What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbonez

Veteran
They are mobile within the root zone after being applied... The heavier molecules will fall to the bottom of the root zone. To demonstrate this, you could put a tall piece of paper in a shallow cup of micro, and a another tall piece of paper in a shallow cup of bloom. There should be distinguishable lines where the water rises to a certain level, and under that will be the different nutrients. I bet the markings will reach different levels on the paper. Most people will keep a pump of some sort in their res to recirculate the nutrients and keep them mixed up, because they don't stay in solution without adding energy to the solution.

So basically I think it's going to come down to the amount of solution you're sending through the stack. If you have "enough", however much that is, you're probably right you won't have any problems... But if there's just a trickle coming out the bottom, then I really believe you'll have an accumulation of heavier molecules in the bottom cups.

I will respectfully watch and see how things go. :) I'm just talking in theory, I've never done what you're doing.

Had a great reply, server or some shit got fucked up this morning..

Anywho, we are on the same page lol...

Unspoken gave me an Idea... Perhaps a mix of sort to aerate the coco gradually on the way down? Starting with straight coco at the top tapering down to a more aerated mix?

hmm....

D

DHF

Had a great reply, server or some shit got fucked up this morning..

Anywho, we are on the same page lol...

Unspoken gave me an Idea... Perhaps a mix of sort to aerate the coco gradually on the way down? Starting with straight coco at the top tapering down to a more aerated mix?

hmm....
Aerate the fuck outta the whole shebang and be done with it........ feed slowly to runoff , but.......

Dripclean @ 1 ml per gal fer added insurance against all them scientific thingies you and Bobbles is tossin back and forth...I ran croutons/chunks with the stringy fibers and chunky perlite with dialed results.......

Chow mix with the lil clay balls and good fluffy stringy coco works well for some of my left coast growbro`s in their bigass dtw setups........

I guess the way I`d explain it would be from gravity and constant juiceflow causin compaction in the rootzone over time without proper aeration so as to provide the exact same juice to each individual plantsite from top to bottom.....but.....

Already made the comment earlier bout the bigger bottom container needing more aeration to keep from suffering with the increased feed needs of the smaller cups above........anyways......

You and Bobbles figure it out and I`ll be over here on my bucket hopin fer the best......Handle it and.......

Peace...Freds.....:ying:.......

Jbonez

Veteran
I hate disposing of those slabs. I used them for a while.

This makes me wonder if Rockwool chunks are a better medium for what I am doing with little to no cec...

Hm...

Freds, I think im not concerned with it, but bobbles logic is also equally as heavy.. Time will tell, regardless of how it affects the plants, Im going to feed from the top as planned as this was designed to be a relatively low maintenance system.. If it doesnt boast well, then we ALL will have learned something imo...

And I know you arent all scientific, but I think you are full of shit, and really some super intellectual fuckin grow rocket scientist. Bwahahhahahaaahahahaha

You always seem to point out shit before we get a chance to say the same thing in our little mini debates.. Then its like, oh wait, freds already said the same shit.. you are weird dude... nothing but love brotha!

D

DHF

I`ve murdered enough plants over the yrs on the path to Nirvana to know howta try and steer ya`ll away from the major fuckups......but....

Shit`s gonna happen , and with runs under yer belt it`s an instant reaction to what needs ta be done to fix shit and get back to production mode.....anyways......

Just tryin ta help....Pore `ol country boy over here......but ......I`ve run a room or 3......and.....

I`d never steer my twisted kids wrong.......bet on it....

Peace.......Freds......:ying:.....

D

DaveTheNewbie

Dave, gimme a bit, Im calculating profiles as we speak, but I want to reply, bare with me.. My hypothesis thusfar is that Maxigro with supplemented P may be a better alternative to H3ads mix.. But I dont want to cry wolf....

Pdubs, H3ads formula has a ratio of 15.67 based on my calculations.. Not a far cry from where your at.. Still though, I believe that while the difference may appear negligible, it may transcend the required threshold for certain phenotypes...Which is exactly what I am dealing with now... Surprise....

You are correct, the only real way to actually feed your plants correctly is by building my own base/micro salt configuration... Im vested at this point, there may not be any going back...

I dont think this is news, rather its difficult to do this unless you go all the way.. Creating a nutrient profile superseding any known product on the shelves is very profound..

at risk of being booring and hijacking the thread (i love the cup stack) is there any progress with this line of thought?
i never liked the concept of loading heavy PK in the last few weeks and dropping N compeltely, and im loving the thought you were putting into here. And reading the thread your not the only one thats wondering about this.

Jbonez

Veteran
at risk of being booring and hijacking the thread (i love the cup stack) is there any progress with this line of thought?
i never liked the concept of loading heavy PK in the last few weeks and dropping N compeltely, and im loving the thought you were putting into here. And reading the thread your not the only one thats wondering about this.

Dave!!! Im here homie.. Ima post the "Jbonez Formula" utilizing Maxigro predominantly with a back up P supplement, and possibly a portion of calmag... May also require flora bloom, Ill make it as simple as I can, but right now Im stupid busy handling my wife business, BUT I promise to get you the exact formula I will be running... VERY soon...

In the meantime..

Threw in some Indy bubblegum, GS Cookies, Socal Master kush, Chemd's defoliated even denser than the first, and another bigger snowdawg.. Fucking over my shitty little veg cab, Ordering a tent and a bigger light...

Shits looking up...
picture.php

BldSwtTrs

Lookin good mate. I remember buying a bag of maxigrow on accident like a year ago thinking it was koolbloom...

have heard good things...

been wanting to try veg + bloom 1 part powder lately too...

Morcheeba*

Veteran
check out tents sold by GothamHydroponics...........i feel like a spammer saying it but they look better or = to my SJ and much less $$$.

peace

Adrift

Veteran
nice update j! looks like you will have a variety of funky nuggets in no time!

cant wait to see that indy bubblegum !!! what else besides the chemd is in there with the fatter nugs? any close up shots??

well stay safe buddy! and happy smoking :joint:

Jbonez

Veteran
The cut is called Rodawg, created by my crew here.. Believe its chemd x apollo13 (clone only) But stay tuned for pics, just had ta shoot out of the house for a function yesterday after working there all day and didnt have time to get shots of everything..

Yeah, that indi bubble is one of my favs personally, just a nice euphoric high...

BldSwtTrs

Oh shit man a legit apollo13 cross?

Dude you ever got ahold of any apollo11? Heard amazing things, but never got to try her myself...

BldSwtTrs

Oh shit man a legit apollo13 cross?

Dude you ever got ahold of any apollo11? Heard amazing things, but never got to try her myself...

Jbonez

Veteran
Bro, not sure if you are in with any of my old boys round the way, but I passed the Apollo 13 Clone up there to a buncha dudes, but its been a while that I dont remember who still has her and we lost here down here.. She is there, just would be hard to track down, Ill hit up a couple dudes in cp who may know something... tho Im not very optimistic..

Ro-dog=(chem-d x jacks cleaner2 male) x subcool's apollo 13 cut. it's very apollo dominant with a little bit more funk from the chem-d.

Oh yeah the grape brain rape is (mendo purps X pacific's G-13) x chernobyl male. The mendo purps had a couple nanners so i plucked them and dusted the g-13 (pure pollen chuckin) The one jbonez has there is the last one besides the seeds i gave him.....I think a reveg is in order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts