What's new

Super Malawi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the updates asdfasf! Those SMH buds look indeed yummy :yummy:

How were the aromas in late flowering ? Guess you already harvested her, did you have the chance to give her a try ?

justabluez

Veteran
I did not TOP my SMH. Its over 6 feet tall.....oops!!! But Beautiful..... I just wanted to see what it would do naturally indoors under LED......However, I should have TOPPED it!!!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hola a todo,

I've bee admiring all the SMH on here and thought iI'd share some photos i took this morning of my plant.

Ths is my first grow ever in soil outdoors though i have over 29yrs indoor experience.

Ok, so this beautiful young lady was started on 5th may and wa kept a little restricted in a pot; I didn't want to end up with a huge monster!

I've had a little isue with catapillars which is now sorted (i believe) thanks to the kind folks on here.

In the uk, i grew scrog and i'v done something simalar here.

I'd really appreciate it if some of you experienced guys could offer me some advice on further defoliation etc.

I ought to say that i@m in SouthernSpain at 500m. Day time temps are now low 20's (though expecte tp go up again soon) and the nights are into single figures. Plenty of day time sun and lots of wind. The soil has some horse shit dug into it, as well as my home made compost. I'm watering with cannabio flores.

Attachments

• IMG-20201004-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0001.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-20201004-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0011.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20201004-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0012.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG-20201004-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0002.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20201004-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0015.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-20201004-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0016.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-20201004-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0019.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 45

asdfasf

Thanks for the updates asdfasf! Those SMH buds look indeed yummy
yummy.gif

How were the aromas in late flowering ? Guess you already harvested her, did you have the chance to give her a try ?

The aromas toned down towards the end of flowering but still kept smelling refreshingly sweet citrusy / mint. Hard to describe. Really the nicest smell I ever had. Smells like some sort of soft drink or a lemon / mint dishwashing liquid. You can definitely smell pines in there. Maybe like pine-sol floor cleaner? Really complex.

The smoke was incredibly smooth. Does not make you cough at all even without any curing. The high is strong and long. Racy initially and maybe even overpowering and then very stimulating for the rest of the duration. I had some of the resin from scissors. Had me tripping like on a lower dose of mushrooms. Very intense. I was feeling vibrations all over my body. Wasn't surprised it got me so high because this plant is pretty strong to begin with. I knew smoking resin from this plant would be a wild ride.

I think that the resin production is it's most valuable selling point. I had buds curing for a couple of months now and they are still sticky. The plant wasn't even fed any nutrients and was pretty much underfed and came out so good. I can't wait to run it a couple of more times and see how much more I can get out of it once I learn some more.

Absolutely. Looking amazing. How did they turn out? Those yellow stems are very different ;)

Thanks OZZ_. Turned out real good. For me it's definitely the best I had so far. When I smoked it the smell reminded me of amsterdam because that's the kind of smell I smelled around coffee shops there. This right there though was just a test of a single plant from seed. I kept a number of clones and I just started a screen of green in a tent with 6 of these plants. Gave them a lot more soil and they look much darker. Got a good amount of nutrients so they can grow really bushy.

I remember that the real magic started once I flipped them to flowering. That's when they exploded and grew out in size. I'm looking forward for this to happen in my scrog.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I'm looking forward for this to happen in my scrog.

Thanks for yr reply, much appreciated.
Here some pics of a scrog i’m doing currently of the vintage Nevils Haze cutting, the female parental used to create the SMHz at 8 weeks flower:
Room has a 2,4x2,4m surface, 35L pot, 3/4 soil based, 1/4 rockwool & perlite, 1 Gavita 750 DE as basic set-up.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

OZZ_

Veteran
Here some pics of a scrog i’m doing currently of the vintage Nevils Haze cutting, the female parental used to create the SMHz at 8 weeks flower:
Room has a 2,4x2,4m surface, 35L pot, 3/4 soil based, 1/4 rockwool & perlite, 1 Gavita 750 DE as basic set-up.
View Image
View Image
View Image

What a beauty! Thanks for sharing Sammy :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yo Sammy Nevil's Haze mother outdoors

Yo Sammy Nevil's Haze mother outdoors

Looks like i didn't post in this thread pics of Yo Sammy Nevil's Haze, mother of Super Malawi Haze, so here are some for future reference :tiphat:

Attachments

• Nevils's Haze finished outdoors 25th November.jpg
    Nevils's Haze finished outdoors 25th November.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Neville's Haze bud finished outdoors 25th November.jpg
    Neville's Haze bud finished outdoors 25th November.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 134

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for smoke report asdfasf :)

Glad you enjoyed with her complex smells and strong and long lasting sativa effects! :tiphat:

The aromas toned down towards the end of flowering but still kept smelling refreshingly sweet citrusy / mint. Hard to describe. Really the nicest smell I ever had. Smells like some sort of soft drink or a lemon / mint dishwashing liquid. You can definitely smell pines in there. Maybe like pine-sol floor cleaner? Really complex.

The smoke was incredibly smooth. Does not make you cough at all even without any curing. The high is strong and long. Racy initially and maybe even overpowering and then very stimulating for the rest of the duration. I had some of the resin from scissors. Had me tripping like on a lower dose of mushrooms. Very intense. I was feeling vibrations all over my body. Wasn't surprised it got me so high because this plant is pretty strong to begin with. I knew smoking resin from this plant would be a wild ride.

asdfasf

View Image
View Image
View Image
Yeah I just realized I totally don't know what I'm doing haha. Got half your space with almost twice as much soil per single plant and I doubt it will get as big even with 6 of them. How long did you veg this plant for?

I'm not giving up though. At least I'm better prepared than the last time. Will see how this works out second time around. I have been vegging them for 7 weeks now. I wonder if all this extra effort I put in is gonna pay off.
ITBBHvH.png

Last edited:

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Yeah I just realized I totally don't know what I'm doing haha. Got half your space with almost twice as much soil per single plant and I doubt it will get as big even with 6 of them. How long did you veg this plant for?

I'm not giving up though. At least I'm better prepared than the last time. Will see how this works out second time around. I have been vegging them for 7 weeks now. I wonder if all this extra effort I put in is gonna pay off.
View Image

This plant was vegged outdoors from early June to late August and got topped 3 times during this period. To veg it indoors would take to much energy to make it worthwhile.
Indoors I usually put 4 - 5 plants in such room and veg them for about 15-20 days depending on season, topped once, fills the room nicely. The stretch comes after putting them in flower, they will grow extensively first 3-4 weeks, after 6-7 weeks flower they will stop growth to go into full flower mode until 13-14 weeks for the Nevils Haze phenotypes. Malawi pheno’s will be a bit shorter flowering 11 weeks. The rare Haze leaning pheno flowers up to 16+weeks.
I prefer using hydro mediums instead soil mediums. Soil based mediums are dense so it will take longer to establish root volume compared to lighter mediums such as perlite or rockwool. It could be this is a factor at play here. Make sure your temps aren’t chilly at root level, it slows down root development.
Good choice not giving up, no doubt the best is yet to come.
Good luck!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Hombre del mont,

Hope you managed to harvest before the strong rains we are having, terrible weather this week.

Good luck with the new run asdfasf :)

Thanks for chime in Sammy ;)

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi Hombre del mont,

Hope you managed to harvest before the strong rains we are having, terrible weather this week.

Good luck with the new run asdfasf :)

Thanks for chime in Sammy ;)

Hi Dubi, Thank you for your kind wishes!

Ok, The plan was to let the SMH go another couple of weeks, as only one or two trichomes had turned orange. The Goldern Tiger was about a week away from being fully ripe. I'd taken a sample of the GT a week earlier and dried it over 4 days. Even quick dried, it was already very potent and messed up a younger friend of mine after only a single spliff. My wife, who only vapourizes on a tuesday (beach/chilli out day), Tells me, "it's Tuesday" every morning and say's "I'm having the vape".

With the bad weather coming (got here last night), we decieded to bring them both down yesterday. We spent a very pleasant day with the two ladies and now have a good supply of potent, stimulating Maria. I have pictures but i dont seem to be able to upload them anymore: It says something about me exceeding my limit. Maybe it's because i'm a newbie? It's a shame, as some of the colas were huge!, and the pictures of the drying lines look impressive.

The BT Seemed to do the trick with catapillars and we only found a little damage and just one live catapillar. I last sprayed about two weeks ago, so hopefully it wont affect the flavours too much.

I intend to try Malawian style cob drying a few ounces from each of the plants.

I tried the scissor hash last night from the GT and it was very potent.

Dubi, Thank you and your team for your excellant genetics. Once the weeds are fully curred, i'll be back with a smoke report for each. I see on the web site that Zamadelicia is out of stock; will there be more stock in before springtime? I'm even thinking that i might need to get a little tent; There are so many of your strains that i want to grow but only have a very limited space thats secure. SMH, GT are both definate, Buba Hash, Zamadelicia, Panama, the list goes on and on, Just like this post!

I've just had a couple of hits of my wifes vape and am soaringly high! Thank's again!!

Latest posts

Latest posts