What's new

Texting While Walking Banned in Fort Lee, N.J.

Well perhaps that's why the instructor taught us that he would be charged with "Involuntary" (beyond one's control) manslaughter rather then being charged with full blown vehicular manslaughter? The involuntary part kind of acknowledges that the driver couldn't stop in time.

And your point is? The scenario you just described is no less fucked up and unacceptable than the last one you came up with. Just TRY and fucking charge me with a crime for running over some asshole who stepped in front of me. We will hold court in a trailer because your court house will be burnt to ashes. Got it?

plain and simple some people are not multi-taskers and many are just downright dimwits that walk amongst us posing as normal folk. they are obviously a hazard to others as they try to walk and text. Texting & driving is unlawful w/damn good reason in many states and country's; people are killed, innocent people are killed instantly in these wrecks. Banning texting and walking is the next somewhat logical step being taken to reduce accidents and injuries

:fsu:

FUCK YOU

Sorry your panties got in a bunch over than Stoner....I just intensely dislike people who are anti-freedom. The time has come to reject tyranny in this country.

I dare some mother fucking cop try to write me a ticket for texting while walking. I hope the piece of shit can run a 4 minute mile.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry your panties got in a bunch over than Stoner....I just intensely dislike people who are anti-freedom. The time has come to reject tyranny in this country.

I dare some mother fucking cop try to write me a ticket for texting while walking. I hope the piece of shit can run a 4 minute mile.

then you should have said that instead of cussing me out as our first interaction, btw, I checked and texting while walking isn't a protected right or freedom.

are speed limits 'anti-freedom' to you? we wouldn't need speed limits if idiots didn't speed and get into accidents. Texting and driving? Same thing.

and now because some simple minded fuckers who can't chew gum and walk at the same time have caused accidents while texting and walking we'll have laws like this.

you can expect the laws to catch up to technology when deemed necessary.

then you should have said that instead of cussing me out as our first interaction,

What's the difference? Your opinion is shit. Anyone who would hold such an opinion is shit.

btw, I checked and texting while walking isn't a protected right or freedom.

Might want to check again.

are speed limits 'anti-freedom' to you?

Yes.

we wouldn't need speed limits if idiots didn't speed and get into accidents.

Are most accidents caused by speeding?

Do speed limits prevent accidents?

What hugely negative side effects result from having speed limits?

Do the huge negative side effects really outweigh the gains?

Do you think speed limits, as an instrument of government, can be (and often are) corrupted and misused?

Texting and driving? Same thing.

Yes--the same thing. Another way to create a "subclass" of people whose rights can be violated at will. Another excuse to take our freedoms in the name of "safety."

and now because some simple minded fuckers

Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

who can't chew gum and walk at the same time have caused accidents while texting and walking we'll have laws like this.

Right. It's because some people are uncoordinated that we have laws like this. Not because we live in a police state, where everyone is a fucking coward who will throw up their hands in the air and piss their pants the instant "the man" tells them to behave a certain way "for their own good."

you can expect the laws to catch up to technology when deemed necessary.

And you can expect to be lined up against a brick wall and shot along with the rest of the tyrants, whenever the masses finally get tired of you and your fascist buddies always trying to tell everyone how to live their lives.

It's happened many times in history. What makes you think YOU will be any different?

ChumLeeJr

Illegal to text and drive here - almost got sideswiped by texters twice in last 1/2 hr when I went to pu kid from school. And while I'm picking up kid, other kids walking out onto street, into traffic, without looking - while texting.

Seriously - WTF is wrong with people?

Put the fucking phone away - get to where you gotta go, then resume your social life.

Illegal to text and drive here - almost got sideswiped by texters twice in last 1/2 hr when I went to pu kid from school. And while I'm picking up kid, other kids walking out onto street, into traffic, without looking - while texting.

I just want to point out here that texting while driving already IS illegal in EVERY state (it's called distracted driving)....and yet people do it anyway! It's like making pot illegal and thinking if you just arrest enough people and put them in jail, they will stop. Maybe they will but at what cost to society?

The texting problem is not a problem with texting. It's a problem with stupid drivers. People do stupid shit like they do, because the entire fucking society around them is stupid too. Monkey see, monkey do. Want to solve this problem? Well then you gotta make the entire society smarter.....which is simply not possible within the realm of the current system. The entire system is corrupt from top to bottom. Everything people know is based on lies. How can people be expected to be smart and honest when everything around them is dumb and corrupt? We basically need a reboot.

Throwing people in prison fixes nothing. Destroying their lives and productivity with thousands of dollars in fines fixes nothing. Cops with radar detectors and ticket books do not add value to our society, they leech it away.

bChiefing

I just want to point out here that texting while driving already IS illegal in EVERY state (it's called distracted driving)....and yet people do it anyway! It's like making pot illegal and thinking if you just arrest enough people and put them in jail, they will stop. Maybe they will but at what cost to society?

The texting problem is not a problem with texting. It's a problem with stupid drivers. People do stupid shit like they do, because the entire fucking society around them is stupid too. Monkey see, monkey do. Want to solve this problem? Well then you gotta make the entire society smarter.....which is simply not possible within the realm of the current system. The entire system is corrupt from top to bottom. Everything people know is based on lies. How can people be expected to be smart and honest when everything around them is dumb and corrupt? We basically need a reboot.

Throwing people in prison fixes nothing. Destroying their lives and productivity with thousands of dollars in fines fixes nothing. Cops with radar detectors and ticket books do not add value to our society, they leech it away.

laughing.gif

where's the reset button at? anybody gotta a toothpick so i can push it?(its always some small hole on the back of whatever anyways right?)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's the difference? Your opinion is shit. Anyone who would hold such an opinion is shit.

Might want to check again.

Yes.

Are most accidents caused by speeding?

Do speed limits prevent accidents?

What hugely negative side effects result from having speed limits?

Do the huge negative side effects really outweigh the gains?

Do you think speed limits, as an instrument of government, can be (and often are) corrupted and misused?

Yes--the same thing. Another way to create a "subclass" of people whose rights can be violated at will. Another excuse to take our freedoms in the name of "safety."

Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

Right. It's because some people are uncoordinated that we have laws like this. Not because we live in a police state, where everyone is a fucking coward who will throw up their hands in the air and piss their pants the instant "the man" tells them to behave a certain way "for their own good."

And you can expect to be lined up against a brick wall and shot along with the rest of the tyrants, whenever the masses finally get tired of you and your fascist buddies always trying to tell everyone how to live their lives.

It's happened many times in history. What makes you think YOU will be any different?

another 15 year old on the boards. what's the matter? mommy take away your cell phone? can't text your butt buddies???

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
And your point is? The scenario you just described is no less fucked up and unacceptable than the last one you came up with. Just TRY and fucking charge me with a crime for running over some asshole who stepped in front of me. We will hold court in a trailer because your court house will be burnt to ashes. Got it?

Get over yourself internet tough guy. Got it? :rolleyes: Are you really so ignorant as to take a situation where you get a slap on the wrist in the form of probation and risk getting sent to prison for arson? What a fucking moron.

Get over yourself internet tough guy. Got it? :rolleyes: Are you really so ignorant as to take a situation where you get a slap on the wrist in the form of probation and risk getting sent to prison for arson? What a fucking moron.

The only morons are cowards like yourself who bend over and meekly take it in the ass, because you're too fucking weak and stupid to know how to do anything else.

:laughing:

If you don't get why it's important to resist a police state at all costs, then oh fucking well. Enjoy your 2013 reenactment of Nazi Germany and resulting World War.

Another clueless dipshit for the ignore list...

ChumLeeJr

10fyn2r.jpg

I hate those fags. When I say fags, I don't mean to disparage gay men, I mean those greasy, orange, drunken, hag banging, make-up wearing douchebags.

Poster boys for retroactive birthcontrol.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Thank gawd the government is there to protect us from ourselves.
If it werent for the help of the government we might text and walk!!!!
If it werent for the government we might smoke marijuana!!!

Im so glad they know best for us.

HempKat

Veteran
The only morons are cowards like yourself who bend over and meekly take it in the ass, because you're too fucking weak and stupid to know how to do anything else.

:laughing:

If you don't get why it's important to resist a police state at all costs, then oh fucking well. Enjoy your 2013 reenactment of Nazi Germany and resulting World War.

Another clueless dipshit for the ignore list...

Yes please put me on ignore I have totally no interest in conversing with some pussy who is only tough behind a computer screen. Believe all you want about 2013 but it's just a fantasy playing out in your warped pathetic excuse for a brain. Now fuck off you ignorant attention whore.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
What did you guys do without the internet when they put the strike pad on the closed side of the match book and ended the snap and pull beer tab?

HempKat

Veteran
What did you guys do without the internet when they put the strike pad on the closed side of the match book and ended the snap and pull beer tab?

Snap and pull beer tabs were a thing of the past by the time I started drinking (although I mostly drank beer from bottles or kegs) and I've always prefered bic lighters to matches.