What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious Seeds Chronic

G

greenmatter

thanks to (almost) all of you who took the time to send info in my direction. i was letting a one sentence blurb in serious seeds description of chronic get to my head. some input and good advice on your parts let me know i got no worries. the pheno that i have does not grow the single central but that i have seen in all the pictures, without any training, topping (which serious seeds said this girl does not like) or LST she has formed a 2 1/2 foot diameter canopy that has about 30 6 inch tall buds in it and she looks like she is stout enough to hold all of it up on her own. been doing this for a day or two and i gotta say i am impressed. wish i could get some photos up but i am pretty much computer retarded. again thanks for your input, it took some of the load off. PEACE

btw simon .. great cure thread you got started there, if there is a easier way to take all guesswork out of the cure i have not seen it. good work!

Hey toke, at least you're not taking your hate/anger out by shooting up a school, just trolling grow forums (when clearly you do not have the capability to follow your dreams, and are jealous of the people who actually have the means/ambition to grow)

your telling me to shoot up a school over telling somone what everybody includeing yourself already knows, that chronic is very average quality erb at best. pretty fucked up dude. i wish my man well on growing it and have already sent him a private message explainiing my experience with it. hear him complaining? few more ingnore listers though. no worries.:wave:

i cant beleive a critique of serious seeds chronic has u telling me i cant follow my dreams in life. somebody needs something stronger-

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
... chronic is very average quality erb at best. pretty fucked up dude.

Having grown out a bunch from seed to find the right mom, I'd be willing to put money on this particular Chronic plant laying you out cold. Seeing how you're a poseur who buys weed, it wouldn't even take a toothpick joint. If you actually grew and had the knowledge and experience that goes with it, you'd understand just how ridiculous you sound. For now, you're just another wannabe endlessly polluting the Strains forum with repetitive questions.

Simon

G

greenmatter

Hey toke, at least you're not taking your hate/anger out by shooting up a school, just trolling grow forums (when clearly you do not have the capability to follow your dreams, and are jealous of the people who actually have the means/ambition to grow)

your telling me to shoot up a school over telling somone what everybody includeing yourself already knows, that chronic is very average quality erb at best. pretty fucked up dude. i wish my man well on growing it and have already sent him a private message explainiing my experience with it. hear him complaining? few more ingnore listers though. no worries.:wave:

i cant beleive a critique of serious seeds chronic has u telling me i cant follow my dreams in life. somebody needs something stronger-

i did not complain about any of the INFORMATION you gave me. on the other hand the way you shared your OPINION in open forum is bullshit. one or two of the people on the thread seem to take their chronic seriously. what do you expect. the term "talk shit, get hit" seems to come to mind. it is cool to say what you think just try to be cool about it. take a look at my signature. if you can't see the sense in it please feel free to introduce me to your ignore button

Having grown out a bunch from seed to find the right mom, I'd be willing to put money on this particular Chronic plant laying you out cold. Seeing how you're a poseur who buys weed, it wouldn't even take a toothpick joint. If you actually grew and had the knowledge and experience that goes with it, you'd understand just how ridiculous you sound. For now, you're just another wannabe endlessly polluting the Strains forum with repetitive questions.

Simon

id suggest u both type in chronic in the search function and see what comes up. might enlighten you, if u have grown out a bunch and found a keeper bravo, but please get of the ego aspect of it, my man here has one free seed not 30. i tried a pack , bought them for yeild and they did what i wanted them to, buds under a small hps as big as my keyboard, tasted great actually, gave em a long flush and i enjoyed the flavour, the high sucked, im not being serious or angry about it. i state i didnt like them, and im told i dont grow, i make a joke about it, and im told to shoot up a school? r you fuckers nuts? serious seeds make u guys serious, id guess u guys also grow lowlifes stuff as well.

welcome to my ignore list :wave:

G

greenmatter

id suggest u both type in chronic in the search function and see what comes up. might enlighten you, if u have grown out a bunch and found a keeper bravo, but please get of the ego aspect of it, my man here has one free seed not 30. i tried a pack , bought them for yeild and they did what i wanted them to, buds under a small hps as big as my keyboard, tasted great actually, gave em a long flush and i enjoyed the flavour, the high sucked, im not being serious or angry about it. i state i didnt like them, and im told i dont grow, i make a joke about it, and im told to shoot up a school? r you fuckers nuts? serious seeds make u guys serious, id guess u guys also grow lowlifes stuff as well.

welcome to my ignore list :wave:

sorry bone you could have posted about 2/3 of this in your first post and you would not have gotten the response that you did. if you said IMHO it sucks i think you would have been better than comparing it to decent mexican. i did ask for the good and bad in my original post, so maybe it is part my bad. would it have made a difference if i had asked you to play nice. i got corrected for using the word sucks once in a thread about beer preference. when i re-read my own post i saw what pissed folks off and restated my position in a better way. pissing people off is easy... it really helps when you call them lowlifes.:moon: IMHO of course

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
id suggest u both type in chronic in the search function and see what comes up. might enlighten you,

Fair enough. I like to search. I saw you describing Chronic as big, fluffy buds that taste like hay. Fascinating. You can see what else I found right below.

if u have grown out a bunch and found a keeper bravo, but please get of the ego aspect of it, my man here has one free seed not 30. i tried a pack , bought them for yeild and they did what i wanted them to, buds under a small hps as big as my keyboard, tasted great actually, gave em a long flush and i enjoyed the flavour, the high sucked, im not being serious or angry about it. i state i didnt like them, and im told i dont grow, i make a joke about it, and im told to shoot up a school? r you fuckers nuts? serious seeds make u guys serious, id guess u guys also grow lowlifes stuff as well.

Hmm...how can we can put this in perspective? In October of '10 you were asking about a plan to setup a grow in a kitchen cabinet cooled by a computer fan. This is your post:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=192127

heres my plans: maybe somebody can help me

typical kitchen cabinet as cab
floros for lighting, either 3 to 4 (25- 40) watt cfs or 1 pl-l 110 watt ten thousand lumens htg set up. cab is probally a foot deep tops

running autos, just need to keep the girls at a nice temp, looking for quiet n cheap compueter fan n ease of set up, i imagine a intake n outtake is best, if u guys have any links or u can paste me something id really appriciate it, i gotta get them seeds bred n ready for a spring bankathon

Let's give you the benefit of doubt and say that you managed to get the beans, and setup the CFL microgrow by the first of November. Chronic needs at least 10 weeks to flower from seed, which would mean that you'd be harvesting right about now. Clearly, your own words contradict that idea.

Of course, this is not what happened, as near the end of November you still had not stated a grow:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=194709

i was wondering what might be a happy haverst with such little light(three 42 watt 2700k clfs), would 60 grams be possible roughly, one to two month veg then 8 week flower ? half a gram a watt sound possible, just wondering what the grow gurus have experienced.

So, now we're into December before you can begin growing something. As you now claim to have a HPS, the first mention of you as an actual owner of one came just yesterday, after you were accused of being a poseur scumbag in this thread.

However, this isn't over quite yet. At the end of December of '10 you uploaded this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=198770

thank for checking my post, heres my plans

1. lights 400hps + about 60 watts of 6400 cfls (theese are for blue light n not to increase yeild so much)

2. 3 gallon containers
3. Northern light seeds (ten) feminized

4. veg=about 2 months

5. medium=mostly peat, perlite n some castings.

ive got a great green thumb but know the game is largely played with lumens.

but haveing such a long veg im wondering if i could pull say ten ounces.

whats your thoughts, i saw one guy on the ic pull one pound of one chronic plant vegged for one month under a 400 light, he had it really dialed in though. thx one an all for any insight u might have to share with me.

Now, it's a week before (new year) 2011 and you still don't have a HPS grow going with a strain that needs at least 10 weeks to flower, as well as time to veg. Tell us, how it it possible for you to have grown Chronic under this light, not to mention cure it? I'll tell you how; there's no alternate universe where such a thing could happen. Obviously, you are lying.

Do you have anything to add?

Simon

G

greenmatter

Fair enough. I like to search. I saw you describing Chronic as big, fluffy buds that taste like hay. Fascinating. You can see what else I found right below.

Hmm...how can we can put this in perspective? In October of '10 you were asking about a plan to setup a grow in a kitchen cabinet cooled by a computer fan. This is your post:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=192127

Let's give you the benefit of doubt and say that you manged to get the beans, and setup the CFL microgrow by the first of November. Chronic needs at least 10 weeks to flower from seed, which would mean that you'd be harvesting right about now. Clearly, your own words contradict that idea.

Of course, this is not what happened, as near the end of November you still had not stated a grow:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=194709

So, now we're into December before you can begin growing something. As you now claim to have a HPS, the first mention of you as an actual owner of one came just yesterday, after you were accused of being a poseur scumbag in this thread.

However, this isn't over quite yet. At the end of December of '10 you uploaded this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=198770

Now, it's a week before (new year) 2011 and you still don't have a HPS grow going with a strain that needs at least 10 weeks to flower, as well as time to veg. Tell us, how it it possible for you to have grown Chronic under this light, not to mention cure it? I'll tell you how; there's no alternate universe where such a thing could happen. Obviously, you are lying.

Do you have anything to add?

Simon

wow simon i guess if your gonna get the dreaded ignore button you should do it with style. i suppose if your gonna poke a big dog with a small stick you should know how long its chain is. thanks again for your help.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
I'd say if you have to go through some special process to cure it then it's not worth keeping.

on a side note...

:tiphat:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
wow simon i guess if your gonna get the dreaded ignore button you should do it with style.

You know, I've been on Canna forums for years - OG and CW before IC - and have never used the ignore function. Actually, not on any forum, ever. I doubt many people have. After all, most of us come here for information and a sense of community.

There has to be a problem, when one takes the time to include an ignore message (an oxymoron in every way imaginable, I know) right under his username. Here's an example of a response by an experienced grower to some of his advice posted yesterday:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4212852&postcount=8

There are a few issues associated with someone pretending to be a grower, but I'll list the major two:

1. He doesn't know WTF he's talking about. Imagine some taking his advice regarding coco, as above. These postings dilute the pool of information for no reason, whatsoever, other than making an individual feel better about himself. His personal sense of well-being is not our problem, but his bullshit posted in the name of sincerity is.

2. We all put something on the line to do this. For many, it includes their freedom. Here's someone who's pretending to be such an individual, while living in a world free of the negative constrains we all encounter on a daily bases. It's insulting.

Thanks again for your help.

...anytime.

Simon

bobblehead

Veteran
ok, how about someone who's actually experienced growing Chronic?

Oh HEY! That's me! It really depends on the pheno you find. I did not come across one pheno that smelled like hay. They all had a fruity smell to them. I found 2 basic phenotypes. 1, with big airy buds, and 1 with tight buds. The plant with tight buds finished fastest. It was done in 7-8 weeks. The other phenos could go 8-10, depending on whether or not you have a good dehumidifier to prevent mold. The buzz on the tight bud pheno was really good, as was the flavor. I would put it up there with a lot of the connoisseur quality buds I've smoked. The airy phenos I didn't think were so strong...
attachment.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lain

your telling me to shoot up a school...

I never said you should go shoot up a school, stop taking what I say out of context. I was merely pointing out your obvious hate and inexperience towards the topic at hand, and your inability to express a competent description of what you found to be good/bad about your first grow with Chronic. I also never said you shouldn't follow your dreams, I said you clearly don't have the ambitions/means to do so at this moment, especially now that Simon dug up all your previous BS posts.

Just a competent, unbiased opinion of your experience would have sufficed, with some easy details that you should have remembered (other than "big fat nugs the size of a keyboard under a small hps)

But now, we all know you're a fake. Graduate high school first, you need to be able to properly express yourself in the real world. Real world.

Take it easy and always do your best bud!

Bobblehead, very nice pics of that vscrog/phenos!

bobblehead

Veteran

Simon

You have some great responses in here Simon. Opinions are like ASSHOLES... I'm sure everyone's popped a seed they were disappointed with. Then there's that seed that was spectacular, and ur either happy you took a clone, or kicking yourself because you didn't.

D

DHF

You know.......If this is Simon , "The" Simon OF "Serious Seeds" , then I can attest to the fact that he`s 1 of the more revered grower/breeders in the Euro game per my many conversations with Heath Robinson over many many yrs , and should demand a lil more respect than what this thread`s providing........but....

This site holds many new folks that have no clue , so take everything with a grain of salt as to what`s been grown out , experienced by so-called growers , claiming 1 strains shit while the 1`s they prefer are top shelf....

Pot`s definitely the most debated subject over sativa`s and indica`s along with ALL hybrids within these parameters of effect and duration of effect , as well as what type of effect , so.......I digress.......but then......

You`ve got some sat pheno`s and hybrids that buzz you up and mellow yas out aka as "daytime smoke".....and then folks that love knockout/couchlock indica hybrids call the shit weak and not worth growin.........Yet it`s what all us old heads grew up on.....

There are SO many kinds of varieties/mixed genes out there now it`s impossible to know what 1 person calls weak bullshit , while the guy right next to him pullin on the same joint or bong pipe is diggin it bigtime.....

That`s why they make chocolate and vanilla icecream boy`s and girls........strictly for personal preference......Some folks need knocked out by pot cuz that`s their personality shinin through..........

Other folks love electric Sat`s and uppy sat hybrids for motivation and creativity.......Simon said his pheno would cause couchlock , so it`s obviously a different pheno you supposedly grew out in your cabinet that was weak......

Serious Seed`s has been around for a long long time with the same strains every yr......Yr after Yr.........Says a lot to me....and others....

Kali Mist , White Russian, Chronic , and AK-47 have been the building blocks for only God knows how many MANY polyhybrids that float around the world as we speak , and who knows where the genepool would stand without em......Thanks Simon.....

Would love to try Simon`s pheno of Chronic for obvious reasons......

Respect for the old heads.....DHF......:ying:....