What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unspoken

What? To a commercial grower those numbers are sexy enough to make me blow my load... if 840 induction watts are comparable to 1000 HID watts I will be switching over immediately...

16% energy savings in lighting alone + AC costs (which are about 35% of my total energy costs)... INSANE benefits...

16% energy savings on lighting alone would pay for the upgrade in 1 run...

Yeah for a commercial grower great. I was talking about me running 1.6k. I'll stick with a 1000 in a cool tube for the time being. I know I'm in vertville and a lot of guys here love to hate on the cool tube, but I do know one thing...my problem is too much light/bleaching when I get them too close, not burning. There are a lot of things that would be good for a commercial grow that would not be good for mine...aptus for example.

Now of course I'm speculating until I try one, going only off of what I can find(maybe all I found were shitty growers?), but it's not worth a shot in the dark for $800. I will say this...I'm really glad this is a topic of discussion, and we are assembling some data regardless of dude's claims. It didn't even look like a 1 oz plant would fit in the spaces in that guy's setup. Maybe if he was on some So Quick shit. Jbonez, did he tell you how many plants/sqft he was doing?

Jbonez

Veteran
Theres a guy on RIU by the name of splifferous. So far he has the best journal online from what ive found and better than most of the other growers using this technology. THeres also a side by side on the farm vs a 1000hps in the grow diaries.
Majority of all the growers using induction lighting arent doing it any justice. Yield doesnt seem like there number one goal.

Hmmmm.... Orca walls, induction light 6" from the tops, Co2, SOG, remove fans...etc = I think they would perform well.

I put my hands under one of these and they put off barely any heat

Oh the light is being revealed my friend....

Great post.. I couldnt agree more..

Jbonez

Veteran
Yeah for a commercial grower great. I was talking about me running 1.6k. I'll stick with a 1000 in a cool tube for the time being. I know I'm in vertville and a lot of guys here love to hate on the cool tube, but I do know one thing...my problem is too much light/bleaching when I get them too close, not burning. There are a lot of things that would be good for a commercial grow that would not be good for mine...aptus for example.

Now of course I'm speculating until I try one, going only off of what I can find(maybe all I found were shitty growers?), but it's not worth a shot in the dark for $800. I will say this...I'm really glad this is a topic of discussion, and we are assembling some data regardless of dude's claims. It didn't even look like a 1 oz plant would fit in the spaces in that guy's setup. Maybe if he was on some So Quick shit. Jbonez, did he tell you how many plants/sqft he was doing?

1 gallon containers, media utilized is rockwool... prob about 2/3 of a sq ft per plant.. or smaller best I can see..

A one ounce plant from a single cola formation is nothing, and some of the cuts he is using are yielders...

We are more concerned with the light he is using, the other shit hes doing apart from lighting and the shape of the room is pretty normal..

Well, he also flowers on a circadian rhythm to more effectively mimic nature.. He does some other crazy shit..

I think he said something about not really using seeds... But he doesnt take cuts, in fact, hes eliminated the need for any kind of propagation whatsoever, he pays to have his plants cultured.. There is no way even a team of people could handle propagating 60,000 cuts...

Im telling you guys, just give him some time, we are gonna speak tomorrow and I think Ill be able to clear up some things..

unspoken

How many induction lights did he have in there? I don't remember. What I'm getting at is do you think you could pull off the same thing with 600s or 1000s? Here is someone very pro indagrow who uses them on another forum "Keep it simple. the 1260 watts 3 pro 420's covers a 4 x 8 comfortably and a 5 x 5 no prob."

3 to cover 4x8

Jbonez

Veteran
How many induction lights did he have in there? I don't remember. What I'm getting at is do you think you could pull off the same thing with 600s or 1000s? Here is someone very pro indagrow who uses them on another forum "Keep it simple. the 1260 watts 3 pro 420's covers a 4 x 8 comfortably and a 5 x 5 no prob."

3 to cover 4x8

6 custom spec phosphorous 400w induction lights made to spec with a slight more bias in the red frequencies.

Pull off the same thing with 6's and 1k's? Sure, Give me 25 600w hps lights and a 5 ton a/c unit and Ill own his ass...

you have a link to that site?

Jbonez

Veteran
What about with 6 of them?

Not sure, if I replaced the lights he is using? that would fuck up the design of the walls he uses. His light foot print is in a word, "perfect"...

Id prob do something like what heath has done in the past to be honest.. If I had to use six hundreds..

I do trees right now with my six's, but as you can see, that may all change here very soon...

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Jbonez,

glad to see ya looking into the induction lighting and if its half of whats claimed id love to see what you can do with it.

peace

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL they (again) closed the 3 or 4th 20lb per 1000 watt light thread again.....I just love the drama....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts