What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ranching With Rootwise

G

Ganja D

Nomaad, woke up to snow this morning so looks like tomorrow..

My take: I began farming and followed Steiner's methodology and the Biodynamic calendar for a number of years. After managing 126 acres of fruit trees for 3 years and working on numerous farms from branding cattle to harvesting organic salad greens, to pressing cider full time, I learned probably the most important and valuable lesson there is in farming:

Get your work done in the window you are given, not the window you are waiting for.

I can't tell you how many times we waited around for that darn calendar to tell us the day to do something only to miss the window due to weather, a broken machine, etc....only to be caught thinking,"YEP, could have been done with this a couple days ago." You get the idea. Don't get me wrong bro, I believe in many unseen forces that work with us, it's just that when it comes to what I have experienced, you get shit done when you can. Use those calendars as a guideline but don't let it hold you back...hope that makes sense bro....

I really like you take on things and couldn't agree with you more. Great post!

localhero

Just fantastic RW!

Your operation truly reflects a person who understands working with the earth. best of luck this year!

Oh, wanted to ask if the greenhouse filters out uv's?

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
Beautiful grow there RW.

Im running a mini greenhouse this summer in comparison to that monster of a thing.

Cant wait to see how it all grows.

Moonshine

ROOTWISE

Veteran
I just hit him with some 70's Johnny Clarke Tom!!!! Set the dancehall pon FYAH!!!

Good seeing you here Tom, I'm already pretty beat up!!!!:D

All my best guys!

RW

EDIT--Tom, I am laughing my ass off......my wife is wondering what the hell is wrong with me...gets real good around the 2:20 mark!!

P

planty

Hey brother - You got me with that Gleaming Spires track... Hey baby can I get you some sex?

Wonder how that line will do for me at the saloon...haahaha

:laughing:Tom you killed me with that 1st track, yo RW where's the updates, you get planted or what? I'm SURE its looking sick , peas dubba

Tom Hill

Veteran
I've been waiting for like 30 years to hear this one finally posted on youtube. Let's party and get funky with these folks, dagnabit, howboutit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPQCjvXCGQ Transplant nice and gentle RW, lots of plant molesting love-em-ups won't be able to show pics of their plants for a couple weeks after transplant if they aren't gentle. Been there more times than I care to admit. ;)

Great work man. Can you talk a little about your veggies and flowers and your methods there? Especially anything you do different between those and your mj. It would be greatly appreciated. My gardening experience is strictly with cannabis and now that my wife and I bought our first home on an acre and a half I am eager to learn about other plants as well. Your gardening skills are impressive and I'm pulling up a chair to follow along this year and try to learn all that I can.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wattup homie,just poppin in to chief w ya holmz...
thnx for droppin in to make sure i was coo yo...fasheezy maing just chillin on the thread for a few.u kno im gonna be lurkin urs tho lol,them beeeotches was monsters last yr.

ill be droppin new pics in my albums now and then till the new thread starts.
peace-T-

hogan400

very nice,

i cant wait to see this unfold. i have a cold frame thats 30x64 but not truly such a nice greenhouse......im running into all types or hang ups being that im a noob to the outdoor game. would you mind if i asked you some questions regarding your methods and experience?

sending good vibes your way.

Latest posts

Latest posts