What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbonez

Veteran
Whoops, glad I kept those seeds cuz I cut her down lol, you were right bro, not dense at all, but she is pretty.. I'll pop those other six damnit lol

Jbonez

Veteran
ChemD (Homebrewer, one of my newer chemd's that went in has a small bit of variegation) lol....

picture.php

Super Snowdawg
picture.php

Grape BrainRape (drying still, this cross is lethal..)
picture.php

DrFever

Veteran
Hey J you got any pics of the girls you defoilated would like to see how there doing and what stage of growth are they in ????

Jbonez

Veteran
Hey J you got any pics of the girls you defoilated would like to see how there doing and what stage of growth are they in ????

Just the group shot a few pages back, I just do it through out veg, and Ill hit em after the stretch is well over with..

BldSwtTrs

How much are you defoliating in veg? I know thats a tough question, but like what percentage of the plant are you hitting?

I am really thinking of trying this...

Jbonez

Veteran
honestly just pulling all the fans with stems letting em fill in and take back off then do it again or to keep em a certain height, they fill in at every node with a new grow tip like a vine all the way up..

D

DHF

honestly just pulling all the fans with stems letting em fill in and take back off then do it again or to keep em a certain height, they fill in at every node with a new grow tip like a vine all the way up..
In your honest opinion , how long is the recovery process before they bounce back J......and......

Do you strip em all at once and then let em bounce back then do it again ?......anyways......I know recovery time`s faster in veg , and trimming laterals while getting rid of sucker branches never stalled my plants at all when they were pruned and shaped before bein put in the flip rooms and blastin off during stretch.........so.......

Just tryin ta wrap my head around the process so the community as a whole can learn as well if it`s viable and works consistently.........but....

There`s gotta be a recovery period if yas strip em all at once and that`s where my concern is as far as how much time does it add to the veg/pre-veg process before the plants are big enough ta be flipped......anyways.......

Frosty the snowman`s been ALL up in yo closet sprinkling that sugar coating on dem bitches.......Keep up the good work Bro.......

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.......

Jbonez

Veteran
In your honest opinion , how long is the recovery process before they bounce back J......and......

Do you strip em all at once and then let em bounce back then do it again ?......anyways......I know recovery time`s faster in veg , and trimming laterals while getting rid of sucker branches never stalled my plants at all when they were pruned and shaped before bein put in the flip rooms and blastin off during stretch.........so.......

Just tryin ta wrap my head around the process so the community as a whole can learn as well if it`s viable and works consistently.........but....

There`s gotta be a recovery period if yas strip em all at once and that`s where my concern is as far as how much time does it add to the veg/pre-veg process before the plants are big enough ta be flipped......anyways.......

Frosty the snowman`s been ALL up in yo closet sprinkling that sugar coating on dem bitches.......Keep up the good work Bro.......

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.......

Honestly Freds, they can take up to a week to really take off again, maybe not quite that long but I run low powered lighting and, sure the new growth is far more uniform, but those with restricted or limited veg time will "possibly" suffer imo.. I have no real concerns as of right now with veg times, but I dont want to create the perception that this coming at no cost, they need to recover properly and so far, Im SERIOUSLY thinking of a co2 enriched veg room with HID lighting to up the anti and get these gals CRANKING out the grow tips..

With two months to veg with before I throw em in, I have 8 weeks on average to veg with, so when people see my small defoliated plants going into bloom, those would have been twice the size easily of the same plant not defoliated.. I think the defoliated plants flower better, or more uniformly, but thats an opinion..

C

cyber echo

Very nice thread & work JBonez..
LOL @ the idiot that neg repped your first post.
Haters gonna hate I guess.

BldSwtTrs

Honestly Freds, they can take up to a week to really take off again, maybe not quite that long but I run low powered lighting and, sure the new growth is far more uniform, but those with restricted or limited veg time will "possibly" suffer imo.. I have no real concerns as of right now with veg times, but I dont want to create the perception that this coming at no cost, they need to recover properly and so far, Im SERIOUSLY thinking of a co2 enriched veg room with HID lighting to up the anti and get these gals CRANKING out the grow tips..

With two months to veg with before I throw em in, I have 8 weeks on average to veg with, so when people see my small defoliated plants going into bloom, those would have been twice the size easily of the same plant not defoliated.. I think the defoliated plants flower better, or more uniformly, but thats an opinion..

Yea there has got to be a happy medium of defoliating vs veg time. I totally agree that there must be some advantages to defoliating in veg.

Has everybody checked out the massive defoliation thread?

I know the guy that started it take EVERY fan from rooted cut all the way through harvest and has impressive numbers... but... he is growing on small scale with super reflectivity and might achieve those numbers anyway.

Damn I think I am going to try this...

Mister_D

Veteran
, Im SERIOUSLY thinking of a co2 enriched veg room with HID lighting to up the anti and get these gals CRANKING out the grow tips..

Do this! This is one of the reasons all of my rooms (veg & flower) circulate air between them. Veg plants go nuts with proper temps (80-85 deg), humidity (70%), and co2 (800-1000ppm) :biggrin:.

Yea there has got to be a happy medium of defoliating vs veg time. I totally agree that there must be some advantages to defoliating in veg.

Has everybody checked out the massive defoliation thread?

I know the guy that started it take EVERY fan from rooted cut all the way through harvest and has impressive numbers... but... he is growing on small scale with super reflectivity and might achieve those numbers anyway.

Damn I think I am going to try this...

IME if you don't remove more than ~30% of the plants total leaf mass in any one defoilation session, most plants won't stunt at all. Defoilate 1-2 times per week max, depending on plants reaction.

Jbonez

Veteran
Really hoping to see 4oz dry off this one chemd... 8 of these around a single six would put me at two lbs.. 1.49 gpw..
picture.php

hempyftw

Wow!!!

Wow!!!

Looking nice and fat!

Will he ever monocrop? Can such a person with so many unique flavors and blends, ever just pick one?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jbonez again."

Maybe if you just get enough rooms, you can just mono crop each strain in a different room!

Either way, keep doing whatcha doing.

Jbonez

Veteran
Im getting a larger Veg setup so I can really veg the plants at max speed, but Im gonna take my biggest yielders and just do one side monocropped with the other side having 8 diff varieties at all times.. Just a matter of time before things fall into place, Im moving the grow out of the closet soon and into something a little less permanent in one of my rooms.

RG, I cut that purple cross down, shes a super airy bitch but she is dank, just dont have time to play with her with so many other cuts lol..

unspoken

That's kind of what I'm doing with my setup on the next run. One table under a 1k with a sog monocropped with my biggest yielder, and one table under a 600 with a bunch of new seeds on it.

hempyftw

IC

IC

Im getting a larger Veg setup so I can really veg the plants at max speed, but Im gonna take my biggest yielders and just do one side monocropped with the other side having 8 diff varieties at all times..

Great minds think alike? I just upgraded my cfl's in veg for 600 mh. I think vegging under the bigger light will help quite a bit, getting the plant ready for the show. I've seen plants get stressed when moving from 125w cfl to 1k W hps.

Pffff who doesn't hit 1.5 gpw like all day? *I sure as f don't*

Love to hear your getting some more room to play with.

How long did you veg that chemd? Looks huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts