What's new

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems odd that someone would not like this post. Perhaps they don't understand how good LED tubes are. Once brainwashed, hard to reboot

Anyway, T5 COB LEDs are now available in 4 color temps. Looks to be ~ 20w bulbs http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/509736275/COB_T5_Tube_light_LED_Tube.html

Been growing with HOT5s (8 bulb) for ~ 1.5years and have pretty decent results, however, there are 2 main issues that I have with them

1. They need to be replaced more often than advertised (same with most light products)

2. The mercury is a health hazard

Until recently, they were the best option to grow a nice even canopy. Recently leds have become available in 4ft tubes. I added 4 @ 23w ~ 9 days ago in my 2 x 4 x 5 high tent.

Been having issues with this tent's fixture hanging hooks breaking, causing lights to crash into my plants. If I was using HOT5s the bulbs would have shattered, creating a very toxic environment + all that broken glass.

So far I am seeing excellent pistil/bud growth

I expect wattage to increase; COB style tubes are already available

Pics are both HOT5 and LED using the same clones, but in different stages

View attachment 227860 View attachment 227861 View attachment 227862 View attachment 227863 View attachment 227864

Last edited:

SirSteely

That's a Big One, Sweet...!

How are you going to run it, all veg then all bloom or divide the tent up into two sections for a veg on one side and a bloom on the other...?

ZZ, I plan to run a couple of start to finish grows in it then once I can get more lights I plan on vegging in another area and tent for bloom only going to eventually go perpetual. That AK-47 and WR look great. I'm waiting on clones from a top supplier , up to a 5week wait ( bought two local club clones to hold me over. A Herojuana OG and a TahoeOg.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 19

SirSteely

That's a Big One, Sweet...!

How are you going to run it, all veg then all bloom or divide the tent up into two sections for a veg on one side and a bloom on the other...?

ZZ, I plan to run a couple of start to finish grows in it then once I can get more lights I plan on vegging in another area and tent for bloom only going to eventually go perpetual. That AK-47 and WR look great. I'm waiting on clones from a top supplier , up to a 5week wait (.

**PLEASE FORGIVE DUPLICATE POSTS**
Me and my iPhone don't jive at times ....

ZZTops

Veteran
ZZ, I plan to run a couple of start to finish grows in it then once I can get more lights I plan on vegging in another area and tent for bloom only going to eventually go perpetual. That AK-47 and WR look great. I'm waiting on clones from a top supplier , up to a 5week wait ( bought two local club clones to hold me over. A Herojuana OG and a TahoeOg.

One Word for You My Friend... REGULAR SEEDS... (Well May Be Two)

F2 those Bitches and be self sufficient...

Fuck the Cuts, Keep it Clean...

SirSteely

One Word for You My Friend... REGULAR SEEDS... (Well May Be Two)

F2 those Bitches and be self sufficient...

Fuck the Cuts, Keep it Clean...

I agree ZZ. I'm in process of acquiring seeds. The clones looked pretty good under a jewelers loupe. Unfortunately I will have to bow out of T5club. I'm dropping in 2 600w lights and putting my T5s into a my veg/mother cab. Thanks for all the help, tips and proving that stealth and quality go hand and hand under T5s. If I could pull 5oz of good buds off of 4x8 T5s on my first grow , anyone can.
Peace

ZZTops

Veteran
High Five SS...

Wishing you the best and hope you stop by every once in a while to let us know how your doing...

:tiphat:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
About 7 days ago I replaced one bulb with a second Coral Wave (2/6). Plants went into rapid finish mode.

I took one out 2 days ago and tric growth has increased considerably

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thought you might like to see the same clones under 4 @ 4ft x 18w LED tubes + 39w of under canopy led globes

IMHO, the future is LED tubes, not HOT5s. Right now they are fine for small growers. I expect them to double in wattage within the year. Also the individual SM diodes are already being replaced with COBs

Lighting flipped on 6/6, tubes added 6/19 & 6/20

View attachment 229005 View attachment 229006

View attachment 229007 View attachment 229008

A

Alone

Great results guys!!! Very nice plants everyone. Even though Ive never flowered a plant under a T-5, I use them for veg and I love them!
I just recently got an 8 bulb T-5 to add to my 4 bulb T-5
The first pics are a female Cheesedog and a male Fuel in veg for 4 months approx.
under just the 4-bulb T-5. I love these lamps!
Cheesedog~
picture.php

Cheesedog and Fuel together under just the 4 bulb. Perfect growth! ~
picture.php

My seedlings under my new 8-bulb T-5 ~
picture.php

picture.php

A GrandoggyPurps with perfect growth structure. Alot better than vegging under HID's.
picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chop Chop 1/2

Chop Chop 1/2

I took 3 decent weight lower branches to a friend neglecting to weight them

117 gms, Pre-trim (not not much in weight there) but with full main stalk and missing ~ 4-6 gms wet

Should come out to a bit over an ounce

The other plant is roughly the same weight, maybe a bit less weight.

Assuming I end up with 2+ ozs, I'll be very happy with my first Hydro Halo endeavor

Keep in mind I put these clones into flower way early, as that room gets very hot. It was only 6 weeks ago that I got the ac on that side fixed, so no increased veg time

Their mother was ~ 43", these barely 2ft

View attachment 229198

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Mind is Blown Root Mass

My Mind is Blown Root Mass

The root pics are from the plant I harvested yesterday (photo in last post) from my HOT5 tent using my version of the Hydro Halo Drip Ring system. I plan to use it in my LED tent next grow

Curious to see how the roots look compared to other methods I have used (bubble & HPA), so I separated the net pot lid from the Air Pot, and noticed that ZERO roots had grown down into the lava rock in the Air Pot!:dunno:

Imagine my surprise to see that this soft ball size mass of totally fluffy root hairs grew a ~ 125 gm wet (not counting roots) plant

Now there was a 4" air-gap between the Lava Rock inside the AP and the bottom of the net pot. We all know roots will grow toward water. The thing is, the water/nutes that cascaded down into the lava rock quickly drained back to the rez, and apparently, the roots had sufficient moisture on the few inches of lava rocks that I put inside the net pot, and simply did not need to grow any bigger.

Next grow I will fill the APs with lava rock, or I may try a new puffed clay type medium:artist:

View attachment 229269 View attachment 229270 View attachment 229271 View attachment 229272

View attachment 229273