What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious Seeds Chronic

jd4083

Veteran
picked this up as a free seed. very strong plant so far. back in the day i use to hear this stuff was difficult to dry and cure without it tasting "grassy". even serious seeds mentions it. should i dry the s$%t out of it and then try to get some wet back into it when i cure? anyone out there grown this strain? don't mind hearing the good or the bad. opinions welcome!

I have never grown the Chronic, but I can say for certain that allowing your flowers to dry out and then attempting to reintroduce moisture to the jar is asking for mold...and once a bud reaches a certain level of dryness, no amount of jarring in the world will "fix it" and allow it to properly cure. just my $.02

G

greenmatter

great job green, excited to turn mine over. what size pot did they finish in?

the pot was sold to me as a 7 gallon .... i don't really know how many gallons it really is. why are 7 plant gallons and 7 paint gallons two different things? never made sense to me.

G

greenmatter

I have never grown the Chronic, but I can say for certain that allowing your flowers to dry out and then attempting to reintroduce moisture to the jar is asking for mold...and once a bud reaches a certain level of dryness, no amount of jarring in the world will "fix it" and allow it to properly cure. just my $.02

thanks for the two cents jd. pretty sure i got it covered now (hope so went in a jar today) check out simon's curing thread,it is well worth the read.... you gotta like foolproof. PEACE

G

greenmatter

glad i got the free seed .... the chunky cheese that i paid for to get the freebie turned into a bunch of hermies. at least fate gave me a pat on the head shortly before the kick in the sack. it all evens out i suppose.

blank85

I think alot of people dont realise that you can make any strain smell like hay and have a weak high. It just takes improper grow method.

The lsd that comes out of my setup absolutely DESTROYS the lsd from a friends setup. And i gave him the clone. Its because he sucks at growing. For one thing the temps in his room were often 35 degrees celcius which didnt seem to bother him.

So when "iwannatokeandspreadmisinformation" says he grew chronic that had a weak high it merely shows how crap he is, not how crap chronic is.

Cant he get banned from the forum? Surely there is enough evidence to prove him a liability to all of us? Especially new growers seeking advice.

señorsloth

Veteran
none of my plants started to smell really till week 6-7, now going on 9 they are starting to reak! at week 5 they all still just smelled like vegging plants for the most part, and i have some stinky strains!

Claude

Veteran
id suggest u both type in chronic in the search function and see what comes up. might enlighten you, if u have grown out a bunch and found a keeper bravo, but please get of the ego aspect of it, my man here has one free seed not 30. i tried a pack , bought them for yeild and they did what i wanted them to, buds under a small hps as big as my keyboard, tasted great actually, gave em a long flush and i enjoyed the flavour, the high sucked, im not being serious or angry about it. i state i didnt like them, and im told i dont grow, i make a joke about it, and im told to shoot up a school? r you fuckers nuts? serious seeds make u guys serious, id guess u guys also grow lowlifes stuff as well.

welcome to my ignore list :wave:

Hey bud chill out... :grouphug:

It is funny!!

I to found the Chronic a little weak and that is because I smoke to much, this is normal for one that smoke as much as I do.

But any strain will do the same with time.

You smoke your Mexican with seeds in it for one year and then smoke a Chronic joint and you will find it a little stronger.

Please have it grown by someone who know how to grow.

Respect
Claude

G

greenmatter

Beautiful Job Greeny..How did they taste out of the jar??

it tasted great .......... one of the biggest pot snobs i have ever met loved it enough to take it all, so i did not get to smoke much of it. he still asks if i have more every time i see him.

everyone's "taste" is different, but the chronic is an easy grow and if you cure it right (thanks again simon) it tastes wonderful...... i know the haters hate that, but it's my 2 cents:tiphat:

Claude

Veteran
You have done a great job bro.

I would not care about other negative peoples!

Much Respect
Claude

word bro, first stain I ever grew out pre2k, and post2k.
Still one of my favs.Have found some great moms.
I see Serious has 2 new additions to their line up! hhhhmmmmm???

Homebrewer

Veteran
Full disclosure here, I'm a big fan of Serious Seeds. Kali Mist is my all-time favorite and AK47 has always treated me well. Last year I picked up some Chronic to give their biggest yielder a try. It seems to be a plant that would work best in a SOG setup. I had a few phenos that were boarderline odorless but those aren't the ones you keep. The pheno I chose has a sweet, breadiness to it with some background mango scents. My only complaint is that she tends to autoflower in veg which means I can't keep a mother, I just need to clone from each new batch of vegging chronics.

I actually found the stone to be quite powerful, but then again, I'm an experience grower with discernible tastes. The potency will be there in your pack of beans, you just need to find it.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
from way back huh. since i stumbled in here i might as well add im still running my keeper chronic, its one of my favorite smokes. smells amazing when cured properly.
here she is at around 45 days
picture.php