What's new

SG's Hempy Grow Show - Satori, Double Bubble, PRxPK, Skunk #1

Che

Veteran
I can smell that Sk#1 from here! I bet the DB will frost up nicely with a drawn out finish like that! Lookin good SG

I can smell that Sk#1 from here! I bet the DB will frost up nicely with a drawn out finish like that! Lookin good SG

hi che :wave:, thanks for stoppin in! The SK#1 is ridiculous, I can't wait to smoke her!

I am hoping for the best with my flush and I'm very excited for the pending chop!

Peace bro!
sg

bostrom155

Holy shit that sk1 looks very nice SG, ive tried Nirvanans SK1, twice, never had any luck with a keeper, looks like you found on though

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I hope the SK1 is good for you, my experience was no tan bueno! I want to lay a bet that the PKxPR will be the favorite. I know that is the lady I am pulling for!

Peace, :joint:

Holy shit that sk1 looks very nice SG, ive tried Nirvanans SK1, twice, never had any luck with a keeper, looks like you found on though

thanks bostrom! i appreciate the kind words ... the interesting part is that i have most definitely not run her to her potential, so i am VERY excited for the next run. got a girl vegging in a big container as we speak! peace bro, -sg

I hope the SK1 is good for you, my experience was no tan bueno! I want to lay a bet that the PKxPR will be the favorite. I know that is the lady I am pulling for!

yea bro, i'm hopin it smokes the way it smells! as far as the pr X pk, the one I have finishing up soon appears to be a kush pheno ... no colors so far, can you believe that?? her long flush began yesterday, so we'll see what happens. I have another pheno in that just started, a lot smaller but is looking wonderful so far. ill let u know how that pr x pk comes out tho :D, thanks for stoppin in, peace, -sg

As a side note ... I am starting to understand the implications of some of these plants being root bound. Not only do they drink very often, but they show other issues, such as losing fan leaves and such. It is something I will avoid in the future.

Stay safe out there, peace, -sg

PS - apparently i need to give out more rep because i couldn't rep you guys again!! k+

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Hey buddy let me chime in on the root bound issue...I just pulled a girl who had about a two month veg in a 5 gal bucket and she had plenty of space to grow.

bostrom155

Hey buddy let me chime in on the root bound issue...I just pulled a girl who had about a two month veg in a 5 gal bucket and she had plenty of space to grow.

i cant wait to pull my first 5g hempy to see the roots and how much space is left. today i xplanted 1 gal hempy into 5. the 1G were vegging for 3 weeks and it was about 3/4 full of roots maybe little less. i just came back from walmart and got 8- 2.5G trash cans. gonna try those with a 3 week or so veg too.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Our plants that we pulled about 3 weeks ago were transplanted from 1gal. to 5gal. right before the switch and they had taken up a considerable amount more in the 1 then when the plant was done in the 5....I hope that made sense...Those plants had a veg time of about one month. Now, they could have vegged another month or two and I don't think they would have become root bound in the 5gal bucket.
SG-sorry for posting so much on your thread. Just trying to be helpfull.

Me too sorry bro.. thought i was in the hempy bucket thread...damn permafrost

LOL you guys, i dont mind!! this is an open forum, the more talk about hempy buckets, the better! i'll just throw a few pics in there every once in a while :D. anyone can post what they want ... just no hate :snowkiss:

The girls in flower have about a 5 week veg in a 1 gallon and I think they are hitting the limit a little. I kind of want to find out the "perfect" amount of veg time for my buckets, mostly by studying the roots at the end.

I was actually thinking more about all these little bitches I have in veg that unfortunately due to plant # and space are mostly in red cups still. We are talking about needing water everyday. I'm going to change all that this weekend because it's becoming a huge pain in my ass. As soon as I establish what I'm going to keep, who are girls and boys, etc, there will be plenty more space.

Our plants that we pulled about 3 weeks ago were transplanted from 1gal. to 5gal. right before the switch and they had taken up a considerable amount more in the 1 then when the plant was done in the 5....I hope that made sense...Those plants had a veg time of about one month. Now, they could have vegged another month or two and I don't think they would have become root bound in the 5gal bucket.
SG-sorry for posting so much on your thread. Just trying to be helpfull.

Yea, I agree with you on the 5 gal, unfortunately I don't have the space for 5 gallon buckets. It make sense, after the flip the roots really don't grow a ton in flower, just a little burst at the beginning and that's it.

i cant wait to pull my first 5g hempy to see the roots and how much space is left. today i xplanted 1 gal hempy into 5. the 1G were vegging for 3 weeks and it was about 3/4 full of roots maybe little less. i just came back from walmart and got 8- 2.5G trash cans. gonna try those with a 3 week or so veg too.

That should be interesting to see ... make sure to hit me with a link if you plan on doing a grow log (YOU SHOULD !! hehe). I am always looking for the perfect container for my plants ... I really wish I could just custom design a pot with size/volume.

Thanks for stoppin in guys, enjoy your evening ...

peace, sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
what about grow bags? There is a simple way to make your own with panda film and one of those sealers. You could custom make whatever size you needed. I'd like to use them, but don't really need them right now. Also, those kitty litter buckets are square and very easy to use. I don't know how much they hold but we had success with two of them (30 day veg). Keep up the good work and be safe!

bostrom155

OG- i am too lazy, but maybe it would be nice to have pictures all the way through
good idea dub.
My current goal is to cycle in 3 buckets aweek, in 2.5(trash cans) or 5 gallon buckets, veg between 5-8 weeks, i have room for 15-5gal or about 20 or more 2.5G under my 400, hoping its enough light. and some room under the 400MH thats for first month veg before 5G

what about grow bags? There is a simple way to make your own with panda film and one of those sealers. You could custom make whatever size you needed. I'd like to use them, but don't really need them right now. Also, those kitty litter buckets are square and very easy to use. I don't know how much they hold but we had success with two of them (30 day veg). Keep up the good work and be safe!

dude, that is such a great idea ... I never thought of using a sealer, I need to look into that! Then I could make and use whatever size I want ... GENIUS! I've seen people use the kitty litter ones before but alas, I have no kitties, so it would be tough to go through all that kitty litter ... although I'm sure I could find someone who does use em. Oh well, thanks for the advice! stay safe, peace, -sg

OG- i am too lazy, but maybe it would be nice to have pictures all the way through
good idea dub.
My current goal is to cycle in 3 buckets aweek, in 2.5(trash cans) or 5 gallon buckets, veg between 5-8 weeks, i have room for 15-5gal or about 20 or more 2.5G under my 400, hoping its enough light. and some room under the 400MH thats for first month veg before 5G

15 5 gal under a 400 watt is way too many for that little of a light, especially vegging 5-8 weeks. We are talking about getting towards the "tree" range here and you'd need a lot more light to keep that going IMHO. Either way, get things moving and let us know how it turns out. Peace, -sg

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
15 5 gal under a 400 watt is way too many for that little of a light, especially vegging 5-8 weeks. We are talking about getting towards the "tree" range here and you'd need a lot more light to keep that going IMHO. Either way, get things moving and let us know how it turns out. Peace, -sg

You are exactly correct. Trees can easily be grown with an 8 week veg cycle but trees need space to themselves and large containers to veg in. I also believe that trees are a lot easier to get with hydro than soil.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the pr x pk first pheno, gettin further along now :)

Skunk #1 - fan leaves got burnt to hell from pH shit, but she is by far the heaviest yielder, she keeps falling over! her nug smells SO delicious as well

picture.php

The double bubble, lookin real nice!Not as frosty as I'd like though

picture.php

:woohoo::woohoo:

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran

Is it possible for you to move that 400hps to the veg room and put in a pair of 600's or 1000's in the flowering room? Our bloom room only runs a 1000 and w/ IR block mylar....it's bright as hell! Our other bloom room is running a dual arc 1000w....and those plants love it!

You are exactly correct. Trees can easily be grown with an 8 week veg cycle but trees need space to themselves and large containers to veg in. I also believe that trees are a lot easier to get with hydro than soil.

100% agreed. Trees are much easier in hydro, otherwise they need a massive soil foot print (relative) which can be a bitch unless you have a barn / warehouse hanging around :D. stay safe hydrosun, peace, -sg

thanks for stoppin in my man! peace, -sg

Is it possible for you to move that 400hps to the veg room and put in a pair of 600's or 1000's in the flowering room? Our bloom room only runs a 1000 and w/ IR block mylar....it's bright as hell! Our other bloom room is running a dual arc 1000w....and those plants love it!

Ditto, lol. Just great points as always dubwise ...

peace, -sg

bostrom155

Hey Dub, i didnt explain it right (its the new weed):xmasnut: Anyway the 400 is my veg room, and i have 2x1000 and just added a 600 for flower. I also have a 400mh for the first month or so of veg in their first home, till they fill out the container then into the 5G or 2.5G trash can. Im just hoping its enough veg light, if i had too i could put the two 400 together, and break out my 150's for the first veg stage? But would need to find more juice somewhere to run the 150's i have 4 but 2 would suffice i think, but the extra 300watts???? rather not but who knows. i have 4 foot T12's but never saw as good as growth. Anyway we will see.

Good evening everyone ... just thought I'd throw up a few pics before going out for the evening.

Things are going well, we have about a week left on the 3 girls in flower and I have 3 more pretty much ready to go in, probably tomorrow infact. I wish I could run the PR x PK a little longer but due to time constraints and plans, she is MOST LIKELY only getting a week more. Luckily I have another one already in there and 1 more about to make the switch.

I will be taking some clones from some of the bigger plants in about a week or so and at some point the new seedlings will be put into Gato-Hempys for sexing in the flower room. Anyways, here are the pics, stay safe everyone.
peace, sg

The veg room here is packed with lots of new additions (I guess that's what happens when you figure out the whole seed thing :D). Some of the older strains in the back right, mostly happy brother x chemd in the middle, some satori in the middle too, a church and original haze x skunk#1 on the left.The stable is starting to fill up :woohoo:
picture.php

This is the beautiful Sk#1 in veg. She was topped multiple times and really looks great. She will be in the flower room tomorrow.
picture.php

PR x PK - part way through here flush
picture.php

Double Bubble - not that frosty compared to the other two
picture.php

SK#1 - smells like ripe melon now, seriously awesome.
picture.php