What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DHF

lol, I think for a month or little over..

Next weeks gonna be good week for you ;) I promise......
As many runs as I did with that whore J , I can tell yas that after fully rooted and prevegged under T-5`s for couple more weeks +/- , and untopped then trimmed , pruned , and shaped of laterals and sucker branches into nice lil Xmas trees ....

True clone only Chem D will do at least 1.5 ozs EVERY run consistently......so......that said ......

4-5 weeks veg oughta at least give yas double that and maybe more with yo funky leaf strippin and toppin technique one would think.....but......

I don`t agree with toppin plants in vertical bare bulb setups cuz they`ll already tend to bush out as well as up untopped , but all about dialage and the learnin curve with each individual strain/variety/hybrid.....now....

Get backta work......:moon:........

Peace....Freds......:ying:......

Jbonez

Veteran
Just about on my way over with about 3 more ghetto towers!

Oh.....and hi yall i'm dbonez...... i guess lol

preferrably before dark bro, not with transplanting shit in my kitchen, wife keeping the blinds open and shit...

Edit: And ur light is still green bro, lets do this..

Jbonez

Veteran
As many runs as I did with that whore J , I can tell yas that after fully rooted and prevegged under T-5`s for couple more weeks +/- , and untopped then trimmed , pruned , and shaped of laterals and sucker branches into nice lil Xmas trees ....

True clone only Chem D will do at least 1.5 ozs EVERY run consistently......so......that said ......

4-5 weeks veg oughta at least give yas double that and maybe more with yo funky leaf strippin and toppin technique one would think.....but......

I don`t agree with toppin plants in vertical bare bulb setups cuz they`ll already tend to bush out as well as up untopped , but all about dialage and the learnin curve with each individual strain/variety/hybrid.....now....

Get backta work......:moon:........

Peace....Freds......:ying:......

I know man, WHEN I get there I wont be topping lol... Kinda sorta gotta atm til I can move forward with shit, proper like man. You will be the first to know, trust me.. Im chompin at the bits..

Jbonez

Veteran
Been seein that ChemD in mah dreams bro...

How long did you end up veggin her again? Forgot...

Hey I gave that D cut to buddy M, and hes local for now, if not, no biggee, Ill handle it. Hit me back on pm, got me all fucked up like a soup sandwich..

hempyftw

So cool!

So cool!

That gas station cup stadium is fucking awesome man!

I"m all about doing it on the cheap and everying DIY as much as possible.

Looks like you got shit under control! Keep doing whatcha doing!

Hit this an pass it on.

picture.php

Jbonez

Veteran
That bowl looks like it packs a punch!

Just added some more ghetto towers, so now I got 4 of them going.. should be good..

bobblehead

Veteran
That is ghetto as fuck. Do you just water the top and let it run to the bottom? Or do you water each cup?

Jbonez

Veteran
That is ghetto as fuck. Do you just water the top and let it run to the bottom? Or do you water each cup?

Water from the top, but I do feed a little into each cup to keep the top of the coco moist in each cup.. 1 gallon is more than enough for adequate runoff..

Hey it works, lol... Necessity is the mother of invention, or so Im told... lol

bobblehead

Veteran
Water from the top, but I do feed a little into each cup to keep the top of the coco moist in each cup.. 1 gallon is more than enough for adequate runoff..

Hey it works, lol...

So I did this experiment with gas chromatography in this chemistry class I had a while back... And basically it was to show that the molecular weight of each molecule causes them each to move at different rates. They'll separate from each other by weight.

So here comes the part where I shit in your koolaid... You could potentially have pH fluctuations between your cups based on their height, due to varying ion concentrations throughout the medium. To prevent this, I would recommend watering each cup individually to runoff at least 1x a week...

just my $0.02. You might not have a problem... But science has me believing otherwise.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I had a very very similar thought over the summer! My wife brought home one of these from a shower or something:

485054_12dbb31b03dc6810a4776d7e4d0ae485.jpg

The one she had was just two pots, but same "rod-up-the-center" idea.

However, ours never looked as cool as yours is fixin' to. Ours just had some stupid Gerber daisies. :)

Lookin' great Jbonez!

5th

Veteran
You'll find dozens of these set-ups on Pintrest, everything from terracotta pots to plastic ones. (even saw one with a water feature I bet I could turn into a NTF system heh heh) Pretty sure like Bobble mentioned, individual watering is the way to go.

I mean it works with other herbs...why not MJ? :tiphat:

Jbonez

Veteran
So I did this experiment with gas chromatography in this chemistry class I had a while back... And basically it was to show that the molecular weight of each molecule causes them each to move at different rates. They'll separate from each other by weight.

So here comes the part where I shit in your koolaid... You could potentially have pH fluctuations between your cups based on their height, due to varying ion concentrations throughout the medium. To prevent this, I would recommend watering each cup individually to runoff at least 1x a week...

just my $0.02. You might not have a problem... But science has me believing otherwise.

Id say this is more relevant to cations however, whereas anions like N and P are relatively easy to control with adequate runoff..
Coco doesnt have THAT high a cec.. Not compared to organic soil or peat where I wouldnt even attempt something like this..

How does molar mass have anything to do with this? The solution the molecules are suspended in isnt mobile.. Not after feeding anyways.. Id like to hear your rebuttal, Im not saying your stance doesnt present cause for concern, rather I respectfully disagree as the effects you are implying are imo negligible..

what are your thoughts?

bobblehead

Veteran
Id say this is more relevant to cations however, whereas anions like N and P are relatively easy to control with adequate runoff..
Coco doesnt have THAT high a cec.. Not compared to organic soil or peat where I wouldnt even attempt something like this..

How does molar mass have anything to do with this? The solution the molecules are suspended in isnt mobile.. Not after feeding anyways.. Id like to hear your rebuttal, Im not saying your stance doesnt present cause for concern, rather I respectfully disagree as the effects you are implying are imo negligible..

what are your thoughts?

They are mobile within the root zone after being applied... The heavier molecules will fall to the bottom of the root zone. To demonstrate this, you could put a tall piece of paper in a shallow cup of micro, and a another tall piece of paper in a shallow cup of bloom. There should be distinguishable lines where the water rises to a certain level, and under that will be the different nutrients. I bet the markings will reach different levels on the paper. Most people will keep a pump of some sort in their res to recirculate the nutrients and keep them mixed up, because they don't stay in solution without adding energy to the solution.

So basically I think it's going to come down to the amount of solution you're sending through the stack. If you have "enough", however much that is, you're probably right you won't have any problems... But if there's just a trickle coming out the bottom, then I really believe you'll have an accumulation of heavier molecules in the bottom cups.

I will respectfully watch and see how things go. :) I'm just talking in theory, I've never done what you're doing.

BldSwtTrs

Lol too much fancy science talk...

Keep it simple gentleman...

plant the ladies... water the ladies... harvest the ladies...

baby shit and the man would say...

Like the vert stack on the cheap bro. Interested to see what happens.

unspoken

So if that ends up being the case, do we put a bucket on the bottom and run the same concept with hydroton or perlite with a continuous (or several times a day) recirculating drip system?

I've been thinking about going vert and this has me even more interested. Building a coliseum seems like a PITA, but this seems easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts