What's new

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It appears that the bud tips nearest the hot5 are still growing, so I'm thinking too much blue from having 2 Coral Waves. These may be best used only a short period each day, but I do not have a separate o/o switch for them. I replaced one with a Quantum Flower and will monitor, as I am otherwise < 10 days from harvest[/FONT]

CaStoner

Growing trees with T5's

Growing trees with T5's

No stretching.
picture.php

picture.php

T

The_Core

week old seedling with a Fluorogrow T-5 Dual Voltage 8 bulb 2 foot T-5.... Not a bit of stretch.
picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Petco is selling Florosuns and other bulbs for $12. Alas , not the Tropic Suns, which I want to mix with my 6500 Quantum grow bulbs

T

The_Core

Petco is selling Florosuns and other bulbs for $12. Alas , not the Tropic Suns, which I want to mix with my 6500 Quantum grow bulbs

I am not too much up to speed with T-5 Bulbs. I know that my rig came with the bulbs. I was looking for 8 bulbs at 3000k for flower and it is a pain in the ass finding T-5's in Europe. Atleast it was for me. I did locate some no name 24 watt T-5s at 3000k for like 7 Euro a piece. Does it matter what name brand I go with? Is there a huge difference?

2 Legal Co

Veteran
A couple of us have been using T5s. We were curious as to the Need to mix, or change the spectrum of the tubes from Veg. to Bloom.

I am now using only 6500K 4' 54watt HOT5s. No change in tubes and no mixing of range. $5 and change each, delivered. 2'ers about the same price.

Best place I could find to buy tubes was 1000bulbs.com. ..... There may be a better cheaper source...... if so please tell me I'm a dummy and tell me where.

I wasn't shopping for Brand names. My concern was the life and the lumens when new. Oh and 6500k or better was on my mind.

Have heard that the T5s lose lumens quickly, but haven't noticed that as a problem, yet.

T

The_Core

I am using 8 bulbs at 6500k for veg right now and switching to 8 bulbs 3000k for flower. I checked out 1000bulbs.com and the prices look good. But living in Europe I have to hunt on ebay.de or amazon.de and have them delivered. Shipping costs, VAT, And duty fees are outrageous buying from the states and having it sent over here. So I am stuck with whatever Europe offers and its not always a win for me. Anyway I don't follow the brand names, same as a lot of people I suppose. The Lumens, The Kalvin rating/scale and the life hours of the bulb are all that seems to matter.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out aquarium industry. I know a German company makes aquarium bulbs. Aquarium bulbs may well be better made than horticulture, plus they are available in wider spectrum choices

While 6500 is fine for veg you want to be below 5000K for flower

If you mix 6500 with ~ 3000 you get a net effect of 4500. Now you can also flower with that, but might want ~ 20% more red (~ 3000K)
. You could achieve that simply by replacing more of the 6500s with more 3000Ks

*** If you increase the reds too soon, your plants will stretch more than you might want

Think of it as an accelorator that you can control

D

DLOC

Hi guys
Nice topic, cool pics, I am really impressed.I am using T5 light too.Let's look into my grow.I am growing two different strains, vanilla kush and critical yumbolt and both start growing from 12/12 light period.

Critical:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kush:
picture.php

picture.php

komboloi

I've got some Afghani and Northern Lights in hand-watered rockwool that I vegged for 36 days under blue spectrum T5HO (4 bulb, 4 ft) and are flowering under red spectrum T5HO (8 bulb, 4 ft). They're growing under a gentle SCROG screen.

As a long-time HID grower, I've been very impressed with the T5HOs for veg, and I'm curious to see how my first attempt at flowering under them works out.

ZZTops

Veteran
The Tread that Would Not Die, Long Live This Tread...!

Sorry I had to bail... Divorce is a Bitch...

Just popped ( 4 /11/14 ) some TGA Vortex ( 2009 Stock ) 10 seeds, 8 popped but 3 stalled so ended up with 5 healthy plants. They're in 1gal pots now with happy Frog soil feeding FloraNova ( 3ml per Gal ) every watering and basking in the light of the T5's...

Going to change it up this time ( seems like I do that every time "-) as I normally do a Screen Of Green Under the T5 Lights ( All 6400K Veg & Bloom ) I have added another T5 / 4' / 8 Bulb Fixture ( 432w Each / 864w Total if needed ) to the mix on the back wall. The fixture is turned on and the bulbs I'm not using are half way turned out and not on, as I move the top fixture I can half turn the bulbs back to light up as I need them on the back wall. So I normally top all my plants for SCOG I'm thinking about not topping these and throwing them into bloom at 10"/12" tall and Finish out at 20"/24" tall and Staked so I can move the plants around and find the males if any...lol

I will take 2 clones off each plant and do a Micro Seed Run, make mothers if any stand out and go from there. Well that's all for now, any Q's or Comments are Welcome and Let The Grow Begin...!

Disclaimer: This is my first run with any TGA Gear and all I know about his gear I have read here and see TGA has his Fans and Haters... So lets let the Mans Gear do the Talking and keep this thread Positive, Thank You...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got A new thread Started At: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285352

R

rüdiger

Hey I'm rüdiger,

I use 6 Phillips T5 HE 840(28w each, ~114cm) in a darkroom 120w (120x60cm, 4x2)
That is <25w square feet, or 15600 lm @ 0,72m².

Its an experimental setup i try the first time.
Its a little confusing and maybe hard to understand what is going on.

I have a grow report in ACE forum: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280913
Its important to read from start.

I dont go for yield, on first hand I want to understand the plant better and make some experiments.

Let me introduce you to little Africa:

rüdiger

D

DLOC

PetFlora, ZZtops, rüdiger Nice show pics !! :woohoo:
I have new 2x warm spectrum bulbs.It's presenting so nice.
I am using mixed spectrum lights at this moment.
I stay with this setup to the end grow.

picture.php

picture.php

cheers

D

DLOC

Hi rüdiger. Plants really love your hand!.They look very healthy and vigorous.What is a strain at photo nr 3 ?Looks like SOG.What period of light do you use ?ALso nice ACE Zamaldelica(Zamal/Malawi F1) seems very rare.

My update:

Vanilla Kush:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace mates

Critical Yumbolt:

picture.php

picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice guys.

Not going to be fair for me to post anymore pics.

I added 2 @ 3ft BML led bars to my 432w hot5s a week ago

I am also in high anticipation of getting their SPYDR600 which I will replace the hot5 with.

The 600 is said to be comparable to a 600 hps. We'll soon see

Drop by my thread to follow along

Latest posts

Latest posts