What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze

MIGreenman

This is the tallest, most languid of the three SMH. Still very airy, which is fine. Looks very tropical. 6 weeks today, so it is hopefully half-way there. I am closer in this pic so you may better see the bud structure and leaves.

picture.php

Any comments on phenotype?

Question for YoSammy: So that I don't have to read the entire haze thread, could you describe the stone/effect of the haze mother used in the Super Malawi?

I have read a lot about the power and character of the Malawi, but am not familiar with Nevilles Haze or have ever smoked it. I am interested in the haze side of this cross- am very excited to try this.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks my smh

4 weeks old and 10 day in large pot. Did't grow much in small pots but that was quite a soft mix(1 part light mix, 1 perlite and 1 coco). Since the repotting she more than doubled :biggrin:, topped yesterday

picture.php

picture.php

Yo Sammy

Veteran
This is the tallest, most languid of the three SMH. Still very airy, which is fine. Looks very tropical. 6 weeks today, so it is hopefully half-way there. I am closer in this pic so you may better see the bud structure and leaves.

View Image

Any comments on phenotype?

Question for YoSammy: So that I don't have to read the entire haze thread, could you describe the stone/effect of the haze mother used in the Super Malawi?

I have read a lot about the power and character of the Malawi, but am not familiar with Nevilles Haze or have ever smoked it. I am interested in the haze side of this cross- am very excited to try this.

Sure.
Its potency is related to how its grown.
Indoors my style its pretty potent herb, mostly head & cerebral imo.
Initially the high builds towards an uplifting feeling, bit racy, typical strong Haze high which shifts to the darker side when you toke more of her.
It holds both Haze males traits, uplifting heady and a bit extravagant playfulness coming from Haze C but toke her long and it will turn to a more edgy high with the usual noidness.
After a while you can clearly feel that tad of NL giving one a more stoned buzz in its come down.
Terps are nicely balanced, more C dom with darker incense undertones coming from the A side of the spectrum.
Just like the plant is a hybrid, it holds a hybrid potency coming from both Hazes with a bit of the stoney NL undertone.
Hope this helps

MIGreenman

Sure.
Its potency is related to how its grown.
Indoors my style its pretty potent herb, mostly head & cerebral imo.
Initially the high builds towards an uplifting feeling, bit racy, typical strong Haze high which shifts to the darker side when you toke more of her.
It holds both Haze males traits, uplifting heady and a bit extravagant playfulness coming from Haze C but toke her long and it will turn to a more edgy high with the usual noidness.
After a while you can clearly feel that tad of NL giving one a more stoned buzz in its come down.
Terps are nicely balanced, more C dom with darker incense undertones coming from the A side of the spectrum.
Just like the plant is a hybrid, it holds a hybrid potency coming from both Hazes with a bit of the stoney NL undertone.
Hope this helps

Sounds complex and delicious- can't wait to try it. Speaking of- I have one of the three that looks to be more Nevilles leaning. Like the pics in the Ace description, these flowers are pushing red hairs and are more dense-

picture.php

The other two look like this- much more airy-

picture.php

I am interested in reproducing a nevilles-leaning pheno to take multiple clones off, while keeping a mother of the other two.... and I need to do it soon.

Please let me know if I'm on the right track here.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MIGreenman,

Thanks for the updates. Your Super Malawi Hazes are producing really nice colas, nice development. The female in your last post is showing lots of Haze influence.

I think an ec of 1.7 is too much for the start of the flowering with this strain (especially for the more tropical Haze dominant phenos) and this could be causing some of the health problems in your plants.

MIGreenman

Hi MIGreenman,

Thanks for the updates. Your Super Malawi Hazes are producing really nice colas, nice development. The female in your last post is showing lots of Haze influence.

I think an ec of 1.7 is too much for the start of the flowering with this strain (especially for the more tropical Haze dominant phenos) and this could be causing some of the health problems in your plants.

I certainly have found that pushing PK is not a good idea and that these prefer a lighter more balanced flowering nutrient. Since that correction the leaf spotting has not advanced and new growth looks healthy. Overfeeding has definitely been a problem with this strain in particular. The Panama Malawi for example is a very predictable feeder.

The first of the two pictures in my last post would be more Neville's Haze leaning am I correct? I need to clone these asap.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Mi green

The plants are looking spot on. Number one looks gnarly.

Kickarse

Plant out the back is a stonker, gunna yield I reckons.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MIGreenman,

Yes, looks like a Nevil's Haze phenos based on its flowering traits at this point. You are right, Panama x Malawi can accept much better higher levels of nutrients.

I certainly have found that pushing PK is not a good idea and that these prefer a lighter more balanced flowering nutrient. Since that correction the leaf spotting has not advanced and new growth looks healthy. Overfeeding has definitely been a problem with this strain in particular. The Panama Malawi for example is a very predictable feeder.

The first of the two pictures in my last post would be more Neville's Haze leaning am I correct? I need to clone these asap.

MIGreenman

All the SMH look like incredible smoke, but I am hoping plant 2 will be the 85-day Neville pheno.

Thank you for the comments- I have looked more closely and have decided that almost everything in the garden is being over-fed!
I am finding higher runoff ec numbers than I would like, so I will run a light nutrient mix through them to flush them all out a bit and then top out at about 1.5 e.c. These threads are incredibly helpful.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I will have to grab some pictures, 2 main pheno types to evaluate for me. One stronger nl chemmy haze candy smell, smells great, sticky and monster yield, first time I smoked her it was like nevilles haze of older vintage such as early 2000's imo. Up and strong up fast, had a bit too much and had to lay down for 30 minutes or so then soaring settles in but didn't seem to have much hang over or drag down. Only tried a couple times so will see how she goes.

Other pheno smells like peanut oil grease, seems mild but positive and steady, not as sticky smaller yield but it has something that makes me keep her for now and see.

Other main phenos I found her more flat effect, pole structure and not too interesting for me, gave their harvest to a friend and he seemed happy enough though.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
My killer A5 and Super Malawi haze sprouts aren’t looking great. Need to figure out the issue. It’s been interesting reading the Nevil haze thread started by hempy. So many opinions, but I trust Ace and these Yo Sammy crosses seem as close to those old Nevils genetics as what is available. I have no doubt plenty of gems in these genes. Good luck all.

Tangwena

Veteran
All the SMH look like incredible smoke, but I am hoping plant 2 will be the 85-day Neville pheno.

Thank you for the comments- I have looked more closely and have decided that almost everything in the garden is being over-fed!
I am finding higher runoff ec numbers than I would like, so I will run a light nutrient mix through them to flush them all out a bit and then top out at about 1.5 e.c. These threads are incredibly helpful.
They will fill out even more after that nice plants man.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
My smh 6 weeks old. Did a lot of lollipopping and defoliation and topped once 2 weeks ago. I'm sure it could be done better but i'm new to scrog.

picture.php

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
You will need those to veg for a good while to fill up the screens. With sats get about 40-50% screen filled and then flip.

Latest posts

Latest posts