stems
The pollen of the males was hardly viable

Conclusion is clear from this grow: when the seed you make at home from the scrap you bought is much better quality and has all the love the seed you buy lacks, this means it was last time I buy seed because this is hopeless
What I have bought from Europe is a lack of respect after lack of respect. So if I buy again, what I will get is going to be another lack of respect like this and the Zamaldelica grow is showing
I have the same respect for breeders and distributors selling this garbage as they have for their customers, not more nor less

The best I got from Europe was for free from passionate breeders/growers who love ganja who did the same as I am doing, picking the tiny bits of gold from the whole canna scrap and transforming it into something nicer and much better quality than the commercial offers.
I am afraid when money is involved, bullshit is at the order of the day and degradation is rampant

Mong Hsat, a great teacher and last time I try buying seed from commercial canna
Top shot
Mong Hsat top shot (1).jpeg
Mong Hsat top shot (2).jpeg
Mong Hsat top shot (3).jpeg

The rest of the first half, second half next days but it all the same as this
Mong Hsat  (1).jpeg
Mong Hsat  (2).jpeg
Mong Hsat  (3).jpeg
Mong Hsat  (4).jpeg
Mong Hsat  (5).jpeg

TheDarkStorm

Awaiting your smoke reports on the ones you cut down funky horse.....one other thing....your probably looking in the wrong type of seeds if your looking for a high amount of potent plants from 3-10 seeds.....most of those pure strains and sativas are open pollinated reproductions or collected from open pollinated stock... .alot of them are collected and reproduced with the intention to save everything...all types including non potent plants..they wont be the same as seed produced from 1-1 matings of parents selected for giving you the highest quality and most potent plants regardless of if you grow 2 seeds or a 100....those are different types of seeds really....stuff like that takes time and a lot of work and skill...not many willing to put that effort in or even know how to do that.....but cool to see you have fun...you'll probably find the ones youve spent time sifting through and using selected parent with the target of potency rather than just preseveration of everything will be much better than what youve brought....anyway thanks for sharing your pics....good to see your atleast enjoying that northern thai from dcc....il keep an eye out for more descriptions of that thai line from you...

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Hi there TDS
I probably have a lot of things to answer but I dont have time now
The lucky girl I got from Northern Thai 08 2 years ago was the best weed I had
Only after smoke test of all this grow I will know, so what I did is just cover all possibilities on progeny I had and made all of it 1 x 1 matings so I will know who was the father and in 2 years time I will be able to search the best male seed

One immediate correction: N Thai is not DCC strain, Bald Monkey cleared it up
N Thai 08 was a freebie sent by Seedheaven shop owner together with Jahwis Joy which was a landrace from Ghana from 2006, sadly never sprouted, I would have loved to try it
Actually i'm not familiar with those freebies. Were they tagged as DCC freebies? My guess is that it is freebies from the shopowner. Where did you buy your seeds?

-in peace

This is first Ace Thai smoke report!!
Hola Super Haze!!! Do you have contact with Xiskito? Do you know about Xiskito thais results? If you are in contact send him un gran saludo and tell him to come here to post his thais
I grew two packs and found nothing I liked. Nothing special, it looked like straw and the hermaphrodite males...
I hope you're luckier than me.
I got a little bit more lucky, I had 2 grinspoon type males sexually firm,they gave little pollen
Did you grow them indoors or outdoors?
If I cure them for several months.
The smell improved somewhat but the effect remained the same.
I found many plants without smell, without resin and the one that did have the effect was very slight.
I confirm the lack of smells after chopping all of them. They have green leaf smell
All my plants have resin as pictures show in this thread.
Last Ace thai I chopped yesterday was the most productive one and I was working 5 hours with it, so I gathered resin in my hands. For charas it is not good quality resin, it is hard resin like hash, not malleable or piable.
I like the oily soft charas that is malleable like plasticine. After smoking charas many years, soft oilt and pliable is my clear preference for charas. Laos and N Thai make delicious oily and malleable charas

I also found Ace Thai realease to have very low resistance to humidity and the line more touched than Pamela's Anderson ass giving many undesirable phenos
It has excellent landrace resistance, no bugs get close to these plants, so the genetics are there, it can be seen as well
If this really is what we are getting as customers, then I would suggest Dubi to pull this line from the catalogue not today but yesterday because you are throwing to the toilet all your prestige earned throw hard work. If this what brazilian growers will get, you will probably be haunted and you are ruining your chances of having a good name at this market and you are flushing the water with your prestige away

Your regular lines consistently are much lower quality than your fems.
If the problem is people making seed from your stock, then release only feminized seed and become a feminized seedbank
Your regular stock sucks big time. Maybe you are used to everyone telling you Si Dubi. Nobody telling you their real mind because it would piss off? So I call this bullshit sidubismo
Maybe its time to start telling you No Dubi, la concha de tu madre, esta mierda no la vendas mas porque te va a traer mas disgustos que alegrias y te estas recagando el buen nombre y el prestigio que tienes, que te tomó muchos años conseguir. Vendela feminizada asi te aseguras que la progenie de tus clientes es una mierda y listo. Es el mejor consejo que te puedo dar como comerciante

Have a nice weekend everybody

Ace Thai 1, the most productive of the bunch. I hope I get more lucky than Super Haze and get from at least one of the girls cambodian brick quality high
First pick shows the brick I will make, I have been harvesting and gathering bract by bract from this line making bricks I will give 6 months cure.
Counting bracts is not fun
ACE Thai 1 (9).jpeg
Ace Thai 1 (1).jpeg
Ace Thai 1 (3).jpeg
Ace Thai 1 (4).jpeg
Ace Thai 1 (5).jpeg
Ace Thai 1 (6).jpeg
ACE Thai 1 (7).jpeg
ACE Thai 1 (8).jpeg
ACE Thai 1 (10).jpeg
ACE Thai 1 (11).jpeg

goingrey

Mong Hsat first half got the chop as well
Very low productivity. Very low germination. Very low amount of bracts and a lot of leaves
Maybe you can call this a collector item? Because this is degraded weed
You can count the bracts on the buds and attracts pests easy
It is a 2,5 meter tall plant with strong roots and stems
The pollen of the males was hardly viable

Conclusion is clear from this grow: when the seed you make at home from the scrap you bought is much better quality and has all the love the seed you buy lacks, this means it was last time I buy seed because this is hopeless
What I have bought from Europe is a lack of respect after lack of respect. So if I buy again, what I will get is going to be another lack of respect like this and the Zamaldelica grow is showing
I have the same respect for breeders and distributors selling this garbage as they have for their customers, not more nor less

The best I got from Europe was for free from passionate breeders/growers who love ganja who did the same as I am doing, picking the tiny bits of gold from the whole canna scrap and transforming it into something nicer and much better quality than the commercial offers.
I am afraid when money is involved, bullshit is at the order of the day and degradation is rampant

Mong Hsat, a great teacher and last time I try buying seed from commercial canna
Top shot
View attachment 18862032 View attachment 18862033 View attachment 18862034
The rest of the first half, second half next days but it all the same as this
View attachment 18862035 View attachment 18862036 View attachment 18862037 View attachment 18862038 View attachment 18862039
Who is the Mong Hsat from? Not Indian Landrace Exchange?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
This is N Thai girl 1 grown at the bottom greenhouse until end of may and finnished last month at the upper GH
Same smells and shape of buds with a lower productivity
View attachment 18863210 View attachment 18863211 View attachment 18863212 View attachment 18863213 View attachment 18863214 View attachment 18863215
a person can only be disappointed if he has too high expectations.
You cant get from landrace good weed.
It is the genetics that is the beginning of today's, which has been bred for decades to be as much as possible to our taste.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
It is the genetics that is the beginning of today's, which has been bred for decades to be as much as possible to our taste.
as usual with your rubbish and trolling folks with other ideas to yours ,
if landraces were never any good , todays weed would be just crap too ,
many folks really enjoy landrace types and u can absolutely get great weed from them ,
better than anything you know about plainly ,
go somewhere else man , you are not needed in this thread either ...

Chi13

ICMag Donor
You can get brilliant highs from landrace, but it might take more of a search. Modern hybrids have their place, but some of the older highs are unique and diverse in comparison.
The genetics of today have been hybridised mostly for yield and faster flowering, not necessarily because they have good highs.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
exactly chi ,,
more manageable but the high is no where near as good as a good landrace high ,
the opinion of canna t is a bit like folks who think we are at the absolute peak of knowledge ,
and yet we dont know how to build a pyramid like they did thousands of years ago ,
or a wall like the ones in south america which we still have no idea how they did it apart from silly guesses ..

modern hybrids are not better , they are just easier to grow in climates away from where the original landraces once thrived ... they high on them is sadly lacking to those who remember the soaring highs of the past ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey sorry for the interruption funky ,
i just have trouble with these folks who have seen so little but seem to know it all ,

i thought i will mention this latest lot of plants seem quite an improvement to previous ones ,
new green house plastic?? what do you attribute the change too ??
some nice looking resinous buds man ....

funkyhorse

Who is the Mong Hsat from? Not Indian Landrace Exchange?
Yes, it is from ILE. At best I can qualify it as collector's item, doesnt look like ganja
I am impressed at the low landrace resistance of this variety, it should stand much better against local fauna
Looks like indoors weed, if it is outdoors it is degraded

I took day off yesterday, today I continue chopping plants
The difference is the temperature at the new GH which is on average 5C higher than at the bottom GH and at the new GH I have 2 more hours of direct sun, in wintertime it makes a big difference. At some hours of the day from 3 to 5 pm the difference is bigger and it can be even 10-12C difference
I am honestly impressed at the results in the new GH. it is the first year and I am learning and observing how it does
I am opening more ventilation with 3 extra upper windows and if it is not enough I will change in one of the walls a layer of nylon for a layer of white mesh in order to have a full wallside without nylon and have enough protection from outside flying pollen

I am trying to understand and would like to explain Canna T because he is passionate and I believe he has interesting knowledge to share too, he is pointing out to things we disagree so maybe this is a good chance to put things into perspective because we all have different experiences

Canna T, I understand you are albanian

First thing is for @exploziv
Hey man, I hope you dont mind
I didnt know this, I am impressed
How come Albania, number 1 european ganja producer dont have its own country thread?
I am sure in your local market the weed is albanian as must be in most of Europe
So you have albanian landraces as well and would love to hear about them and their history. Do you know if greek Kalamata made it to Albania? How is it? Is it potent weed?

Canna T, I have the opposite school of most of the people here. I always smoked landraces, never smoked hybrids in real life before growing them and I started growing 5 years ago. For me landraces are better than the hybrids I have tried so far
My dissapointment is not with landraces but with the hybridized low quality stock being sold as sativa landraces which is a completely different thing as you can understand from hybrids. I am not dissapointed with the stock sold as indica landrace, I think a much better work with indicas has been done

I was crossing your area in '88 and '90 through Greece and Yugoslavia before the albanian weed started
At that time the only thing that was available in that part of Europe to me with the people I was in contact with was lebanese hash, the last of it. And according to the years I simply understand that the local grow started when the flows of lebanese got cut in 83 and the stock gone by 1990. I think the First Gulf War was a game changer in the weed world in Europe and Middle East

So no matter if you are in Albania, Moldavia or Moravia, in Europe, it seems you cant grow pure landrace sativa, thats why for you hybrids are better if you like sativa high but you have next door an acclimatized sativa landrace like kalamata so I dont know
But if you claim hybrids are better and you disqualify landraces is because you never smoked real landraces
Sativa landraces have character and personality. A much deeper high and longer lasting

I am finding differences between both sativa landraxes and sativa hybrids
Hybrids are much faster. My favourite hybrids have been the latest flowering ones finnishing in mid may southern hemisphere which would be mid november in Albania like the 16 weeker THH for instance
From this harvest time to the next harvest time I found in weed in the landrace sativas it is at least one month difference.

I find hybrids to have short shelf life kept at room temperature. The peak is at 2 or 3 months and get old and degraded after 6 months
The landraces I held all my life have long shelf life, they get at their peak at 6 months and they are good for years. I admit not all landraces have this quality. Cambodian brick for instance is better if you keep it at the fridge, but the Laos and Northern Thai varieties I had in real life were all long shelf life at room tropical temperature. This feature is gone in hybrids

In the 20th century landrace hashish and marihuana had long cure, 6 months. They were going out to the markets only after that cure. Lebanese hash was good for 6-7 years man. The weed which had been fermented, accidentally or not, has a very long shelf life too like the lebanese hash or indian/nepali charas. In Europe the hash I bought in amsterdam in 2018 was highless, and the charas I got was the worst I smoked in my life

So instead of arguing I would like to know if you have a local Shaqiri's Eagle strain or Eagle Gold or something like that and all the history behind it
Lazarat is Europe's equivalent to Pedro Juan Caballero, please point to links and articles related to albanian weed and give a report. This is going to be a lot more interesting than comparing landraces and the hybrids made from landraces
1688970662480.png

I would respect Shaqiri a lot more if he makes the eagle with the albanian t shirt, not the fucking swiss one
It is like Mbappe playing for France and not for Nigeria or Cameroon

Lazarat is growing under the sun or is grown under lights?
I also found landrace sativas to be very undesirable under lights
Northern Thai 2008 is hermie shit under lights. These are varieties to be grown under the sun only
And I also found some hybrids bred under lights to perform better under lights than outdoors

So I think is very tricky and difficult to claim this is better than the other without having any comparison or any parameter. If you claim that hybrids are better without ever trying a landrace, it is just a prejudice
I was very curious about hybrids and the hyped western varieties I never smoked in my life like skunk and blueberry. You can say I am dissapointed from hybrids
From what I experienced here, the best hybrids which you can find searching on the 5% weed and making lucky crosses with them to have a high similar high matching a medium quality landrace

CannaT

Premium user
exactly chi ,,
more manageable but the high is no where near as good as a good landrace high ,
the opinion of canna t is a bit like folks who think we are at the absolute peak of knowledge ,
and yet we dont know how to build a pyramid like they did thousands of years ago ,
or a wall like the ones in south america which we still have no idea how they did it apart from silly guesses ..

modern hybrids are not better , they are just easier to grow in climates away from where the original landraces once thrived ... they high on them is sadly lacking to those who remember the soaring highs of the past ...
1st my English is not native.
Second I tought that this guy never grow landraces.

I dont think that landraces are worst to western hybrids...cuz western hybrids are plants that capture all positive traits that we found in landraces and we want them in progeny.
Something is lost when we add something thats the way it is in life.

I told while growing Jack also that If people compare OGkush or Cheese with Jack I know why they think that Sensi goes down.

I will share with you my post:
Today strains we are smoking are made from seeds that came from around the globe...Since 60' they are being breed for stronger high and better terps(mostly for purpose of smoking flower)+ various modifications on them with various chemicals to even get better results for desired traits we want.

In fact weed isnt stronger than before...there were also plants that have genetic potential and sometimes they are grown almost to perfection and had in that time also very high procent of thc.

Today with our breeding we set the standards that normal cultivars are very strong and we can choose smell,tastes,bag apeal and type of high we want.
And in today seeds its very easy to find very good cultivar that have desiered traits.

Weed that was grown before was mostly grown outdoors and not to full potential in largest procent it was bad grown,sometimes it was good...and very rear it was perfect or near to perfect...and when you smoke first time as teenager some great pot you will rememeber that high for a life time...as I do.
Mostly while being kid and smoking landeaces I remeber burned spots on my track suits caused of seed that were not propperly cleared from Joint before smoke. 😉

So I think that we Donald think the same just bit in another direction.

CannaT

Premium user
Yes, it is from ILE. At best I can qualify it as collector's item, doesnt look like ganja
I am impressed at the low landrace resistance of this variety, it should stand much better against local fauna
Looks like indoors weed, if it is outdoors it is degraded

I took day off yesterday, today I continue chopping plants
The difference is the temperature at the new GH which is on average 5C higher than at the bottom GH and at the new GH I have 2 more hours of direct sun, in wintertime it makes a big difference. At some hours of the day from 3 to 5 pm the difference is bigger and it can be even 10-12C difference
I am honestly impressed at the results in the new GH. it is the first year and I am learning and observing how it does
I am opening more ventilation with 3 extra upper windows and if it is not enough I will change in one of the walls a layer of nylon for a layer of white mesh in order to have a full wallside without nylon and have enough protection from outside flying pollen

I am trying to understand and would like to explain Canna T because he is passionate and I believe he has interesting knowledge to share too, he is pointing out to things we disagree so maybe this is a good chance to put things into perspective because we all have different experiences

Canna T, I understand you are albanian

First thing is for @exploziv
Hey man, I hope you dont mind
I didnt know this, I am impressed
How come Albania, number 1 european ganja producer dont have its own country thread?
I am sure in your local market the weed is albanian as must be in most of Europe
So you have albanian landraces as well and would love to hear about them and their history. Do you know if greek Kalamata made it to Albania? How is it? Is it potent weed?

Canna T, I have the opposite school of most of the people here. I always smoked landraces, never smoked hybrids in real life before growing them and I started growing 5 years ago. For me landraces are better than the hybrids I have tried so far
My dissapointment is not with landraces but with the hybridized low quality stock being sold as sativa landraces which is a completely different thing as you can understand from hybrids. I am not dissapointed with the stock sold as indica landrace, I think a much better work with indicas has been done

I was crossing your area in '88 and '90 through Greece and Yugoslavia before the albanian weed started
At that time the only thing that was available in that part of Europe to me with the people I was in contact with was lebanese hash, the last of it. And according to the years I simply understand that the local grow started when the flows of lebanese got cut in 83 and the stock gone by 1990. I think the First Gulf War was a game changer in the weed world in Europe and Middle East

So no matter if you are in Albania, Moldavia or Moravia, in Europe, it seems you cant grow pure landrace sativa, thats why for you hybrids are better if you like sativa high but you have next door an acclimatized sativa landrace like kalamata so I dont know
But if you claim hybrids are better and you disqualify landraces is because you never smoked real landraces
Sativa landraces have character and personality. A much deeper high and longer lasting

I am finding differences between both sativa landraxes and sativa hybrids
Hybrids are much faster. My favourite hybrids have been the latest flowering ones finnishing in mid may southern hemisphere which would be mid november in Albania like the 16 weeker THH for instance
From this harvest time to the next harvest time I found in weed in the landrace sativas it is at least one month difference.

I find hybrids to have short shelf life kept at room temperature. The peak is at 2 or 3 months and get old and degraded after 6 months
The landraces I held all my life have long shelf life, they get at their peak at 6 months and they are good for years. I admit not all landraces have this quality. Cambodian brick for instance is better if you keep it at the fridge, but the Laos and Northern Thai varieties I had in real life were all long shelf life at room tropical temperature. This feature is gone in hybrids

In the 20th century landrace hashish and marihuana had long cure, 6 months. They were going out to the markets only after that cure. Lebanese hash was good for 6-7 years man. The weed which had been fermented, accidentally or not, has a very long shelf life too like the lebanese hash or indian/nepali charas. In Europe the hash I bought in amsterdam in 2018 was highless, and the charas I got was the worst I smoked in my life

So instead of arguing I would like to know if you have a local Shaqiri's Eagle strain or Eagle Gold or something like that and all the history behind it
Lazarat is Europe's equivalent to Pedro Juan Caballero, please point to links and articles related to albanian weed and give a report. This is going to be a lot more interesting than comparing landraces and the hybrids made from landraces
View attachment 18863656

I would respect Shaqiri a lot more if he makes the eagle with the albanian t shirt, not the fucking swiss one
It is like Mbappe playing for France and not for Nigeria or Cameroon

Lazarat is growing under the sun or is grown under lights?
I also found landrace sativas to be very undesirable under lights
Northern Thai 2008 is hermie shit under lights. These are varieties to be grown under the sun only
And I also found some hybrids bred under lights to perform better under lights than outdoors

So I think is very tricky and difficult to claim this is better than the other without having any comparison or any parameter. If you claim that hybrids are better without ever trying a landrace, it is just a prejudice
I was very curious about hybrids and the hyped western varieties I never smoked in my life like skunk and blueberry. You can say I am dissapointed from hybrids
From what I experienced here, the best hybrids which you can find searching on the 5% weed and making lucky crosses with them to have a high similar high matching a medium quality landrace
Hi Im not Albanian but have many friends from there and been many times there.
Albanians started growing weed in mid 90s mostly from seeds that Greek sailors give to the people at south of country with greek border its perfect place to cultivate cannabis
from all around the world.
At begining there were crazy strong sativas in Albania that will rip ya head.
Even to people that are used do modern "skunks".
After that when people start to know about Albania seed company owners start to go around and sell hybrids to farmers there.

this the roadtrip story that changed a bit things down there at 25:00 they are in Lazarat.
Closes expirence in Europe to middle east is down there.
But some places in last years are rapidly being built in modern like city centers due to enormous amount of black money.
Good country to visit and very cheap.

Lazarat is gone...and its not so easy to grow there nowdays in whole country.
So people mostly grow auto strains right now in small green houses or close to woods.
Golden era is over there...but its hard to stop it.
Cuz people do that for few decades now.
And country is porest in Europe and corruption is everywhere.

About politics and imigration i dont have something to say...people from pore countries go to rich it was like that since we walk on earth.
😉
Also I think that rich countries dont want to other countries be like that cuz they stole the best minds from all other countries.
Look for exapmle them USA...they took all the best scientis,students...from all around the world cuz they can offer the best conditions to them.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
1st my English is not native.
Second I tought that this guy never grow landraces.

I dont think that landraces are worst to western hybrids...cuz western hybrids are plants that capture all positive traits that we found in landraces and we want them in progeny.
Something is lost when we add something thats the way it is in life.

I told while growing Jack also that If people compare OGkush or Cheese with Jack I know why they think that Sensi goes down.

I will share with you my post:
Today strains we are smoking are made from seeds that came from around the globe...Since 60' they are being breed for stronger high and better terps(mostly for purpose of smoking flower)+ various modifications on them with various chemicals to even get better results for desired traits we want.

In fact weed isnt stronger than before...there were also plants that have genetic potential and sometimes they are grown almost to perfection and had in that time also very high procent of thc.

Today with our breeding we set the standards that normal cultivars are very strong and we can choose smell,tastes,bag apeal and type of high we want.
And in today seeds its very easy to find very good cultivar that have desiered traits.

Weed that was grown before was mostly grown outdoors and not to full potential in largest procent it was bad grown,sometimes it was good...and very rear it was perfect or near to perfect...and when you smoke first time as teenager some great pot you will rememeber that high for a life time...as I do.
Mostly while being kid and smoking landeaces I remeber burned spots on my track suits caused of seed that were not propperly cleared from Joint before smoke. 😉

So I think that we Donald think the same just bit in another direction.
well id say im more of a realist than you , by a long way in fact,
i have no illusions about modern cannabis , or why it is like it is,
its mostly about a quick fix and taste , that looks good in a bag ,
the quality of the high if you can even call it a high , has been lost along the way ,
sacrificed for bag appeal , high thc and ability to grow indoors,

its certainly not the pinnacle of breeding , it simply serves a purpose....

if you refer to thai weed growing outdoors not reaching its full potential ,
you are completely wrong , that is the only place it can reach its full potential ,
and i know you rely on some google information to judge climates ,
personally i prefer first hand experience ,
ive been where thai stick was grown a number of times ,
im well aware of the climate , it s generally very predictable ,
and at least 9 out of 10 , or maybe even 95 times out of 100 ,
possibly more , they get a dry finish , which ensures they reach their potential ,
almost every time ,
the only other variables , are much the same as one would find growing indoors ,
ie , the plants receive the nutrients and water needed to thrive ...

ive been back to try this weed as a mature age adult,
ive also grown it where i live many times, in the tropics in a similar latitude to where i visit in thailand ,
so i know what its like and im not imagining its potential or the quality of the high,
its as good as i thought it was when i was younger , and just as potent ... the high doesnt even compare to most modern hybrids , its miles better ,
the guy you quoted thinks the same , and has smoked some in recent times that is as he tried when he was younger ,
we are not imagining it at all as u suspect , we are not just being nostalgic ,
our experiences are real , and obviously not the same as yours ...

CannaT

Premium user
well id say im more of a realist than you , by a long way in fact,
i have no illusions about modern cannabis , or why it is like it is,
its mostly about a quick fix and taste , that looks good in a bag ,
the quality of the high if you can even call it a high , has been lost along the way ,
sacrificed for bag appeal , high thc and ability to grow indoors,

its certainly not the pinnacle of breeding , it simply serves a purpose....

if you refer to thai weed growing outdoors not reaching its full potential ,
you are completely wrong , that is the only place it can reach its full potential ,
and i know you rely on some google information to judge climates ,
personally i prefer first hand experience ,
ive been where thai stick was grown a number of times ,
im well aware of the climate , it s generally very predictable ,
and at least 9 out of 10 , or maybe even 95 times out of 100 ,
possibly more , they get a dry finish , which ensures they reach their potential ,
almost every time ,
the only other variables , are much the same as one would find growing indoors ,
ie , the plants receive the nutrients and water needed to thrive ...

ive been back to try this weed as a mature age adult,
ive also grown it where i live many times, in the tropics in a similar latitude to where i visit in thailand ,
so i know what its like and im not imagining its potential or the quality of the high,
its as good as i thought it was when i was younger , and just as potent ... the high doesnt even compare to most modern hybrids , its miles better ,
the guy you quoted thinks the same , and has smoked some in recent times that is as he tried when he was younger ,
we are not imagining it at all as u suspect , we are not just being nostalgic ,
our experiences are real , and obviously not the same as yours ...
If we eat the same chocolote probably we would not have the same expirience.
We have different opinions, we are discussing our preferences not some math tasks which cant be different.
So its good ,you like more landraces and outdoor grown.
I like more hybrids from western world and indoor grown.
We agree to disagree.

Nothing personal towards you Donald.
Just different opinions we have.

Its normal that if I like more western weed and indoor grown...that I will have different opinion than you who like landraces and outdoor grown.

👍

But its far from topic of this thread.
Let people discuss different Thai.

You are not more realist than me..you just think that your opinion and expirience worth more than mine.
We dont talk about Math where 2+2=4 so there is only 1 truth.
We talk about our expirience that are made of memories and feelings and other various things that are very changable in its nature.

In this topic no one is right or wrong.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
man if you had been like this before i would have no beef with you ,
but you have gone from thread to thread accusing folks of being delusional because they like thai weed and landraces such as thai ,
saying there is no such thing as good thai weed ,, etc ,
in fact acting like some childish troll ,
and now you decide to be reasonable ,
and accept its about experiences , blah blah blah ,

you are a frustrating person ...

CannaT

Premium user
man if you had been like this before i would have no beef with you ,
but you have gone from thread to thread accusing folks of being delusional because they like thai weed and landraces such as thai ,
saying there is no such thing as good thai weed ,, etc ,
in fact acting like some childish troll ,
and now you decide to be reasonable ,
and accept its about experiences , blah blah blah ,

you are a frustrating person ...
Ok,I think that we can turn the page now Donald.
I have starded 1 thread and soon 2 more will start with one old school Thai hybrid...so will not have time for other things. ;)