What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Limeygreen,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Pictures would be more than welcome :) Especially those in late flowering.

Glad you found a resinous and high yielding pheno with the terpenes and effects of your taste, reminiscent of the old Nevil's Haze from almost 20 years ago. And happy you are sharing some of your harvest with your loved ones. :huggg:

This sativa hybrid also needs a proper cure of 3 months to show all its best potential.

I will have to grab some pictures, 2 main pheno types to evaluate for me. One stronger nl chemmy haze candy smell, smells great, sticky and monster yield, first time I smoked her it was like nevilles haze of older vintage such as early 2000's imo. Up and strong up fast, had a bit too much and had to lay down for 30 minutes or so then soaring settles in but didn't seem to have much hang over or drag down. Only tried a couple times so will see how she goes.

Other pheno smells like peanut oil grease, seems mild but positive and steady, not as sticky smaller yield but it has something that makes me keep her for now and see.

Other main phenos I found her more flat effect, pole structure and not too interesting for me, gave their harvest to a friend and he seemed happy enough though.

asdfasf

Hey Dubi,
I sprouted one seed of the SMH as well. I will have some nice pictures of vegging plants in a couple of weeks I hope.:peacock:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Smh 2 weeks since 11/13.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Your indoor SCROG looks great chilliwilli, well done ;)
Very happy and healthy plants and great development so far! :yes:
Thanks for the updates!

deepwaterdude

Nice control on that beast, Chilliwilli. Give a girl some rootspace, and she'll thrive;)

Here's my little girl at day 13 12/12. Hope she expands like yours.:peacock:

Attachments

• Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 47
  • SMH day 13.jpg
    SMH day 13.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 43

musigny23

Is this the most haze (wood/incense) smelling/tasting strain in the ace catalog?

My experience is limited but I would say probably not.

I grew 2 SMH plants outside last season and got two very different phenos. One was very hazy and one was not at all. That second I assume was the Malawi dominant pheno.

I also grew one Killer A5 Haze. That has a few common phenos. The one I got was very hazy and similar to the haze SMH plant.

Both can have very hazy phenos so it depends what you get.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi chilliwilli :) Excellent results!

I like a lot the way you tamed the beast, your experience can be very valuable and an inspiration to other growers trying to grow big and long flowering sativa hybrids indoors in small spaces.
Looks like your Super Malawi Haze will finish soon after ripening this last reflowering. :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi browntrout,

Our louder more incensey strains are Haze x Kali China, Kali China, Killer A5 Haze, Malawi x Panama fem, Panama fem, Panama Haze, Panama x Bangi Haze, Panama x Malawi fem and Thai Chi.

and to a lesser degree Oldtimer's Haze/Green Haze, Green Honduras Haze, Guawi, Nepal Mist, Panama x Tikal, Purple Haze x Malawi, Purple Honduras Haze, Purple Pakistani Haze, Super Malawi Haze and Tikal.

Hope it helps.

Is this the most haze (wood/incense) smelling/tasting strain in the ace catalog?

browntrout

Veteran
Hi browntrout,

Our louder more incensey strains are Haze x Kali China, Kali China, Killer A5 Haze, Malawi x Panama fem, Panama fem, Panama Haze, Panama x Bangi Haze, Panama x Malawi fem and Thai Chi.

and to a lesser degree Oldtimer's Haze/Green Haze, Green Honduras Haze, Guawi, Nepal Mist, Panama x Tikal, Purple Haze x Malawi, Purple Honduras Haze, Purple Pakistani Haze, Super Malawi Haze and Tikal.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Dubi! sounds like the Panama is key here. Panama x Nevilles Haze would be neat.