What's new

Stainless Steel Fittings

flatslabs

Thanks! I just talked to them and I'm going with the SS-RL3M4-S4-EP so I can go below 0F unless someone tells me that material will leach something into the oil. The one with FKM only goes down to 0F. Thanks for the response and good luck with the fitting!

EP(DM) is not compatible with most solvents and hydrocarbons. For butane, the cole parmer chemical compatibility guide gives it "D = Severe Effect, not recommended for ANY use", FKM is a type of Viton.

Snype

Veteran
EP(DM) is not compatible with most solvents and hydrocarbons. For butane, the cole parmer chemical compatibility guide gives it "D = Severe Effect, not recommended for ANY use", FKM is a type of Viton.

Shit! Good thing you guys are so smart! I'll have to change the order to SS-RL3M4-S4-VI then. Thanks for the info!

cerkilr

Swaglok has a special pressure relief valve designed with help from GW for our use. Check GW's old posts for the part number. I think it has an added check valve to help deal with vacuum.

cerkilr

im just wondering if anyone has any custom fittings they would like seen made for what we are doing, like chonkski said i need fitting for my drier, my father in law has a machine shop, asked him to make me a few ss fittings just wondering with all the different stuff people use if more fittings are needed??

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Attachments

• Swageloc pressure relief 001.jpg
    Swageloc pressure relief 001.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 14

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im just wondering if anyone has any custom fittings they would like seen made for what we are doing, like chonkski said i need fitting for my drier, my father in law has a machine shop, asked him to make me a few ss fittings just wondering with all the different stuff people use if more fittings are needed??

A 1/4" SAE female flare to 3/8" and 1/2" male JIC would be valuable scores.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A 3/8 npt to 3/8 flare in ss, can't find ?

Lots of 3/8" NPT X SAE or JIC, but I wish to change 1/4' SAE flare to 3/8" JIC male in one fitting at the vacuum pump or tank fitting.

cerkilr

A 1/4" SAE female flare to 3/8" and 1/2" male JIC would be valuable scores.

First two i will produce:

1/4" SAE female flare x 3/8 male JIC 304SS
1/4" SAE female flare x 1/2 male JIC 304SS

let me know if anyone else would like to see something. I am gonna have him look at this pressure relief valve maybe we can get the cost down.

Sunfire

Veteran
Damn dude your a bad ass. Can he work ss and put triclamp ferrules on? I got a few ideas that would be sweet!

Female flare to anything in ss would be nice to get the costs down on!

cerkilr

i was talking to him last night, he said no problem told me to come down to the shop late this week so if we can get a nice list together it would be a plus. as for the ferrules. it can be done, he would just have to draw the ferrules first, then we should be able to add to just about anything to the other end. I know he can make pretty much anything we can come up with. just give me a few ideas and i will see what we can do.

cerkilr

and a Google search shows the drawings for the ferrules are already available, that will make it pretty easy. Huge plus.

Sunfire

Veteran
Why not just start with pre-made triclamp ferrules and weld onto those. Can he do all ss welding and a nice polished finish?

cerkilr

i didnt ask him about that. i will run it by him. i just assumed we could make it as one whole machined piece. what do you have in mind?

Sunfire

Veteran
Well yeah one piece would work. Well one idea is a filter plate that has multiple screens of different meshes inside one spool for its easy to take off and clean screens, still figuring that one out.

Another idea is an end cap for the top of the material spool that is bowl shaped and goes to a female 1/2" npt. The bowl shape will take more advantage of the surface area of the screen gasket and be shorter then the currently 3 end cap reducers I have now for that. Less clamps and gaskets altogether as well. It would be sweet if inside that bowl there was a diffuser of some sort that spread the top wash flow out over the entire 4" diameter of the spool. The diffuser design would have to be fine with having bottom flood pushing past it backwards though as well.

cerkilr

Well yeah one piece would work. Well one idea is a filter plate that has multiple screens of different meshes inside one spool for its easy to take off and clean screens, still figuring that one out.

Another idea is an end cap for the top of the material spool that is bowl shaped and goes to a female 1/2" npt. The bowl shape will take more advantage of the surface area of the screen gasket and be shorter then the currently 3 end cap reducers I have now for that. Less clamps and gaskets altogether as well. It would be sweet if inside that bowl there was a diffuser of some sort that spread the top wash flow out over the entire 4" diameter of the spool. The diffuser design would have to be fine with having bottom flood pushing past it backwards though as well.
Sunfire
I would love to work on this with you, lets make it happen.

Sunfire

Veteran
The bowl shaped end cap is actually an idea I ripped off from sean at ecogreen but he won't return my calls and I'm sure he has no patent, so fuck it, right? The internal diffuser was my idea though. Ok let's figure out the filter plate idea. I think all we need is the right size gaskets inside to sandwich all the screen together. I know where to get ss mesh down to 5 micron which is more than a fresh coffee filter will do.

Snype

Veteran
Anyone know where else besides Glacier to get 6"x6" welded bottom spools? Glacier is sold out for at least another month. Glad that I was able to order as many I did last month but I need more.

Latest posts

Latest posts