What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SENSI SEEDS: Super Skunk

hanuman

Looking great dubite ! Pity about the light pollution. If the light is strong, it'll definitely disrupt your grow. I think you have no choice but covering them... and I can imagine that's not very easy on a square cage like yours (it's already a nightmare when you use tunnel shaped hoops...)

Good luck for the end of the season anyway, the plants are looking fantastic!

h :ying:

lasko

Wow Dubite, those are some awsome looking plants. I'm doing 4 of Nirvana's SS outside now. Still about a month away from harv, suppose to be a 50 day flower. No problems with mold so far. It looks like you'll have a great yield. I grew this out a few years ago and it produced some extremely fat nugs, and it had an overpoweringly sweet, oh-wow flavor.

festivus i have done nirvanas SS, but 15 weeks not 8 as was written on pack.
It was more haze than SS.That was last time i run nirvana and never again
do you have any pic?

dubite

Should I take most of the fan leaves down for better air circulation? What do you advise me to do?

Some pics taken today:

Macro:
picture.php

Tops:
picture.php

hanuman

No, don't cut any fan leaves, please :) .

Air circulation is one thing, but photosynthesis is more important.

h :ying:

ps : vous comprenez le français en roumanie, non ? :)

dubite

Already did cut some lower fan leaves some days ago. Will keep the rest on then hanuman ;)

P.S. Oui on comprends bien le français ;) Toi tu viens d'où? Maintenant je suis pas en Roumanie, je suis a la frontière belge-hollandaise.

dubite

well I took some off and will leave some more on to make both of you happy. hehehe
It seems like the plastic over the greenhouse is working out just fine. After 2 days of having it on it's been snowing around here ;)

Humidity is still an issue in the morning though :1help:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
festivus i have done nirvanas SS, but 15 weeks not 8 as was written on pack.
It was more haze than SS.That was last time i run nirvana and never again
do you have any pic?

Here's a pic from today. The strain must have been reworked, because I grew it out 3 years ago and it was indica-dominant.

Maxyeild

ya know whats funny, I also grew out this strain in 2004 and it was the bomb! Huge yield, short fat plants that looked EXACTLY like the Sensi description picture of Super Skunk. Then I moved had to trash my mothers (I had 2 out of a single 10 pack that were the shit) SO I got my new place going figured I'd give it another run due to it being so great the 1st time around, and out of 2 packs I found NO keeps all absolute JUNK! No offense Festivus but they looked just like yours in the pic, I gurantee when they finish (if they ever do, mine went 9weeks and were not done) I cut mine down, it was the worst pot I ever grew hands down. So that being said I went over to the Sensi website and posted my question about what happen to Super Skunk genes? Ya know what response I got? The thread got deleted! I asked very polite, so a few people PM'd me and what I have come to find out is Sensi out sources a lot of the breeding, I don't have all the details but they basically sub contract out to private breeders to make there seeds. I have heard there Northern Lights is garbage now to. Anyway Im done with Sensi, Way to many other breeders with good shit! Super Skunk used to be AWESOME, Huge yield, Strong smoke but NOT anymore from what I have found. 20 Seeds NOT ONE KEEPER!

Sideways

Hey Dubite- Grown outdoors for quite a while, but kinda new here.
Thought I'd post my thoughts/Pics on the Sensi SuperSkunk I have going now. Started five seeds and all of them popped- got four females out of the bunch (put outside on June 1st). Seemed to me that they were very uniform- mid/thin sized leaves, very vigorous growth- branches upon branches, upon branches, upon, well you get the picture! I actually had to thin alot of branches to get some more cola action. One in particular stunk all through veg.... not too skunky but you could tell it would be....nice. Right now they smell of STRONG LEMONS a little sweet- with a bit of funk coming on as it matures. Almost smelled Hazy?? Anyways- the colas are filling in nicely and are really starting to resin
picture.php
up. Me thinks maybe 4-5 more weeks. Sorry in advance aout the pics.
Hard to tell but the two in
picture.php
front are Superskunk, the one in back is Sensi star. I'll be back with a smoke report when done.
picture.php

keke.nz

Thanks a lot for the soil recipe THC and Dubite, I will try it next time.

Plants are looking awesome everyone. Keep it up

Peace keke

dubite

@Maxyield - The ones festivus is growing are from Nirvana and the ones that Sideways and I are growing are Sensi. Hope the herbs will be good and not swag. The person who linked me with the clones said that the smoke was one of the best he ever tried so that's why he kept that particular pheno.

@keke.nz: you are more than welcome.

@Sideways: I recognize the leaves and the structure (branch upon branch upon branch heheheh). They grow like MAAAAAD!!! Also cut down a lot of thin branches in order to get some decent cola action going on. However, yours are clearly more advanced than mine and I was sort of hoping to have mine done in 4 weeks :S We just have to wait and see.

Will post some more pics soon so keep your eyes on this space.

P.S. If you have any pictures of Super Skunk plants please feel free to hijack the thread ;)

dubite

And a whopping 39 degrees celcius at 12 o'clock and 43 now in my greenhouse. Guess that is not really good he?
On the flipside humidity levels were 50 at 12 and 39 now.

Smell is definately less fruittier as days pass by and that makes me :woohoo: Will try to get some info from the friend who handed me the clones about indoor finishing time, smell and high.
Some macro's later on today. Lately, I noticed we have some elves constantly putting sugar coating on the buds at night..

:wave:

dubite

Frost!
picture.php

Some more sugar coating
picture.php

One branch action :woohoo: Curious how that will look at the end :yoinks:
picture.php

That is what you get when your plants have a high THC percentage...
picture.php

Cannabis 2 - Flies 0
picture.php

Another crazy cola.
picture.php

Maybe the third victim?? :crazy:
picture.php

Enjoy the pictures and have a great Sunday!! :respect:

THC123

Veteran
they are lookin great , i think she will be ready end of october -10 november

This is prolly cuz of the light pollution , you have the same problem as me.

dubite

Just had a reasoning with the person who linked me with the girls and found out they are the 80 day pheno. He said outside they should be done around 20 october.
Picked up the SS over some Amnesia Haze clones due to shorter flowering time...... RIIIIIIGHT!

Covering them most definitely helps!