What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DHF

So no veg with fully rooted cuts flipped for budsicles ?.....I`ve seen the concept with veggies and automated feed for several yrs , but the only problem I see with coco is the frequency of timed feeds required to keep the smaller stacked containers "moist" while not keeping the bottom container that holds more medium "too wet".....however.......

The Devil`s in the details , and I always loved dialin new shit in so only time will tell......and hey........

Looks to be an absolutely killer portable throw away setup for croppin and movin to the next location without a buncha bullshit ta tote along and reset up......again.......

Stoner ingenuity where there`s a will there`s a way kinda shit.......I love it.........Waitin on my bucket to see new shit happen over here Bro......

Nuggage lookin good ta boot......Respect........and....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:....

iampolluted

your girls are looking great j....loving the results of your defo., excellent work!

that lil stack is sweet as hell man! would love to see ya run a room like that.

dhf...do you think if he ran something under the coco in the bottom pot, like polyfil, or hydroton, that the coco would be aerated enough to allow for an even feeding or maybe cut the coco with more perlite or something equivalent?

D

DHF

your girls are looking great j....loving the results of your defo., excellent work!

that lil stack is sweet as hell man! would love to see ya run a room like that.

dhf...do you think if he ran something under the coco in the bottom pot, like polyfil, or hydroton, that the coco would be aerated enough to allow for an even feeding or maybe cut the coco with more perlite or something equivalent?
Maybe coco chunks/croutons mixed with the stringy fibers , but perlite stores moisture as it provides rootzone aeration so I`m not sure it`s the best choice with such a big difference in container size from the bottom to the stacked cups or whatever gets decided on in the final draft and setup......regardless.....

As said above ...all about the dialage and learning curve with new setups , so Handle it JB........Happy New Yr......

Peace.....Freds......:ying:......

D

DaveTheNewbie

i would say you just need to water it till runoff in the bottom cup and your gold.
old fashioned DTW coco
love the idea

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Those stacked cups are a nice idea. Looking forward to see how they turn out for ya. And your "big" gals are looking pretty scrumptious as well!

D

DHF

i would say you just need to water it till runoff in the bottom cup and your gold.
old fashioned DTW coco
love the idea
The frequency of feed cycles it`ll take to keep the stacked cups constantly "moist" will directly affect the bottom larger container without adequate aeration and drainage supplemental amendments as was asked above guaranteed.....but.....

That`s what trial and error`s all about.......Dialage comes at a cost........Yas fuck up till yas don`t ......then.......

Yas remember how not to fuck up for consistent returns afterwards...

Then it`s......simple.....babyshit.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:.....

Mister_D

Veteran
I assure ya J, my version of chow mix definitely drains well enough for that bottom pot ;)

Mix 50/50, coco and chips (half the coco and make up the difference with chips if your chips contain alot of pith) then add ~20% floor dry/perlite to that. Been using this mix for a couple crops. Drains exceptionally well and roots just go ape shit because of the high air content. It's reusable multiple times also if you use floor dry instead of perlite.

Jbonez

Veteran
thx for all the suggestions guys.. So many ideas right now..

I think the bottom will be fine as far as drainage with just coco, Ive been playing with chlorine dioxide at low ppms to see if there is any noticeable effects on speed of growth, so far so good.. This would assure that even tho wet, the rootzone is completely sterile..

The plan is to run plenty of solution through em, with a lil flush now and then from about half way down to keep any buildup to a minimum..

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
why dont you automate the feeding? some 1/4" or 1/2" hydro tubing with (1) easy cloner mister per pot? Have the pump come on every 4 hours or so, dial timer to keep the coco moist.

rbdf

TheArchitect

Veteran
thx for all the suggestions guys.. So many ideas right now..

I think the bottom will be fine as far as drainage with just coco, Ive been playing with chlorine dioxide at low ppms to see if there is any noticeable effects on speed of growth, so far so good.. This would assure that even tho wet, the rootzone is completely sterile..

The plan is to run plenty of solution through em, with a lil flush now and then from about half way down to keep any buildup to a minimum..

Are you using ona bleech, or do you have a better source?

Btw, bitching gas station cup vert rack lol.

As for drainage in bottom cups, you could swap the coco for hydroton or use a mix, and the run off from frequent watering should keep them moist but well aerated.

In hydro racks like that(constant feed), the problem becomes lack of oxygen to the lower plant roots, just like in nft if yor channels are too long.

Oxygen, breakfast of champions.

Jbonez

Veteran
Chlorine dioxide tablets believe it or not, one tab per gallon creates .25 ppm chlorine dioxide.. Its not every feeding, but to keep shit clean ya know..

JAAM

Happy new year J.... That D is packin it on for ya bro... I cant wait to see what happens with that tower of cups... :smoke out:

Jbonez

Veteran
Thanks! same to you bro, Im looking forward to seeing the dry weight from her, hopefully a minimum of 3zips.. But Im hoping for 4 lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts