What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

ZZTops

Veteran
They were cuts from Mothers I started by seed...

picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some of you may have visited my threads using various commercial leds over the last 3 years.

Prior to that I was an early adopter red/blue ufo led sucker. That bad experience led me to buy a Quantum Bad Boy 432 (8 tube) HOT5 in order to cover a 2 x 4 grow area. And while grows were excellent, annual bulb replacement costs added up fast

Consequently, it has been gathering dust for a couple years, but will soon be back in a tent due to Transcend Lighting providing some of their new 30w hot5 tubes. But don't let the wattage fool you. That said, one can grow a couple sweet plants under 240 led watts when they are properly designed and have cannabis friendly spectrums

I have experimented with ~ 22w T8 led tubes (mixing 5000 with 3000), but they required removing the ballast and rewiring the tomb stone connectors- a RPITA!

Transcend hot5s are a direct drop in (no rewiring/ballast removal)
woohoo.gif

http://www.transcendlighting.com/sto...LED_Tube_.html

Will be getting some soon to expand on my thread

In the mean time, i hope to see you on my other current led thread
[/FONT]