What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Diesel Vs. New York City Diesel

I say i like the sour diesel more than nycd. Sour diesel smell, taste & high is quite unique n good. Nycd smells good looks good but a mediocre high. I thought that it was because of the sativa and i usually favor indica but idk i just thought overall the nycd was a waste of my money..

buttyrekka

ECSD= a filthy dirty sweaty stinkin bitch of a plant,smells like sour diesel,fat yields and a truly thunderous stone...5*****'s
NYCD(soma's cut)= medium yield/sour ripe red grapefruit taste a truly wonderous pallete.
a moderate stone/high..1.5 hour duration of high/stone...great weed!!!
NYCD (from seed) utterly random ....somas work has varied massively from the early release's....and it's a utter shame...

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
bustedb4cup.jpg

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I got a cut of Sour Diesel (unknown origins), last fall. I've now grown out 4 small plants of it (about 1 1/2 gallons).

I'm very happy with the results. This one's a bit on the 'High' side. My favorite daytime herb is AK47, and this SD is right beside it as of now.

The few who have tried what I cut were liking it as well.

I dusted with some old AK47 pollen, hope it was good. We'll see what comes of it. Nothing much lost if it's not stellar. I'm holding the Pheno, anyway. This one's got lighter green leaves, compared to the Ak47 and White Russian, anyway. Nice vigorous growth, with blooms pretty much all the way up the stems. Good frost, but lots of leaves to trim. Trim makes good canna budder cookies! That's a win win, in my book.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran

NYCD also = a Chemdog variation. It just is. Someone did a name change, or mislabel. Stoners.

I like SOMA's grapefruit-flavored, hairy Sativa version, when I find a good example of it in AMS. Which is not easy anymore, but a GREAT Wake and Bake variety.

Whatever is in this beast I have is NOT that. There are plenny pics of the NYCD I am referring to online. Or, just look at the Triple D, it looks a lot like it.

Psi Haze

NYCD also = a Chemdog variation. It just is. Someone did a name change, or mislabel. Stoners.

NYCD and Chemdog are NOTHING alike.. NYCD has a wonderful and almost fuel-like taste, I know every time I smoke the NYCD of what it is. The Chemdog, however, is completely different with a slightly lemon taste, different genetics, different appearance, ect..

Sorry buddy, here in Cali, if you say Chemdog and NYCD are the same thing, you will not earn much respect and 99% of the growers are going to cringe when you say stuff like this. I imagine most would immediately say, "someone mislabeled YOUR batch and now you think NYCD and ChemDog are the same."

:comfort:

NYCD:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
NYCD and Chemdog are NOTHING alike.. NYCD has a wonderful and almost fuel-like taste, I know every time I smoke the NYCD of what it is. The Chemdog, however, is completely different with a slightly lemon taste, different genetics, different appearance, ect..

Sorry buddy, here in Cali, if you say Chemdog and NYCD are the same thing, you will not earn much respect and 99% of the growers are going to cringe when you say stuff like this. I imagine most would immediately say, "someone mislabeled YOUR batch and now you think NYCD and ChemDog are the same.

All I know is the Green House Seeds Chemdogs I grew out were super lemony with a nice fuel taste. I will admit the appearance is completely different. However the genetics which make up Chemdog are fact as the breeder posts so. It's a female Sour Diesel mixed with a OG Kush Male. It's posted here: http://www.leafly.com/hybrid/chemdawg Spelt differently depending on the breeder.

Very nice NYCD by the way. Must taste delicious!

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
How interesting.

Beating a dead horse is NO fun at all...

But I will say this with certainty... Rez is not Chem.

Further arguing over this ridiculousness will only bring about the shuttering of this valuable thread.

Blustering gets one nowhere when speaking to one who know the truth.

As Buddha says somewhere, 'you gotta let that shit go man.'

stasis

Veteran
Sorry Payaso. I am being cased out by quite a few envious people of late. I will try to be more patient.

Psi Haze, you ARE correct, but the reality is what is out there. I agree that mislabeling and name-changing are awful for an already willy-nilly industry. I have always been adamant about correct names, but it happens. The NYCD I refer to is part of a Tri-Hybrid I am blessed to have. It is a very popular cut in Colorado, and is probably "NYCD" dominant. But, not SOMA's D.

FACT: Someone had a Chemdog variant and called it NYCD. People mix up the Soma strain and ECSD name all the time.
I know well what Soma's NYCD (sativa) is. Grapefruit, red haired, typical sativa. Lovely wake n bake variety, IMHO.
Been in Da Dam on reconnaissance trips over 12 times in 20 years. Deep research you may say.

I "lived the dream" (sarcasm intended) in NorCal for over a decade - growing the original Chemdog cut to awards and positive strokes BIG TIME.
I know the "line."

Now, in another med state, cause CA is for Rich People or Poor. I am not the former, and avoiding the latter. It's no fun scrambling.

Even though the NorCal scene is not always known for being civil, I'm solely trying to simply cull the chaff from the facts.

Psi Haze

Thanks Payaso, I will respect your opinion and not state my ideas even if I have lingering concerns. :)

I "lived the dream" (sarcasm intended) in NorCal for over a decade - growing the original Chemdog cut to awards and positive strokes BIG TIME.
I know the "line."

Even though the NorCal scene is not a;ways kn own for being civil, I'm solely trying to simply cull the chaff from the facts.

Where are you local? Colorado? It sounds wonderful. What are your limits, if you care? :) And as for bluster, well, seems like the tail is wagging the dog. ;)

Stasis, I understand, but i didn't notice anyone "chasing" anyone.. Seriously, the whole NYCD and Chemdog being "variants" of one another, as you stated, I thought was a wack idea, dude.. I`m NOT going to hammer anything and will respect you opinion but if NYCD and Chem are variants, then what is Chem91'.. i`m more than happy to entertain your opinion on the origins of Chemdog, Chem91, NYCD, and Sour D.

:rasta:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i`m more than happy to entertain your opinion on the origins of Chemdog, :rasta:

we all know where chemdog came from... when everyone was buying weed for 50/75/100 bucks an oz, 'chemdog' bought his oz for 500bucks and found x-amount of 'magical' seeds... he must have bought them from jack...

the only word that comes to mind is bull$hit

stasis

Veteran
< Chemdog Cut
<-- Triple Diesel (ECSD x "NYCD" x Strawberry Diesel)

Original Chemdog "91" = THIS (winner of many awards in MDO Coastal). The cut was already 17+ years old when I first grew it in 2005.
I was admittedly an advanced beginner at best - back then. One of the live-plant pics shows that.
But, good genetics can save ya..!
I'm not the only one to have had this, but THIS Is the one. People said I was the first in the area I grew in to have this cut.
I worked like a slave for 1.5 years for little or nothing and then "we" agreed to fire each other. Given the cut with their blessing.
I took it from there. SF Clubs ate it up for a while, for nice ticket rates. (4800+) Everyone knows the story.

Started a literal shitstorm when I shipped myself an oz of Greenhouse-grown to AMS for HTCC and shared it with many. 2006.
According to Derry and other "luminaries," it was the first time that they had tried the Chem. Made a few good friends, and some I could have done without. jaja.

Dr.King

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8594&pictureid=231335&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8594&pictureid=231336&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8594&pictureid=231337&thumb=1]View Image[/url] < Chemdog Cut
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58317&pictureid=1364711&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58317&pictureid=1367241&thumb=1]View Image[/url] <-- Triple Diesel (ECSD x "NYCD" x Strawberry Diesel)

Original Chemdog "91" = THIS (winner of many awards in MDO Coastal). The cut was already 17+ years old when I first grew it in 2005.
I was admittedly an advanced beginner at best - back then. One of the live-plant pics shows that.
But, good genetics can save ya..!
I'm not the only one to have had this, but THIS Is the one. People said I was the first in the area I grew in to have this cut.
I worked like a slave for 1.5 years for little or nothing and then "we" agreed to fire each other. Given the cut with their blessing.
I took it from there. SF Clubs ate it up for a while, for nice ticket rates. (4800+) Everyone knows the story.

Started a literal shitstorm when I shipped myself an oz of Greenhouse-grown to AMS for HTCC and shared it with many. 2006.
According to Derry and other "luminaries," it was the first time that they had tried the Chem. Made a few good friends, and some I could have done without. jaja.

Triple Diesel looks so delicious, best it taste,smells and smokes like a true champ. That GHS Chemdog cut you posted looks almost exactly like the 2 GHS Chemdog fem seeds I grew out 2 years ago. It's still on my top 10. Ace seeds Malawi is my #1 but have yet to test their Oldtimers' Haze and Green Haze I've got growing atm. Still 2 months left on them.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
You guys have it all wrong. I am pretty sure the "nycd" from the op is really ecsd. I the sour d is more fruity more citrus sour. The ecsd is straight fuel super potent and extra loud. I'm sure that is the one the would have made it to Cali because it truly is exceptional.

Psi Haze

You guys have it all wrong. I am pretty sure the "nycd" from the op is really ecsd. I the sour d is more fruity more citrus sour. The ecsd is straight fuel super potent and extra loud. I'm sure that is the one the would have made it to Cali because it truly is exceptional.

Yup, I agree... I think Soma started calling it NYCD when he introduced it to his seed line.. Damn near everyone smokes herb in NorCal, it would be stupid not to introduce fine genetics.

"straight fuel super potent and extra loud" as you put it, is hell and gone from the lemon Chem and OGs.

and for Chems story of his Chemdog.. hahahaha... right.. Although, some fucking killer herb has originated from bag seeds. :rasta:

The Cannabis Clubs (between the bay and mendo, to Tahoe) were a hit and miss 15 years ago.. You might find gold and you might find shit... Originally, "Chemo/Chemotherapy" was the name for the real "Chem" due to it's narcotic effect and sedation. In the early days of medical cannabis (early to mid 90s), certain strains, mainly indicas, were sought for their medicinal qualities. Since no body hit that name, I assume they have another imposter which they try to pass off as the original. Or, as they simply state, "mislabeled by stoners".. again, I say bullshit.

instead of Elvis..

:bis:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
But ECSD is way better in every department than NYCD... Once you have tried the clone, there is no comparison of the two. It is like comparing Michael Jordan to Serena Williams.... Both elite athletes..... But come on...

I think anyone on the east coast thats half way serious, would want her 80+ day azz. The smell alone is worth it. I would imagine that she's not just sitting there doing nothing all that time, so the yields gotta be up there. My rp sour takes 10 weeks, but I would replace it with aj's cut at a drop. Just my honest thoughts