What's new

Super Malawi Haze

Pédetoddy

Hello Dubi
I bought a pack of 5 Super Malawi Haze feminized seeds.What can i expect growing it outside in lat 19? I'm worried that I would have enough hours of sunlight for good vegetative growth.

Jayded

Look on the r+d page on the site Browntrout and you'll find them.The couple I grew weren't incense,1 was sweet lemon,ginger and liver smelling,other was lime,woody haze smell.There are some heavily resined plants in the X too!

Red October

Thanks for the early smoke report DWD friend ;)

At first I found the Nevil's Haze mother lacking something (especially terpene-wise) compared with A5 Haze mother (which has much more penetrating terpenes), but now with the Malawi outcrosses i'm appreciating each day more (and i think other growers too) the potential and qualities of this Nevil's Haze in hybrids .... Super Malawi Haze (Nevil's Haze x Malawi) is much more uplifting and much more suitable for activities than Killer A5 Haze (A5 Haze x Malawi). The Nevil's Haze mother is indeed great breeding material.

I would love to cross at some point Green Haze #19 and Purple Haze #23 from Oldtimer's Haze line with this Nevil's Haze mother (reversed).
These combinations would produce an almost pure Haze hybrid (90 %) with amazing (yet enough distant) Haze parental plants.
That sounds like like something very interesting. Can't remember actually seeing any of these purer hazes being crossed, I imagine it could be quite spectacular.

Dubi I know there is the R+D section on your site but do you maybe have a page where you talk about future projects or new genetic lines you are considering?

Red October

Good news!

We have released a Super Malawi Haze regular version this year :tiphat:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/ace-seeds/supermalawihazestandard.html

It's the same Nevil's Haze mother from Yo Sammy, but in this case pollinated with 3rd generation Malawi male (brother of Malawi New Killer). Hope some of you have fun with the males of this line ;)
Dubi are you expecting the same phenotype variation from the regular batch as you got with the Fem version? Would really like to get a haze pheno as I've never smoked a real haze before and after reading through alot of information and drama on them too,I am really appreciating the Super Malawi Haze. I plan on keeping clones so a male would be very nice too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Pédetoddy,

Thanks for supporting our work with the Super Malawi Haze fem.
If you plant them in spring under optimum growing coditions and with an increasing photoperiod then they will reach very good sizes.

Btw, how did your Purple Haze x Malawi grow finish ?

Hello Dubi
I bought a pack of 5 Super Malawi Haze feminized seeds.What can i expect growing it outside in lat 19? I'm worried that I would have enough hours of sunlight for good vegetative growth.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yep, Nevil's Haze x Panama fem hybrid was produced in late 2018 and it is listed on the R+D section of our website as Jayded noted:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/r-d.html

Thanks Dubi! sounds like the Panama is key here. Panama x Nevilles Haze would be neat.

Thanks you very much for the feedback :) Would love to see some pics if you have the chance. Thanks Jayded!

The couple I grew weren't incense,1 was sweet lemon,ginger and liver smelling,other was lime,woody haze smell.There are some heavily resined plants in the X too!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Red October,

Our latest works recently produced are listed on the R+D section of our website.
I don't comment much about what we are working at the moment or what we have in mind in short term as i prefer to do it when the job is done.

Yes, Super Malawi Haze reg and fem have very similar phenotypic variation. Thanks for your interest.

Red October

Hi Red October,

Our latest works recently produced are listed on the R+D section of our website.
I don't comment much about what we are working at the moment or what we have in mind in short term as i prefer to do it when the job is done.

Yes, Super Malawi Haze reg and fem have very similar phenotypic variation. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks for the reply, the RD section is exciting enough as it is. Very interested in how the green haze x bangi turn out. I hope they make it to the permanent offerings list

orangina

Veteran
Thanks for the reply, the RD section is exciting enough as it is. Very interested in how the green haze x bangi turn out. I hope they make it to the permanent offerings list

Not done with her yet, but she seems relatively tame for a sativa with such a haze background. The pics are couple of weeks old. I will harvest her in 4-6 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

O

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice macro asdfasf ;) Thanks for the update, glad to see your Super Malawi Haze ripening!

Red October

Not done with her yet, but she seems relatively tame for a sativa with such a haze background. The pics are couple of weeks old. I will harvest her in 4-6 weeks.

View Image
View Image
View Image

O
Thanks orangina, I'm starting to realize my outdoor conditions won't really be preferable after 16 weeks flowering, already bought the SMH and wondering if I can finish off these longer flowering ones under a 600w hps lamp if I do them in pots. A bit of an oversight from me, don't think I even looked at the flowering times as I didn't think they'd be as long to flower as the OTH.....I was really looking forward to them too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Red October,

The Super Malawi Haze rare, late flowering, almost pure Haze expression is not very frequent, the other phenos (whether is the Nevil's Haze or Malawi pheno) are quite tamed and not so long flowering. A good idea would be to do an indoor selection of the strain and select a female of a expression that you like and that you think will finish on time at your latitude and climate.

Red October

Hi Red October,

The Super Malawi Haze rare, late flowering, almost pure Haze expression is not very frequent, the other phenos (whether is the Nevil's Haze or Malawi pheno) are quite tamed and not so long flowering. A good idea would be to do an indoor selection of the strain and select a female of a expression that you like and that you think will finish on time at your latitude and climate.
thanks Dubi, this is something on my to do list, especially for the outdoor plants as space is a bit limited in my garden for areas with sufficient sunlight and I wanted to be sure about the phenos I will be putting into the ground. I've never had haze before and I was really excited about this one so I'll still try and make a plan to see a batch through but probably something for next season.

Thanks for always being so helpful man, it's much appreciated.:friends:

Latest posts

Latest posts