What's new

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

ZZTops

Veteran
That 4" gap must of been to much for them to over come, I would defiantly eliminate that so you get a full root ball...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
So how much did you designate as 'budder' material? You do a quick bake on it to make another batch today?

Those little girls look genuinely bushy. :woohoo:

jede3

I've got a quick question for you scroggers. I'm at week 4 of veg, with my screen about 60-70% full, and I was planning on flipping over to flower next week.

Do you guys continue to tuck under the screen after flipping over to flower? I've found some info about continuing tucking under the screen during the first couple of weeks of flowering, and some info stating not to. I can't seem to find a straight answer on this one.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
picture.php

SirSteely

Seems odd that someone would not like this post. Perhaps they don't understand how good LED tubes are. Once brainwashed, hard to reboot

Anyway, T5 COB LEDs are now available in 4 color temps. Looks to be ~ 20w bulbs http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/509736275/COB_T5_Tube_light_LED_Tube.html

Been growing with HOT5s (8 bulb) for ~ 1.5years and have pretty decent results, however, there are 2 main issues that I have with them

1. They need to be replaced more often than advertised (same with most light products)

2. The mercury is a health hazard

Until recently, they were the best option to grow a nice even canopy. Recently leds have become available in 4ft tubes. I added 4 @ 23w ~ 9 days ago in my 2 x 4 x 5 high tent.

Been having issues with this tent's fixture hanging hooks breaking, causing lights to crash into my plants. If I was using HOT5s the bulbs would have shattered, creating a very toxic environment + all that broken glass.

So far I am seeing excellent pistil/bud growth

I expect wattage to increase; COB style tubes are already available

Pics are both HOT5 and LED using the same clones, but in different stages

View attachment 227860 View attachment 227861 View attachment 227862 View attachment 227863 View attachment 227864 [/QUOTE

I was trying to click that I thought this post was helpful and I accidentally hit that I thought it wasnt helpful. ICMAG should allow users to edit their comments or reviews. So sorry PetFlora!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
324w HOT5 v 120w LED (80w tubes + 30w led globes)

324w HOT5 v 120w LED (80w tubes + 30w led globes)

Dried bud pic from my 324w HOT5 grow of the same clones as under ~ 120w of LEDs. 177gm wet (including main stalk) = 24gms dry- minus the stems, so ~ 20gms. OUCH

Comparing trics to same clones harvested under HOT5s (using UVL RedLifes + ZooMed Flurosuns+ Coral Waves), even though the total led wattage is 1/3, trics are more plentiful
at this stage

To say the least I am excited as HO bulbs don't last near as long as advertised, so there's a huge cost benefit with led tubes

My led tubes are 20w per tube. Hopefully new versions will exceed 40w+, but so far 20w/ is doin just fine for my personal use grow

View attachment 230033

View attachment 230034 View attachment 230035

View attachment 230036 View attachment 230037

Last edited:

SirSteely

Hey zz, guys and gals damn the T5 club is killing it!
l Just wanted to drop a tidbit of T5 related info, or opinion...
I used all t5s in 1st grow and now have them in veg area. My veg area slow atm waiting on seedlings and such as I gear up for perpetual operation. So I dropped a 4x4 bank of t5s in my 600w bloom tent as side lighting. I have one OG bush under the 600w and I figured Id pump it extra lumens.
The T5 increased my tent temps by 3 degrees, pushing me to 88*F. OK. But the surface temperature of the t5(sunblaze44) was kinda hot. Hotter than I wanted the internal ballast to have to deal with, I need them for a long time,lol. Moving the t5 away from the 600w (which is air cooled hood) helped but got me too far away from the plant to justify the power use, and it still ran hot. I bet if I had left it in at an effective range it would lose a percentage of its longevity. Just a thought if buying lights now that you want to be able to use later.
Now if the T5s ballast were outside the tent......hmmm

MY OG clone. Its in a 9gallon pot of amended vermifire soil. its been topped, and fimmed and lst'd and its 1st day of flowering, 5 days since flip. its 26" tall and 36" across.
Have fun club.

Attachments

• HerojuanaOG.jpg
    HerojuanaOG.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 12

jede3

Well, round 3 is going good, and I can definitely say I'll be sticking with SCROG method for a good long while. I have two girls this round, at day 10 of flower, one Hashplant and one Alien OG. The hashplant definitely likes the scrog and practically trained itself, but the Alien OG seems to not like it as much. I've had a real hard time getting her to fill the screen.

I'm loving this hobby so much, and try to learn as much as possible each round. I definitely need to lower my screen a few inches, I had to veg for 6 weeks just to get it filled in about 75%, I would ultimately like to cut down my veg time to 4 weeks. This will also be the last time I run some random ass clones from the dispensary. I'm thinking about picking up a bunch of feminized seeds of two or three different strains, and really learn as much as I can about those strains and really dial everything in.

Canopy

Last edited by a moderator:

jede3

My pics aren't showing up right, the only one that linked correctly was the canopy shot. Sorry about that.

jede3

Boy I'll say! The first two are linked to/from, my album.

That was a bit disconcerting.

And they are of AK47s.

That's what it did for me too, just linked directly to my album. Anybody have any idea how to edit that shit? I can't seem to figure it out.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stuff as per usual. I too love the hobby more than smoking. I probably don't smoke 1/2 oz in 6 months

54w HOT5 vs 20w LED Tubes

I am really happy with the led tubes. My WW are ~ 3000K. I think 2700 would be better. Been searching for a place where I can buy 2 at a fair price. I paid $35 per tube and see many on eBay (not as high quality diodes) for $60-80. Outrageous

324w HOT5s I had fatter buds with multiples more and fatter calyxes under my 324w HOT5s using mostly 2 UVL Red Lifes + 2 Zoomed Fluorosuns + 1-2 Wave Point Coral Waves + one UVL Aquasun= a lot more deep red than I have now, hence in search of 2700s.

80w LED Tubes total led wattage ~ 110 led watts! An additional 40w would be ~ 40% lumen increase= a lot more umols/m^2 and possibly give 324 HOT5 watts a run for the money- tubes have come a long way in a short time. Hopefully 30w will be available soon. Looks like panels will be the next move 2 x 2 @ 45-60w! Now we're talkin

~ 5 days ago I added my ufo to one side in hopes of boosting calyxes, but it might be too late

Surprisingly, as of today's pics, the non ufo side has more calyxes and is considerably fuller, BUT I am experimenting with powerful iron magnets surrounding the main stem. Considering everything else is the same, it SEEMs like investing in some magnets is well worth playing with. There is a thread here called magnet experiment

I am thinking to try 6 neodymium mags around each net pot lid for next grow

View attachment 231775 View attachment 231776

View attachment 231777 View attachment 231778 View attachment 231779

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts