What's new

Scandalous cannabis convent in the UK

Nunsacred

So far I've preferred the skinny, sativa style phenos.
But I've only seen 4 female ones so far!

This year I'll hopefully see 2 more F1
and 4 of the F2
and 5 more of the hybrid CL x AHP

Wish I'd made a F2 level CL x AHP last year, would like to see if the best CL pheno re-appears there.

AH well. Will try to do that this year.
Better plant some more somewhere.....

Nunsacred

This is the biggest CL x AHP I have this year, with a smaller backup sibling :

CIMG1401copy.jpg

think the big one's female, not sure yet.

Basically it's an attempt to get an early, mould-resistant finisher with Cheese influences making it a great taste too.....

Nunsacred

The heavy clouds have relented :D

I have 5 or 6 plants out there which look big and healthy....
...so I'm happy, that's all I need.

There's quite an lot of small plants too- re-sowing was the general theme for several months there -- got through a lot of seeds in order to keep backup plants on the go.

The biggest difference for my grow between this and last year is the delay in flowering onset.
Last year the CheeseLeb mother plant showed pistils by 17th June.
This year the F2 are a whole month later.

CIMG1464.jpg

They are also considerably bigger.
I've been tying these down, training them away from each other, expecting males but it looks now like they might both be girls :)
This amazes me because they grew up fast like males.
Something must have held the mother's veg growth back last year, maybe something restricted her root growth and forced an earlier flowering, seems likely.

Anyway it seems that persistence won out for me this year & I hope most GGrowers have something to smile about as well.
I must have popped about 150-200 seeds to get these few successful ones.

MJBadger

Veteran
Looking good Nun , fingers x`d for all the outdoor growers now some sun has broken through (sorry Scotland) .

Nunsacred

Yep the sun burned down hard today and it looks like it'll do it again tomorrow.

Whatever's established and safe should be taking off.
Got to hope that the slugs and snails don't ruin things in the next few nights as the sap rises.

I lost my couple of Cheeseleb F1s to slugs, I think it was slugs, they left only short stems behind. Annoying.
But it's probably my fault - this is how I left them before 2 weeks' solid rain :
CIMG1337.jpg

No problems climbing the wet cage and getting to the plants past the copper.

Generally though I had surviving plants in most of my tubes, last time I looked.
Bit of luck this year will be seeing a crop like last year's, just hoping they stay hidden from prying eyes, trying to keep visits to the best times to go unnoticed.
Last couple of years around this time
something drastic seems to happen at one of my sites,
So far, a big tree collapsed and also a car crashed at high speed and rolled, stopping against a tree next to my plants.
That was fucked up for me as I approached up the trail of smashed nettles etc wondering what the fuck warranted a military response to my little grow..... lol

maybe this year it'll be different....

*rocks back and forth*

Last edited:

July

sounds like some fun you been having there lol, damm them bastard slugs though, they are a pain in the ass mate, it was like a slug metropolis at one of my spots at the other week, lets just hope this sun sticks about :)

Nunsacred

CIMG1517.jpg

Finally I see the sort of vigour I expected from the hybrid CL x AHP.
There are 2 plants here; I still can't tell the sex of these yet.
I'd definitely expect AHP to show by that size if it was male, and the big one does seem more like AHP in its branching and leaf shape/size.
Quite a promising sweet citrus smell to the veg growth.
I'm getting excited about this now.
Another "please be female" chorus :blowbubbles:

If there's one definite female I like the looks of :
CIMG1510.jpg

CIMG1509.jpg

probably not quite as quick to finish as lowryder/ruderalis
but a perfect compromise at 52N Lat

Nunsacred

Action brings good fortune.
Here are the 2 CheeseLebs which need to be prevented from climbing to a silly height and exploding out over a busy road.
CIMG1543.jpg

Nunsacred

i bet she still goes way over that bush! would love to see what she looks like now with all the shoots reaching for the sky
:) Yes, I went back after about 2 weeks

pictures didn't come out well - partly too dark & too close :
CIMG1634.jpg

I'll keep tying them down. The quantity of bud tips is breathtaking, so it'll be surprising if they don't get sniffed out.

I want to breed the sativa qualities more than the indica qualities, however the plants seem to have different ideas :)
I'm not sure why but the female plant I really wanted to breed last year only gave a few seeds - I think maybe I cut the male down 2 weeks too early for her.
The other CL mother was a casual side-project, a good performer..... & it's these seeds which are looking so good now.

Ah well, I am guided by the plants.
Probably no breeding this year because about half of the grow drowned in floods, and I simply removed males from the rest.
The one exception was a large CL x AHP male which I left a small branch on.... could possibly breed these CL F2s with it.
That could be good as the male smells rather nicely of lemon biscuits.

Nunsacred

Obviously when you train a plant over sideways
you expect it might collapse fully onto the ground when it gets heavy later.

This could possibly snap the main stem or the rootball if it happens violently - I don't know.
If it lay on the floor it wouldn't really matter because all the side stems are upright already from the low position.
But the worry is if it happens quickly it might snap the roots or even mainstem.

So, some kind of truss/trestle might be a good idea to keep it in place.
CIMG1740.jpg

Bamboo and twine :)

Also this year I've seen a nice pheno rather like the Cheeseleb parent I used
coming through in the hybrid cross
This one has shot up to a really big size really quickly :

CIMG1761.jpg

Nearly all stem and open space but I don't mind :)
Looks like something growing in the Himalayas rather than the UK lowland, to my eye :)
Smells very sour at the moment but I know this will probably turn very sweet in the cure, if it gets that far without being stolen....

I think what we're looking at here is something like Mexican sativa come through the old Skunk#1 line.
( Might be wrong )

Nunsacred

Progressing nicely....
CIMG1851.jpg

The smell is getting very exciting there now.
The nearer leafier one has the minty berry and shocking smell of fresh shit,
while the further one with tighter nugs has a very nice sweet blast of cheeseplant fruit with a nasty cheesey rotten smell as well.

So I am very happy. I've got samples drying and I know for sure I can get the right phenos from this F2 seed stock