What's new

yeild question, 400hps, 3 gall containers,, whatcha think?

thank for checking my post, heres my plans

1. lights 400hps + about 60 watts of 6400 cfls (theese are for blue light n not to increase yeild so much)

2. 3 gallon containers
3. Northern light seeds (ten) feminized

4. veg=about 2 months

5. medium=mostly peat, perlite n some castings.

ive got a great green thumb but know the game is largely played with lumens.

but haveing such a long veg im wondering if i could pull say ten ounces.

whats your thoughts, i saw one guy on the ic pull one pound of one chronic plant vegged for one month under a 400 light, he had it really dialed in though. thx one an all for any insight u might have to share with me.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
well, you dont know how many girls your going to have. id lowball to avoid letdown. you must have a better idea of what you stand to clear than anyone else around here. ill throw my hat in and say eight if you come out with six ladies you can put under there. 2 months veg though thats a good while. prob more but i try and force myself to not entertain the sort of wild daydreams were all so prone to have. good luck bro may the grow gods smile upon you!

potheadmd

IMO n xperience you get 20-35grams per female with decent sized plants although with 2 months veg maybe closer to 30-50+grams per female plant. peace and overgrow the world. I just recently harvested my first plant weighing over 2oz 62grams, with the lower 1/4 plant still growing another 30 days or so because i wanted to make some seeds (mystic gem by dutchgrown male x thai haze x original skunk 1 x white widow or aka white otis) going to call them ???

J

jedimike

really depends on your setup. Are you planning to top your plants? Train them? Scrog? What is your space like? Tent or mylar? Ten ounces is easily doable if you set it up the right way. I'd personally shoot for more like 15 if set up well.

The most important factor in your grow to achieve the best yield will be maintaining an even canopy.

I've grown 9, then 6, 3, and finally two in a 4' by 4' space under a 400W lamp*. What I found was that the yield was roughly the same for each (10-12#), as long as the light was captured efficiently. A 400W doesn't have a huge amount of penetrating power so it's important to intercept those lumens.

Obviously having fewer plants trained to fill the same space takes longer to veg and they need bigger pots, but overall the total amount of compost used was about the same in each case. Having fewer plants is also a big plus point if you live in a country where the penalties for getting busted are proportional to the number grown ;)

* eventually upgraded to a 600W for the same space with even better results :)

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
It all depends on the space the plants have. I'd cut the plant numbers down to 4-5 so they can spread out some. Give them some larger containers like 5-7 gallons and I bet you can hit 2-3 oz. per plant if you get it dialed in correctly. The grow area shouldn't be larger than 4x4 ft. to get something like that.

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts