What's new

SG's Hempy Grow Show - Satori, Double Bubble, PRxPK, Skunk #1

nice job with your hempy grow. I've been experimenting with some clones in hempy cups, using BMO organic nutrients. Results have been ok considering I dont really know what I'm doing LOL:joint:

Is this the nutrient setup you are using for this hempy grow? http://www.hydrowarehouse.com/foxfarm-foxfarm-trio-pack-hydroponic-formula-quarts-p-1070.html

It looks like you will be getting a nice harvest... enjoy!

bb:canabis:

Hey badbeans :wave: ... yup, I use the Fox Farms full line up. The three pack (Tiger, Big Bloom and Grow Big) as well as the Boosters (chaching and beastie, I dont use open seasame just because ive never bought it)

The only issue I'd say is that if you follow the hydro directions you end up giving the plants a bit too much N. A friend turned me onto a different variation of the feeding schedule that not only battles all that N but also makes things MUCH simpler. Let me know if you'd like it and I can send it to you.

Let me know if you have any questions about hempy, I can probably help you out!

Peace, sg

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good man im always lurkin man even when not posting...fantabulous osecret,keep it pimpin.
peace-T-

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
sg-what up big dog....those ladies are getting close! That sk1 looks so fkin' nice. Can't wait to get the smoke report on that lineup. have a good Sunday.
Bostrom-thanks for clearing that up. makes much more sense now.

sg-what up big dog....those ladies are getting close! That sk1 looks so fkin' nice. Can't wait to get the smoke report on that lineup. have a good Sunday.
Bostrom-thanks for clearing that up. makes much more sense now.

hey dubwise, always good to have you stoppin through ... def enjoying my sunday, just watched some pats win :)woohoo:) and now i'm just going to smoke and relax.

I can't wait for this round to come down!! Looks like friday or saturday will be the day ... i havent trimmed in a while should be fun (for the first 10 minutes hehe). I'll def put out a smoke report on things.

Oh yea and 3 more just went into flower last night, it's starting to get rather full in there.

peace, -sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
:frown:your pats beat my cats...good thing we've got next season.
and good thing i've got plenty of bowls of goodness.

badbeans

Hey badbeans :wave: ... yup, I use the Fox Farms full line up. The three pack (Tiger, Big Bloom and Grow Big) as well as the Boosters (chaching and beastie, I dont use open seasame just because ive never bought it)

The only issue I'd say is that if you follow the hydro directions you end up giving the plants a bit too much N. A friend turned me onto a different variation of the feeding schedule that not only battles all that N but also makes things MUCH simpler. Let me know if you'd like it and I can send it to you.

Let me know if you have any questions about hempy, I can probably help you out!

Peace, sg

thanks OSG

I don't think I have enough posts to do PM so I think it would be really great if you just posted your variation on the feeding schedule right here on your hempy post. That way everyone who is following your grow knows how you did it!

I'm a new grower, I have a one plant outdoor grow and a small indoor grow under my belt. Both were using organic soil and organic nutrient feedings. Neither grows were very impressive...but I did get a few good buds and I know I can improve alot. The hempy bucket method is appealing to me because it seems so easy but from reading "The Official Hempy Bucket Thread" it seems this method isn't very conducive to using organic nutrients for feeding. But your results prove otherwise.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post I've been experimenting with a few small clones in 100% perlite hempy cups using BMO (Blue Mountain Organic) nutrients. BMO doesnt seem to be a very popular organic nutrient by growers here at icmag, I learned of them from rollitup before I found my way here to icmag. I've used them for both of my grows with some success.

Thanks again

Last edited:
thanks OSG

I don't think I have enough posts to do PM so I think it would be really great if you just posted your variation on the feeding schedule right here on your hempy post. That way everyone who is following your grow knows how you did it!

I'm a new grower, I have a one plant outdoor grow and a small indoor grow under my belt. Both were using organic soil and organic nutrient feedings. Neither grows were very impressive...but I did get a few good buds and I know I can improve alot. The hempy bucket method is appealing to me because it seems so easy but from reading "The Official Hempy Bucket Thread" it seems this method isn't very conducive to using organic nutrients for feeding. But your results prove otherwise.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post I've been experimenting with a few small clones in 100% perlite hempy cups using BMO (Blue Mountain Organic) nutrients. BMO doesnt seem to be a very popular organic nutrient by growers here at icmag, I learned of them from rollitup before I found my way here to icmag. I've used them for both of my grows with some success.

Thanks again

hey bb,
I'm just going to post it up here. The person who told me this formula is very much into growing the best meds around the best we can, so I'm sure he won't care.

You are right, hempy buckets are easy to do. I've always used FF because, quite frankly, the person that I sort of idolized and took advice from did too! I'm not sure why organics won't work as well as non-organic ... all that matters is that you treat the feedings like hydro.

Never heard of BMO Nutrients, but hey, if they work, they work. I like FF just because it seems like they are geared to our sort of growing, if you know what I mean ;).

So this is what I do:

For all weeks they get:
1 tsp of Grow Big
1/2 tsp of Tiger Bloom
1 Tbl of Big Bloom

PLUS the booster (open sesame, chaching, beastie bloomz).

So basically that means veg gets the above mentioned formula, with no boosters. Weeks 1-2 in flower get Open Sesame, Week 3-4 get Beastie Bloomz, Week 5-6 get Chaching, Week 7 gets half of everything in week 6, Week 8 gets straight pH'd h2o.

Thats for the basic 8 week strain. Longer ones you stretch it out, shorter ones you tighten it up, just do a little math.

Hope that helps, and killa if you want that taken down just let me know.

Peace,
-sg

killa12345

hey bb,
I'm just going to post it up here. The person who told me this formula is very much into growing the best meds around the best we can, so I'm sure he won't care.

You are right, hempy buckets are easy to do. I've always used FF because, quite frankly, the person that I sort of idolized and took advice from did too! I'm not sure why organics won't work as well as non-organic ... all that matters is that you treat the feedings like hydro.

Never heard of BMO Nutrients, but hey, if they work, they work. I like FF just because it seems like they are geared to our sort of growing, if you know what I mean ;).

So this is what I do:

For all weeks they get:
1 tsp of Grow Big
1/2 tsp of Tiger Bloom
1 Tbl of Big Bloom

So basically that means veg gets the above mentioned formula, with no boosters. Weeks 1-2 in flower get Open Sesame, Week 3-4 get Beastie Bloomz, Week 5-6 get Chaching, Week 7 gets half of everything in week 6, Week 8 gets straight pH'd h2o.

Thats for the basic 8 week strain. Longer ones you stretch it out, shorter ones you tighten it up, just do a little math.

Peace,
-sg

id just like to add one thing since its my nute formula posted above......i actually use open seseme during the whole veg as well....EXCEPT the first 5 days veg after the initial transplant!

the booster doesnt really add to much to the ppm levels.....it accounts for about 100 ppm and is helpful in veg as well.....ive only been using this formula with short veg period but my moms seem to be doing fine as well being feed the same formula! good luck! :xmastree:

id just like to add one thing since its my nute formula posted above......i actually use open seseme during the whole veg as well....EXCEPT the first 5 days veg after the initial transplant!

the booster doesnt really add to much to the ppm levels.....it accounts for about 100 ppm and is helpful in veg as well.....ive only been using this formula with short veg period but my moms seem to be doing fine as well being feed the same formula! good luck! :xmastree:

hey killa, thanks for clearing things up, i truly appreciate it! I might have to get me some open sesame as well!

take care everyone, happy holidays! :xmastree:

peace, sg

Update - 12.20

Update - 12.20

Hey there :santa1:,

After another busy week, I was able to spend some time with my ladies and I thought I would throw up some pics.

On Saturday I took down the 3 girls at 57 days. I feel like PR x PK could have definitely gone longer, but due to certain time constraints, it was time for them to all come down. All their trichs looked good, but I felt like the PR x PK was still still developing.

So far, the Skunk #1 is my favorite (given that I have not smoked any). It smells soooo good, just like melon, has huge, thick, colas that are VERY dense and heavy. I can't wait to get final yield on some of these.

After I smoke everything, I will let everyone know how I feel about each.

Everyone in flower is looking good (except for something mentioned below) ... I am now technically in perpetual and so I am getting excited about running what I want. All the girls in flower are up on a rack so that I can avoid moving the lights up and down while they are stretching (pain in the ass for me).

As for my problem:
On my Double Bubble I keep getting these fan leaves that curl down a little at each end. Very weird looking. I thought it was too much N or a pH thing, but I fixed each and now it is coming back again in this new round of flowering. Kind of pissing me off ... :wallbash:. The LAST pic below is what I am talking about. Sort of a 90 degree turn down? Wack.

As for veg, I now have 4 Happy Brother x ChemD, 3 Satori and 1 Skunk#1 vegging as we speak. I also have 15 clones of various strains working on making some roots right :D

Tomorrow I have to run the tubing for my auto water system that will be used while I'm gone for a little Christmas vacation. On paper it looks good, we shall see how practical it really ends up being.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy the show!!

Peace, -sg
:joint:
____________________________________________________________________________________

someone snapped this mid chop
picture.php

skunk #1 top colas
picture.php

skunk #1 trimmed
picture.php

skunk#1 macro
picture.php

double bubble:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PR x PK
picture.php

picture.php

This is the group currently in flower
picture.php

OH x Skunk#1
picture.php

The Chuch (she needs a lille trimming i'd say lol)
picture.php

This is the issue I talked about above ... ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS??
picture.php

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
As for my problem: On my Double Bubble I keep getting these fan leaves that curl down a little at each end. Very weird looking. I thought it was too much N or a pH thing, but I fixed each and now it is coming back again in this new round of flowering. Kind of pissing me off ... . The LAST pic below is what I am talking about. Sort of a 90 degree turn down? Wack.

Number one has the issue you are speaking of number 2 does not. They are in the same room and system. My reading of the curl is slight over strech stress. I see this in my plants that are shorter than the others and racing to get their share of the canopy. Also the one I have is a bean where the other is a clone but my reading of that is the plant is really hitting on all cylinders but the lights and nutes are still more than it can make 100% use of.

My plants tend to grow out of that down leaf tip curl as they get huge.

Oh yeah, I guess Go Boltz is a little in order!

Peace, :joint:

As for my problem: On my Double Bubble I keep getting these fan leaves that curl down a little at each end. Very weird looking. I thought it was too much N or a pH thing, but I fixed each and now it is coming back again in this new round of flowering. Kind of pissing me off ... . The LAST pic below is what I am talking about. Sort of a 90 degree turn down? Wack.

Number one has the issue you are speaking of number 2 does not. They are in the same room and system. My reading of the curl is slight over strech stress. I see this in my plants that are shorter than the others and racing to get their share of the canopy. Also the one I have is a bean where the other is a clone but my reading of that is the plant is really hitting on all cylinders but the lights and nutes are still more than it can make 100% use of.

My plants tend to grow out of that down leaf tip curl as they get huge.

Oh yeah, I guess Go Boltz is a little in order!

Peace, :joint:

hey hydrosun ... thanks for your input. This plant happens to be the largest one, so I am not sure it would be stretch stress. Last time it seemed to grow out of it, but I was really trying to avoid it this time.

haha, and congrats on the chargers winning another one, taking it away from poor ochocinco though? jk man, they all love the game.

so I guess that means I have to throw out a go Pats!!
peace, sg

To much P early in guys

hi sirsmokalot :wave:, thanks for stopping in and your input. I have seen you on these boards and you are very knowledgeable, so I imagine you have a reason for thinking such a thing. Has this happened to you? I am not adding any P boosters in veg / early flower, so I am not sure where it is coming from. Maybe the Tiger Bloom?

Any more info would be great to help me further fix this issue.

Thanks man! :joint:

peace, -sg

badbeans

(quote)

Originally Posted by osecretgardeno
hey bb,

So this is what I do:

For all weeks they get:
1 tsp of Grow Big
1/2 tsp of Tiger Bloom
1 Tbl of Big Bloom

Peace,
-sg

(/quote)

Sweet thanks for the formula.

so you are feeding this mix 1 tsp of Grow Big, 1/2 tsp of Tiger Bloom, 1 Tbl of Big Bloom all through veg. and flowering?

and how much of the open sesame, chaching, beastie bloomz are you using per gallon during flowering? Do you feed every time or do you feed, water, water, feed etc.?? What should this feeding solution be ph to?

fuggin' new guy asks alot of questions eh?? LOL

killa12345

(quote)

Originally Posted by osecretgardeno
hey bb,

So this is what I do:

For all weeks they get:
1 tsp of Grow Big
1/2 tsp of Tiger Bloom
1 Tbl of Big Bloom

Peace,
-sg

(/quote)

Sweet thanks for the formula.

so you are feeding this mix 1 tsp of Grow Big, 1/2 tsp of Tiger Bloom, 1 Tbl of Big Bloom all through veg. and flowering?

and how much of the open sesame, chaching, beastie bloomz are you using per gallon during flowering? Do you feed every time or do you feed, water, water, feed etc.?? What should this feeding solution be ph to?

fuggin' new guy asks alot of questions eh?? LOL

hope sg doesnt mind me answering this but yes i use that formula through veg and flower....

i use the 1/4 tsp. spoon that comes with it(open sesame, cha ching, bestie bloomz) per gallon....

i use the formula above every feeding and i ph it from 5.8-6.0 ONLY BECAUSE I RUN PASSIVE HYDRO! this would be different for soil and hydroponic applications!

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
SG-those nugs look great man. nicely done! If you care to swing down south & drop one off...I'll help you do the smoke report! That's a good deal for sure!!!
I can't help you with the curling issue...could it be genetic? I dunno.
And just b/c others mentioned the greatest game ever....let me ask if you saw my panthers own Farve? I know it didn't matter, but it felt good not to get blown out of Carolina. Merry Christmas!