What's new

Scandalous cannabis convent in the UK

rocket high

Veteran
Good to hear from you again Nun .... your plants look fine, they should be a good size come July.

Good work ;)

Nunsacred

Thanks Paulo, niceeven, Rocket High, and Pietje Puck :)

Things are rolling along nicely, got a few poking out of their chicken wire tubes now.

Some plants seem to have natural slug resistance, where their stems don't get climbed or eaten. My clone of that Wizard's Sleeve is a good example.
I will take more clones of that soon enough. :)
Very valuable trait, that is.
edit : I've got another Wizards Sleeve seedling out there this year and that's also doing very well with no slug damage - maybe no coincidence

The last wave of plants are putting out their first leaves....

RudeDog

Veteran
Looking good Nun....Hope your little uns are holding their own in this latest bout of bad weather across the UK.

Elephant Face

Hey you moved house Nun. Shame you had to go but its ok i found you.

Hows the copper doing you any fatalities??

Will keep popping by.

EF

Nunsacred

Cheers guys

It's getting amusing now, some of my plants are looking happy.

Hey you moved house Nun. Shame you had to go but its ok i found you.

Hows the copper doing you any fatalities??

Will keep popping by.

EF
Hi EF
The copper works well overall, I'm pleased to say
But ..... If you're trying to germinate in pipe it's not so easy.
It works much better with seedlings at about 15-30cm height which can just fit through with a bit of help, and let the stem support the pipe without pushing/twisting into soil.
2 fatalities where slugs seem to have got to plants tips by another route.

Yes the departure from the uk site was offensive.
I sometimes throw stones.
It's a twatty greenhouse after all.
"Ditch the dealer" was the motto, hypocrisy rules there.
Pity they don't stay there!

rocket high

Veteran
Good to hear someones OD grow in the UK has turned out well so far, a few of us are having issues mostly with the weather(rain)/temps not allowing the roots to to take up nutes leaving them small for this time of year. But i'll have some bud come the end July from the looks of some of the early Pheno's

Any pics Nun ?

Elephant Face

Cheers guys

It's getting amusing now, some of my plants are looking happy.

Hi EF
The copper works well overall, I'm pleased to say
But ..... If you're trying to germinate in pipe it's not so easy.
It works much better with seedlings at about 15-30cm height which can just fit through with a bit of help, and let the stem support the pipe without pushing/twisting into soil.
2 fatalities where slugs seem to have got to plants tips by another route.

Yes the departure from the uk site was offensive.
I sometimes throw stones.
Never a good idea, is it, but it's irresistible sometimes when someone nearby has a twatty greenhouse.

I would not advise as germination method.

Not sure how any slug could get passed you sure was slug attack and not another cause of death. Perhaps they got on each other shoulders. Or if wet some was low enough that stretched up to it. I have had some croak it from stem rot this year which could look like slug.

Yer dont think its to hard to get the boot from that site if you don't toe the line. Its annoys me when threads just get reedited but understand why they do what they do as keep the place nice and clean. I use another site and that really went down hill due to trolls bad mouthing etc.

Things are coming along ok my end but has been bit slow and few little setbacks but nothing to worry about yet.

Safe and sound

EF :ying:

Elephant Face

Good to hear someones OD grow in the UK has turned out well so far, a few of us are having issues mostly with the weather(rain)/temps not allowing the roots to to take up nutes leaving them small for this time of year. But i'll have some bud come the end July from the looks of some of the early Pheno's

Any pics Nun ?

Guessing you in Scotland fair play i salute anyone who can get a crop doing guerilla up there, :tiphat:

July bud early pheno is this auto or what exactly, sounds interesting.

:ying:

Nunsacred

Any pics Nun ?
Yeh I understand; most of mine are still very small and going slowly....
For every one which is growing nicely now, I've had 10 others ...
I reckon the weather's been great for growing but no sign of any flowers anywhere yet in my grow....

Here's one I really like.
CIMG1253.jpg

No digging, 2 litres grow bag soil in the bottom of a chicken wire tube, planted as tiny seedling.
Protected from gastropods with drink can rosette. Sometimes these work, sometimes they don't.

Last year I got a similar one planted with little prep, which just shot up, while the others languished. That was a different strain.

EF, some of my wire tubes aren't wide enough. So the plant is no longer safe when its leaves touch the sides, as snails adorn the wire in the wet. Slugs too......but it's the little snails which really seem to be the first to eat the tips of seedlings and strip leaves.
I put some pellets down and saw a mass execution, these are the numbers I'm up against :
CIMG1263.jpg

Puts me off using pellets, it's like a beach of shells building up around the tube....
Over winter I'll recycle all my old thin tubes from the front line into larger ones and see what the success rate with copper pipe is then...

Got a couple of CheeseLeb which are freaky but vigorous. One is really dark with a lot of stretch going on, the other has even numbers of leaflets, the leaves are slightly offset from a central stem point. Looks good at the moment.
They are planted about 5cm apart, (each has a copper sleeve) in a really wide tube.
If one or both is female I think that'll be the highlight of this year's grow....

There are a couple of CheeseLeb F2 I bred last year which look pretty good too :
CIMG1251.jpg

Could be large plants, I think....

wotamess

Right, so I think I've been misunderstanding exactly what these Lebcheese seeds are!

are they :

Leb#27 female x Cheese dom male ....?

I'd been thinking it was Exodus Cheese cut female x Leb#27 male.....

Meanwhile, the Wizard's Sleeve clone is doing well - going to be a decent size by late May planting!

View Image

Hey nun!

Sorry I haven't been around...

you were thinking right, mate...

- original Lebanese cheese was exodus cheese cut dusted with leb27 males

- ''Leb#27 female x Cheese dom male'' is the selection used in making the Lebanese cheese f1's.

you have the F1's I made :yes:

hope you're doing well. Plants are looking good!

-wam-

Nunsacred

WAM, this is just confusing me again. :dunno:

- ''Leb#27 female x Cheese dom male'' is the selection used in making the Lebanese cheese f1's.

you have the F1's I made :yes:
I thought you said in PM that you used a single Lebanese#27 male plant for pollen, with the Exodus Cheese cut as a mother, in damp conditions, bit of mould as the seeds developed....

Now you seem to be saying that you planted Cheese seeds to find a father plant. Which breeder's Cheese was that?

:scripture: my favourite strain, growing it for the 3rd season, and I'm still not 100% sure which strains were actually used as the parents. Please confirm! :prettyplease:

Nunsacred

CIMG1311.jpg

This is CheeseLeb x AHP looking happy and putting out some 13-blade leaves :)

Will it be female ? - no sign yet.....

the roots must be nicely down into the ground beneath the small swamp tube....there's only about 2L of compost in the tube and now there's another 25cm seedling one coming up in there too so I cut some some space for that.

For me this is perfect size of plant - should end up big but not a monster and there's a replacement there already if it's male..... :)

The

Nunsacred

Hi Harold, no, there's not a big wiff there.

Do you know if the original seeds are F1 or F2? The latter would make more sense in terms of the variation pattern I see.....