What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SENSI SEEDS: Super Skunk

dubite

Kind of neglected this post but here is the Sunday update. :woohoo:
Grab and chair everyone and let's check some pictures of our favourite plant: :yeahthats

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Noticing more and more white pistils turning slightly brown!! :woohoo: As a result today was their last PK 13/14 feeding and will feed them enzymes for a week when I start to flush.
They should get the axe somewhere around 24th of October.

THC123

Veteran
lookin great , she should be pretty ripe the 24th of october

Did you know that pk13/14 can cause a pretty harsh taste?

dubite

Used it last year also and I could bear with the taste :) They will get a proper flushing no worries. Are enzymes considered flushing, by the way?
@Sideways: please post some more pics of your grow! Looking forward to see how your finished product will look like. :canabis:

dubite

First morning in a while without the dreaded DEW!!! Seems that tonight was not that cold so, there was no condensation occuring.
Plants started to get almost 12/12 since they get covered around 19:30 and they get uncovered at about 7:20. Hairs turning brown and that makes me a happy father!!
Will maybe post some pics later on today.

K++ for all the followers!

dubite

Midweek update

Midweek update

Due to the fact that the neighbour was doing some works in his backyard, less than 15 meters from my plants, I decided to postpone yesterday's photo session.
Today they got what I think is their last feeding: a bit of Bio Bizz Top Max and some enzymes to clean up the soil . Gave them also a few drops of Super Vit in order for them to have some trace minerals in their last weeks of life.

Here is some macros:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is yet another victim:

picture.php

Last but not least a nice canopy shot:

picture.php

:abduct:

dubite

@Cracker420 - Thank you for stopping by. This strain is very fast growing and the plants are amazingly strong.
If you want to grow it outdoors or in a greenhouse though. please take into consideration the mould factor. Plants are not really mould resistant.
For the rest, there is a strong smell already one month before cutting time so I would advise you to have a proper carbon filter for them.

Looking forward to write the smoke report for it :smoker:

Still got some time to go though...

C

cracker420

thanks dupite, i like running indoors. i will grow my sativa's outdoors :) just gotta track me down a clone!! i will prolly just order some seeds.

neongreen

Veteran
ya know whats funny, I also grew out this strain in 2004 and it was the bomb! Huge yield, short fat plants that looked EXACTLY like the Sensi description picture of Super Skunk. Then I moved had to trash my mothers (I had 2 out of a single 10 pack that were the shit) SO I got my new place going figured I'd give it another run due to it being so great the 1st time around, and out of 2 packs I found NO keeps all absolute JUNK! No offense Festivus but they looked just like yours in the pic, I gurantee when they finish (if they ever do, mine went 9weeks and were not done) I cut mine down, it was the worst pot I ever grew hands down. So that being said I went over to the Sensi website and posted my question about what happen to Super Skunk genes? Ya know what response I got? The thread got deleted! I asked very polite, so a few people PM'd me and what I have come to find out is Sensi out sources a lot of the breeding, I don't have all the details but they basically sub contract out to private breeders to make there seeds. I have heard there Northern Lights is garbage now to. Anyway Im done with Sensi, Way to many other breeders with good shit! Super Skunk used to be AWESOME, Huge yield, Strong smoke but NOT anymore from what I have found. 20 Seeds NOT ONE KEEPER!

I keep hearing the same thing. It may just be luck, or that Sensi's parental stock has changed.gone down hill over the years, but I've hard people say before how they grew it out before and it was much better, and if you want to find a keeper these days you need to grow out 2-3 packets at least. I have 3 packets, one from 2004, and two from 2005 which I hope to grow out eventually. People were saying the same things even back then.

on the other hand there was another product from Plagron which contained concentrated milk bacteria. Seems the milk bacteria kicks the moulds ass like Anderson Silva dropped Forrest Griffin!!

You can make the culture very easily yourself. Check this thread for info:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=96325

I had some a few weeks back, but it was starting to get old, so it was pored all over the garden. I should have started another culture to keep me going through flower, but it's a bit late now.

Was the other stuff called "Green Cure"? It's actually potassium bicarbonate and is supposed to to the trick very nicely. I wish I had thought of getting some!

Nice thread dubite, and nice monsters you have there!

I think I would be tempted to cut holes in the sides for more ventilation... just get a sharp knife and cut straight down the middle of one side, and along the bottom, then tie them up like they were curtains on a window. You could cut the mold risk down by quite a bit by doing that I reckon.

If you still want some superskunk pics, I think I have some that I have saved for other peoples posts, that I keep for reference.

Good luck!

dubite

@Grass Roots - I thank you for showing some appreciation for my work! Thank you for dropping by.

@neongreen - I can say I am quite happy about the plants but at the same time can't really compare with the older versions of the Sensi Super Skunk. As for the lacto bacili culture, I also have the problem that I am too late to start it now but I should do it since I am having PM problems the last few days. Thing is, I am afraid that it will be useless when I will be done with it.. Thank you for sharing the knowledge about the lacto bacili though. k++ for that!

And the 'Sunday' update - sorry for being late with it guys:

Macro's first:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now for a short trimming session I had to do. While taking the pics I noticed that the top of a branch which suffered from mould a few weeks back was just hanging, almost waiting to break, so I had to take her out of her misery :laughing:

picture.php

picture.php

End results:
picture.php

picture.php

Now for some canopy shots. As you can see the girls haven't been paying attention to their line lately:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Waiting time now! :abduct:

neongreen

Veteran
@neongreen - I can say I am quite happy about the plants but at the same time can't really compare with the older versions of the Sensi Super Skunk. As for the lacto bacili culture, I also have the problem that I am too late to start it now but I should do it since I am having PM problems the last few days. Thing is, I am afraid that it will be useless when I will be done with it.. Thank you for sharing the knowledge about the lacto bacili though. k++ for that!

My pleasure dubite. Lots of good uses for the LB. No need to limit it to harvest use :)

I also have/had PM problems. Hope you manage to get them sorted... not sure if it would be very effective, but since it is partly enclosed, sulfur-burners might help.

Good luck!

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Just had a reasoning with the person who linked me with the girls and found out they are the 80 day pheno. He said outside they should be done around 20 october.
Picked up the SS over some Amnesia Haze clones due to shorter flowering time...... RIIIIIIGHT!

Covering them most definitely helps!

i much prefer the 55day pheno to the 80day one. more resin, far stronger and obv really fast to grow. running it outside this year for first time.
i found the 80day pheno outdoor to be quite resiliant to mould, had none at all.
i like how big you got yours! they grow very fast huh!!

80day:

55day

Last edited:

dubite

Not the kind of update I like to do but here it goes...
Looks pretty, no? Don't be fooled by tho..

picture.php

Here she is in full swing!!

picture.php

Considering pulling them earlier since the weather will just get worse and worse.

Some macro's and a canopy shot soon come.