What's new

what do u think you could yeild with three 42 watt cfls?

i was wondering what might be a happy haverst with such little light(three 42 watt 2700k clfs), would 60 grams be possible roughly, one to two month veg then 8 week flower ? half a gram a watt sound possible, just wondering what the grow gurus have experienced.

BagseedSamurai

I've personally done something very similar to this in my early days. Expect no more than 15 grams, and expect it to be wispy.

hazydreams

In my opinion CFLs are good for a hobby grow where your after a modest yeild. To start hitting .5-1 gram per watt your going to need some sort of HID light. Your trying to achieve density in the micro world. and the way to get that with light intensity. Don't over do it but 75w/sf of HPS is going to get you where you want to be with the right strain.

posting the size of your room would be helpful.
yield per square foot is something i have been tampering with for a while. my best yet is 56 grams. that would be a decent benchmark i guess depending on your experience, strain and chosen method.

DownShift

15 grams is a very low estimate. My Northern Lights buds are some of the densest buds I've smoked, and under less light then that. Some strains put out airy buds under low light, but certainly not all.

I've seen multiple examples on this forum of people pulling somewhere in the 30 gram range with 100w of CFLs.

blynx pulled 30 grams on his first run with around 75 watts of CFL if I remember right. After that he switched to 115 watts, and I believe his best yield was about 50 grams (again, pending my questionable memory:comfort:... do a search if you want to verify this:))

I would expect from 20 to 40 grams, depending on how well you do. I would say that with good genetics 60 grams is completely attainable, but you would need it to be pretty dialed in.

i agree with the 15 gram estimate being off, i would run them vertical also and place plants around them about n inch or two from the bulbs, i have seen plenty of whispy hps budds as well, 1000 watt whispers, its all about closeness. blynxx grows are nice, i may in the future have to get a few 68 watts cfls, grow around them. i guess 30+ grams isnt that bad.

if u look at beekaas grow also, he yeilded 60 grams of 72 watts of t-8s, true it was a bunch of stem but the .5 gram per watt game has clfs n plls in the club, the gram a watt game is your hid grows.

Nicoli

Veteran
I wouldnt go with a long veg, i'd go with multiple plants, 0veg, donkey dick colas. i'd pry try to run 8-10 stretchy clones from 0veg.

dont be a fkn bum.

Alcatraz

hmm i got bout 15 gramm of lowryder with 92 watt... but if you do right, why not getting 60 gramm. But i would say realistic are between 20 and 50 g

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you went vertical and had everything right, with high yielding strain, I would guess over .5 gram per watt.

O

OZZ

15 grams? Is this being serious? Years ago I did over 100 grams off of 6x26 watt bulbs growing tree style. Grow towards the strength of CFL and you'll be fine. SOG and SCROG man. Get those lights close and the HID advantage disappears.

Norrsken

15g what a joke.. 100g is very posibell! When growing with cfls it´s important you use the light as good as you can. Keep them close and use mylar on the walls,floor and ceiling and use reflaktors..

It´s also much about how much space you got, getting the right temperatures and so on..

Get all optimal and 100g should be nemas problemas. I did a grow in a big speaker (Check my album). First I had 89watt and then added so I had 135watt. This was my first grow.. I would rly been surprised if I would not got 50g+ it was fucking buds everywhere!. And 4x 42watt way better light than I had then..

So i´m telling quiet the same story as OZZ

And like you have been told, buy a high yield strain. If you want much, dont get Lowryder.
I´m doing my second grow now, and that also with Northern Light. I can do nothing else but to recommend Northern Light

-Norrsken

Norrsken

Mr Micro here on the forum did a very very smal pc grow. And if I recal right it was with 1x 42watt cfl. And I can tell you one thing. I don´t even think it´s posibell growing in a smaller place than he did.. He got little more than 10g