What's new

SG's Hempy Grow Show - Satori, Double Bubble, PRxPK, Skunk #1

killa12345

thanks dubwise, i'm pleased so far, stayin on top of these girls, takin notes on what they love and need.

thanks fro stoppin in peace bro, sg

Very nice bro....im surprised that they are not showing Purple yet! by that size usually you can see some purp....im looking forward to seeing this unfold because so far......out of all the seeds that ive popped and given away.....all have been really purple and have showed the dominace of the purple rhino which i think is great but the kush pheno is special even though it doesnt turn as purple, it still turns...they look good....i dont see any N problems with her from the pics! Keep me posted bro! Glad to see the girls in another home!

killa:joint:

hey killa ... thanks for the kind words. I am just going with the flow right now, when they show, they show, it's up to her. These are F2's, right? That means quite a few phenos ... maybe I got a rare one :D it'd be cool if i got the kush pheno, id def be pumped about that.

Actually the PR x PK is showing the N issues the least. They all look ok today, I am going to give them a good flush tomorrow evening and then try your suggestion.

THANK YOU sir, for spreading the love of these girls. Since I got a boy and a girl, I will be crossing them back to themselves ... you will have to fill me in on what that makes their offspring ... once I get past F1s, F2s etc etc I get realllllly lost. You'll have to fill me in on all that once I get the breeding moving :woohoo:

peace bro, sg

whats up everyone, hope everyone had a nice weekend... :joint:

A few things to update on. I am still learning to read these girls. I've been battling what I believe is a N overdose, and I think I finally have it under control. Now I am starting to see a Mag deficiency, but I'm almost 100% sure that's a pH thing, so that will be figured out as well.

I took the advice of some members on here and I put some of my male clones in the flower closet on Friday night. My intention was to put a plastic bag over them before they shot their stuff and catch the pollen that way. Well, I guess one of them was ready to go because it already had one burst flower on Sunday night!! (2 days in flower)! :noway: He is small and on the floor so I am not TOO TOO worried, but I sprayed the room with a mist of water to hopefully contain any loose pollen. Worst case, I get a few seeds and I know who the father was, so I am fine with that, just not exactly how I wanted it to go? Oh well.

QUESTION:
Anyone know how the whole "bag over the plant" is supposed to work? I did it and it appears that the bag is filling with condensation ... I am not sure if I need to allow it to breathe in some way? I was under the impression moisture was not good for pollen. I just watered the males today but I am thinking no more water and just let them die off and drop pollen? Any help would be appreciated! I'd like to try to get it sort of right the first time.

Also, I'd like to welcome some new additions to the stable!! :woohoo:

GHS Church
Sam the Skunk Man's Original Haze x Skunk
Karma Genetics Happy Chem (Thank you Dr Dog and OGA Seeds!!)

I just popped a bunch of these seeds so there won't be much of an update on them yet, but this should pretty much fill up my room. I will be hunting for the top phenos for a breeding project I have in the works.

My T5s will be here tomorrow, so the new veg area will be all set up tomorrow or Tuesday night and some of the girls in preveg will be put into a bigger pot for a few days before the next round get flipped! I have to leave for Thanksgiving, so hopefully everything will be in full swing when I get back!

Sorry, lots of info, I've been a busy boy!

Here are some pictures, and I do apologize for the HPS light! We are at day 30 now. ENJOY, peace, sg

The pre-veg with some clones and some seedlings. This little box should be gone by Tuesday.
picture.php

This is the male I put in the plastic bag ... There is another one behind it that isn't anywhere near shooting but will be put in a bag as well just in case ...
picture.php

Most of the flowering room:
picture.php

Skunk #1 - real pretty, I like her.
picture.php

PR x PK - still no purple yet, but she does smell very grapey, I'm excited for her
picture.php

so, funny thing happened.

i put 2 male clones in the flower closet, 1 the Satori, 1 the PR x PK, just to get them to grow some balls so i could chop em and get the pollen.

well, 4 days in, the Satori is DEFINITELY a male (already nutted a little as mentioned above), but funny thing, the PR x PK is DEFINITELY A GIRL :woohoo:

so, that means i actually have 2 females of the PR x PK and no males ... so now I have 3 healthy clones vegging of two different phenos and one of them is in flower! She is small, but I think with a little LST she will come out GREAT and maybe will show more purple than the current one?

I am also 4/4 popping the happy bro x chemd seeds and they have all come up in the rapid rooters ... maybe ... i'm ... learning??

:laughing:

peace, sg

killa12345

so, funny thing happened.

i put 2 male clones in the flower closet, 1 the Satori, 1 the PR x PK, just to get them to grow some balls so i could chop em and get the pollen.

well, 4 days in, the Satori is DEFINITELY a male (already nutted a little as mentioned above), but funny thing, the PR x PK is DEFINITELY A GIRL :woohoo:

so, that means i actually have 2 females of the PR x PK and no males ... so now I have 3 healthy clones vegging of two different phenos and one of them is in flower! She is small, but I think with a little LST she will come out GREAT and maybe will show more purple than the current one?

I am also 4/4 popping the happy bro x chemd seeds and they have all come up in the rapid rooters ... maybe ... i'm ... learning??

:laughing:

peace, sg

ive actually have gotten confused to because the start of the flower on the pk xpr sometime resembles a what the early stages of pollen sacks look like but then they start shooting hair out!... I almost killed both moms i have right now because of the same reason! LOL SG.....at least you have two to try to find that purple....Good luck bro..and happy thansgiving if i dont talk to ya before then!

ps...lsting is not gonna help on bring out the purple! I think it either has a lot of it or has a little based on the phenos its following! when they get older ill be able to tell more!

ive actually have gotten confused to because the start of the flower on the pk xpr sometime resembles a what the early stages of pollen sacks look like but then they start shooting hair out!... I almost killed both moms i have right now because of the same reason! LOL SG.....at least you have two to try to find that purple....Good luck bro..and happy thansgiving if i dont talk to ya before then!

ps...lsting is not gonna help on bring out the purple! I think it either has a lot of it or has a little based on the phenos its following! when they get older ill be able to tell more!

haha, that is exactly what happened ... they looked like nuts, but they were not! should have waited a few more days originally ... oh well, she's in there now!

lol, i know LSTing has nothing to do with the colors ... it was sort of 2 seperate thoughts in one like "ill keep her small with lst" AND "maybe this pheno is a purp" ... sorry for the confusion!

thanks for stoppin in, hopefulyl when we all get back from thanksgiving we will be able to tell what pheno is what.

lots of work to do tonight ... T5s came, just trying to set up the veg room before i go, although i dont think it will happen before i leave.

peace bro, sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
what up s to the g. glad the t5 came in...you're going to love it. Things are looking very nice. Keep it up man & have a happy thanksgiving.

what up s to the g. glad the t5 came in...you're going to love it. Things are looking very nice. Keep it up man & have a happy thanksgiving.

what up dubwise, glad to see u stoppin in bro.

so far, T5 tests went well. I am still not sure how i pulled this off but I was able to install, test and move everything into the new veg closet in 2 hours this morning ... all the babies are in there vegging while im gone. and so far ... I LOVE THE t5! from what i've seen, a great investment.

i'll update some pics when i get back ... the girls are REALLY gaining some weight now, i'm lovin it.

happy thanksgiving bro ... and to everyone else as well. def my favorite holiday, just straight up happiness and thanks for what we have.

peace, sg

indicameds

Just stoppin in to see the show. Looks like I got here a little late, but non the less ill be pullin up a chair for the rest of it. Hope you had a great thanksgiving. Take care and stay high...

Just stoppin in to see the show. Looks like I got here a little late, but non the less ill be pullin up a chair for the rest of it. Hope you had a great thanksgiving. Take care and stay high...

what up indicameds, things are just gettin started in here, perpetual is JUST about on track, so you didn't miss much ... thanks for stoppin in.

happy thanksgiving bro, peace, sg

ok, a quick update for the moment ...

I had to go visit the fam for 5 days, so I watered on Wednesday at around noon, said a little prayer and went on my way. I hope everyone had a nice thankgsiving! :pie:

I came back early this morning and found the veg in decent shape and the flower in ok shape as well, all things considered. I was only able to peak at the flower room because it was lights off for them until 630, so I won't know more until then.

For the veg, it looks like we lost a few fan leaves either to being eaten (lower fans eaten for nutrients) or to lack of humidity / moisture, which left me with some dried leaves. Here is the group, the dried satori and the dried church:
picture.php

satori
picture.php

the church
picture.php

And onto the flower room ... things are at day 37 and are certainly fattening up. the all got fed right before I took these pics, so hopefully things turn around when the lights come on.

the least healthy is the skunk #1 that is either lacking something due to pH or has a disease. I will know more when i check her out closely today, but she is losing a lot of fans and it isn't from lack of N like the double bubble. I think she is sick because she is getting strange leaf loss unlike the res of them. :fsu: You can see the leaves that got eaten through lack of water, among other things. I am hoping she can make it until harvest in a few weeks because she is a HEAVY girl and smells amazing.
picture.php

the PR x PK which seemed to have the least problems with being left for so long, from what i can tell so far, no purps yet. I have a second PR x PK in flower but I didn't get any pics of her yet.
picture.php

and finally the double bubble. she is clearly no longer suffering from an N defficiency! all that flushing i did before I left probably helped with the build up. also, she was the most affected by the lack of water over time.
picture.php

I am hoping that this is only a small set back and everyone will be ok after some water and food ... only time will tell! the veg room already looks much better and I am 12/12 with clones as well as 4/4 with HB seeds, 3/4 satori seeds, 2/2 church seeds ... so things are poppin off.

I'll throw up new nug shot pics when i take everyone out this evening.

PEACE, sg

Well after doing some reading / repairing, things seem to be under control. I was happy to have today to figure out a plan of action for the next few weeks. I will have to figure out something different for christmas time since I will be leaving again then.

The veg room was simply out of water, so they suffered in that aspect. For whatever reason the clones were more hardy than "older" seedlings, but all seem like they will recover. No permenant damage, just a little hiccup in the master plan.

The flower room was suffering from a lack of water along with a calcium deficiency (advanced stages). Turns out I was using a new nute formula that I forgot to check the pH on :wallbash: and it was higher than I would have liked. I flushed all the flower girls with 5.9-6.0 water and then I re-fed with a 5.7-5.8 nutes. I think this will help because according to my research, Calcium is taken up best in 5.4-5.8 and I was def above that before. It may be somewhat too late for this round, but at least I have learned what each plant likes for next round. I've been keeping a general of sorts for just such notes.

Here are some flower shots. My favorite by far is the Skunk #1. If she smokes anything like she smells she is going to be a keeper for sure. Hopefully next time around I can run her even more to her potential and not F up the Ca issues.

Enjoy, peace everyone, sg

PR x PK - getting frosty at least.
picture.php

Double Bubble - a little leafy for my taste, but we'll see how she turns out. Could have been all that extra N that caused that.
picture.php

picture.php

Skunk #1 - Hopefully you can see why she is my favorite. The nugs are huge and so dense.
picture.php

picture.php

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
wow man....that double bubble looks so damn nice...and that skunk. good work bro.

As for your situation (leaving for Christmas vacation) any thoughts of putting in a little dripper/timer/res setup? They're not that hard to setup and they're pretty cheap. good luck!

killa12345

man sg....sorry for the purple not turning purple yet; i feel like im letting you down.....trust me.....it seems like i can feel your pain though the computer bro! hopefully it works out for ya! Whatever i can do to make sure you have a purple 2010 i will! Hope the turkey day was good! Stay safe bro
:watchplant:

wow man....that double bubble looks so damn nice...and that skunk. good work bro.

As for your situation (leaving for Christmas vacation) any thoughts of putting in a little dripper/timer/res setup? They're not that hard to setup and they're pretty cheap. good luck!

haha, i'm glad you are enjoying it dubwise!! things are starting to look real nice now, i'm very pleased. Will probably start tuning down the nutes in the next week or so, get this flush going!

And yes, I will probably set up a little dripper set up. I have some tubing and a pump, airstones, extra timer, etc, so I think I will just set up a little dripper somethin. Thanks for the advice! peace bro, sg

man sg....sorry for the purple not turning purple yet; i feel like im letting you down.....trust me.....it seems like i can feel your pain though the computer bro! hopefully it works out for ya! Whatever i can do to make sure you have a purple 2010 i will! Hope the turkey day was good! Stay safe bro
:watchplant:

lol, killa, nothing to worry about! you still hooked me up with some killer bud ... being F2s, that means what, 16 different phenos ?? ... this one just happens to be that 1/16 that does not go purp ... i still have another pheno that just started flowering, so we'll see how that one goes. either way, don't be upset!! if the smoke is good i'll probably breed with her anyways and see if I can get some purple to come out ...

we'll talk over PM about 2010! hopefully i can return the favor at some point ... but i may take you up on your offer ;)

turkey day was great, peace homey! :wave: sg

A day after giving the veg girls water they are all looking GREAT. Flower room straight up STINKS as well :D

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
hey man...how often and what quantity do you feed your plants in flower? Just curious if we're feeding at the same rate.

hey man...how often and what quantity do you feed your plants in flower? Just curious if we're feeding at the same rate.

flower girls get fed every 3 days.
they get about 40oz of nute solution.
right now they are getting fed at about 900ppm give or take.

unfortunately each strain is susceptible to different issues and right now i am dealing with all of them.

they all good a good flush this weekend so hopefully i will be able to read these plants a little better next time and better tailor their nute solutions.

oh the joys of running multiple strains!

peace, sg

Hey everyone :wave:, I hope everyone is having a pleasent weekend.

I just wanted to do a quick update before I left for the evening.

Things are going well. The veg area is now about 95% set up and running smoothly. I have 2 girls in their big pots vegging for a week or so and then they will be put into flower. For this cycle I chose the best looking Skunk #1 and the best looking Double Bubble. Once they go into flower 2 more will be put into veg, but for longer, so I will slowly be increasing plant size / veg time.

The girls in flower are about to get their last full dose of nutes tomorrow. Then they will get 1/2 strength for a week and then water for a week+ until they are done.

That's the plan. Still gotta get a dripper system set up before christmas. I am mostly just concerned about the veg, but I will be hooking it up for both sides.

Stay safe everyone,
Peace,
sg

here is the pr x pk that went into flower accidently ... thought it was a boy, ended up being a she. She is small and didn't get a lot of veg, but I am hoping that this pheno goes real purple :D very healthy so far.
picture.php

picture.php

here is the pr x pk first pheno, gettin further along now :)
picture.php

picture.php

Skunk #1 - fan leaves got burnt to hell from pH shit, but she is by far the heaviest yielder, she keeps falling over! her nug smells SO delicious as well
picture.php

picture.php

The double bubble, lookin real nice!Not as frosty as I'd like though
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts