What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Diesel Vs. New York City Diesel

sota

Still relevant. Never give up, never let go.

I hope seven years from now we'll still be posting
about it.

...yes, I don´t think it is boring.
the image shows a nycd, grown under cold conditions - 63Watt led from HGL.
The smoke is very euphorical and social but also really strong!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I smoked NYCD 1x in Mass. Scored a $20 sack. It was some serious PIFF! Pure spicy grapefruit funk.
I loved it! Never seen it again. Too bad, cuz I really wanted to order seeds but after all the talk about it, theres no chance I would waste the grow space on an unknown mess of a strain.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
nycd by soma it's with chem91/original diesel (bagseeds...and now if u buy soma nycd u can find only poor f2 with a lot of haze's genes..).meat/motoroil/diesel smell...the fuzz by bodhi it's a great choice for a chem91 cross..
sourd diesel ibl by rezdog it's with ecsd:anise/grapefruit/sour ultra loud.now u can find a good f2 by zen seeds(dansk diesel)..but i prefer triple deez by cabin fever(sour turbo mota x black diesel advanced).

kilacaLIbud

sour diesel is the best imop .. its taste .. and smell are remarkable .. nothing can beat it .. and the crops are super if u do it right .. they crown very nicely and produce alot . i have a greentree setup flood buckets and i use house and garden a and b aquaflakes with a ton of mad farmer MOAB at the end and they love it

KONY

Veteran
There is a pheno of NYCD that kinda taste like black cherry.... that pheno would stand its ground next to ECSD any day of the week.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
There's sour diesel and then there's NYC sour diesel. NYC sour diesel has a recent Afghani parent and the regular sour diesel always has Palish leaves that are pointy and its smoke is really sativa. Nyc sour diesel is awesome, get it once in a while when they have it, next time stocking up

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
There is a pheno of NYCD that kinda taste like black cherry.... that pheno would stand its ground next to ECSD any day of the week.

Good to know about the black cherry pheno.

I have a nycd x sensi star that I crossed with an old
seed from 1979.

Lots of cherry in the F1, and in the F2 seeing some
lemon diesel of the sensi star.

Glad to know where the cherry comes from, thanks!

sota

Unfortunately I had no opportunity to test sour diesel. but the NYCD is a top variety. odor, color and high are outstandig. But the absolute best quality of the high and the lowest yield (unfortunately) I found in old asian landrace.
I currently run a NYCD x asian old landrace. the plant is dark green and the buds smell like parfüm�� hope it will be a worthy F1.

FredTheWeed

Love em both! The sour Diesel I've had is really good smoke on or prior to a night out at a gig, raving or watching a band. Nycd For a night in watching movies (a good comedy)

wordsux

Wasn't impressed by nycd.. growing up in ny makes me a bit of a diesel snob. Smeled the nycd but was not impressed. Was in denver the other week and made a point to check out the diesel in every dispencary and can't say any of it was particularly good. Just got back east and first order of buisness was to snag a sack of diesel. It was sweet diesel (sour d x og kush) and it blows anything I checked out, out of the water. Got that lemony kushy smell plus the diesel. Stinks up the whole damn place. Had to put it in a vac jar to contain it and cure it a bit more.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Triple Diesel Clone-only

Triple Diesel Clone-only

<---10g shatter - - - - - - - -

ECSD X NYCD (Chem version) X Strawberry Diesel

Dr.King

Veteran
I really enjoyed Green Houses Chemdog. Cross between Sour Diesel and OG Kush. Amazing taste and high which really last for a long time. The 2 Phenos I got were both more diesel then sour. Maybe I'll find a more sour one with the 4 I'm currently doing. They both had heavy yield.